Question About Beating Legendary Snowy Valley

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by wilk, Mar 20, 2017.

1. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've tried this dungeon 2 or 3 times with a rather poorly crafted team (I've gotten plenty of good advice since coming to these forums!). I managed to get to Starling at least twice, but failed to beat the dragon. I'm aware that beating Starling requires damage control. However, as I look ahead, Ilsix appears to be intimidating.
    Reading a previous thread, it appears that I could bring Ilsix close to 30% health and then use a gravity on him to bring him past the threshold (removing the resolve) and hopefully finish him off.
    The two teams I am currently running the most are Tsubaki and Sarasvati (these are the only teams where all members are fully awoken and max leveled), neither of which have a gravity. Ultimately, I am asking if I could use either of these teams to tackle Legendary Snowy Valley. If so, should I be looking to add a gravity and replace 1 team member or perhaps build up a gravity to use as an assist (A level 46 divine queen hera, a level 5 Zeus & Hera that is not evoed, and a level 1 A. Hera-Is are gravity monsters in my box that come to mind. I may have others that I am not even thinking about)?
    If using current teams is not a good idea, does my box contain the pieces of a team that could handle the dungeon? My PADHerder is mostly up to date (Rozuel is now max level). Any tips and advice would be most welcome!

EDIT: I forgot to ask/mention - If I were to go the assist route, which team member would the assist work best with?

2. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So you have several options that I can see, at least. Tsubaki and Sarasvati are not bulky, tanky leads so you'll be hard pressed to clear with them. You can try to clear with Ronove instead. You can coop and have one side bring Zeus & Hera for Ilsix (stall on Starling if needed). Or, you can wait for Reincarnated Chinese and smash the dungeon with Revo Haku (Castor, Lumiel, RevoAnubis, Yomi). Or you can make a team of Zeus-Dioses and farm enough MP for DAthena, who will wreck the dungeon (team of RevoHaku, D/B Castor, Dmeta, and Lumiel). Or you can pull more cards for your fledgling Balboa x Artemis team (Liubei x2 and Phact are your only viable subs there).

You can't inherit the gravities you listed on your cards because they're not REM pulls. Some gravities you can inherit are Sakuya, Hathor, Hades, and Chibi Hera (which you can get from the chibi rem right now, though I wouldn't recommend that you pull. It is a trap.)

Best of luck.

wilk likes this.
  3. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    One way to do it is to blast him under the resolve area (but not all the way down to 1 hp) and then use a board changer afterwards, but it requires enough HP to tank the hit, and can be somewhat troll prone depending on how many jammers he makes.

Also, don't bring any jammer resisting awakens unless you want a chance to eat 44k in one turn (although you'd avoid the jammer lock)

wilk likes this.
  4. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    For me, the trick to Legendary Snowy valley is to bring a lead with an RCV multiplier. Starling can't kill most well-leveled teams in one hit, so you can basically take your time fighting him without worrying about dying as long as you have a regular stream of hearts (through clearing orbs and the occasional active). This also makes Starling a great floor for restoring your actives. As for Ilisix, if you have enough hp to tank his hits, you can can just take a risky shot. If you over-hit, he'll heal back to 50% and then you can just chip away more carefully. I would try something like Balboa/Ronove/ALB/Green Odin/Gabriel (he makes hearts and water orbs without killing wood orbs)/Friend's Awoken Artemis. Artemis will double your hp and Balboa will double your recovery, so you'll be plenty tanky for this dungeon. Make sure to save ALB or Artemis for the final shot against Ilsix. He'll give you jammers, water, and hearts so either of them will give you a lovely water/wood/jammers board.

wilk likes this.
  5. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ronove is a smart option but i have a few other ideas.

A) pair Tsubaki with Revo Minerva.

Blast il six down to dark, and from there you can easily tank the hits until you get him under 30%. dragon killer makes starling difficult though so you may want to ditch your dupe tsubaki here. the biggest issue here is making sure you have a good board changer for his frenzy.

B) bring baldin on any of your fire teams and shield after blasting him down, and use the spike to allow yourself to be more conservative with your matches to tickle him down. say, on tsubaki just a light match and a red match might tickle him under.

C) Hermes x Sunquan would also be sufficiently tanky. just bring a red heart maker to convert with Ilsix once he gets under 30%.

D) You also have three sumires and a skuld. tankiness, plus means you can kill il six off of the frenzy board with no actives.

E) Revo Lakshmi. like Sumire, you can kill off of the Frenzy board easily.

F) Balboa x A Artemis is very tanky too and you have a lot of good subs for it, plus the shield from Balboa.

wilk likes this.
  6. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for providing several different team options. I may consider attempting to work up enough MP for D. Athena. I had asked in a different post about spending MP on either a four noble or an MP dragon, but I don't really have the right pieces to use any of them for now. D. Athena seems to be a possibility with my current box (after some leveling). I'll have around 470000 MP after the last part of the MP event, so I would need to farm MP to be able to obtain D. Athena.

As a side question, are there pros and cons for the two Uevos of castor? or is one Uevo clearly better than the other (I'm assuming the suggestion of D/B castor here is more for the Uevo that works better as a sub with D.Athena)?

