Team Building, Awoken Cao Cao

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by RageSedai, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Rekrul

Rekrul Active Member

I could have something like Awoken Ares, Yamato, Scarlet and Ronia for both accounts, but it makes the beginning floors quite a pain without any quick orb changers. I guess based on the video, there's a few places he stalls, so I can probably use some skills liberally. I guess other than the Ronia RNG, it's not that bad?

2. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    SO last sunday, I spend the entire day farming scarlet, and I now have:
    - 1 max skilled skarlet
    - a second skarlet lv8 :) [Next time around I hope to be able to max skill her too]

In the meantime, we can finally skill Tsubaki and i hapen to have two.

Is the following team actually viable or should I just not bother and get 4 max skille skarlet instead:

3. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Viable for what? Not sure it would be effective in arena, if that's what you're thinking.

4. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    For farming Biweeklies and easy mythicals? Sure. For Arena, probably not. You would have to inherit a kill combo (tricolor+orb change, bicolor, heartmaker+heartbraker, etc.) but I you had most of those options, you would run them directly. Inherits are not too good, except on Cao since they break the haste system.

I would at least go to 3 Scarlets/1Tsubaki if you really want to try it, but know that you WILL get screwed some times without a real kill combo and/or godkiller.

What are your other fire cards? No Antares? Yamato? Uriel? Sanada?

RageSedai likes this.
  5. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I ran Arena with ACC/Tsubaki/Scarlet/Antares/Yamato and it worked out well. Multiple Scarlets aren't necessary, however you'll notice I did have 3 7 turn CD subs with haste to make up for it. Antares also gives you a god killer sub for the Kali's. Yamato/Antares was the kill shot.

I would echo that you need some form of kill shot and or sub combo for it.

6. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My PADherder is mostly up to date :)

In a vacuum:
    - Max skilled Takeru
    - Unskilled Uriel
    - +egged Shiva
    - Max skilled Urd + a few other non max skilled ones
    - A.Freyr
    - 1 awoken leilan + another leilan which I'm debating to awake too
    - xmas leilan
    - max skilled A.Horus with a max skilled XMas Liu Bei inherited
    - max skilled Beach Goemon
    - Another max skilled RG Cao Cao
    - 2 RGY
    - Hino
    - A bunch of Red Sonias
    - Chibi Sonia
    - Ame No Uzuma
    - Little Red Wood
    - Red Chester...

But no Yamato,no Antares, no Saneda

7. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    Takeru = Yamato....

SamS and kandjar like this.
  8. axlpowa

User ID:
    Like @RageSedai said, Takeru's full name is "yamato takeru" and is commonly reffered as Yamato or sometimes Tomato :p
    Yamato Takeru or Uriel should definitely find a place in your team. For Arena I prefere Uriel because the autoheals really make a difference and the skill boosts are less important.

With what you have I'd go with a basic template of: Scarlet, Scarlet, Uriel, Leilan (awoken is a bit better for the haste, but Red/Green is good for the killers if your team is not all 297). With this team you'll have a good amount of hastes and a kill combo (Leilan+Uriel).

If you wanna shoot for Arena, I'd probably replace Leilan with another Scarlet and inherit Leilan on CaoCao. You would then have a better haste system, very good stats and your killshot. You'll just have to manage your skills to have the inherit up in time. Make sure the Scarlets are all Uevoed too, makes a big difference too. If you roll Antares at some point, replace one Scarlet with him and you'll be set.

kandjar and RageSedai like this.
  9. beradin

beradin The cYNic

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I will shoot questions here.
    Attempting to do Arena 1 with ACC. (coop or solo, prefer coop to learn)
    Attempted Arean 1 long time ago with different team for yolo and didn't get far. (clearly never cleared it)
    Unfortunately my row fire subs are horrible.
    So I did the next best thing I can do. Farmed Scarlets.
    Now I have full 297+ team, Consist of ACC + 4 Scarlet.
    All scarlet have 5 latent fire resistances. ACC has 2 SDR.
    So questions are
    1. What latent should I put ACC?
    My gut feeling tell me give him 3 dark resist
    or give him one more SDR
    (I am probably start giving 2 SDR per Scarlet though)

2. What should I inherit on ACC?
    It's Either Ronia or Mori.

3. Should I attempt to one shot L kali/D kali using skill inherit on scarlet with Carat?
    Not sure If i can stall that long enough for Carat to full charge but... it can be done.

P.S. If anyone wanna just roll Arena1 coop with ACC let me know.

10. axlpowa

User ID:
    If you co-op, no inherits or latents required, hell I even co-op'd with someone with lv50 unplussed subs lol.
    Although I strongly suggest a heartmaker, preferably Yamato in coop or Uriel solo. If not, it can work too, but it's riskier.

11. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is A1 actually that easy in coop with ACC?

12. beradin

beradin The cYNic

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Uggg I will + egg my uriel...
    I don't have yamato and would prefer antaras in my team but I don't have him

But still no one really answer question though...
    Whether latent/inherit is required or not, it will help regardless

13. axlpowa

User ID:
    Well, I'd say yes with good teams. I run Antares, Antares, Scarlet, Uriel and my partner has Antares, Scarlet, Scarlet, NY Yamato.
    We only die when we don't pay attention or want to go too fast (isnt it what ACC is about lol?). If you focus, you should win over 90% of the time. Each team really needs 1 antares, 2 scarlets and heartmaker for maximum stability. Then it's all about managing the skills (use the non-haste one before the hastes if you can, as not to was them for example).

As for inherits, I don't think they help that much in Coop, they will most likely just complicate your skill management. If you really want to put something somewhere, then a multi-turn shield can help if you run into Dios+Lifive+DQ Hera and are heart trolled. A bind clear could also be used, but I have never been threated by a bind yet (I'd use RGY or Grodin probably).

