Team Building, Awoken Cao Cao

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by RageSedai, Aug 23, 2016.

1. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I'm going to try and work on this as I can for the next few days but with the impending release of A Cao I feel like we need a place to discuss team building and strategy.

Give me some time as I adjust the formatting and try to make it pretty. I will give credit to anyone whose ideas I steal to format. Credit goes to @Flaycrow for most of my guide pilferage and his work on the Cecil guide.

Introduction:
    is the Fire God from the 3 Kingdoms pantheon.
    From Wikipedia: Cao Cao ([tsʰǎu̯ tsʰáu̯]; Chinese: 曹操; 155 – 15 March 220),[2] courtesy name Mengde, was a Chinese warlord and the penultimate Chancellor of the Eastern Han dynasty who rose to great power in the final years of the dynasty. As one of the central figures of the Three Kingdoms period, he laid the foundations for what was to become the state of Cao Wei and was posthumously honoured as "Emperor Wu of Wei". Although he is often portrayed as a cruel and merciless tyrant in subsequent literature, Cao Cao has also been praised as a brilliant ruler and military genius who treated his subordinates like his family. During the fall of the Eastern Han dynasty, Cao Cao was able to secure the most populated and prosperous cities of the central plains and northern China. Cao had much success as the Han chancellor, but his handling of the Han emperor Liu Xie was heavily criticized and resulted in a continued and then escalated civil war. Opposition directly gathered around warlords Liu Bei and Sun Quan, whom Cao was unable to quell. Cao was also skilled in poetry and martial arts and wrote many war journals.

Active Skill:
    Awoken Cao Cao's active improves upon his original active by also including poisons in the change. He now offers a 1 turn delay along with a :water: & :skull: > :fire: change.
    He combos well with something like Urd or Mori to create either a 2/3 Fire/Hearts or full fire board. Also fixes Beelzebub full poison boards.
    Currently, like many Awoken evos, he can only be skilled up via flampy and will need 4 of them to be max skilled.

Awakenings:
    :awakening13::awakening15::awakening28::awakening16::awakening13::awakening15::awakening27::awakening27:

:awakening13:x2 2 Fire Rows means he's contributing 20% extra damage on each fire row by himself. Paired with another A Cao he's at 40%

:awakening15:x2 2 :awakening15: awakenings gives you 1.12 extra damage on fire combos with enhanced orbs (math check please) and also gives you a 40% chance that orbs that fall from the sky are enhanced. When paired with another A Cao, you only need one more :awakening15: to ensure that all naturally occuring orbs are enhanced.

:awakening28: Makes team building less restricted as you are at 40% just from the leads (assuming pairing with another A Cao).

:awakening16: to help bring those actives up faster, a necessary part of team building as we'll see later

:awakening27::awakening27: means that you are unbindable, so leader binds be damned, A Cao doesn't have to worry about those. This also means that you'll be able to access your RCV bonus on AS use no matter what.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Gameplay:
    Leader Skill:
    ATK x2.5 when simultaneously clearing 6 connected Fire orbs. ATK x0.5 for each additional orb, up to ATK x4 at 9 connected orb. Fire attribute cards ATK x2, RCV x2 on the turn a skill is used. ( Multiple skills will not stack )
    This leader skill allows A Cao to be very flexible in damage control. Match 9 connected fire orbs and you have a x16 multiplier. Use an active skill and this becomes a x64 multiplier.
    For reference:
    6 fire orbs, no active: 6.25x
    7 fire orbs, no active: 9x
    8 fire orbs, no active: 12.25x
    9 fire orbs, no active: 16x
    6 fire orbs, with active: 25x
    7 fire orbs, with active: 36x
    8 fire orbs with active: 49x
    9 fire orbs with active: 64x

Amazingly, on top of a large damage increase on active use, you also get a bonus to RCV. x4 to your RCV will be a huge boon and makes up for some of the weakness of the team building as we will see below. Also lets the team shine in co-op where the team HP is increased but not RCV.

Orb Enhances:
    It's rather easy to pick up one more OEA from one of your subs, which allows all orbs that fall from the sky to be enhanced naturally.

Rows:
    The strength of a A Cao Cao team is going to be in row enhances. Any team requiring 9 orbs to be connected for max multiplier will want to make those into some form of row shape.

Two Prong Attacks:
    TPA's can be used on the team if you have the orbs after making your 6+ connected fire orbs to activate your leader skill. I don't recommend specifically building for them, but they can be an increase depending on your team.

