LKanna vs DKanna?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by wilk, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:14 AM.

1. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I pulled a kanna recently and am looking for guidance on an appropriate route. I know my question is probably more related to what I intend to do with kanna, ie lead, sub or inherit. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which road I would like to go, hence the question.

If I were to lead with kanna, which kanna is better for leading, and do I already have the subs for her (I noticed @Vaedriel has a DKanna team, that also consists of YomiDra, D/L Castor, and two D/L Satsukis). I have all these pieces except YomiDra (and my castor is at D/B instead of D/L, I would not be bothered by switching.). I would be open to suggestions if running LKanna as a lead is better for my box, or if DKanna is better for my box..(Note, I still have available team slots if making a new team is worth looking into)

If I were to use Kanna as a sub, which Kanna is better? Would I be able to insert her onto an existing team? Can I make a better team using her as a sub?

Should I even consider using her as an inherit?

As far as teams are concerned, I'm comfortable doing rows and/or TPA. I'm warming up to plus teams as I try to practice with my Ronove team on easy dungeons getting a feel for how to use it. My PADHerder was updated yesterday, and all of the teams I have constructed are all listed in my signature. Hopefully this is enough information to start with as far as suggestions are concerned.

As always, any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. GrinD

GrinD Too hard to cross and combo

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    from my observations, D.Kanna is the better leader, with a very forgiving leader skill. I generally run Haku, Lumiel, Satsuki and A.Panda.
    It's a pretty fun team to play. Pretty tanky, with decent rcv, just mindless combos, and pretty decent damage if needed. The amount of hastes also helps to keep this team going. But it's not a mind blowing team or anything like that. When I need to clear hard or new stuff she's never my go to team. I play her on easier content just because it's fun.

L.Kanna is a really powerful sub. I don't know if anything changed, but she was used in RaDrag teams, due to her attack and being unbindable.

And I don't really think she's used for inherits. If you really need some atk buff, probably go look for gemstone princesses or norse gods.

wilk likes this.
  3. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I believe most people who lead with kanna choose the dark version. I've never seen anyone leading with lkanna. With that said, dkanna is still a great TPA card and can find a home on some dark teams. For example, I love using her on my dFenrir team for light coverage and the TPA damage. :)

Light kanna though I believe has 1 more TPA then her other form. But I don't see her in too many teams other than RaDragon. Although I suppose any light team that wants TPAs would be happy to have her.

As for inherits, both kannas have the same skill. So the only thing her color will effect is the "stat" boost you get when inheriting the same color card. However, there are TONS of damage boosting cards so I'm sure you can always find something to inherit. :p

Anyway, I would first ask yourself.... Do you want a light or dark TPA card? That will sort of answer itself. Besides, don't fret about it too much because her evo mats are really simple for the two forms. So you can always switch. ;)

wilk likes this.
  4. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have cameo, also recently pulled, would she serve as a good inherit for one of my teams?

5. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's true. I've already made at least one switch, and I do not find it hard to do at all.

6. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If I went with DKanna lead, What subs would be optimal to run?

I have the subs mentioned before, I also have A.Haku and Lumiel (I have 2 of these) that @GrinD uses as subs.

7. GrinD

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cameo and Silk are the worst gemstones because they need a certain color to stack with their actives. So your only chance at using cameo will be in a green or dark +orb team, and you'll need quite a few enhances for her to be useful. at 5 OE her bonus attack will be of 2.5x.

Now for D.Kanna subs, I try to take the most board changers and orb changers. Panda is there for the hearts, Lumiel is useful for the laser, her board isn't that good and she lacks SBR awakenings (which now isn't really a problem with uvo satsuki). But as I said before, it's a very forgiving team. Try playing with a few different monsters and see how it goes :)

wilk likes this.
  8. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Im pretty sure Cameo is green or dark rows, not OE. So Cameo would be a good inherit for you Awoken Liu Bei team, if you would need a burst.

wilk, GrinD and Vaedriel like this.
  9. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I love this question!! If you are looking for an amazing lead, then go with DKanna. As for my team comp:

Kanna: I have Carat SI'd on mine. It multiplies dmg based on # of TPA. :)
    Yomidra: If you don't have Yomidra, no worries, just put in a Dark bind resist card with a way to clear binds. That is the only reason Yomidra is on my team, that and her stats are awesome.
    Castor: Amazing awakenings + being in the top 5 for highest ATK stat + a low CD AS = he is a core sub in my book. His AS can be used "as is" for trash clear+Haste or SI something on him. In my case I have Eschamali on him.
    Satsuki: Now that her new D/L evo is out, she is a TPA beast. Plus she converts water + clears trash + haste.

When I need a board changer SI'd on the team, Apocalypse is great, though if I had pulled a Sheena, she would be preferred. There are lots of great TPA dark cards out there to chose from and other Utility cards when needed to throw on the team, but overall DKanna is my favorite team due to her HP multiplier and high Dmg output.

As for LKanna, she's not a leader. She is, however, a formidable sub and I have one on both my Myr and Ilm teams. She is a beast when it comes to TPA damage output and she is unbindable. I have a low CD bind clear on her. Both my Myr and Ilm teams are TPA and row.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM
    Seanna and wilk like this.
  10. GrinD

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, that's true, I just looked quickly at her skill on padx and didn't notice it. Row teams generally carry enough to justify her use, but the color part is still true, it would be better if it counted every row awakening :)

wilk and bp1976 like this.
  11. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So my bind resist options are:
    Dmeta, Kakkab, and Lumiel (the later two also contain TPAs)

Bind resit with recover bind awoken options are:
    R. Anubis, Kurone, Diadem

Do any of these options seem workable in place of Yomidra?
    I also have GrOdin that could be used as an inherit.

