Monster Strike

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kitbb, Jan 22, 2014.

1. kitbb

kitbb Member

This game is getting pretty big in Japan atm, so anyone playing it?

I just started and so far it seems really fun. There's multiplayer up to 4 players but you can still play solo and the playstyle is very different from PAD.
    Although a fair warning is the 5* gacha rate is very low, however 1 5* monster can get you really far in the game because you will most likely only use 1 monster during mutiplayer anyway and there is no such thing as leader skills which makes team building very easy. You also are given 150 stones from playing enough multiplayer, which you can then use to roll 30 times!

Rerolling:

To reroll delete the data10.bin file, I'd advise to reroll until you get monsters within the current rankings
    Current rankings are here: JP monster current rankings

Here's some gamplay footage of Max murai doing multiplayer.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tbs1IKQphw[/video]

Descend fights:
    So descend bosses a have a variety of different skills and the most common 2 apart from shooting pellets/lasers at your face are these two:

[​IMG]

See that giant circle around the boss? that's a gravity barrier and anything within the gravity barrier is slowed immensely.

[​IMG]

The 2nd skill is that blue light (not always blue) thing on the border of the screen, if you touch it you will lose health. This skill is not actually used by the boss most of the time, but from the shield thing you see which is part of the boss. This along with shields on the bosses body can be destroyed by a shieldbreaker.

So now your asking yourself, what is a shield breaker? It's a passive skill which can be seen on the monster details page.

Monster Details:

[​IMG]
    Most of the stuff on this picture is obvious so I'll only go through the important parts:

4: Strike shot (active skill)
    5: Friend combo (when it gets hit by another monster on your team, if you can't read japanese it's pretty easy to tell what the mosnter does from the icon: here it shows a X, which refers to lasers shooting in a X pattern)
    6: Luck (increases chance of extra chest drops, increased by eating the same monster, capped at 90 for 5* and 100 for 6* (?))
    8: Type (There are 3 types Power, Balance and Speed) NOTE: One monster will only have 1 type, so there isn't another Susanoo with a power type.
    9: Passive skill - There's a variety of passive skills that do increased damage on certain types of monsters (e.g. Devil Killer, God killer etc) But the most useful passives are these three: アンチ重力バリア, シールドブレーカー, アンチダメージウォール.

アンチ重力バリア (Anti-gravity): negates the gravity barrier
    シールドブレーカー (Shieldbreaker): destroys shields in one hit
    アンチダメージウォール (Anti-wall): negates damage from walls

Wiki links:
    http://www.dopr.net/mon-st
    http://www.sus304.jp/
    http://seesaawiki.jp/monster-strike/

Friend Codes:
    hakimiru (478066551)
    ThatGuy (437030727)/メカゴジラ (352090275)
    Lance (503709835)
    slope (101997174)
    Azureskys (950987368)
    Daisengan (748938223)
    Flandre (189174952)
    kitbb (337989332)
    Paimon (204324813)
    Dest (177708726)

2. kitbb

kitbb Member

Bump! new event 2m downloads just came out, really high chance of getting 5*

3. Esplen

Esplen Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    It kept crashing on my Android so I'm going to wait for it to get released in US so I can see that my device isn't supported.

4. XCobra

XCobra るり

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Seems interesting. Might play if it gets released in the US app store

5. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

I actually just downloaded this game because I saw a lot of videos of it on Max Murai's channel

Not really sure what I'm doing though, is there rerolling in this game?

6. kitbb

kitbb Member

Yes there is rerolling, it is highly recommended you start with a 5* monster. To reroll just delete the data10.bin file, the 5* rate is ridiculously high during this event so shouldn't be too hard.

7. Flandre

Cool, thanks

Saves me time from deleting and reinstalling

8. pubeessence

pubeessence New Member

So which 5* monster is op?

9. kitbb

kitbb Member

The JP rankings are:

S+
    no.257: Harley X (ハーレーX )

S
    no.326: Mizuki Nanami (水輝ナナミ)
    no.311: Oda Nobunaga (織田信長)

A
    no.288: Arthur (アーサー)
    no.286: Merlin (マーリン)
    no.197: Strike (ストライク)

Note that there is a regular Harley which is nowhere near as strong as the X version. (Don't really know why they did this, but there are only 2 monsters which have X versions)

Regular Harley:
    [​IMG]

Harley X:
    [​IMG]

There are more in the B and C ranks but I don't want to list them all. Also there are certain 4* monsters which are good enough to start if you get tired of rerolling.

