[PSA]Regarding Arena R&A post

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kumomo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I started out thinking like you. Disliking it, but wanting the rewards. The more I run it, the more I learn it and the faster it goes. I am at the mixed like and hate stage. Eventually I think I will just enjoy it.

I use Yomigon by the way, who do you use?

2. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

I'm using a RaDra team. The standard.

RaDra / DKali / RKali / Indra/ A Isis / RaDra

It's supposed to be one of the most stable teams, but honestly It's very stressful for me to run. although it is reasonable. I'm at maybe 66% success rate. I think I can get higher as I learn where I can safely stall.

Flaycrow and oGambit like this.
  3. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Complete opposite, to be honest. I mainly play games that are exceedingly hard for the challenge and to learn new skills. So right now I'm enjoying PAD, Amplitude, and Hell Divers. Plus I'm always playing DDR and Splatoon - high rank Splatoon is surprisingly difficult for such a cute and colorful game :3

My clear rate is lower than yours, but it's getting better as I learn the dungeon more and get used to what needs to be done where. I just wish there had been a few more months before 2.0, so I could have mastered 1.0.

4. bensshi

bensshi bensshi

Cleared Arena with a Saria and Thor team!

HP - 50,770
    RCV - 10,723

||
    Level
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Skill Level
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Max​
    Awoken
    ☆​
    ☆​
    ☆​
    ☆​
    ☆​
    ☆​
    +HP
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    +ATK
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    +RCV
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​
    99​

1 - R/G Ninjas - Wukong
    2 - D.Izanami - Valk
    3 - Amon - stalled out orb time debuff from Izanami, Wukong
    4 - G/G Demons - Apollo
    5 - Phoenix - stalled for actives, Valk
    6 - B/G/D Tamas - Raph to remove binds, Apollo
    7 - Zhao Yun - stalled for actives, Valk
    8 - Ceres - Apollo
    9 - D/D/L Shieldras - Saria, stall on L.Shieldra
    10 - Haku - Valk
    11 - R.Sonia - whittled below 50%, sky fall killed
    12 - Fatty - Wukong + Valk
    13 - Sphinx - stalled, Valk
    14 - Leviathan - Wukong
    15 - Venus - stall for actives, Apollo hit below 30%, Valk
    16 - Grizal - waited out 3 turns of poison, Raph to clear poisons and void rage hit, Apollo
    17 - L.Zeus - Wukong + Valk
    18 - Sonia Gran - stalled until last possible skip turn, Apollo + Thor to hit below 50%, Valk
    19 - Athena - stall for actives, Wukong above 30%
    20 - L.Kali - Raph to void rage hit, Saria + Valk + Thor, Apollo + Thor, whittled to around 10%, Apollo
    21 - Woodpy

I played this clear very safely and wanted to stall for actives whenever possible. All in all this dungeon wasn't actually too bad if you manage your actives and rage thresholds. This was my 3rd try with this team and each time it got progressively easier as I got more familiar with the dungeon mechanics.

IMG_4495.PNG IMG_4497.PNG IMG_4498.PNG

jade, win8x, vicentetx and 4 others like this.
  5. Grizztof

Grizztof Shirley, you can't be serious.

I took all the shots but I only uploaded this one.

[​IMG]

Kagu
    Grisar
    Stratios
    Gran
    DQ
    Dkali

Gran -> DQ is too easy.

2nd try with this exact team, but I've failed More than a few times with other dual Alrescha builds. I had 240 excess stamina before a rank up, so I figured I'd try Arena with a new team. Kagu Skyfalls killed me first run. Second run was too easy. I probably won't run this team again. Now that I did it without Charité, I want to do it without poison or gravity, just I&I and rows and oe and stuff.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    jesrockz and Flaycrow like this.
  6. Grizztof

The thrill is gone. Finally hypered Andro and my marionette (minus one skill level). Feels like it should be pretty consistent. If I expect to win, where is the fun?

[​IMG]

Maybe I'm just feeling overconfident and my ego will get crushed by this clear being lucky.
    Kagu/Grisar/Dios/Defoud/Athena

Alrescha/I&I/Charité/Andro/Gabe/Alrescha
    5 blue resist/5 dark resist/5 red resist//5 RCV/5 Autoheal/5 red resist

edit: Team is now 3/6 with two deaths from me derping hardcore pre-Grisar and another from getting to Zhou Yu with Charité bound.

The 2 new wins were

Win - Meimei/Grisar/Stratios/Defoud/Ur/Dkali win. (Beelze would have killed me. I killed Defoud 1 turn too soon to have an Alrescha up)
    Win - Parv/Grisar/Dios/Zaerog/Athena/Dkali

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  7. ZeroX21xx

ZeroX21xx Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First arena clear. Came close a few times with Yomi Dragon but couldn't seal the deal. Got to Dkali before Loki was up and stalling on Athena became harder as she continually turned heart to light. Loki and Akechi need skill ups bad.

Grizztof, oGambit, vicentetx and 2 others like this.
  8. Grizztof

Soooo....Alrescha/I&I/Charité/Andro/Gabe/Alrescha is tracking at about 50%. Deaths are usually before Grisar due to extreme RNG (last one was three Blodin Tamas), or me messing up easy stuff.