For board changing SI, the best I can come up with, that has a bi-color board change, at the moment appears to be Ronia. I have a couple of tri-color board changers such as zuoh and R.Haku and a quad-color in lumiel.

12. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    If you are looking to stack TPAs I think Lumiel is great. She also has a true damage on her active in case you want to clear some pesky predras or something. :)

As for bind clear, I always prefer actual bind clear actives versus the bind clear awakening. This is because the awakening requires you to have enough hearts on the board to start with (which doesn't always happen). So you could take Lumiel for the TPAs and then inherit a real bind clear (sakuya, amaterasu, ameNoUzume, etc) onto her?

Also just a thought, but RevoHaku will probably also be a great sub. She does have TPAs but her OEs and the 7combo awakening could really do some nice damage. :p

wilk likes this.
  13. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I prefer bind clear actives too! My favorite SI for this is the dragon swordsmen/women! Convert heart>orb and then clear binds. It's a nice combo. :)

If you have DKanna and 2 Satsukii (lol) you have all the TPA power that you need, quite honestly. DMeta has amazing stats/awakenings so I would inherit a bind clear on her. If you run a dungeon where you need to clear predras or another high DEF monster, take Lumiel. She only has 1 SB and lower stats when maxed out versus DMeta, so I personally would go with DMeta in most cases. Play with both and see which you prefer, sometimes it all comes down to play style. :)

Two color board changers are typically better then 3, because with 3 orbs you run the potential of getting screwed on the color you need. Nothing more irritating then being on the last boss and not getting enough of what you need. (Ask anyone running Myr with Saria SI'd on the team and her making only 4 hearts on the boss, OUCH!) Unless you have an AS handy to fix it. Zuoh and RHaku are good 3 color options!

wilk and kiarahakura like this.
  14. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    tl;dr
    LKanna is pretty much the best light TPA sub (especially on Myr and RaDra), but better don't use her as an lead ;)
    DKannas LS is a little bit powercreeped by DAthena, but she's one of the very few strong leads which can fully utilize the amazing new sub Satsuki... which kind of makes up for that in terms of power potential.

wilk and Vaedriel like this.
  15. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So far, from all of the suggestions, here is what I'm thinking:

Dkanna| D/L Satsuki,D/L Satsuki, Dmetatron(bind clear inherit, GrOdin for now, can change when I get something better)/Lumiel (rotate these two according to need)

For the last spot, I'm thinking either R.Haku or D/L Castor (better option than D/B Castor?)

@Vaedriel would the 2 color board changer Ronia suffice (orbs changed to fire and dark) or would 3-color changer zuoh be better? And who should get the board changing inherit (or would one be needed)?

16. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't think DKanna is worth using as a lead at all. If you only have one Kanna, the sub version (L/L Uevo) serves a much more important role on any team that can utilize light TPAs.

Put it into respective, Dkanna x Dkanna is a 2.25/27/2.25 lead, with very redundant ASs on the leaders. If you enjoy this play style, which I can see you have a hyper R.Shiva already, there's just no point to invest on Dkanna. R.Shiva paired with the upcoming Awoken Belial is a 2/49/2 pairing, which is far stronger than Dkanna.

17. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm not sure that I have a particular play style that I enjoy significantly more than others, but I do find TPA and Rows easier than Plus. In any event, I happened to Revo Shiva and hypermax before I joined the forum as I was enticed by the high attack.

Since joining the forum, I have been wondering if I had the right pieces to use R.Shiva as a lead or as a sub, but I never actually asked about it. Do I have reasonable subs to run an R. Shiva team?

18. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

You have plenty of good subs for a Shiva team.

Assuming you'll be running Shiva x Belial, which is the preferred pairing for the HP boost and Belial has a more universally useful AS than Shiva. Belial's LS only applies to attacker and devils, so:

IMO Urd is the no.1 sub for her amazing AS, which is good for bursting and healing at the same time.

The team's biggest problem is gonna be binds. But you have Rozuel who is a very good bind clearer for the team. Triple TPA is also very nice.

Revo Freyr also deserves a spot. Since 49x is not very high for today's standard, his AS comes handy when you want to do big damage. In a future update his AS is buffed to lasting 3 turns, which makes him even better. His awakenings, namely the double TPA and 7c2x, also make him the hardest hitter on the team.

For the last spot I don't see someone as good as the above three mentioned. But despite the useless rows, Yamato has good stats and a good AS, and he is on type.

19. Expagel

Expagel Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would just add that you can run DKanna x Aizen; Aizen gives you a heart maker and an unbindable bind clear, and one less dead active than multiple Kannas would have, and there's a slight trade in tankiness for attack power. The crosses aren't even necessary for most floors, a single TPA + 5 combos will annihilate most floors. With the recently released evos I'm now running DKanna (Facet)/Satsuki/R.Haku/R.Haku/R.Persephone/Aizen (A.Orochi or Ryune) and my A1 clear rate has improved (subs were Satsuki x2/Castor/A.Haku before).

20. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the suggestion. What friend lead I should look for would have been my next question regarding the Dkanna team :)