Several Questions

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Songlian, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Because you're having water orb issues on your main team and you have an underwhelming active on an otherwise very strong sub, this team and Vishnu in particular are perfect candidates for a skill transfer. You'll need two tans for each attribute of the inherited card. So for example, if Karin is w/w then you need 4 water tans and if Karin is w/d you need 2 water tans and 2 dark tans. Until the inheritance system is updated, the inherited card (e.g. karin) needs to be level 100 and fully awoken (cards that don't have awakenings yet can't be inherited without being evolved). The inherited card also has to be 5 stars and from some kind of rare egg machine. It doesn't need to be fully evolved, so a card with an 8 star UUEVO can also be inherited after it's evolved once into a six star. Besides arena and the challenge dungeons, they can also drop in alt technicals, e.g. alt castle of satan in the abyss. When a py can drop, it'll be listed as a rare drop in padx. For example, you can get a wood py here: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=844. Keep in mind that pys show up very rarely and usually don't drop when they show up. I beat all the alt technicals once and got one (or maybe it was 2?) py.

If you look at the damage on your cards when you attack, any card with two attributes has two separate values, one corresponding to the main attribute and one corresponding to the sub attribute. Freyja just buffs all wood and dark attacks regardless of whether they are main or subattributes. So Freyja's wood and dark attacks are both doubled, dark attacks from Karin's sub-attribute (if she were on your team as water/dark) are doubled but not her water attacks, and balboa's wood attacks are doubled but not water attacks for his subattribute. So with an all wood team, your entire team's wood attacks (which is the bulk of your damage) would be doubled for two turns.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for clearing that up about Freyja's skill and everything else! Yeah, I got a water py from doing all the alt tech dungeons, but that's it.

This is the tip thing I am talking about: http://i.imgur.com/Gomnm3r.jpg

3. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would switch to leading with Revo Minerva with your current red team. You can clear a lot of content including Arena solo with that team, but you are severely hampered by the lack of a good board changer for her (need Leilan or Ilm, basically.) Try to at least get a friend leader with a board change inherit.

Your next best option is probably APandora, since you have two Zuohs and some other decent potential cards in there.

In the long run your best lead is probably Gremory, and Pandora would be a top sub. You'll want to buy a Plum to sub for her as well. Myr would also be a good lead and ADQXQ is a great sub, but without Apocalypse you pretty much need to buy an LGadius in the summer.

Sumire is an excellent option and the dupe is good but you are missing some of the stronger subs like Andromeda or Gabriel or Skuld.

Really what you need to do is roll more. Have you cleared everything in challenge mode yet? Your monster box has a lot of great subs but is awfully low on leaders. Also I don't see as many GFEs as I would expect for the number of REM cards. Are you pulling outside of godfest?

4. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out! So the red team I have on padherder is really good enough to clear stuff? I've been using the green team swintergreen suggested with great success, but of course I still run into stuff I just can't clear. I was planning on trying to build up the Pandora team Morbetto suggested at some point.

I have not done a single challenge mode. I've basically just been stumbling along looking up random stuff until I made this thread. I never, ever roll outside of Godfests. That's probably the first thing I ever looked up about this game. I expanded my box a ton and my friend list a little, but otherwise most of my stones went toward REM pulls during Godfests. Some cards that seemed pretty lackluster I sold (I keep getting Sherias repeatedly and what the hell am I supposed to two with two more Balboas), but I typically have kept everything.

5. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    You could potentially pair that team with a second Minerva for for 75% damage reduction against fire/dark/light and a 6x attack multiplier, which would effectively give you a bi-color team much like Balboa except with a shield contingent on the enemy's attribute instead of an hp and recovery multiplier (assuming you've been pairing Balboa with Artemis).

Alternatively you can pair with Ilm for a 50% reduction, a 2.5X RCV mutliplier for 4 combos, and a 60x attack multiplier when you make 4 combos including light/light/fire or fire/fire/light. The requirements for Minerva's leader skill are basically a subset of Ilm's so any time you trigger Ilm's leader skill you also trigger Minerva's, but fire/light would work for Minerva but not Ilm. This is actually not a bad thing since it gives you some damage control for enemies with resolve.

All that being said, while I am a fan of the Ilm/Minerva pairing, I'm not as fond of your particular team for the following reasons:
    1) Urd: You need to attack with fire and light, but any time you trigger Urd's active you make a board without light orbs which means you'll hit for very little damage without skyfall luck or a second active.
    2) If you drop Urd, you don't have a heart-maker. So either you don't have a heart-maker and risk heart-trolling or you bring in a heart-maker but can't attack hard after triggering her active, which will basically leave you exposed to losing a ton of hp again.
    3) Rodin is a niche sub. He's great for certain high defense enemies (e.g. predras), resolve enemies (e.g. Volsung), and button farming...but his active is pretty useless the rest of the time. And since you have two useless actives (Rodin's and Urd's), you'll probably want to avoid attacking with rows which makes his awakenings iffy as well.