I feel like I should have known those gravities could not be inherited (read on another post most likely). Thank you for the clarification and for including some potential options.
    Also, I already was not intending on pulling in the chibi REM. I would rather save my stones for opportunities to pull pantheons missing from my box.

Thank you!

7. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the tips. I was reviewing the dungeon on the main PAD website, but I was not paying attention to details (noting that the jammer resist leads to the large damage).

8. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the tips! Is there a preferred GrOdin (I have both Uevos)? I assume the version is related to his purpose, so bind recovery + TPA vs auto heal (that is how I currently understand the difference between the two).
    Since I have all of the pieces suggested here, and all are max leveled, I may put this team together and try it out in endless corridors to get a feel for it.

9. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for all the options. It's nice to see the various strategies that can be used. Although I lack several of the pieces you mentioned, I hope to obtain several of them during future GF pulls.

10. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    I know there is a very specific GrOdin cheese team for Mech Athena, which typically uses the version of GrOdin with more auto-heals, but as a sub and bind remover you'll always want the unbindable version of GrOdin for his superior stats and unbindability. A card that removes both regular binds and awoken skill binds has a lot of value. I toss him into my teams for all sorts of dungeons, including high level challenge dungeons, to deal with awakening binds. He's easily one of the most useful utility cards in the game.

wilk likes this.
  11. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That makes a lot of sense. Thank you providing extra details as to why you use 1 vs the other (it is helpful to see how they compare)

12. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry Im late to this thread. @swintergreen was referring to having one side bring Zeus&Hera for Ilsix because that is the easiest way to kill it, takes two turns. Works like this:

P1 bursts ilsix down to 1 HP, he revives to 50%
    P2 uses Zera (45% Gravity). At 50% HP this takes off 22.5% of his HP, leaving him at 27.5%, under his resolve.
    P2 kills.

No tanking, no frenzy, easy peazy. Sorry if you already knew that, but figured Id clarify.

wilk likes this.
  13. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're welcome! You use D/B Castor because in A3 where DAthena is known to be one of the fastest and most capable leads, the god killer D/L Castor has becomes a problem. Typically you don't want to bring killers as pure awakenings. Instead, lots of people put killer latents on their cards (like two dragon killers on Haku seems to be standard), which you can also get from A3, but that's far into the future for you (and me... that dungeon is pretty hard!).

I think you would enjoy having a lead like Dathena, even without a full set of inherits and all the bells and whistles. She is very strong.

wilk likes this.
  14. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not late at all. Thanks for the clarification. I've only done coop once so far, so I'm not very experienced with it yet, but I'm learning.

15. wilk

wilk Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the info regarding Castor (and others).

What is the best way for my current box to farm for MP? I read another post suggesting Rogue dungeons and preDRA infestation. Do I have what it takes to take on a rogue dungeon? Other options?

16. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    The most stamina and time efficient route is Rogues. Box-wise, you have all the REM cards you need. The two most straightforward co-op teams are ALB/Dios/Dios/Dios/Enhance and ALB/Dios/Dios/Dios/Poison. The poison is for the predras and can be any poison including ROdin, ROdin tama, Lilith, Neptune, Mion, Jorm etc. The enhance can be an actual enhance like Parvati or A. Yomi, a damage boost like Freyja, or a card that removes awakening binds like GrOdin. The catch is that you need to have 3 UEVO Dios who are skilled up. An ALB team with 3 Dios and ALB and no additional skill boosts will have 16 skill boosts, so you want your fastest Dios to be ready in 16 turns or less. Your next fastest one can be 17 turns because you never use two in one turn, and your third can be 18 turns. In rogue dungeons, all cards start at level 1 so you do not actually need to level Dios. It doesn't hurt to have some attack eggs though. The formula, recommended in discord, that most people follow is:
    1 - P1: LB (Liu Bei), match row to kill
    F2 - P2: Dios, swipe to kill
    F3 - P1: LB, match 8 green with row to kill
    F4 - P2: Dios, swipe to kill
    F5 - P1: Dios, swipe to kill
    F6 - P2: Rodin (this is the poison for the predras), 0c to kill
    F7 - P1: Dios, swipe to kill
    F8 - P2: Dios, swipe to kill
    F9 - P1: Dios, Canopus (this is the enhancer), swipe to kill
    Canopus is just the enhancer (can be GrOdin or A. Yomi). When I'm p1, i usually like using Yomi for the extra time extends. Linthia costs 25 stamina and gives 60k exp, so at low ranks you repeatedly rank without ever waiting for your stamina to recharge. The main obstacle will be your patience. Linthia is a permanent coin dungeon so she's always available. The coin dungeon version occasionally has latent tama invasions that will delay you. When this happens and an active someone needs is delayed, it's possible to stall by healing and chipping away the tama's hp (super low hp, super high defense so it's basically 1 hp per attack). As you can see, the main obstacle will be getting Dios. The other dungeon that's fairly easy to farm is Scarlet. The others require slightly more complicated teams.

Edit: Here is a video so you could see what it looks like:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017