Myr, Izanagi, Kanna, and 2poc team questions

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Stunna, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Stunna

Stunna Dual Ronia Apologist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been on a rough hiatus for like a year (log in, do challenges occasionally, etc) and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Current Myr team is something like:
    Myr - ADQXQ Kanna Wukong Apoc - Myr/whatever

Other subs/skill donors: XQ, Izanagi, Snow White/Thumbelina, Indra, Raph, Ganesha, R Ra

-Should I be maxing out my second Apoc and replacing someone (Wukong? ADQXQ?)

-What should I be inheriting on Myr anyway? Bind clear seemed to be my first idea but I don't see many of those around. An orb change seems pretty standard but I'd have to make a sub decision or put a suboptimal change like regular DQXQ on her.

-Is Izanagi worth putting in his awoken form and pii-ing as an occasional lead? Myr seems to be regarded more highly (bind immunity) but the recovery multiplier looks really nice. Kanna seems like overkill in that case but is a pretty neat sub; does she get eliminated?

I can get eggs easily but piis are finite, as I lack the attention span for major arena farming.

Bonus question: Is it worth rolling in the light gala alone for an alt that might also run Myr?

Thanks in advance.

2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I suggest a bind clear for Myr, ideally a fairy tale girl for the combo heart generation and bind clear. Wukong can heartrow as well.

I don't think you need to mess with Apoc #2. My box is suboptimal but I prefer TPA-centric most of the time, and really only lean for rows when I need to deal more than 10m team damage. Don't replace DQXQ (combos with Apoc amazingly), and Wukong is superior over a 2nd Apoc (imo) because Apoc is hit or miss on orb generation while you know what you're getting with Wu. So then it's Kanna versus Apoc II, and her TPA will solo most things and godboost helps out when you really need damage.

Izanagi is a great lead to pair with Myr (dual izanagi and 4x RCV is excessive!), because the RCV boosting makes stalling significantly easier (only an issue for really long dungeons, I'm talking like 10+ floors) and diminishes the need for "heart cross almost every turn or die". In addition to being unbindable, the +2 seconds of move time from Myr is huuuuge. Izanagi really only comes into play in Arena, imo. Also izanagi is cheaper to make than Myr, if you're starting from nothing.

If you're not arena farming (and already have an arena-capable team) then you can skip on Iza.

Re: alt and light gala -- eh. It's less worthwhile for its overall box, but if you want to all-in on Myr (it's an alt, after all), then I say go for it

Stunna and PDF3 like this.
  3. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Alot of personal preference there. My personal choice of a team from what you have listed would be Myr (Apoc)/ADQXQ/Apoc/Kanna(Snow White)/Wukong/Myr(whatever)

That would get you 2 full board changes and 2 partial changes, 3 1-turn hastes, great TPA burst, 2 ways to bind clear, and a 2x burst active. Plus whatever the friend's Myr brings to the table. Pretty solid.

Personally, I don't like running Izanagi (even though I have one pentamaxed). The time extend on double Myr is too good and if you have a fully plussed team you don't need the RCV boost.

I run Myr(Baldin)/Wukong(Baal)/ADQXQ/Apoc/reVenus(Saria)/Myr(whatever) and It works great. Just cleared 1-shot challenge #6 with this team.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Stunna and wangatang0830 like this.
  4. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

I'd put a dupe Apocalypse (even w/o maxing the skill) as skill transfer of the main Apocalypse so I could focus the latent awakenings on something else. (simply skill delay protect, not the best thing, tho)

A.Izanagi is pretty nice as leader if you don't have Myr or your Myr team has a low RCV power. Else I'd keep with dual Myr. (Pretty much because he is bindable)

Thumbelina and Snow White are nice skills to be transfered to Myr, but I'd recommend you to transfer Cinderela's instrad. (future patch will give you some stats for same attribute cards skill transfer).

If you're running a TPA based team, Kanna would be pretty nice... it is always amazing to see a card dealing like 30m alone. rofl

At NA, I'm running Myr/Attackarasu/Apocalypse/Bride Satsuki/Sub Ilm/Myr - I kinda lack of better subs.
    At JP, I'm running Myr (GrOdin)/Sun Wukong/Student Lucifer(Saria)/Saria/Maeda Keiji/Myr (sometimes I replace Maeda Keiji with Unicorn Rider - at multiplayer)

Stunna likes this.
  5. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    I run A.Izanagi/Paimon/Wukong/A.DQXQ/Apoc/Myr and have ~30K HP. I gotta say, the freedom to heal up/stall until I get 5 natural hearts on board or skills are up with Izanagi is AMAZING not to mention those times where I need to burst or just clear stuff with only 3-4 lights makes Izanagis spike on a 6 (5 with Paimon) turn countdown is amazing. While I dont have a skilled Myr, I havent even bothered.