This team will be fine in some really short dungeons, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it before you pull a few additional key subs, especially a heart-maker that doesn't get rid of light or fire like Gadius or Yamato. For most dungeons you would honestly be better off subbing in Homura and Laila for Urd and Rodin. Actually, if you need a heart-maker strawberry dragon would also be a decent option. The exception is if Rodin has a specific use in that dungeon, and then I would only replace Laila with Urd. For most longer dungeons, I would stick with Balboa.
    *Actually if you really need a heart-maker, you can also put in Strawberry dragon. His stats bad and his active will take a while, but at least you would have a safety net.

The upcoming godfest has a fire gala, so that might be worth a gamble. The catch is that your best possible pulls for Minerva are split across both days. For example, day 2 includes Gadius and Ilm, while day 1 includes Yamato and Tsubaki.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  6. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I didn't think my current red team was up to snuff at the moment which is why I totally switched to the green team that was suggested to me. I was super excited to roll Minerva, but I was just gonna wait until I got better subs for her. If I do need to use her in the mean time I will absolutely keep your sub advice in mind, thank you!

I was looking at the godfest coming up and I am a bit bummed that the days are so split. I guess I'll be rolling on both and hoping for the best. Since swintergreen suggested the need for me to simply build my box up I guess it can't go terribly wrong.

Also, thank you very much for cluing me in on those challenge dungeons, ainvar. I'm grinding them out and racking up stones for tomorrow.

7. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi Songlian, I'm so glad that the Arteloa team is working its wonders for you. With Balboa's new evo coming soon, it'll get even better (though most people seem to prefer the sub split evo for its utility).

It's red gala this godfest, so maybe you can pull some good cards! The heroes are super amazing but I would lean towards doing more rolls on day 2 for you because Sanada is so terrific (especially with his new buff) and Akechi is great for your budding Pandora team. The other Sengoku cards are also very useful (it's hard to go wrong with that pantheon). And as Faust said, Ilm and Gadius would be strong GFE pulls.

8. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've done a lot of dungeons I wouldn't even have dreamed of doing before all thanks to you. :) It's hard to decide which evo to go with Balboa, but I am super happy he's getting some love!

Yeah, I learned of Sanada's importance from the player's choice godfest. You said I was lucky before, so maybe I will be again. Thanks again for all your help!

9. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually got Sanada today. I really just can't believe it. I was wondering though, doesn't he work against being paired up with Minvera since he converts light orbs? Also, I got yet another Balboa. I'm gonna keep an extra one to have both evos, but do I really need 4? Is it okay to just sell the dupes for MP?

10. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Balboa is up to you. In your shoes, I would probably sell the fourth. You could potentially inherit at least one on himself. I'm a big fan of self-inherits. It protects you from skill delay and will soon increase your stats due to a matched attribute.

As for Sanada, you're right. He's an amazing sub, but he's not usable on a Minerva team for exactly that reason. He's great for other fire leads like Krishna and Cao Cao though. Since you don't have them and your best team right now is Balboa, I would consider trying Sanada as a lead. After his buff, the fire/dark Sanada became a 64X attack, 2.25 X RCV lead, which is pretty good. You would lose Balboa's hp, but gain a ton of attack (36X->64x) and a bit of recovery. You also have a full roster of subs for him, and he can act as both a heart-maker and a spike on that team: Sanada/Minerva/Ares/Ares/Laila/Sanada. You'll probably have to look around a bit to find someone else leading with Sanada since people tend to use him as a sub, but I think it's worth a look :)

11. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks again for all the help, everyone! I have a few more questions and figured I may as well just post them here instead of making a topic somewhere else.

-I must ask again, how do I turn off tips? Here is an example: http://i.imgur.com/Gomnm3r.jpg

-On the days Super King Carnival isn't in rotation what is the best way to level cards? I always find myself struggling to level up cards when that dungeon isn't active (and I don't have 30mil to casually drop on the coin dungeon unless I farm weekend dungeon). I know primary color metal dragons appear throughout the week, but it didn't seem worth the stam investment.

12. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's no way to turn off those tips, sadly. For getting exp, I find that the best way outside of SKC and enhance PEM is through rogues. I get most of my super kings from Z8, Nordis, and Volsung. Linthia doesn't have them (it does have masks and myth dublits, though). Z8 is the best one because it's easy to farm and gives you all colors of super kings, as well as dragon seeds, pengdras, plusses, and 550 MP. You have ALB, so farm up those Dioses and farm away!

13. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the replies. The push button farm with ALB seems awesome even if does require a ton of setup, but do I absolutely have to get a co-op partner to make it work?

Also, I assume that Z8 farm is how you rack up MP at a decent rate? Ainvar said I should get Plum and maybe LGadius, but that doesn't seem realistic considering how hard it is to get MP.

