Some recent game8 tier list developments

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by The_Matrix, Feb 22, 2017.

1. The_Matrix

The_Matrix Member

discord also has some good stuff, although it's mostly farming templates

2. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Those bug the crap out of me though even if they are just farming templates.

Almost everyone's reaction when I join a room without an EXACT template team is "WTF no that's not the team! You need Team A/B! GTFO noob!" when what I have works just as well only might take *gasp* another 2 seconds of time on a single floor because I don't have 3 Dios/Toshiros.

xer 21 likes this.
  3. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    2 seconds? Too much effort. Room deleted. Lol

4. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

people aren't confident enough outside of those setups, if u are looking people to run with u u pretty much have to explain ahead of time of how it works

Lunatic likes this.
  5. Grokitach

Grokitach [Zalk]@jvc is my IG name

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you don't have 3 Dioses, it is just because you are lame, it takes, what, 3 hours of your time to get one max skilled / evoed ?

6. ambiguous57

User ID:
    I have yet to have a dungeon run where something went wrong because I brought a GSonia instead of a 3rd Dios. I'm not wasting my time/stones just to bring comfort to some noobs who can't think outside of a template.

HappyNoms likes this.
  7. ambiguous57

User ID:
    Agree, which is what I do. Sometimes it works, often times people give up and move on or, if they do play, act like skeptical a-holes the entire run and like we "got lucky" when we clear it.

8. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

this is why you need an alt... if only farming mats wasn't so annoying.

9. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I see both sides of this. While I certainly understand people not "thinking outside the template" lacks creativity and is detrimental to developing skills, such as teambuilding and theorycrafting, I also understand when people are concerned, as some of those template builds do require the template team. I think it was the ALB build for Myr that is a really tight squeeze killing Wee Jas through his shield. (At least it was when I was farming it, I am sure they have a better build for it by now LOL). And with most of these template builds, you are dead if something goes wrong, and some people are calculating runs/rank and dying once costs them 75 minutes of waiting for the stamina to refresh.

I mean, if someone posts a code and says "Bring B", they are expecting you to bring B. I feel like that person invested the stones/stamina/effort to build side A, so it seems reasonable for them to expect someone to bring the team they are requesting. If you dont have "B", either dont enter the room, or message the person beforehand and ask them if they are comfortable with your alternative setup. Literally, you are entering their room. I feel like you owe the person whose room you are entering an explanation as to why you are bringing something other than what they specifically asked you to bring.

I feel like your frustration is misplaced, it doesnt make sense to get angry at someone for being skeptical. And just grouping everyone who sticks to the template as "noobs that cant think outside a template" is pretty short sighted and people that read this forum who arent endgame players will get a bad feeling about our community when we talk like that. We were all "noobs" at some point. Every time I visit this forum, it says something like "130 ppl online, 50 members and 80 guests". That means that like 60% of the people reading this forum are probably "noobs" that are just dabbling in playing the game seriously. I know I personally lurked this forum for a couple of months before joining, and then lurked with an account for like 6 more months before starting to post and be active. And without more serious players, we wont have the game because if no new people play the game, GH will stop making money on it, and then we won't have a game anymore.

10. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the difficulty really doesn't rest with the Team A Team B you don't have it perfect so go screw yourself situation. The issue is there is no in game chat. Sometimes you lose a person in the rush of codes being posted or if you are hosting you don't know who just joined you to DM them. If you could in game say "Hey I have never seen this as a composition for side B how does it work?" we would have a lot fewer problems in this area. It is yet another game design problem.

BurningMan, ambiguous57 and bp1976 like this.
  11. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  12. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lists don't matter.

Xayvin likes this.
  13. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

it's not RaDra, it's because the content is getting too easy. it's like how Anubis is too powerful for PAD so in some paradox he becomes less useful.

14. ambiguous57

User ID:
    After numerous Arena 3 runs with both Ra Dragon and Aizen, I would probably agree that Aizen deserves being a tier above.

The only think Ra Dragon has going for him is the HP. Aizen pretty much trounces him everywhere else. Colosseum is probably the only dungeon of note where Aizen would struggle in any significant way more than Ra Dragon.

It's not at all to say that Ra Dragon is bad. It's just that I can understand there bein a tier between him and Aizen and, by extension due to a lot of similarities, DAthena.

15. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    My girl Ame rocking the A grade. Alright alright alright.

xer 21 likes this.
  16. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
  17. ambiguous57

User ID:
    smh

I'm pretty sure this just goes to show that the game has spiraled out of control thanks to co-op. HP is the only thing DAthena has over Aizen. Everything else is worse. But apparently that's all it takes to be alone in the top tier.

18. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I didn't even know who Juri was, I guess shes up there due to her pretty insane effective HP?

19. ta11geese3

ta11geese3 azure rathalos

20. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Technically DAthena is capable of greater orb efficiency and easier time with combos. I highly doubt they'd kick Aizen off without a reason, considering how disgustingly meta he is rn