resetting PAD

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by chuckthebear, Dec 14, 2012.

1. chuckthebear

chuckthebear SuperBear

Ive been playing the JP version for a few weeks now after I saw most the kids on the train playing this game. With the android release in the US I tried to download both version. So I have noticed that its possible to have both versions on a single device.

I was curious if anyone knew anything about resetting PAD from within the device without deleting and reinstalling.

This is mostly because i want an amazing drop from the first rare monster gacha machine use.

Any information would be appreciated.

As a side note, since I wasn't interested in the mails for the first few weeks, when I realized that they gave things i suddenly had like 20 of the rainbow stones and 30 uses of the regular gacha machine ( i probably wasted a lot since i think 30 is the maximum).

2. Eikishi

Eikishi New Member

use iTools or a similar program to access the document files inside the Puzzle and Dragon game. There will be many bin files. Look for data048.bin and data056.bin. These basically are the save of your game and if you delete them the game will reset and you will start from tutorial again. Alternatively you can also back up those two bin files to PC to play multiple accounts on the same device by continually backing up and overwriting.

3. chuckthebear

chuckthebear SuperBear

Thanks so much i appreciate it!
    ended up getting a succubus and then a lvl 30 siren with the first 2 rare gachas.
    so i kept playing. still havent gotten a god when i tried resetting 5-6 times.

im still sup rank 10, im curiuos if anything thinks it'd be a smart idea to keep resetting till i get a god or keep those two that i managed to get

4. Kazuma

Kazuma New Member

Succubus and Siren are farmable. Keep resetting until you get a super rare monster that isn't farmable. People usually suggest to rest until you get one of the best God monsters (some God monsters aren't particularly useful).

Ideally you'll want to keep resetting until you get one of the following:
    • Green Odin
    • Shiva
    • Orochi
    • Amaterasu
    • Loki

5. chuckthebear

chuckthebear SuperBear

do you think if we get to the point where we get 5 in the begging and just save the file and keep resetting that, would work for different monsters?

To clarify i mean, get to the point where you have 5 of the stones for the rare gacha, and then going into the file copying the important parts there, and just continually rewriting until you get a good monster

6. Eikishi

Eikishi New Member

nope that does not work since the gems do not seem to be saved on those files (or any of the game files for that matter, I've tried). For example I had 10 gems. I expanded boxes twice and rolled a rare gacha once. I then backed up all current files and then overwrote it with the previous back up. But it was the exact same (with less gems, expanded boxes, and one rare gacha roll monster)

7. Aziku

Aziku Member

Cheaters >.>

8. Kazuma

Kazuma New Member

No problem. If they get cool monsters you can add them as friends, so you can benefit from it too ;)

9. Xexist

Xexist New Member

Attempted cheaters :p For the reasons stated above, you cant cheat in this game.

10. Tetra

Tetra New Member

i'm pretty sure most of everything is server side, turn off data and a bunch of the functions will not work

11. chuckthebear

chuckthebear SuperBear

That's good to know before I try something like that. But I'm having a problem even accessing the file to do a reset. I installed iTools onto my phone but i saw no file management ability aside from instal and uninstal, and looking for other tools I was also failing at finding anything to be able to look in and play with the contents (data files).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a place i can go to figure out how to get in and get stuff done?

12. Typos

Typos New Member

Are you able to SSH your iphone? If so use that instead. Here's a tutorial: http://www.simonblog.com/2009/05/17/how-to-use-ssh-to-transfer-file-on-iphone/

13. Eikishi

Eikishi New Member

sorry if I wasn't clear but I meant you install iTools on your computer and use it to access PaD while your phone is connected.