Non-ALB end game players, what do you run?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by nocutename, Jan 11, 2017.

1. nocutename

nocutename I still stink after 1100 days but I am still here.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am curious as to what non-ALB end gamers are farming these days? The only friends I ever see up in coop are alb players so were are all those non-alb players? For those that say use Dios or an alternative leader to pair up with ALB, I laugh.

Discord players are so fussy with non-alb request. I have Verdandi with 3x dios. I put up a request to farm just some random evo mats dungeon and will be the last one picked in a sea of ALB request. My team is no slower than an Alb one and I am confident it can clear up to Gold Mythical, yet I wait and wait while I watch new request get picked over me all the time.

Then there are these Rushes that have just become within my reach to solo, sort of but these are still terribly difficult. Yet, once again Alb can farming them with a swipe here and there. But I cannot farm them. I am left staring at my screen figuring out rage ranges, etc. 40 minutes later, either pass or die.

So where I am going is that I have Machine dungeons that are way out of reach and find coop partners are impossible for me. I have a handful of those stupid hard rushes that seem to be out of my reach and arena left. The direction of this game just seems to be going in places that I don't think is fun for me.

2. sgt502

sgt502 あたらしいめんばー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You might not believe it, but I ran Dragon team with my partner, and it's considered a weak team by today's meta, but I could clear up to Legend+ dungeons with said team.

My team: Satsuki/Saria/Sherias Roots/Apocalypse/Light Wee Jas
    My partner's team: Anima/ReHino/Echidna/Sylvie/LKanna

It may be better to use Sherias Ride as my leader but my partner don't really like combo team (though I often wondering why he ran a rainbow team lol)

Also, I'm pairing Sarasvati with Rukia to co-op with my alt.

Not a fast farming, but hey it gets the job done.

3. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Non-ALB players unite!

I think Volsung is very manageable with A. Artemis x Balboa (just need to bring a delay for easy Volsung kill at the end). And I'm not sure how you feel about Myr, but... she's probably the most popular lead on Discord next to ALB. She handles Z8 with ease and it's possible to farm Scarlet with her, even though of course it's not as fast as ALB buttoning.

I also used Myr (in co-op) to get Mhera and Mathena. I use Mhera for Nordis and I've had fairly good success finding partners for Mhera in Nordis. Mathena... I use Mathena for everything. She is just so good for farming. My partner and I can button farm Z8 and Linthia with her, farm arena, farm SUDR, Dragon Rush, all the weekly dungeons. She matches up pretty well with random ALB in Discord so if you get her (Grodin cheese works too), I'd use her in place of your Verdandi for greater success at finding partners. (You're probably laughing here because I'm disregarding your third sentence lol)

When I'm not playing rogues or arena with Myr and Mathena, it's usually Tsubaki. She does stupid damage to dragons now with her new dragon killer sub form, and I was recently farming tons of Kuramshita with her. She's a fun getaway from heartcross meta. I also amuse myself with my horrible A.Okuni team and try to S-rank things with it. I'm getting Reincarnated Ceres and Hades ready for more shenanigans and my latest project is Uevo Yomidra (which I don't have a team for, but since I can't ever pull any dark heart-makers, I decided to just fuck RNG and buy my own). Revo Parv and Lakshmi are also fun to play around with.

But yeaaah, it's super hard to find non-ALB players on the Discord. And every time I put up a non-Myr lead, people are like, "R u kidding me where's ur Myr" and I just succumb to the crowd mentality... (sob)

Seanna likes this.
  4. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    i just use aizen for everthing now. dude is amazing.

5. Grokitach

Grokitach [Zalk] is my IG name

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Legend+ in coop are like [​IMG]

Some people use push button teams for easy dungeons, and ALB for tougher ones mainly because it's braindead farming while doing other things in the meantime.

6. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have teams to run. That isn't the question. I never have a capable willing partner to run anything because I lack ALB. Have you ever tried Discord to find a random coop partner? If you are lucky to get someone that doesn't run Alb, most of the time it is a newbie that isn't honest about just wanting a carry. It sucks that you cannot see a player rank when they enter the room.

7. Awoken Mark

Awoken Mark Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You should add me. I use Ronove and Krishna as my mains too and I pulled Aizen on the last day of the collab so I'm working on him. We share so many leads lol.

8. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Then again I am on the outside of the popular club. I have Dkanna who pairs up great. I get snubbed by Aizen players in coop. I have used this pair up when my HP is too low with Min / Tifa. It is silly strong.

9. Awoken Mark

Awoken Mark Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bro, pair your Vishnu with Kaede team. Matches u perfectly because you trade 25% damage red. for rcv (Kaede has 50% so 2 Kaedes hve 75%), you get some passive damage and then to activate it's the same 3 wood combos. I use Vishnu on my alt with Kaede on my main to clear content.

