new player looking for some suggestions

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Hirosko, Apr 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM.

1. Hirosko

Hirosko New Member

Hi there I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and I'm not sure how i should set up my teams/what i should focus on for evos/etc. Right now I'm trying to evolve haku but dont have much of a setup for it, also not sure which friend leaders are best for harder dungeons. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017 at 3:06 PM
  2. Hirosko

Hirosko New Member

3. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    You're a little early for building coherent teams, so rainbow leads like Haku and Meimei are a good way to go. Leader skills typically include attack multipliers, so the trick to teambuilding is basically to make it as easy as possible to trigger the leader skill as often as possible. So your subs are selected for that, offensive awakenings (two prong attacks, rows, etc.) or for utility (e.g. a shield).

MeiMei is a solid option for now. She attacks with wood, light, and dark so you need each of those colors as an attribute (the color at the top left of a card) or sub-attribute (bottom right color) on at least one card in your team. If a card gets bound and you don't have another card that covers a color, you won't be able to activate your leader skill. I would evolve this one for now: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1266. She has the best leader skill since any 3 of wood, light, dark, heart would work instead of needing wood, light, and dark every time. This meimei also has god killer and dragon killer, which multiplies her damage by 3 when you fight an enemy that's either of these two types. A lot of bosses are dragon or god typed, so this will be useful. From there, your second meimei has a perfect board (wood, light, dark) so I would throw her on the team too. The rest of your meimei team is problematic because liu bei removes both dark and heart orbs so you can no longer trigger your leader skill, and ronia and urd change the entire board to non-compatible colors. So if you use any of their actives, you don't get your 4x. I would try something like Meimei/meimei (wood+light version for light attacks)/leeza (make sure you have enough non-wood orbs in the right colors outside of the bottom row before using her because he'll change the bottom row to wood)/Wood fire liu bei (his active is useless, but he hits really hard)/[flex]/meimei (awoken or dark version like yours). For the flex spot, you could farm this guy http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=102. Alternatively, if you're dealing with binds, you could also toss in a king emerald dragon since he's pretty easy to acquire and can remove binds if he doesn't get bound. Actually, any king dragon can do this, but they convert hearts to their own color when they unbind. Hope this helps :)

Knomraski likes this.