[Team Building] Goddess of the Dead, Nephthys Guide -UUEvo When?

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Bane Shydow, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Tipsykitty

Tipsykitty New Member

PADherder:
    link
    This is a great guide! Thank you so much! Cant wait to get my TPA team for her moving

2. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With the buffs to Pandora and Zuoh on JP, it might soon be time to bring back the row team. Unfortunately I'm missing out on some of the other good dark row cards, so I'd have to run some suboptimal subs in the last 2 slots unless I roll something better before the buffs come to NA. I'm already working on plussing both of them. Pandora's only 5 rcv eggs short of +297, and Zuoh just started with my extra hp/atk eggs.

Alternatively, I'm considering making uuevo Pandora instead of Awoken and running Satsuki/Awoken Haku/Zuoh/UUevo Pandora for a TPA/row hybrid team. I'd have to see how the burst numbers look for rows vs TPA for that team, but I think rows might increase my burst potential if I chain Satsuki and Pandora actives.

3. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    +2 OE on Goetia now live for OE based teams.

samuelburtt likes this.
  4. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Got up to floor 18 in arena 1 with Neph on Saturday on my second try (died to Zhou Yu the first time). I was desperately hoping that Lifive wouldn't spawn, so of course he was the one that showed up.

Seems like my current team could probably beat it with enough tries, so I'll run it some more next time it comes. I was using Neph / Satsuki / Awoken Haku / Pandora / Zeus Stratios / Neph. Basically, the "standard" Nephthys arena 1 team with Pandora instead of Yomi Dragon. Everything hypered except for Stratios; he still needs about 6 levels and 240 +eggs.

Haku-ku-ku likes this.
  5. Shadowshift

Shadowshift Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not sure if this caught your attention, Neph's active is being buffed to last 2 turns and the CD is being reduced to 8 turns (additional skillups required). With double Neph leaders, you can have 50% uptime on the active.

Also, I +297'd my Neph this past 10x Tengu event because Waifu. Dark Carnival needs to roll in so I can max skill her.

samuelburtt and Bane Shydow like this.
  6. Dorakyura

Dorakyura Only an honest death will cure you now.

User ID:
    NA: 347.957.300
    Please make sure to farm more dark kitten after you maxed her. Last update buffed Nephs Ability again and you need 2 additional skillups.

I gonna fill up my box with all the dark kittens I can handle!

7. silfer

silfer Expert Lurker

PADherder:
    link
    hi looking for nep friends, adding some of you guys!

8. JKRebel

JKRebel Back in it.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anyone feel free to add me as well. Working on max neph. Around lvl 90 atm about +70 or 80 no skill ups yet. Will skill up fully hopefully next time cats become available. Should be lvl 99 soon as well.

I would also welcome some better team suggestions for tpa/row that isn't strictly rem. I would like to consistently up my damage capabilities. Will update and post herder link soon. I'm running neph, zuoh, echamali, shadow dragon knight, and extreme king dragon for cost purposes. Newer account.

https://www.padherder.com/user/JKRebel/monsters/

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  9. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been pretty inactive on the forums lately, but I have returned to share with you my greatest achievement.

Screenshot_2016-04-20-18-57-03.png Screenshot_2016-04-20-18-57-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-20-18-58-24.png Screenshot_2016-04-20-18-58-50.png

Arena 1 cleared with Nephthys! It took me the better part of 2 hours to fight my way through it, most of which was spent planning moves against LKali to get 7+ combos on every board to heal as much as possible.

With this goal reached, I'm not quite sure what I'll do now. I've taken Nephthys about as far as she can possible hope to go, especially given the subs that I am missing. Arena 2 is out of the question for Nephthys to clear imo, even if I had access to every card possible. There are a few rouge descends that I haven't beaten with her, but that's about it. I haven't bee playing much PAD lately, but I'm pretty sure that I'll get back into it eventually. When I do, it might finally be time to consider retiring Nephthys as my main leader and start focusing on skilling and +egging a new team. Until then, I'll keep Nephthys up as a lead, and I expect that even if I start a new team she'll still be up in one of my other slots pretty often.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, the buffs for Nephthys seem decent. 2 turns of 1.5x on an 8 turn cd is a great improvement, though it doesn't really remove any of Neph's biggest shortcomings as a leader. Having 2 actives dedicated to enhancing with such an inherently low multiplier just sin't quite cutting it for some of the hardest dungeons that are coming out now, though Neph handles almost anything legend-plus or lower without too much trouble if you invest enough in her. She really needs a uevo that increases her base multiplier by a decent amount.

As I haven't been active much on the forums, the guide hasn't been updated in a while. I'm not sure when I'll be back enough to get around to updating it.

I added you to the friends list. Get yourself a vampire. He's a good choice for a farmable to cover blue and I'd consider him better than Shadow Dragon Knight in most circumstances. Eschamali and Zuoh are both great choices. For your last sub, something that makes hearts and has rows would probably be ideal. Grape Dragon, Pandora, Akechi, or Typhon would probably be best. Dark Izanami could also work until then, though you'd probably want to skill her up a bit first.

Haku-ku-ku and Shadowshift like this.
  10. Shadowshift

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When Awoken Nephthys comes around, the toast will make a reappearance and empower her with the power of moe (a 10x multiplier).

11. JKRebel

JKRebel Back in it.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yea, been trying to get vamp. Having horrible luck with him dropping though. Wanting chaos knight too but no such luck there either unfortunately. I'm guessing most good subs are pretty much REM then. At least the machine seems to be a lot better now... I remember many truthfully hilarious memes of golem machines back when I played lol. And 3 min. Stamina? Incredible. Along with coin dungeons and constant +egg events the game is a lot more friendly nowadays.

Isn't grape dragon REM only?

