[PSA]Regarding Arena R&A post

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kumomo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. oGambit

oGambit Well-Known Member

I think we are getting a little away from the original statement. By no means am I saying lucifer is bad and can't clear some of the harder content (I've cleared arena with him a few times myself just because) but it's that he is overrated. I think the hype for him was a little much for what he is/does. The whole bark bigger than bite thing. But this is just my opinion.

Scorpio7 likes this.
  2. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gotcha. I think it might be a server thing? I play on JP only, and there was no hype ahead of time, he came out of nowhere as a surprise when they announced him. If anything there were complaints, because of the leader skill. NA/EU had the usual several weeks/months to hype themselves up and salivate, so that may have led to him feeling overrated when he finally came out?

I do find him to be very consistent at arena 1 and fairly fast once you get used to him. I haven't finished hypering Stratios yet, so i use Lucifer more than Yomi Dragon for arena 1.

For people without MP dragons, off the top of my head, I believe the most consistent options besides Lucifer are Thor/Saria, Blonia, and A Astaroth teams. So if your box is dark focused, Lucifer is a godsend that should live up to the hype. If it's not, or if you already have Ra Dragon/Yomi Dragon/Neptune Dragon/A Pandora teams, then it's a useful option with a lot of overlapping subs with Yomi Dragon, but it's nothing special.

oGambit likes this.
  3. oGambit

oGambit Well-Known Member

I use yomidra a lot. Team of yomidra/yomidra/ haku/okuni/stratios/yomidra. But I was able to one shot lkali through shield with luci which was cool

4. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's such a great team, but not everyone can afford two Yomi dragons. You may be be finding it overhyped because you're too used to caviar, and all these people are excited by a good steak :)

Wait until you one shot D Kali through her shield :D That feels really good. I need to plus my D/D Haku and convert her to D/R to see if she's worth it over A Haku for the Dragon Killer and God Killer awakenings. Should make one shotting both Kalis happen more often, but may hurt the run up to them too much to be worth it.

oGambit likes this.
  5. jesrockz

jesrockz Rock@pf Unknown and Inactive Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Definitely let us know how that works out. I just pulled a Haku and have been wondering which way to go since I just have the one. I can make Luci/Haku/Akechi/Okuni/Flex/Luci. I'm getting close to 300k MP, so Yomigon is an option for the flex spot if I'm convinced it will make the Arena difference.

6. Taffy

Taffy Active Member

User ID:
    Woooo!!! A week after hypermaxing my Saria team I finally took down Arena after 12 tries. And just before the cutoff date! So thrilled. I was never intent on farming it--just clearing it once was my goal. Sorry I don't have a killshot for Kali (Dark), but I was too nervous and did not have an easy board to solve (17-13 for those wondering).

Spawns that I can remember: Blonia, Sphinx, Dios, Lifive, Hera-Is, DKali (I would've beaten it on my 4th try, but I got Light Kali instead and had a terrible board (only 11 light orbs) so I only got her to 68% by my calculations. Next up is trying it with my Sakuya team if I can get my second Kali skilled soon.

Lastly shoutout to Sheep@PF for the Thor. I used quite a few Thor friends throughout my runs, but Sheep will take the plaudits for my first successful run. Thanks a bunch (and I will get my latents sorted out for Saria soon--because she doesn't have an uevo yet I'm not sure what to put on her, but I guess it'll be resistances?).

Edit: Oh god, I did not even list my team: Hypermaxed team: Saria/Sakuya/DQ/Apoc/Apollo/Thor. Resists on Thor, no other latents. Strategy for Kali is to hit grav for 6 mil and then get under threshold (I average 11-15 mil light damage on a two row board). Stall and then finish.

Items.png Clear.png Loot.png Checklist.png Shoutout.png

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    ZeroX21xx, Flaycrow and DJKC like this.
  7. freudia

freudia Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ultimate Arena 1.0 is being replaced by Arena 2.0 after the maintenance tomorrow, so I desperately tried to clear it before it went away. After failing about 8 times...

Screenshot_2016-03-09-02-20-57_1.jpg Screenshot_2016-03-09-02-22-14_1.jpg
    (Didn't manage to get the kill shot on LKali because skyfall luck made a 10+ combo which knocked her out around 40% HP, caught me off guard.)

Team was A. Sakuya/LKali/LKali/DIza/A. Tsukuyomi/A. Sakuya. All hypermax except for DIza who is max level, max skilled and has 3 HP latents.

The spawns were Sphinx on F13, Parvati on F15, Zeus Olympios on F17, Sonia Gran on F18, Athena on F19, and LKali on F20.

So relieved it's finally over. Freaking Sopdet killed 3 runs.