Seven Knights

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by icebarrier, Jul 1, 2016.

1. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    *Good chance that this will eventually drown out to the popular threads in this section like the <gbf thread>, <ss thread>, <shiro thread>, <monster strike thread>, and the <dragon poker thread>.

but I wanted to do a write up on the game anyway.*

----------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is Seven Knights?
    Seven Knights is a fantasy based rpg. Just like Puzzle and Dragons, or Soccer Spirits, there are a variety of characters to collect and customize your own teams with in order to tackle PVE and PVP.

Unlike Puzzle and Dragons, the game has an achievement and daily quest system rewarding various items.

The game has a fairly heavy focus towards pve, with 2 global ladder game modes "Castle Rush" and "Celestial Tower" (as in like weekly rankings for all players in that server depending on how far they got) to go along with the game's story mode feature.

There are guilds to join and rankings towards those pve game modes ^ do affect the guild. There is a "Guild War" feature, where you compete against other players of a different guild.

The game does have a pvp option called the "Arena", but it's not real-time, and it's more like fighting the ai controlled teams of another player. The game for pvp is pretty much in auto mode, kinda like Soccer Spirits.

Bit of a disclaimer is that the characters don't seem to have "portrait art" aside from story characters. But the models seem pretty alright. It's kinda like....if you had only the sprite (vs. Shironeko which has a 2d portrait art in addition with their ingame sprite for each character)

ex. this is Shane, and what character pages look like (the game is available in english too)
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------

What is the Currency System + Stamina Bar(s)? / Is the game high or low maintenance
    For the most part the game is fairly high maintenance, if you played Soccer Spirits you'll be accustomed to 3+ "stamina bars" ticking at the same time. Mainly because both games have pve and pvp features.

The game, you can pretty much just pick up where you left and carry on. But if you are in a competitive guild you'll have to check in just about daily and get your "dailies" done along with guild stuff.

1) The game does have stamina, it's in the form of keys Special dungeons take 5 keys (can only be run once a day each), while story mode dungeons take 1 key (iirc it's a 5minute recharge).

The natural key recharge caps at 5 keys. HOWEVER you can gain keys from leveling up (+7 keys), and quests/achievements. Feel free to take in excess keys, most players do this since the rewarded keys are automatically added onto your key tally + mail expires in 3 days usually.

2) Gold - gold is the ingame currency you gain from quests, it's used for fusing/power ups (discussed later). Also obtainable from pretty much anywhere, achievements and daily logins also reward gold.

3) Gems/Crystals - the red ruby looking like thing, it's the cash currency for the game (you can convert gems to gold, keys/stamina etc.) You can gain them from leveling characters to 30 (1st time a character of a specific name and star hits 30, you get 5 gems, later times are 2 gems). Also obtainable from achievements and daily logins.

It's 250 gems for a 10+1 roll, with the last roll being 4* guaranteed (highest potential roll is 6*)

4) Topaz - this currency is used for various things such as character skins, obtained from pvp rankings and iap purchases.

5) Honor - basically the "gold" for when you pvp, wins net more honor points than losses do, and you can spend them on nerfed roll rates or stamina/keys (<- best value).

Is the game non iap friendly?

First of all the rem rates are kinda ass. When you do a 10-1 expect to get 3-4 4*s with the rest 3*s.

But

What I found interesting about Seven Knights is that you can obtain 6* players in 3 different ways.

1) "Selector Tickets" - basically think "Granblue Fantasy"'s surprise tickets. But without the 26 dollars tagged onto it. Selector Tickets, let you pick a 6* version of any character (minus the 7 knights and 4 lords).

^ you get one of these after completing the tutorial quest chain, along with other events (ex. as of this post, July 1st, Seven Knights gave every player a 6* Selector Ticket for their event)

I haven't played long enough, I've only played 4 days or so, but I've already gotten like 3 of these...

2) "Rank Up" -evolve a lower star version of a character to a higher star - max level and max power up (+5), surefire way to ensure that your rolls aren't total trash. A 4* character can be fed 1-3* characters that you got/rolled to be powered up so they can be evolved to a 5*, then 6*.
    [​IMG]

3) "Fusion" - basically you combine 2 same star/rank characters that are max leveled(30) and +5 to get a random character of the next rank (ex. combine 2 5 stars at +5each = a random 6star character).
    [​IMG]

The daily logins are fairly generous, end of the month is a 6* selector ticket iirc. End of the first week of the first month of play is a random 7 knight player at 4* (just evolve it).

tl;dr YES THE GAME IS NONIAP FRIENDLY

You can farm out gold, rubies from just normal play, the fodder characters you use for power up can be monster rolls/monster drops. Specific 6* can be evolved from specific 4*/5* rolls. Or you can fuse lower star monsters for a random higher star monster.

Even get a 7 knight on your first week of play.

Even though the game is fairly nice to noniap, you should still expect whales to be whales.

Is the game fun?
    idk, go find out.

2. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
  3. TheSeiferOne

TheSeiferOne Demon Destroying Star Angel Event Manager

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    Lmao Sein = Shane get outta here

4. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

You kicked Cobra┬┤s shiny ass, am I right?

5. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    i dont even think thats cobra cobra

or is it o 3o

nah i lost lol i dont have a pvp team i just do arena for points

6. TheSeiferOne

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    imagine not having a lvl 36 Wukong to basically free 1800 on arena with him alone fking scrubs

[​IMG]

7. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    stuck on 8-13

=A=

dont own br but this is sadtimes
    [​IMG]

8. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Installed it, choose Rachel and then sold her.

Uninstalled the game.

Im such a bad boi :D

9. darnok

darnok Active Member

User ID:
    My account in global server is pretty good. I have like wukong 40, rudy 40, shane 40, etc. I did a thread half a year ago lol

10. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    friend meeh i need carries (alexzi)

i like how theres not really an exclusive character in this game

event selector had giparang as a choice so i was all up for it (woulda chosen nezha or black rose)

dunno why this guy doesnt have a 4*
    [​IMG]

11. TheSeiferOne

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    I never got behind Gip but hes a gud pve

12. darnok

darnok Active Member

User ID:
    Gip is top tier in PvP atm.

upload_2016-7-10_10-59-26.png
    upload_2016-7-10_11-0-16.png

Still waiting for that wukong rework =/. Atm he is pretty shitty

13. TheSeiferOne

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    damn that must be some shitty patch ur on if gip is in pvp at all lol

ya wukong rework makes him op in everything i love it

14. buzzyrecky

buzzyrecky Okuni's #1 bae Card Creation Winner

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    oh he cute

15. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Welp, hows the blazblue collab?

Got Ragna and he does seem op, but god knows.

16. TheSeiferOne

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    what in gods name are you talking about

17. terumokou

terumokou Pitiable Illegally Dumped Object

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Okay granted I'm using the account to collect loot but who and what do I choose for the 6* Support and Jewel tickets?

18. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    Lina for support iirc

19. darnok

darnok Active Member

User ID:
    Wukong rework :D. Gonna make a good team for him now ^^. Rudy+ace+tsubaki+nezha/spike+wukong probably, not sure.

20. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    My guys still super squish
    [​IMG]