1. Do you play all the newest mobile games? Want to get those games for FREE?

AppInvasion.com is looking for passionate mobile gamers to be their moderators. PM NeoCHI for more details.

Orb Manipulation Technique Pictures

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Atinuviel, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

Found these on the Chinese PAD Forum that I visit for fun. Should be helpful for people just starting and even those who played for some times, since you don't have to think about the easy combos.

2. Unknown_PC

Unknown_PC Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    On the topic of orb manipulation techniques, orb timer extension skills can also make good practice.

From this pndchina topic, this player can consistently hit 8+ combos.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/BsNpNU7I5yA/?resourceId=0_06_02_99

3. Zyrax

Zyrax New Member

How does he have so much time to manipulate orbs?

4. Back 5

Back 5 Active Member

Evolved Yomi leader ability.

5. Trix

Trix New Member

Yep. He also had Awoken Hera as his leader too.

6. Frank

Frank Member

Now that we have endless tunnel for practice i may take lillith out for a spin and practice orb matching. I can only get 4 matches most of the time, if on the off chance i get an egyptian god on the god fest i need to be better.

7. puzzle_pal

puzzle_pal New Member

Excellent post!

One additional point of advice is that you don't need to look at all the gems in a 2x3 grid. As long as you stay inside the confines and line up either the 3 red gems or the 3 blue gems (while exiting at the same entry point), the other 3 blue or red gems will naturally align themselves from the pigeonhole principle.

In other words, just mentally ignore the red gems in the diagram, and try to complete the 3-chain of blue. Once that is done, move the gem you are holding out of the 2x3 grid in exactly the way you entered, and the red chain will solve itself. It's a great way to very quickly do a double match, and because of this, it's also a great way of storing gems. A pattern such as the one below is hard to break on accident, and is also easy to solve quickly:

x o
    o x
    x o

8. Frank

Frank Member

I'd say this is sticky worthy :D

9. puzzle_pal

puzzle_pal New Member

We should go gather the other screenshots.

There's one on how to store orbs (and then consequently break them), and that one stupid thread about how to break out of a 5 wall chain in which I made very bad pictures for and then never posted out of shame.

10. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Active Member

Am I the only one who thinks most of those orb manipulation techniques are inefficient? The second picture is good but the first one I don't like at all.

11. Cel

Cel New Member

The first picture allows transposition of orbs without disrupting other orbs around it. Those techniques I've found very useful in tight spaces.

Like fixing

x o o
    x x o

to
    o o o
    x x x

without adjusting anything surrounding orbs is great.

I don't understand the last diagram of the first picture though.

12. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

What do you mean by inefficient? They're basically the algorithm for converting said scenario into 2 combos, and once you're use to them you don't even have to think or plan ahead. I can't think of anything MORE efficient than them.

13. Niteblooded

Let's see if this works...

Attaching my method. Think a picture would make more sense than me trying to explain it in words.

My method on the right and the bottom one I completely redid.

[attachment=638]

EDIT: Ooops, I painted 1 too many red orbs at the bottom. Really not sure what the point of the bottom diagram was so I just showed how I would match the Black orbs. If he used Black to denote they could be any color than I really am lost on the point of the bottom example.

14. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

Your method means that it's going to simply be 2 combos for that one move. The original method on the left means that you can continue to string together your combo together.

15. Niteblooded

Ahh ok. Then the extra work makes sense if the whole point is to solve those scenarios while keeping an orb in tow. Guess I never broke it down it step by step like that before. :)

Still have no clue what he was trying to prove on the bottom though.

16. Zyrax

Zyrax New Member

I haven't come close to mastering matching techniques (can still only consistently hit 3 before drops) but yeah, I think the main point for the images on the left are that the entry/exit points are the same. That way you can manipulate that set without disturbing the rest of the board screwing up other things you've stored or matched and get an extra match out of the exchange than if you just pushed through.

17. Unknown_PC

Unknown_PC Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    A bit late to the party, but for those who are wondering about the bottom diagram of the first picture, it shows how to drag an orb from left to right side without changing the red orbs' original position.

An example using the orb simulator, drag the blue orb from left to right side

you should end up with something like this
    [​IMG]

18. 38thdoe

38thdoe Old

Wow, when did we get an Orb simulator?

19. Cel

Cel New Member

Wow, that was a great orb simulator. I definitely could've used it last week to setup better combos >_>.

20. Niteblooded

Now that is awesome.

Thanks for explaining the diagram example too. I can't read Japanese and the intent behind it sure wasn't clear just from the few pictures it shows.

Oddly enough all those diagrams are about not disturbing existing combos but when I watch high level players play they just mash up the whole board. Many times I see an awesome combo already laid out for them and they mash it all up and form their own combo. Not once have I seen where they go out their way to protect a range of orbs. I personally don't play like that but maybe that is why they are better.