After Blonia/Ilsix/Blodin/I&I/Sumire/Blonia was so fun running through TEC and cleared EEC on its first try, I figured I'd try Arena. I need about 480 plus eggs. Blodin is frozen at a 12 turn cooldown and Ilsix is at (lol) 14 turns, but I already had enough dark latents to tank DQ so whatever. I had put Sumire as far left as she goes, which screwed me on Zaerog...sort of. I had 3-4 chances to Blodin punch Zaerog to death but didn't think to do so on the turn he restored his light shield and left me at full health, so I got killed by DQ. Zaerog/DQ seems like the easiest last couple of floors and I blew it. Hopefully we get 10x and 2.5x skill ups again soon. I'd like to try this team at full power.

Flaycrow likes this.
  9. Grizztof

After some really dumb mistakes and too much Blonia board troll (and alcohol) last night, 2/2 today.

Meimei/Grisar/Vulcan/Zaerog/DQ
    Parvati/Grisar/Vulcan/Gran/Ur

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still want to finish Ilsix and let him replace a Sumire. A problem with Blonia and stalling is not having three hearts vs 20k per turn. If you match well, this is pretty much never an issue. If the enemy can break your hearts, locking in extras will get you past the next 2-3 heartbreaks which can mean 3-10 turns instead of needing to pop a Sumire every time hearts get broken.

I killed her by Blonia'ing blind boards both times. My sorting was terrible for either, but that's why I restall for I&I.

10. eck

eck Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Hmm, took Pandora on a whirlwind journey, was trying to find the best subs for her and oddly enough..I think it's z8.
    Cleared twice but I completely forgot Green Persephone is Healer the first time. Haku is there because I want haste. :)
    Lots of failed runs because I wasn't sure how much hit what, died to the randomest of things.
    It does feel like the hardest part is the start, I died once to DKali though because I couldn't hit her below 65 and skyfalls weren't being nice.
    One shot, invalid no items screen Kappa

[​IMG]

Then the second one with z8 (For once Eschamali sucks)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edit:

DKali, used Anubis instead :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    oGambit, Flaycrow and Grizztof like this.
  11. dragoonj

dragoonj Active Member

First Arena clear!

I&I / Amberjack / Gabriel / Andromeda / Charite / Ryune - 50148 HP, 9950 RCV (Hypermax team)

upload_2016-2-29_13-24-18.png
    upload_2016-2-29_13-24-59.png
    upload_2016-2-29_13-25-18.png

12. Skyburst

Skyburst Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For those of you with a reliable YomiD and Luci team, which have you been running? I normally run

YomiD / Escha / Haku / Akechi / Stratios
    Luci / Escha / YomiD / Haku / Akechi

Luci seems to make the first 11 floors a lot easier in case of bad spawns (e.g. God Killer vs Tamadra, 2+ shadow shield spawn, etc), gives a free 5 turn stall on EKMD, makes Parvati less stressful, and the OHKO on Kali is a huge bonus. It seems more consistent, but slower. I guess I could sub in Luci to YomiD, but I'm not sure who to drop since that Hakechi combo is so sexy.

13. eck

eck Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I find Luci severely overrated but that's just me.

oGambit likes this.
  14. oGambit

oGambit Well-Known Member

I agree.

eck likes this.
  15. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You suck up. :) . I like Luci. He is a great tanky dark lead.

Too bad all tanky leads are overrated.

oGambit likes this.
  16. oGambit

Lol. My problem with luci is that it is incosistent. You can do good damage against all monsters but there are other teams that do it better. He is very underwhelming if you have good teams already made. I mean I did hyper my luci. (And his entire team) but I just don't think I will use it that often because I like yomidra and nepdra more. The only true use my current a luci has is in predra infestation because it has skill delay latents to kill the latent at the end

eck likes this.
  17. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He has specific dungeons he feels better for than those two you mentioned. Scarlet solo, Super Ultimate God Rush solo, and the latest JP C10 are where I've gone with Lucifer over Yomi Dragon. Otherwise if you have MP Dragon teams already, they're generally better than the REM led teams. Not everyone whales or hordes stones to farm MP well enough to have multiple MP dragons though. Lucifer is good for the 99%, the 1% has better options for most dungeons.

oGambit likes this.
  18. oGambit

But that's just it he's only good. A.panda does the exact same and some may say better.

19. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes? I'm not sure what the problem with that is? If you have Lucifer only, build a Lucifer team. If you have Pandora only, build a Pandora team. If you have both but have better God subs, build Lucifer. If you have both of them and Yomi Dragon and all of the relevant dark God and devil subs, then use Lucifer for the things he's good at, Pandora for fast farming the stuff she's good at, and Yomi dragon for the rest. Choice is good, they all have stuff their best at. For me, I use Yomi Dragon the most, Lucifer a distant second, and Pandora a little less. For 90%+ of the dungeons out there, I could use any of them, it just comes down to preference and clear speed for which I use.

oGambit likes this.
  20. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Based on the discussion going on in the thread about the hate for A.Pandora they are actually fairly different in playstyle when it comes to longer content like arena. Apparently A.Pandora is more about popping skills and sweeping floors while only stalling when completely safe or necessary whereas Luci is more of a traditional tank who will stall on lots of floors and use AS more conservatively. Can't speak to the former being accurate but I definitely agree with the latter.

Not going to comment too much on this since I'm going uuevo for my Dora but the consensus of players that use both seems to be that they are in fact fairly different in practice even if extremely similar on paper.

oGambit likes this.