Ronove: The Arena 1 Answers. (Merlins Plan.)

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by Merlin, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Merlin

Merlin You want to play the game? Go ahead, pick a card.

User ID:
    Hey, everyone! I promised I would be posting soon about the challenges I hit in Bipolar Goddess 1 and how to overcome them with a Ronove team in Solo mode. Sooooo here goes!

First off I have personally found that the best team to run is the following. Assume everyone is hypermaxed.

Ronove/inherit skill one Ronove.
    Kaede/ Skill bind resist 2-3 (Three is Ideal)
    Ragnarok Dragon/ Skill bind resist 2-3
    Flex, Which is crucially a way to deal with the Tamadra floor. (I am running Balboa)
    Rozuel/ Inherit Baldin.

Keep in mind this is what I am running after much work to improve it. My first clear happened with no inherits and only the two skill bind resists. The inherits are much more to add to your chances of success.

GENERAL TIPS AND TRICKS:

-As a player, you must feel you have the skill to activate the shield and three colors at least 80% of the time. Activating Ronoves shield is critical to surviving most of the floors and anything less than this ratio is just going to leave you frustrated.

-Not having a Ragnarok Dragon does not spell doom. Linthia seems like she leaves a lot to be desired but actually promised a much better board than RagDrag. If you're skeptical about her abilities I encourage you to test her out, she consistently surprises me.

-Not having a Rozuel does not spell doom. I've seen a lot of success running an Ame no Uzume. (Not on my account)

-Not having a Kaede is the most difficult thing to replace, as her active and TPAs are sooo powerful. Still, not doom but expect a much harder fight.

-The flex spot is really quite flexible. I'm running balboa because he does a great job of dealing with the Tamadras, and then providing a shield to handle the first Kali nuke on floor 20. He also comes with a god killer, and after he gets the JP boost he will be unbindable.

Other teams strategies include running another Kaede to burst damage over the top of their defense, and highly skilled players suggest running a D-Kali to give you a little extra safety net for board trolls. If you're going to run a true damage option it appears that it almost needs to be Awoken Ra or Reincarnated Ra. (I actually used Passionate Sun Deity Ra.) and while I've seen people succeed with Odin, I don't personally recommend it.

-The Sheild knights are adorable, they are also a great stall floor if you started out rough. If you ended up popping a few too many actives in the early rounds, hang out on floor 9. Have some coffee, regroup. It is better to pause here, bring back your skills and collect yourself before trying to push through.

-Binds become pretty much irrelevant after the Apollo floor (floor 8). If you don't have an inherit on your Rozuel don't feel shy about popping her to help you out. Just about anything past there can be beaten either by killing them first or by stalling the bind out.

-Be sure you have 5 Skill bind resist awakens between your monsters. There is too much chance in this dungeon already.

- Combo shields and damage controls are your enemy, and sometimes just require luck. If you hit 5-6 combo shields throughout the course of your run, that's just unlucky, don't feel you can't beat the dungeon just because Gungho is actually named Gungtroll.

-An important note that I didn't expect coming in the first time is that all the other high defense floors. (Outside tamadras) are a complete joke to a Ronove team. They don't come with pre-emptives or they have plenty of turns to set up a board so bursting over their limits is a matter of making four colors and a green or red TPA.

-Practice setting up boards, not every turn needs to be a kill move. Know when you can waste a turn setting up and you'll save a lot more of your actives.

-Finally, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR ACTIVES. This seems so simple when we watch the top 1% do it and it's easy to forget that those guys are rank 700+. They tried and failed a lot of times to get good at skill control and if you want to crack Arena you need to know the exact turns you're not gonna have a Ronove ready. Understand that you probably need at least your Kaede, RagDrag, and shield option ready when you hit Kali on floor 20. A Ronove on top of that is preferred, but remember the others come with haste so you can boost them up if need be.

FLOOR STRATEGIES:

Floors 1-5 are all relatively straight forward. A solid activation of your leader skill should serve you just fine. Save your Rozuel.

Floor 6: The Tamadras, if you're not going in blind you have a way to deal with this. Act accordingly.

Floor 7: Most annoying drop is Peach Garden General, Guan Yiping/Mighty dragon General Zhao Yun. A small combo shield should be easily defeated but can cause annoyance when orb trolled.

Floor 8: Minerva and Appolo make up the troublesome duo. Be prepared for the Appolo Leader bind. It can be stalled out or healed, but it brings the first real danger in the dungeon.

Floor 9: Stall Stall Stall

Floor 10: This floor requires a one hit kill. That being said most of the monsters are pretty squishy so a three color activation will most likely do it.