That said, for you with a Kanna, Izanagi's skill becomes redundant, so you gotta ask yourself. Do you want to be able to stall effectively with an RCV boost, or do you want to TPA blast through everything? Anyway no matter what you do, ditch Wukong for a second Apoc. Keep DQXQ because they make for a tight burst with Apoc.

And as far as binds go: from my limited experience (I usually only run this team when my more fun leads wont suffice) binds arent as much of an issue with Myr that you would want to inherit an unbinder. You can usually just stall through binds (even me with Izanagi getting bound, I just stall through the binds at 50% reduction), and are better off with a Saria or even your Wukong as an inherit.

Anyway in spite of my 8 rows I pretty much only make incidental rows and am jealous of your Kanna and 2nd Apoc. Im at the point of considering swapping in Ariel or Cloud.

Stunna likes this.
  6. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

+1 to this set up. The only improvement I can think of is probably a stronger burst on Kanna, like Carat/Facet/A.Thor.

I personally never use a friend with a bind clear (including fairty tail girls) inherit, reasons:
    • Inherit gives 10% HP, 5% atk, 15% rcv of assist monster. Saria/Apoc will give Myr extra 400 HP, which is simply too good to pass.
    • When your leaders and Kanna are unbindable, most binds either 1) can be ignored 2) can be prevented. For instance, the most fatal binds in arena 1 are tamadra floor and Kagu, but they both possess no threats to Myr at all.
    • If specific dungeons have enemies like GL Alraune or Ama Tama, you can just bring a bind clear on your team. But generally speaking, those preemptive whole team binds are extremely rare.
    • Apoc can be used regardless of the board, and in most cases as long as you are protected by heart cross you'll survive another turn. Whereas fairtytale girls would be very useless if say the board is flooded with jammers or poison.

And another vote for don't bother with Izanagi. In comparison, he's bindable, much worse weighted stats, loose 1.5 sec movement time and has a redundant AS with Kanna.

A common misconception is that dual Myr is sitting duck without a heart cross. But Myr team has 30k+ base HP and 4k+ base rcv, which means you can tank a lot of stuff without a cross. And if you can use that turn to hoard 5 heart orbs and 4 light orbs, you can easily heal back on the next turn and retaliate with 8m+ damage off a single TPA.

Stunna likes this.
  7. Stunna

Stunna Dual Ronia Apologist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cool, thanks for the prompt replies everyone. I thought there would be more support for a direct 2poc team rather than an inherit, but the rationale for a variety of direct orb changers makes a lot of sense. I'll brood and hope the skillup dungeon comes along, but I won't rush to pii apoc or something like that.

I forgot about the move time and I'm still pretty sloppy with Myr boards, so not rushing Izanagi makes sense. I'll probably still deal with him on the side and test out the pairing in EC, etc.

I'm pleased that various boring/crummy rolls I had back in the day are potential powerhouses.

Wacky idea - D/L Yomi on Kanna? I feel like I'm more likely to use 2.5x for one turn than 2x for two turns, although haste can be a lifesaver.

8. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    There's something I want to share:
    - You should raise the 2nd Apoc, but DO NOT 297 him. Since there's a lot of No Dupe Dungeon nowaday, the 2nd Apoc not always can be used. I'm sure love him to death with his stat, active and awaken, perfect for Myr. But just use the 2nd for inherit.
    - Personal choice, I prefer DQ over A.DQXQ. The prong is good since you will mostly use prong with this team, no useless Water row, and the bind-clear is very nice in some case. A.DQXQ is a better inherit though, so you may consider to use DQ as Sub and A.DQXQ as inherit. Again, personal choice here.
    - Bind clear is completely unnecessary, unless the Dungeon is heavily-bind mechanic (like each floor). The leaders and Kanna (your hardest hitter) is unbindable, meaning that you can stall or destroy stuff with the rest of the team bound. Also, if it's not team bind, there's a chance that you can bind clear with Wukong and/or DQ.
    - Light inherit is the best for Myr team, since it raise your HP (in later update) to tank. So most of the time you should consider Light inherit on the team.
    - For Kanna, the best is Light Jewel princess for super burst. Board changer is also nice here (Apoc/Saria/Sylvie...)
    - In a lot of case, you don't need cross to tank every turn, so DO NOT pop active to make shield unless it's necessary. Myr team actually has a very high RCV that you can stall with 3-4 heart and high combo count.

wangatang0830 likes this.