[Team Building] Healer Team Appreciation, An Exposition

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by windkeeper4, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Guigui

Guigui Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Erf, only bikini version then ? What kind of sense does that make ?
    Make a copy of a card, wait one year, give the copy more ability ?!

2. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    The copy is a 7☆ money grab roll while Metatron, herself, is a 5☆.

They basically gave Bikini Metatron the same as what they gave Dark Metatron previously, along with finally giving Dark Metatron an HP boost like the other 2 had.

3. IceX9

IceX9 New Member

User ID:
    luker161
    PADherder:
    link
    Has anyone seen any AAma guides or sub tier lists? Been looking but havent found anything comprehensive.

Also, thoughts on Elia and DQ on the same team since they overlap? Currently running
    AAma, Uevo Valk, DQ, Sandalph, Echidna. No Venus, Kali, or LZL but have Elia, Rei Sirius, LMeta, Kushi, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Problems with Elia:
    1) Enormous pain to skill-up
    2) No rows

In your case, I would say the best case would be if you had a second DQ. Otherwise, do you have a Fuu? That would at least give you four rows, which is still probably more damage output than you're going to get from TPA. Unless you have a chibi Valk, maybe.

To be clear, this is to replace Echidna. If you have nothing else, I'd put Elia in that spot *if* you skill her up, and otherwise maybe Rei. Definitely not LMeta.

5. IceX9

IceX9 New Member

User ID:
    luker161
    PADherder:
    link
    I do have a second (and third) DQXQ, as well as a fuu. Was thinking about eventually using fuu but didnt seem like it was worth it since then id have 3 orb changers that paired with the valk? Do you think Rows > TPA for AAma?

On another note, I figured unskilled Elia could be viable ish since AAma teams are pretty good at stalling. No ideal for every dungeon obviously, but possible?

6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Oh, definitely go double DQ then. The firepower from rows is considerably higher.

Yes, you can use Elia and wait forever, but there's no reason to.

EDIT: Think about it this way. With five rows on the team, you get 2x damage when you make two rows. With Elia on the team, you get 2.25x on just her when you make all TPA matches, and 1.5x or 1x on the other monsters (unless you bring Rei).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    IceX9 likes this.
  7. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    looking for some light healer advice I feel like I have most of the top cards just not sure of best configurations, and what to use for what content... also not sure who to spend light pys on, have four in total.

highlights (all max lvl):

A.Ama (no sk)
    A.Venus (no sk)
    Kirin (not awoken, but planning to)
    DQ (hyper)
    God Valk (max sk)
    LKali (current hyper target. +88 and sk max - 1)
    LMeta (max sk)
    BG SQ (max sk)

also have dupe ama, kali, dqxq and sq. other notables healers include hyper kush and hyper uy but i don't think they play well here.

I think I ran A.Ama//A.Ven/DQ/Valk/SQ//A.Ama for last C6, but it didn't work for C8... is this the best lineup for C6/C8?

How would one compose an A.Kirin team? Something like....

A.Kirin//Kali/Kali/Venus/SQ//A.Kirin maybe?

Last question, I've been seeing lots of talk about Saria/Thor teams, pulled a Saria during pcgf, but haven't seen a lot of team comps.... I know it's not healers, but there's lots of cross pollination anyway.... other notable lights include 2 Apollos (one max sk), Apoc, God Verche (max sk), Athena (max sk)... can I put together a competitive Saria team?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Should have mentioned Max Skill L/L Ra as well (and a A Ra coming down the pipe), either way Padherder is up to date.

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Best AAma team is Valk/DQ/DQ/Venus. If you have that, you're golden. For some C10s it gets more complicated, and you might want to work on a Sandalphon, but Sun Quan is basically never worth it.

For Thor/Saria, I'd try Apoc/DQ/Valk or Apollo/Venus or AAma.

Marlboro likes this.
  9. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    awesome i'll give those two a whirl! ty

10. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    So the new holiday angel card just went into my Awoken Ama list in place of Echnidna and it has been amazing thus far. Serves the same purpose but is on color, has a Row Enhance and also 2 heart enhances which are pretty decent when you use Valk to heartbreak. In dungeons where you need a delay monster this is pretty much now the defacto healer stall, replacing Echnidna and Goddess Valk Hello Kitty. It even keeps the red sub for dungeons that are all elements required.

I am considering pairing it as a lead with Ama instead of some other options. Static 2x/2x with auto heals that are just ok as opposed to broken seems better an option than Sandalphon.

11. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    Tried the Ama/DQ/DQ/Valk/Venus lineup on Guan Yingping coin today (mostly to snag an extra stone for Sowilo 10x), went pretty smooth even with second DQ un-skilled and at lvl 50 base form. (first DQ and Valk both hyper, everyone else max lvl but unskilled and unplussed).

I understand now why this is such a great team tho -- with max skill venus(5), two max skill dq(10 each) and max valk (5) everything would sync up perfectly for a DQ->Valk->Venus every fifth turn. Even without the CTW aspect, 5 turn enhanced half-boards is epic -- and it can even get cut down to three in an emergency by popping ama's haste actives! I didn't even realize Venus was also a light orb enhance until today.