About latents, I know there was a setup that had enough HP that with all dark resists could tank DQ Hera without shield. Don't know what it is by heart and too lazy to look. You could also get SDRs at large if you really wanted to commit, but again, you'll only gain some speed if you get Thoth since you should not get skill delayed by Kagu (delay!) or Kali (ohko). So.. what is left is probably 1 blue resist and 1 dark resist only to prevent Zaerog and PFQ Hera to 100% gravity you if you miss the kill shot.

Again, my personal opinion: Solo, have one of the leaders have a shield and if you don't have a heartbreaker then pair with a RGY. Heartmaker+heartbreaker is usually enough for a Kali kill through her shield (even without antares). Coop, at least one of you should have a kill combo, the other can do whatever if he has a system team.

Oh, and use the finger badge solo, because fucking up on the combo shields make you waste actives and can seriously compromise the run (think Stratios+defoud+DQ Hera)

14. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow... I just needed to say that A.Cao Cao is just an amazing fun lead :)
    I'm using him more and more......
    Clearing dungeon is fun again with him as it's not jsut "Take your myr team and go clear it"

You actually still have to look at the dungeon to figure how to build your team.
    And as a bonus he does come with fast farming rogue dungeon teams :-D

--

My current core team is:

With Red Odin being the flex slot

It's obviously a MP build and it's really been a blast to play with it.

-

Having Horus[XMas Liu Bei] turned out to be a fantastic combo.
    The main reason I did it was for the 2 SLR that A.Horus provides; but in real action, being to use Liu Bei early in the dungeon and have A.Horus up for the final floor for a massive combo blast: Surtr+A.Horus is really nice!

The only real down side of this team is the lack of TE. I occasionally run out of time in my move... I guess I'm not fast enough :)

RageSedai likes this.
  15. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    @beradin I would recommend that you inherit a shield on your ACC or use a friend with a shield active. Susano is usually enough to survive DQ Hera. Other than that there's not much that you NEED to inherit on a ACC team for Arena. Also as you plan to use skills often and early to activate the full multi, inherits don't usually come around. This is for solo play. Coop is another beast entirely and is up to you. I still wouldn't focus on inherits too much tho in coop as now they're very likely to not come around often enough unless they're on the leads.

As to latents, unless you're trying to max dark resist for a DQ Hera preemptive I wouldn't worry too much about them either.

16. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I use ACC in A1 with a basic template of ACC [RSonia] / Scarlet / Scarlet / Urd [Ifrit] / Laila [Genie] / ACC [bare or RSonia]. I used to have Chiyome in place of Laila, but I've found that Laila (once I got her hypermaxed) brings a bit more to the team and doesn't tank us if we hit Parvati. I prefer an ACC partner that has their ACC with no inherit or with RSonia. Everything is hypermaxed.

So my inherits are (1) RSonia on ACC for big kill shots (Kali) and combo shields, (2) Genie on Laila to deal with Hera, and (3) a super long CD inherit on Urd for SDR. I have SDR on a heartmaker on all my top teams.

ACC's active (delay) deals with Hino, and that covers all your niche needs, except bind clear. I usually just suck up binds. Make sure you're 100% SBR, too.

As for latents, I have:

(1) Rainbow on Urd (and ACC because I needed to clear box space). You need one card with rainbow resist.

That's it. I would recommend having some form of SDR on a heartmaker/secondary Kali kill-shot board-maker, as I mentioned, and maybe one other card in your set up, perhaps one Scarlet. Long cooldown inherits seem easiest these days, but latents work. It's really only a life or death issue if you don't one-shot DKali and need one more turn to finish her off. Urd has saved me a couple of times in this regard. You only need one SDR latent/card to deal with DKali.

You may consider fire resist latents if your team doesn't have the hp to deal with a triple shot of Red Shieldras. Nothing more belittling than knowing that you're going to die if you run up against three of them.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  17. lemon

lemon New Member

User ID:
    323 402 427
    what do you suggest for inherits on ACC, for arena purposes maybe?

18. axlpowa

User ID:
    He said he only used Ronia on his ACC and that the friend could be nothing. The other inherit is there for SDR.

Again, most people will have a shield on either ACC and maybe a bind clear on the other. I myself stopped bringing a bind clear because ACC never gets bound dangerously. If you feel insecure/inexperienced and want to be protected as much as possible, then yeah, bring one.

Seriously, I find that combo shields are the real threat in Arena for ACC. The first @ViewtifulGene rule states: "Only one skill shalt be used to kill a floor". I also think it is a very important rule. When you start to use multiple skills on a floor because you mess up the combos, you will suffer from it, especially if it's on Stratios/Defoud. Snarf said he used Ronia for it (he also has Urd), this works. I personally often use my heartmaker (Uriel/Yamato) for those because they remove 2 colors and make the boards a lot easier to combo. I run full Row/OE and not TPA so I don't bring Urd.

If you play co-op, as I've said before, I would not inherit anything. ACC has all the tools he needs (mainly huge damage, access to god killer, delay and poison clear (he is also unbindable)).

19. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    It's like he's Moses back from the dead!!!

Except he can't part the Red Sea that is HephDrag!

axlpowa and ViewtifulGene like this.
  20. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    This is a great point(s) for players new to ACC in Arena. Combo shields are really the only thing that slows ACC down. Getting Stratios and Defoud in the same run is usually a death sentence for me. Even if I can combo out with one skill on each of them, I've got nothing big left for Kali. Red Sonia is a problem, too, but she comes early enough that you can recover if you blow it once (maybe twice).