[Team Building] Healer Team Appreciation, An Exposition

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by windkeeper4, Aug 23, 2013.

1. vyexcel

vyexcel New Member

Just started playing this game again, is this team still viable?

Should I move on to a different team? It's been like 3 years lol.

I have Frejya and Raph and Parvati... but i don't know if they're any good anymore :|

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Your image isn't loading, but if it's a 3-year-old team then no, it isn't. Although a lot of older monsters have gotten buffs/new evos.

You probably want to save up stones and roll in the upcoming godfest, happening in a week.

3. vyexcel

vyexcel New Member

dang so i might as well just reroll eh?

who should I go for this time around?

4. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    No, don't reroll. You don't want to throw away all the stuff you've got--you just want to get more stuff. That's what this game is all about :)

The game has changed enormously in three years, and everything's a lot more powerful (including many of the older monsters that you have, most likely). Rerolling basically isn't a thing anymore because having one really good monster doesn't really matter--if you can roll 10 times in the next godfest, you'll probably get multiple really good monsters.

5. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    I dropped Raphel in the most recent godfest so I think I'm going to run him in my A. Ama team. I am having some issues with my team now though since Venus just got "nerfed" so looking for some feedback.

Currently lineup is:
    • A.Ama with 5 rcv latents,
    • Chibi valk with Rainbow resists,
    • Dq with Rainbow resists
    • Venus with Rainbow resists
    • And a flex spot which is more often than not Princess Valikitty with rainbow resists. This is likely where I will stick Raphael.
    Here are the questions I have
    • Since I am going heavy rows with Raph and already sorta heavy with kitty, would regular valk with 2 OEs be better off than Chibi with TPAs?
    • In general should I consider more OE orbs? I have Yamatogoto Playing God, Sandalphon but he seems a bit wasted when I have Raph as well since the skills overlap
    • Is Venus worth it anymore? I feel like when the new ultimate Hera Sowilo comes out she may actually be functionally better as a sub (venus is still good as a lead in some dungeons) and if I run Sandalphon her ultimate becomes just a small time extend.
    • What about skill binding my guys? I think I may skill bind an orb changer to AAma like Apocalypse to her, but is there maybe a better option I'm not seeing?

6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    If you lack a dupe DQ or Wukong, then yes, Valk/DQ/Venus/Raph seems like a reasonable team. For easier content, it might be faster to just stick a second Valk in the last spot.

I don't think the choice of Valk is too important. Regular Valk bursts just slightly harder off big row matches, but you might prefer the convenience of chibi's triple TPA.

NY Sandal is better than regular Sandal. I like him particularly for handling DQ Hera's big pre-emptive in certain dungeons. Of course Raph can handle that also.

I'm also a bit disappointed about Venus, but the orb enhance does still provide some burst. Also, of course, with Raph on the team you can do Raph->Valk->Venus to hit very hard. Most of the time you won't bother waiting for Raph, tho. Hera-Sowilo isn't a replacement--she isn't Healer.

I put Sun Quan's delay + 2x healer attack on AAma. I think this is fairly popular. Arcline's 2.5x for healers is good, too. These are especially nice if you aren't bringing Sandalphon. I guess you could put an orb-change on AAma, but many of the good light orb-changers are healers anyway.

As always, take care when running with inherited skills. You don't want to run into a situation where you need to unbind your team, but your AAma is unavailable due to skill inheritance.

Dunamos likes this.
  7. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    For anyone interested, AAma cleared the current C10 with relative ease (solo). The Physical/Dragon enhance fortunately applies to most of the team, providing high hp and 35k auto-heal. The other critical thing was having 5-turn delay inherited onto Venus. You basically need a long delay for Vishnu, plus some delay for Beelz. Slightly more info here: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...enhanced-solo-co-op.93578/page-5#post-1377173