Myr - How to A3

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by graps, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The issue with Elia is I would struggle to even hit 30k HP. Since I want to run solo that's just unacceptable. Gadius is OK in my experience. Paimon or Myr fix if you're in a do or die situation. Obviously not ideal, but...

2. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Myr/Apoc/Paimon/Wukong/Ellia/Myr should have 30 981 HP, which is okay.
    I didn't count the same-colour inheritances or any possible HP latents, which would push it even higher.
    But since you're doing this in solo, you should have access to badges, which allows it to hit 35 628 HP with the 15% increase badge, and that doesn't even count HP latents or inhertance stat boosts, which is enough for most of your A3 needs.

A 2/3 board makes bursting much easier, Gadius' board can't burst as high as you probably want to be able to on demand, even with a Paimon fix.

wangatang0830 and ainvar like this.
  3. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'll mess around with that. I'm not convinced Apocalypse into Elia is more damage than Gadius into LAkechi on average but it's worth testing. Certainly you get fewer than five hearts more rarely.

Thanks for the advice. I play Myr quite a bit but A3 is just not something I've prioritized running. Who would you kick off for Orpharion? Wukong?

What inherits would you recommend? I'm assuming Baldin, Orochi or Hydra are in for sure I presume. Gemstone friend? Saria friend? LGadius on Paimon? Orochi on Elia then recharge her? What goes on Apocalypse and Wukong?

4. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

I agree with Graps. Gadius should get kicked.

The problem with Gadius is that when you use him, you'll always need to have a fixer available in case things go south. Whereas most of the time you can expect something decent out of a Apoc board, which when used alone should be able to sweep most things. And since a bicolour board is pretty much a one time use vs the Radar dragons, I don't see much point keeping a secondary and inferior board changer on the team.

For inherits, pretty much every A3 team use a combination of gemstone+orochi+shield. Myr might not need the shield, depend on if your team can tank a Kali >65% hit with just a cross? If you can I probably won't bother bringing Baldin. And gemstone friend since you don't have one of your own. Gemstone will allow you to burst predra/Zeusdra/Gaiadra. Delay on Elia probably, as once you've used delay on Vishnu her own skill should be back on Radar floor to give you a bicolour board.

When I play Myr in A3, I basically only use 2~3 orb changers and let the other slots charge for inherit. In your case, Apoc and WK probably are the most used changers, so they can just get some inherits that are long and useless just for the on-attribute stat bonus.

graps likes this.
  5. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I also concluded Elia.Delay is ideal.

If I use a gemstone friend I have only a single board change. With Beelzebub in the dungeon that seems bad, especially without ADQXQ to emergency convert poisons.

So how does this sound?

Myr.Indra Apocalypse.Raphael Paimon.LGadius Elia.Hydra Wukong.WeeJas Myr.Gemstone

Apocalypse inherit should be any old light based. I was thinking Raphael because that solves anything including Beelzebub if it's charged. The idea is not to charge him, but if he does get charged he protects against anything.
    Wukong I'll probably do something random. Maybe a Wee Jas because that guarantees a cross and delay is useful. Again I'll probably cycle the main skill more than charging the inherit.
    Paimon is mostly for main skill but Gadius isn't a terrible over charge option.
    Elia I'll use the delay on Vishnu floor and with most of my other actives hasting should have her back quickly enough to make a 2/3 board when I need it.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  6. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [​IMG]

That's with skill boost gemstone and a 13 heart bicolor board. HP look good, too, and that's before inherits.

No gemstone Myr friends though...

7. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze Blazing 420+ Days

User ID:
    :DI resU
    I really wouldn't recommend LGadius, but as an option available he's not shabby at all. I've ran with him several times for A3 before I acquired better pieces and he still fared well in many aspects for me before then. You can technically "upgrade" his active skill with Saria to make up for that issue, just don't use his active at all through A3.

Here's an example of my old Myr team before the arrival of Kanna.

edit: obviously this video is a death, but fuck skyfall at the time this happened. The goal was to get her below 65% and stall, not overshoot all the way to 5%.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    David@PF, graps and ainvar like this.
  8. hush

hush New Member

User ID:
    For a BMyr row-based team, why is ASQ a better base than I&I? I would want ASQs active to be up while having I&I's 2nd SBR and 2nd row. I&I only loses out in RCV

9. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    I don't see any benefit in going completely row. You really lose out on orb efficiency that way. Sun Quan has really nice TPA damage for efficiency and his multi purpose active can help with other enemies than radars/Kali, like Sopdet or Hino.

In the end, I&I are a fine burst sub, just outclassed.

aFireBlaze likes this.
  10. hush

hush New Member

User ID:
    I agree that ASQ's active is far superior to I&I's; I use ASQ in my current set up, and his active has saved me from Sopdet and Hino more times than I care to count. If I were to inherit I&I on him, I wouldn't be able to reliably have ASQ up because by the time I get to Hino/Sopdet, I&I would be up. I have SDRs on ASQ so Hino's delay wouldn't help me. :/ I do want to put something on ASQ, I just currently don't see a solution to this particular problem.

An excellent guide, by the way. I was expecting... well, something far less coherent and detailed when I was directed here. Being a writer of guides myself, I appreciate the time (however long or short) you that took out of your day(s) to create this. Truly a gem.

graps likes this.
  11. Zante

Zante Generally Indecisive

User ID:
    How would you kill heph dragon with the 15 turn skill delay solo?

12. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can use a gemstone on the previous for and get one turn of burst. And if everything has an assist your base skills can help. But it's hard.

aFireBlaze likes this.
  13. aFireBlaze

User ID:
    Apart from what Ainvar said, you also want everything SDR'd + inherits on top. Without some sort of active skill up(plus Kanna burst to tank the skill delay and damage) you're more than like screwed over in solo.

14. Zante

User ID:
    How would you know if it is heph drag?

15. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You don't

16. Zante

User ID:
    Then you don't have a gemstone buff for kali unless you are carrying two on the team for some reason

17. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kali can be tanked. Or killed in any number of other ways. No gemstone necessary.

aFireBlaze and wangatang0830 like this.
  18. aFireBlaze

User ID:
    >use gemstone princess
    >hera dragon shows up
    :thinking:

wait actually
    >inherit gemstone princess onto leader
    :thinking even more:

19. sarcastabtch

sarcastabtch Member

Thank you for this well-written guide. I'd come close to beating A3 solo with myr, but always fell slightly short. Swapped Kanna onto my team and inherited Facet and beat it today. Thanks for this; dreading when I get the Heph dragon spawn.

Scarylarry and ainvar like this.
  20. animaillusionaria

animaillusionaria Member

Between Hybrid and Tpa which one is more consistent/ optimal?

BMyr/Skuld(no Ryune sadly)/Orochi/Andro/Andro/BMyr

or

BMyr/Sumire/Orochi/SunQuan/Skuld/BMyr

didnt list inherits as i can inherit both teams with ideal things.