Floor 11: Same deal, powerful monsters with squishy health pools. Ronia presents the only real trouble with her Combo shield.

Floor 12: Pre-emtive steals your multiplier, but three turns of safety allow easy set up of a killing board. TPA green or red and your Kaede/Rozuel (Or other prong monsters) will see you through here.

Floor 13: In my opinion awoken Thoth and Awoken Sopdet are the worst drops here, Sphinx is annoying with the combo shields, but Sopdets Damage control mechanic is just downright mean. Skyfall ruins me every time here. Thoth comes with a big skill delay. Be ready for it.

Floor 14: Nothing super dangerous here, but I like seeing the Water Twin star leviathan because I know I can set up my board a few turns and not waste an Active.

Floor 15: This is by far the most deadly floor after Kali. Pray you get a Mei Mei, as Parvarti comes with damage control elements, Hinokagutsuchi comes with a damage control element AND a threat of total Active Reset. Venus is the second preferred drop, her time steal is annoying but if you've brought an awoken Ra it can be easily reset.

Foor 16: This floor is the happiness that comes after the sadness of floor 15. If you didn't have your skills robbed by Hino, Ronove will quickly deal with the poison leaving you a very easy floor.

Floor 17: Zeus Vulcan and Zeus Stratos come with combo shields. If you bump into Zeus Mercury be sure to kill him before he can add water Skyfall to your board. It's not critical but the extra blue gets extra annoying extra fast.

Floor 18: Lefive is the danger here. It's best to knock him out in one turn but at 8.7 Million health he isn't exactly squishy, and green teams suffer from the bad color matchup. If he gets to his second skill set you've got pretty long odds, If he gets to his third skill set its game over.

Floor 19: You'll hear a lot of big time players say they don't want to see Divine Queen Hera here. Unless you magically passed floor 18 without a heart cross she is harmless to you. She comes with a large pre-emtive that your shield turns into a small twinge. Beelzebub is much worse here, not particularly dangerous himself but his skill results in you needing to use your Ragnarok dragon, or another board changer. Which leaves you at the mercy of Orb troll in the feared Kali battle.

Floor 20: Kali Arrives. Dealing with her is no joke, expect to fail your first three or four times. She comes with a ludicrous 30 million health pool, a 50% shield, protection from delay, and a first turn nuke. Assuming you've got solid health this means that you must pull your shield AND activate a heart cross to survive. Unless you've gotten super lucky with the drops and done the damage of a lifetime you will have to hit her hard twice to push her past the 65% health margin into the safe zone. Look for a 144X with at least a green TPA to help put you in the clear.

Remember your God killers here. Dark Kali is the best drop because RagDrag comes with an automatic x9 on her. Balboa comes with a god killer too, giving you three big time damage dealers if you're lucky enough to own a Kaede on top of that.

If you want a clean consistent kill on Kali you need to bring a damage boost. Most people Prefer to run Baldin inherited onto their Rozuel because he provides both boost and Shield for two turns. Thanks to @Faust for that bit of info. My first clear came only using a Balboa but I will attest that it is a much riskier way of doing things. A combination of balboa and really any good boost will see you through here if you don't have Baldin.

Floor 21: Breath. Do a happy dance. Have some nice calming tea. There is nothing dangerous about this floor, but I have seen people freak out after managing to take down Kali and trip at the finish line. This isn't a race. If you are low health after the Kali fight, take your first turn to heal and then reap your rewards.

Hopefully, this Guide helps a few of the players out there just wading into Arena 1. Essentially this is a collection of all the things I wish I had found in a Guide when I went into the battle, so if you see new things or find different danger zones don't be afraid to comment, contact, and be a part of the conversation.

Good luck to everyone and in the words of Mantastic, Happy Puzzling.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    I'll give you props for the effort.

Merlin likes this.
  3. Merlin

Merlin You want to play the game? Go ahead, pick a card.

User ID:
  4. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd still recommend two specific assist skills--a delay and a fairy tale girl.
    The fairy tale girl goes on an unbindable sub and fixes things like tamadras, Apollo, Venus and heart troll later in the dungeon.
    Delay is just a super useful utility but especially greatly increases your success rate against Hino and Parvati.

5. Sixant789

Sixant789 Member

User ID:
    Sam
    PADherder:
    link
    When you get to floor 20 with 20% sbr on your first try

6. Golden119

Golden119 Monsieur Gung-ho, you are spoiling us.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey there, I'll just add that if you are at good health (you probably are) when you encounter Beelzebub, a pretty good option is to use Ronove to make a pure green board, and see what you get on the next turn. Somewhat depends on your team composition and your current available actives. If you have Ragdra (haste), then the Ronove you use here will be back for Kali.