Congrats on arena clear!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  12. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For vamp, you're best bet is probably just to spam the top floor of castle of satan. Get a team that can 1 combo every floor (pair up with an Awoken Hino friend?) if you can to make things easier. Chaos Dragon Knight drops from a variety of places (Legendary Dragon Footprints, Sky Dragons, Hera, etc) at a low rate, or you can wait until Dark Carnival comes back around (should be in a few more rotations of coin dungeons) and get one easily. Grape Dragon is REM, but they usually have a gift dungeon 2-3 times per year that you can get a free fruit dragon from (like with the jewel gift dungeons, exit and come back if the wrong one spawns). So just be on the lookout for that in any upcoming events.

13. JKRebel

JKRebel Back in it.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, this dark cat dungeon sucks! my first run yielded 3 cats and I thought "oh this won't be bad at all. I'll be max skilled by days end." Every single run after my first produced not one cat. All day and not one skill up yet!

I'm guessing the 25 stam is the best to run right? First one with 7 battles since the boss doesn't skill up, or do the cats appear more on a higher difficulty? It didn't seem so when I ran them for the stone.

14. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, I only just saw that you beat Arena 1 with Nephthys - congrats @Bane Shydow ! Sorry I didn't notice earlier, but great job - I have never even tried Arena nevermind beat it!

Bane Shydow likes this.
  15. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not really sure, but I skilled mine running Mythical (it was terrible and I used pys for some). Hopefully dark carnival will be in 2 coin dungeon rotations, which is a much easier way to skill Neph if they added the dark nyancat to it on NA.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  16. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm alive. I've been fairly active in PAD again lately, though I haven't been on the forum much. I would like to try to give the guide a little bit of an update over the course of the next week or two while I'm active again. If anyone has any suggestions for edits outside of updating the subs and descends, let me know.

I managed to clear a few new descends with Nephthys over the last few days. Jormungandr wasn't particularly hard, though I was fairly surprised at how well my team handled Sonia Gran Reverse. As it turns out, the 1.5x dragon boost helps Satsuki's damage quite a bit, and I completely forgot that Zuoh has a dragon killer awakening now which gives him 3x damage against every enemy in the dungeon, so I was underestimating my damage by quite a bit. I also managed to clear Volsung, which I was quite pleased with. I am now once again up-to-date on my clears of all standard descends and I only have four of the "rogue" descends that I haven't cleared with Neph (Zaerog Infinity, Scarlet, Gainaut, and Linthia) all of which seem quite difficult. My new clears of Jormungandr, Sonia Gran Reverse, and Volsung will be uploaded to my YouTube in the next couple of days.

The next coin dungeon rotation should have the dark skillup carnival, and the light one currently has Hathor skillups, so the dark one should have Nephthys skillups now. I hope to see a lot more max skilled Nephthyses (?) on my friends list once it comes, so I expect anyone reading this to take advantage of the opportunity to easily skill up their Neph. ;) Also, save a few extra nyancats for when Neph's cooldown gets reduced to 8 turns if we don't get that update before then.

samuelburtt and Haku-ku-ku like this.
  17. Shadowshift

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Patch notes for EU show that the orb enhance improvements are coming, i.e. Nephthys should get the improved CD tomorrow.

18. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes. It will be interesting to see how the shorter cooldown and 2 turn 1.5x damage buff feels.

Does anyone have any big plans for using skill inheritance on their Nephthys teams? So far I haven't put much thought into it. Maybe I could try to make a more focused row team by using Awoken Loki with either Shadow Dragon Knight or Diadem as the skill donors. With Pandora and Zuoh, that's 6 rows and 1 more sub to cover blue (Zaerog or Haku most likely).

19. Shadowshift

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [​IMG]

Apparantly, Nephthys did 9/11

Edit: After giving it some more serious thought with skill inheritance in mind, I like this team better:
    [​IMG]
    Awoken Loki's active is redundant with your two Nephthys leads, so I'd rather have Awoken FA Lucifer for a potential board fixer for Zuoh as well as a 1 button answer to Fatty Metal Dragon. I'm leaning toward either inheriting a better board fixer like Diadem, or Shantotto, if you have her. Alternatively, a delay like Orochi could also be valuable.

For Dmeta, she can be your cleric by inheriting LMeta's AS or Amaterasu's. LMeta would be a 10 (9) turn bind clear, and the shield/enhance could be useful as well.

On Nephthys, I would consider skill inheriting either: 1) an alternate damage enhance active like Awoken Loki or Okunishi, 2) a board cleaner like Castor, Satsuki, Awoken Anubis, or Eschamali, 3) a double orb changer like Akechi, Awoken Persephone, or Awoken Hinokagutsuchi.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  20. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sadly I'm lacking other good row subs like Lucifer, DMeta, Akechi, and Persephone. Loki is the best base unit that I have to work with if I want to do rows.

I think using Lucifer is definitely better than Loki for you. His own active is much better than Loki's for Nephthys. I'd say that a second Pandora is nice too to have another heartmaker. I'd say you should inherit a heartbreak like DValk or Shadow Dragon Knight to really bring the hurt when chained with Pandora (probably overkill for a lot of the easier stuff).

I don't think that Loki's skill is a good inherit unless you have another dark enhance like DMeta because Nephthys already covers it. As you say, good orb changes are prime inherits, but honestly most of the best orb changes are on cards that you should be using as subs anyway. Utility such as delay or bind clear are the other good alternatives, though they aren't useful for every dungeon. If it is costly to constantly equip and unequip them it might not be worth inheriting them often, since you don't want your good actives being replaced with niche bind clears if you stall too long. (I'm not familiar with the cost of using skill inherits other than that it requires farming the -tan monsters. Do you need to use another set every time you unequip a monster to equip it again?).