10. Flandre

What are some of the better 4* monsters? I tried rerolling for a 5* forever and couldn't get one, I saved a few accounts with 4* monsters that I liked the art for but I dunno if they're any good

11. kitbb

kitbb Member

The best 4* is no.264 ジュピター (Jupiter).

Others which are also acceptable are:
    no.282 ガラハッド (Galahad)
    no.262 ネプチューン (Neptune)
    no.250 ヤディア (Yadia)
    no.307黑田官兵衛 (Kuroda Yoshitaka)

Out of this list, Galahad in my opinion is almost as strong as Jupiter and Neptune being the weakest.

12. Flandre

Oh sick, I actually have Jupiter on one of the accounts I saved lol

I have one with Neptune as well but it seems like I should pick the Jupiter one

What's the general strategy for team building, is it better to go mono-color or rainbow? And are there godfests that I should be saving my magic stone things for?

13. kitbb

kitbb Member

Not much team building is required in this game, not even for descends as long as your team has good stats and skills. Since there is no leader skills there is no real benefit for going mono or rainbow so just do as you like, though it is better to go against the elements like in PAD. You can place anyone as leader but you might want to have someone with a high luck rating so you get a higher chance of drops.

There are godfests (there's one on now with the new set of battleship girls) but I won't roll on these unless it was like the 2m download event where all the eggs were gold. If you do roll on the godfests, aim for the ones I listed before.

14. Flandre

Okay cool, I'll hold onto my stones then

Couple more questions, sorry to be a nuisance lol

-What is that star thing on my monster's info page? Not their rarity, there's a big rainbow flashing star with a number next to it, it shows up next to the portraits when I use friends too

-What's the best way to level up my monsters? I've been feeding some trash mobs to each other and then feeding those to my main monsters, and I also got some top hat turtle guys that seem to be the equivalent of metal dragons. Are there anything like pengdras that I should look out for?

15. kitbb

kitbb Member

[​IMG]

I assume you mean number 6 on the picture? That's the luck rating, the higher your luck the higher chance you will get a extra chest drop.

Shown here:
    [​IMG]

The luck rating goes up to 90, and you increase luck by eating the same monster.

For leveling just eat the purple turtles, I won't bother with feeding anything else as they don't give much xp at all. The light turtles are for money so sell those instead. There are no pengdra equivalents.

16. Flandre

Okay cool, thanks

But ugh @ needing to feed the same monster, that seems awful for the rarer stuff

17. kitbb

kitbb Member

Yes it is, but luck is not too important anyway. People generally just use the starting dragons and farm them to 90 luck rating.
    If your crazy, I've also seen people use 5-6* descend monsters farmed to 90 luck.

18. Flandre

btw, what's that easy method to get 150 stones that you mentioned in your first post?

I've got 21 saved up so far but the more the better I suppose, really starting to see why 5* monsters are worth rerolling for now

19. kitbb

kitbb Member

The game gives you 5 stones each for the first 10 people you multiplay with and 1 stone each for up to 100 people. Sometimes this bugs and gives you it twice, so I ended up with over 240 stones.

If you don't have other people in your area to play with (or live in Japan) this can be hard, but there are other ways to get around this which lots of people have been using. I can't specifically say what it is though since I'm not sure I'm allowed to, but it involves your GPS and changing its location.

20. Flandre

Oh okay

I don't think that's an option for me then since I'm on iOS and I think the only way to change the location of my iPad is to jailbreak it which I can't do because it's not even mine, I'm just borrowing it for a while.

I can't tell if it's a combination of the game getting harder, me being bad, or my monsters being terrible but I'm dying an awful lot all of a sudden. It's probably a combination of all 3 but mostly me being bad lol. I really need another gold egg event so I can spend these stones and upgrade my other two slots, other than Jupiter I'm just using the evolved blue starter and some stupid star guy that I picked up in a dungeon.