So I think the priority for Piis should be Venus for now, rather than Ama? Have three of four in box, and luckily light is only at C6 this time around so should be good to grab last one tomorrow or weds. Second DQ should be easy enough get up to speed pretty quickly -- skill up next monday now that those knight dungeons are permanent technicals, get together a couple missing evo mats, and then drop one of the recent light snow globes on it and I'm laughing.

Checking it out in padherder though, I have a bit of a question regarding heart-row bind clear: Do all those bind clear awakenings stack? So if assuming neither DQ is bound, and I match a heart row, am I actually clearing 12 turns of bind? (And as an aside does anyone do binds that long?)

Also, have you been using Ama to run Sowilo today? I've been using A Minerva (mainly because hyper bf) but Athena is starting to get on my nerves a bit and I think I'm ready to change it up. Anything to be particularly wary of with Ama runs?

Thx! Sorry to be a pest, but pretty excited to have a decent 'dream team' lineup for once!

EDIT: Re-reading my prior comment I realized I had one light pii in mail so Yay! Max Skill Venus for me!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    sunglassesmichael and Dunamos like this.
  12. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Far from optimal..but its the best i can muster from now.

I'm planning replacing unicorn for either vanilla Valk or Venus and Chibu DQ for one of the normal dqxq (the one thats dragon/healer) variants when i get one...

Any suggestions? This team should have enough rows...

Attached Files:

13. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Definitely replace Unicorn with Valk immediately. If you also get a normal DQ, it is a decent team. As it stands, it's okay. But Raph is mostly just giving you rows, since you won't need his active much outside of very specific situations.

14. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Thanks, i'll do that.

And yea, rpahael is there only for the rows...since healers atk is mediocre, hat 5 rows is just the dmg boost i need.

15. Quendi

Quendi Member

PADherder:
    link
    I personally prefer Sun Quan over Sandal. The lower cooldown and delay are more useful then the extra row and def reduction in some of the challenges. I can pop dq, valk, venus, and have them up in 6 turns if i use him, which can be clutch on something like noah, followed by fatty dragon. Full burst without sandal is going to kill pretty much anything, and I run hypers so turn by turn damage isn't much of a loss. In situations where you need damage reduction I typically use d. izanami for the boost to health anyway.

The only situations i see him more useful in is where you need to hit 6 or 7mil damage with just valk, dq, venus, or you lack damage due to plus eggs. I don't think i've ever had a situation where i needed him for damage reduction, if i did i brought d. izanami instead.

16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    DQ/Valk/Venus can be up in time for Fatty anyway, just use AAma hastes.

I'm not sure where the lower cooldown for Sun Quan matters. I've never use Sandal in situations where I care about his cooldown.

If you have a specific need for delay in a dungeon, then Sun Quan could be cool, but XMas Archangel (whom I failed to get) would likely be better.

Basically, for anyone who has Valk/DQ/Venus, the final slot doesn't really matter for the great majority of content. You can put anything there and still destroy stuff. The above advice is for people who don't have Venus.

17. Quendi

Quendi Member

PADherder:
    link
    The lower cd is more for convenience then anything, but it could have uses if we see something like a 12mil boss that ko's on 5th turn. Right about fatty, must have used one of my Ama's to get him up on a boss so i was 1 turn short. The current challenge 8 is where I prefer Sun Quan. I wasn't sure if Minerva enraged on 2nd turn, so i popped Sun Quan on angelits and manually beat them down, saving my actives for her.

I see the delay as a safer 2x method, where you can't use actives for full burst, or need to stall to prevent getting one shotted. Yeah, without Venus hes prob necessary for the row and on color attack. The new Sandal I would say has an edge over Sun Quan with the oe's and dark resist.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  18. protoaddict

User ID:
    So I just dropped Elia. I going to say she seems worth it as a sub for some dungeons over DQ, but I only say that because I have Chibi Valk. Here are my thoughts:
    • They basically have the similar stats and the same number of awakens, because Recovery bind is typically useless on a healer team
      • Elia has Dark resists, which obviously is important in a lot of levels.
    • Elias active, when max leveled is 1 turn cool down less than DQ.
      • Since you want TPAs on that team, the fact that she does not give you an entirely white board when comboed with Valk is actually good.
      • Has haste, which is pretty relevant with Awoken Ama
    • Elia is more synergistic with a team that is going to focus on TPAs, like a healer list that uses Chibi Valk, so the loss of rows is not as relevant.
    Obviously this whole discussion is not really based off point cost or how difficult it is to level either of them, but I actually think Elia is very solid and mostly overlooked just because people have similar monsters that they have already worked on. I can easily imagine a future where she gets a power up or an evo and this whole discussion becomes completely different as well.

19. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, she'd be a big step up from my Angelion (same dark resist, but much better stats and awakenings). I don't have a DQ yet. But as you pointed out at the end:
    I think leveling her from 22 to 7 turns would be a nightmare. Setsu calculates it's 15K-30K worth of stamina (50-100 stones worth).

20. protoaddict

User ID:
    Well everyone needs a hobby right?

Dunamos likes this.