Pros and Cons of Awoken Cao Cao:
    Pros:
    Damage is easily controlled, you can choose how much damage you want to do via orb connection patterns (row vs no row) and active skill usage.
    RCV is very high, as a standard heart match combo with x4 RCV can heal many teams to full in solo mode
    High damage ceiling. x64 damage is nothing to sneeze at, especially when row and OEA are taken into account
    Flexible, no type restrictions involved, can fit almost any fire sub on the team

Cons:
    Active skill reliant for max damage.
    RCV is low for many fire monsters, including A Cao only having 27. Will need active skill or +eggs to make up for lack
    Orb hungry, needs 9 fire orbs for max damage
    Lack of TE, rows are not easy to make, and your leaders bring no TE awakenings.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    VampyricTiddle likes this.
  3. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Team Building:
    Leader pairing:

A Cao Cao can basically pair with any fire leader that's popular without too much drop-off in usability. I suppose even Orchid if that's your thing as both use fire rows, and A Cao Cao doesn't consume hearts with his active.
    For reasons of this guide I will focus on pairing with another A Cao Cao but I'm open to editing in with other leads if people would want.

Ideal subs: For team building, I will preface this by saying that A Cao Cao is so flexible that it's going to be very dungeon dependent on subs. I will list out some strong options, but please know that all teams can be adjusted as you go.
    A) S Rank Subs:

- eventual UEVO will be better
    or

List to be expanded through discussion

B) A Rank Subs:

List to be expanded upon through discussion

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    VampyricTiddle likes this.
  4. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Dungeon Strategies:
    1) Arena

2) Challenge Dungeons

3) Co-op

I can add more videos, but here's a few ideas of clears. Also showing the power of A Cao in some of the harder single player dungeons. Notice that haste is very popular in keeping the team going with actives.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  5. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Friend List:
    1) Muffinkins: 343,992,243 - to be hypermaxed, rainbow latented
    2) Flaycrow: 310,540,350 - to be hypermaxed, dark resist latented
    3) VampyricTiddle: 306,998,355 - hypermaxed, HP latents
    4) Mdew091: 361,857,284 - hypermax
    5) Puzzled Dragon: 322,475,216 - hypermax, atk latents

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  6. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    dms1485 likes this.
  7. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    The thread is open for discussion. Please start to contribute folks and I'll continue to update the guide.

8. CMStewart

CMStewart Active Member

User ID:
    I haven't heard much information coming from Japan about ACC because the ALB hype train is still going in full force. I'm interested to see how awesome he is and am glad someone took the initiative to start a guide. As soon as the servers are back up, I'll have mine hypermax.

RageSedai likes this.
  9. Shadowshift

Shadowshift Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    R/L Ares > R/G Ares for Awoken Cao Cao in my opinion. Trading 3 row enhances for 2 TPAs and 2 Orb Enhances is not great unless you were already at 10 RE from Cao Cao leads + other subs. The fire skyfall portion of Awoken Ares' active is less important for A.Cao Cao since you will want to be using an orb making active for burst turns anyway to achieve full modifier and RCV bonus.

10. CMStewart

CMStewart Active Member

User ID:
    ACC is hypermax. Looks like the split Antares evolutions are out too. I just need a Dub-Rubylit and I'll go with her sub version. I need to start farming Scarlet so I can get one or 2 for ACC. Just need to figure out my best speed farming team. I've never been blessed with ALB.

11. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    I use a Mzeus team to farm Scarlet. I don't have a ALB either.

12. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    A Leilan, with haste!

RageSedai likes this.
  13. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    I can definitely see the benefit to RL Ares over A Ares. I like the skyfall buff personally as it allows you to possibly use a smaller active on the next turn.
    I will add RL Ares to the list as well.

14. CMStewart

CMStewart Active Member

User ID:
    What's the MZeus team setup like? I haven't seen anything online, and I don't have time to theory craft with a newborn in the house now.

15. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Side A: MZeus/Burst for Grimoire/Delay/Baby Scarlet active if needed/Mama Scarlet Kill shot
    Side B: Active for F2/Active if needed for F4/Dark Damage Void or full damage void/Poison or true damage/Kill shot for Hera

So in practice:
    A: Mzeus/Alcyone/Orochi/Ilm/A Apollo
    B: MZeus/Wukong/LKali.Angelious/A Ra/A Apollo

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  16. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Light: Raph, Pollux/Valk, Ra, Flex
    Water: Orochi, flex, flex, flex

Orochi for baby Scarlet. Andro works well to help remove Kraken bind. Skuld>Hermes for boss floor.

Edit: ninja

RageSedai likes this.
  17. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Updated with Leilan and RL Ares as S Rank Subs. Hesitated to put Leilan there tho as she needs to be comboed with Yamato, Uriel, or Belial, elsewise not as powerful.

Urd at least creates hearts and can be comboed with either Leader for a 2/3 Fire board.

18. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    I think for farming at least haste>2 active kill boards. Keeping an active up is critical not only for the attack multiplier but the rcv one. Leilan>Scarlet doesn't guarantee 64x, but should get there most of the time.

In certain co-op or other non farming situations, yea more red rows is better.

RageSedai likes this.
  19. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    This is true, I also prioritize heartmakers to an extent personally depending on the dungeon. Which is why I value Urd so highly. I need to experiment more with Scarlet being used to fix boards as I've never really run mine personally in anything difficult.

20. VampyricTiddle

VampyricTiddle Lick Lick

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ACC Hypermaxed going for HP Latents cause...why not?

Guide looks good so far :3

RageSedai likes this.