I got Tsubaki and plan on using her as a sub for Minerva (unless she'd be better as a lead?) and I was wondering which evolution to go for. I see people say using her as a sub for Minerva is fine, but not specific on which evo to go for.

14. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ALB pushbutton farming is coop-only because Dioses require a lot of SB and most rogues need more than 3 Dioses. If you want to play more PAD or collect more MP, here are the invite links to the relevant discord servers: Reddit discord (lots of players, not ALB exclusive) and ALB server.

All the rogues provide similar amounts of MP, but Z8 is the only one that provides super kings of all colors, so I prefer that one.

As for Tsubaki, that's really up to you. I like Tsubaki as a lead, but I also don't have Minerva and I think whatever Tsubaki can do, Minerva can do it better. Dual dragon killers are very powerful and I think it would be a big boon to you if you used her as a Minerva sub-- there's always a chance that you will pull another Tsubaki to use as a lead later. Minerva / Sub Tsubaki - A. Ares - Ares - Rodin / Ilm is quite a strong team. You can pair with a Minerva as well for more bulkiness on certain dungeons.

15. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Still using Balboa as my lead for my green team. His new evos are out and I'm really not sure which I should use for him as a lead. I can definitely see the appeal for both and although I inherited Mito onto Susano, the G/B version of Balboa is pretty desirable for the antibind. However, the other version is so much more tanky.. So uh thoughts?

16. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    My vote is for sub Balboa (the unbindable one with the bind recovery). Getting your leader bound is a pain, and the bind recovery awakening will give you some flexibility when it comes to bind clearing. For what it's worth, the JP tier list (the list of the top ranked leads in Japan) included UEVO Balboa for a while and the Balboa in that list was actually the sub, not the lead meaning that people there favored an unbindable lead over a higher multiplier. Water/wood are also hard to find colors in many rainbow teams, which is part of why B/G Isis is so popular, so B/G Balboa might have some use there one day as well.

17. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks a lot for the reply, Faust! The bind is just too good to pass up. I'm pretty excited about it.

18. Songlian

Songlian Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got Myr recently and I was wondering if I should try to roll to get subs for her or Dark Athena instead. I'm not even entirely sure I can evolve Myr, but I know I will definitely have enough MP when Athena comes out (thanks to the free MP giveaway). I just need better subs for them either way. >_>

Also, thanks again Faust for all your suggestions. Inheriting Karin onto Vishnu has been insanely helpful.

19. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't know if I would worry about targeting specific pulls for either team. If there is a nice godfest that happens to include a lot of subs for either, then you should definitely pull. But, I wouldn't assume that you'll eventually end up with a complete team for either. To give you an idea, Myr got here in late July. When I started, I had a team consisting of a pair of Wukongs, Saria, and flex slot (usually Indra). I've been regularly burning non-IAP stones since then, and I have only run into one additional Myr sub: Paimon. I've also been chasing Kaede for my Ronove team and a second Tsubaki for Ilm, so I always pull on days when JP Dragon Callers are featured. So far I've pulled 2 Kaedes, 0 Kannas (another Myr sub I'm missing), 0 Tsubakis (the only 5 star I haven't pulled), 3 Sumires, and 2 Satsukis. The take home point from all of this is that there are no guarantees when it comes to the REM. Power-creep might open new doors before anything interesting turns up.

Right now, you can build a slightly janky Myr team with Momiji, DQXQ, Gadius, and a heart-maker (e.g. a fruit dragon or a fairy tale princess) inherited on Venus (Venus has great awakenings and a super short CD). If you happen to pull Kanna, Ariel, Saria, Wukong, or Apocalypse then you could potentially have an amazing Myr team. Because Myr requires nothing beyond investments in her materials, I would definitely build a team for her. Myr's second evo has a leader skill that's nearly as good as the UEVO's, so you can start playing Myr before you have her UEVO up and running.

I'm more hesitant to recommend Dark Athena. You have some functional subs for her including Grida, Pandora and Grem (although Grem might get rid of your water orbs), and some great skill transfer options including B. Sonia, Karin, and Ryune. But, you're missing a lot of strong subs, e.g. Haku and Persephone. D. Athena also notoriously struggles with skill binds because neither lead has an SBR awakening. Most teams run a dark sub with double sbr (Okuni, Durga, Castor, Hamal, etc.), which you currently lack. You would also ideally want more TPAs on your team. Athena will be a great sub when she's no longer a strong lead, but I'm not convinced that she's worth 2 and a half mp cards given your current box. The flip-side is that she may not come back to the mp store any time soon after she leaves. Whether or not you want to gamble on her is up to you.

Another team to keep an eye on is Revo Vritra/Revo Indra. The team plays a lot like Balboa, except that you trade sub flexibility for a 49x attack mutliplier. Sheena and Satsuki are perfect subs for that team. Sheena has an amazing board, while Satsuki will eventually get a UEVO with 4 TPAs. You're missing some subs right now, but more might turn up by the time their team gets here.