Could also make a Vritra push button team.

10. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I use Krishna for pretty much everything, but I don't really co-op.

11. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    i'm in EU.

@nocutename yeah i was using d kanna x aizen a bit before i managed to pull one. it's a good combo, but not as braindead easy as double aizen for most things.

12. Golden119

Golden119 Monsieur Gung-ho, you are spoiling us.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You share everything ... except a location server ;)

13. Grokitach

Grokitach [Zalk] is my IG name

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Player rank means nothing... It just means you farmed monday dungeon or linthia like crazy... Being on top of the actual meta is what matters.

About Discord, I hope you aren't talking about the Dedicated ALB NA Discord server... 'cause asking for coop on a discord server dedicated to a specific leader even with Verdandi, is dumb :troll:

But anyway, every people using ALB will join some Discord servers for braindead coop, which is not the case of the vast majority of people that do not have ALB. That's why you are having a hard time finding people not playing him.

14. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You could probably find some people more willing to work with you if it wasn't reddit discord. I avoid that place for everything except button farming things like tamas or doing dailies for evo mats. Join a smaller discord group like PadRagnorak https://discord.gg/011OOhf7gdxMdQhcS DzyDzyDino https://discord.gg/ktDG53C or I think Mantastic has one too but I'm not a member there. The smaller groups have enough people to play with but not so many people that it is impossible to have a conversation and work with someone.

On the subject of the ALB disease in the game do you have Perseus? He pairs with ALB well enough. Even Dios himself pairs decently in some circumstances. Also before I pulled ALB I just used M Hera or M Zeus for pretty much all the Rogues.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    xer 21, Seanna and Grokitach like this.
  15. RageSedai

RageSedai Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'd recommend you search on the forums for Dios led builds or coop partners that don't specifically need ALB. I don't have ALB but I can MP farm just fine between my two accounts using Dios as my leader for both. There are builds out there that don't use ALB, but finding random people on Discord might be hard.

16. foxwaffles

foxwaffles The waffliest of the foxes ON FIRE

PADherder:
    link
    There's a lot of people out in the forums here who are willing to do asymmetrical pairings that mimic ALB x ALB, the only inconvenience compared to Discord is you do have to plan out in advance when and for how long and what you farm but it's worth it imo. I've already found lots of people willing to help me once my Zeus-Dios are ready even though I only have Australis and Perseus (and of course the Dios army) to contribute.

xer 21, Seanna and RageSedai like this.
  17. Piggysoup

Piggysoup Active Member

User ID:
    NA.304.448.241
    Acc is the alternative to alb, 2nd tier but get the job done (all of rogue dungeon incl sdr)

18. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene MEN... WEARING PINK?!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Coin Z8 with MZeus is my top choice for MP these days, even though I have Bei.

I also like to do Volsung with MAthena.

19. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I think it's just who you get. I run whatever anyone suggests, and hang out now and again in the discord carry me rooms. (Though I'm also lazy and solo equally often, now that MP is kind of a shrug and everything is cleared.)

You can sweep most of the rogues pretty easy with, eh, adqxq or various random decentish leads, it's just a matter of actually solving a floor rather than semi-swiping.

I vastly prefer and recommend the actual browser site with the dozen plus rooms, and not the Reddit thread. They have separate rooms for alb vs nonalb, and a separate carry server, etc. No shade to Reddit as Reddit, just that I think the threads there get a bit narrowly focused / askew and that the chat rooms community is by contrast pretty awesome/friendly.

(My favorite still has to be a pre-buff Kanna carry, where it was the one good lead early game guy had, and he couldn't find a soul to partner with who wanted to run very early/mid entry level descends for initial evo mat stuff. We paired up with questionable under-leveled team and legit battling for a few runs and it felt good.)

For the anniliation machine dungeons, there is a specific server/rooms, with some carry "Senpai" that take stray requests, or whatever players are hanging out in chat. They're hard enough you ought to either build the team in room announcement chat headers (I don't need to die because you healed Zeus after gravity, ignorant of combo shield and his skill sets), or talk to your partner. Doable with a few reasonable approach these days (RevoRa fair fights several of them decent.). Should pick up in popularity shortly as the MP evos hit NA and peeps want spare radars or carry people that missed the one-shots.

All the rushes have breezy devil-killer, dragon-killer, etc leads that aren't alb but are super well positioned. It's a matter of finding whomever semi-jaded late game cat with the luxury subs to amble about and sweep it with you. Ilm wrecks dragons, AnaPhon kills devils, etc.

Locally, for nonrogue late game stuff I'm usually running Aizen, RaDra, MinervaIlm, or Krishna these days.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Seanna likes this.
  20. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Mainly life and sleep. Rarely play these days. Nothing to work on in the game.

Only thing i do semi farm is 3-4x A3's a week for Hera D.