RAGE - A New Low

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Crono, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    If these "non-creative cheese teams" have been around for so long, no one has any reason to be whining, because they have had forever to prepare.

Co-op allows you to partner with someone who has the cards needed for the dungeon that you might not have so no, you don't have to have a very specific set of cards. You can literally make a team of farmable cards, and sit with your thumb up your ass, while someone carries you through the dungeon. Let me guess, Machine Zeus isn't "fair" because you might actually have to try for that one too.

If you DON'T think the radar guerrillas as a whole are fair, you have a false sense of entitlement, which seems to be the case considering you think A3 should also have a 100% drop rate as well. Then again, this is the era where everyone needs their participation trophy so I'm not sure why I would be surprised.

2. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    I've zero stoned Mech Zeus solo so try again.

There is a huge difference between Mech Zeus and Hera Dragon which can be seen in the wide range of leads that can be used to clear Machine Zeus.

I am going to whine about cheese teams because they are hella boring. You can cheese your way through Mech Zeus but there are plenty of traditional leads that can clear him too. I don't think that is an option in this dungeon.

It was really dumb of OP to waltz into this dungeon unprepared but just because this dungeon can be cleared with some preparation doesn't make this a good dungeon.

Fine, this dungeon doesn't require a very specific 6* gfe setup. And I guess it's not that hard with some creativity and preparation. Well it's still dumb and boring and, to me, there is plenty wrong with that.

To be clear, I haven't even attempted this dungeon because I don't care enough about Hera dragon to make some garbage cheese team. But for those who do want/need Hera dragon, they are basically forced to make a cheese team and I personally think that is a problem.

3. Hoohah2

Hoohah2 Member

Correction, a minute long search on Youtube, heaven forbid we do any research, shows a very wide and varied range of leads who are more than capable of clearing the Hera Dragon guerilla dungeon. Both non-IAP and whales catered for.

Myr - RevoLakshmi - Machine Zeus - RevoNeptune - RevoHades - Machine Hera - NY Amaterasu/Ogre - ALB ... to name but a few.

Please do not confuse the notion of boring and garbage/cheese with preparation.
    The philosophy of 5 P's come to mind. Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

There exists this mentality of instant gratification, and I feel this to be problematic. This is end-game content here. It is not meant to be spoon-fed to you.

4. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    We interrupt your regularly scheduled program for an important announcement.

PAD Z Collab is here all day today.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

ko300zx, nickjr, bp1976 and 1 other person like this.
  5. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, over half of those teams are cheese teams. I watched a couple non resist based teams with Liu Bei, Mech Zeus, and they involved multiplayer teams stacking a ton of skill boosts with multiple gravities and damage nulls. Or the Fujin skill up may which we don't have yet.

I don't think any of that disproves that you are forced to chesse your way through a dungeon or a own set of specific cards whether they are a bunch of Yamatos, gravities, or genies.

I don't think Mech Zeus or Hera are nearly as strict of a dungeon but they still manage to be a challenge for many players without being overly restrictive.

If you guys think that Hera dragon is valuable enough to warrant the difficulty of her dungeon, then fine, but I just don't think it's a well designed dungeon when compared to other annihilation level dungeons or even other radar dungeons for that matter.

6. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mech Zeus and Mech Hera are also a lot older than this first time dungeon. As dungeons get older they get easier, you know better than that.

nickjr likes this.
  7. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Wait hold up, you watched a few videos and noticed a difficult dungeon required a few strong actives??!?! This is an outrage!!! I'm definitely contacting Gungho and letting them know how absurd it is for them to make it so that a dungeon might need one of the actives they put in this game.

:rolleyes: I'm starting to think you're just trolling and don't even play this game.

8. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    I guess I'm just wrong and this dungeon is absolutely fair and fun and anyone who doesn't feel that was is dumb or lazy. Nothing worth criticizing about it and even if there were my criticisms are completely off base.

I'm glad you were all kind enough to show me the light. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

9. Crono

Crono Crono@PF

User ID:
    OP here - ended up playing during whatever was the last group's time and beat Ceres after 2 stones, bringing some gravities to bypass Ceres resolve to get into the small HP range that she doesn't fuck you. Heradrag was surprisingly easy and took no stones, but Ceres is fuckin' BS.

I've been thoroughly enjoying my evolved Yomidra - must have ran A1 at least 30 times so far, all solo. Clear rate is near 100%, completely brainless and super quick. It's a good quick way to use stamina, which I often waste nowadays.

Murdurus and cjo like this.