[Team Building] Horus: a Compendium of the Flaming Chicken

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Eric@Cal, Mar 7, 2014.

1. supralover23

supralover23 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Where does AHorus' damage fit in compared with the likes of AParvati, YomiDra, or ALuci/APandora?

2. puñal

puñal Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    It depends on what you're going to run as the team. Horus has so much flexibility that you can run a full rainbow team or a mono-red team. I haven't run a mono red team, but you can look for Zaku's posts to see what he's been capable of accomplishing. For me personally, I run Izanagi as a god burst and with him in there and a good board with TPAs for Lkali, Dkali, and Horus, I can hit probably 1-2 million per sub at the low end with few combos and only one TPA per color. To be fair, I use 3 actives for my big spikes. If you have a good A FA Lucifer team, that might be easier just because of how tanky his teams are. Horus teams can run a little low on HP, though I can stall easily with my high RCV team as long as the hits aren't too big

3. suppachuppa

suppachuppa Horuser

PADherder:
    link
    I used to think this too, but after swapping out RValk on my team for a penta (+HP) Gigas, I easily get 30-32k HP with around 7-8k rcv on skill use, depending on my team comp. For the One Shot 2 level 10 7x6 board, I had enough natural HP to outright tank Goemon, for example. Same went for the latest level 10 - didn't take a shield for Goemon since I had enough HP to tank his hits above 30%, and opted to burst Kali instead of stalling for a gravity, or something (team: http://i.imgur.com/v7OUoNu.jpg)

sunglassesmichael, mtb911 and puñal like this.
  4. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

gainaut is out which means farmable board changer for horus on color and with awesome awakenings for those of us without rkelly.
    hopefully i'll max skill him this event and will most likely +297 him too. once he's ready I plan on running
    horus/gainaut/raoh/freyr/cao-cao/horus

if anything it will make me excited about running horus again as I've been running mostly raoh for the past few months.

kiarahakura and RageSedai like this.
  5. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    You know I didn't consider using him on Horus. I just saw a sub for Fenrir. :p lol
    Now I have another reason to max skill one as well. Thanks!

RageSedai likes this.
  6. minka22

minka22 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    with bleach collab coming out, I think a new leader pairing for horus users will be horus-ichago with a dark/fire focus team...hopefully one day horus will get a buff to be competitive with Ichago's numbers, but in the meantime we can capitalize on this for those that don't want to spend obscene amounts of money to confidently get that collab monster

7. suppachuppa

suppachuppa Horuser

PADherder:
    link
    Could be with it for people without a board change like DKali. I'll probably roll for ichigo just to have him, but I won't personally pair Horus with him, since it'd weaken the fire focus on my team and I'd lose a fast active. We'll see though

8. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    A real important question tho is what are you guys planning to skill link to Horus once that system comes out? Horus himself has a really low CD which means he's perfect for skill linking.

I'm kinda sad I dont have RGY because that skill would be an instant link for me :C It'd make horus a 10CD heartbreaker+poison cleanse+Bind clear which is pretty incredible.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    kiarahakura likes this.
  9. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

haven't really thought about it yet, but the only options I see for me are a bind cleared or shield since my current set up doesn't have them, and since I don't have valen, I'll go with lmeta for the bind clear.

also horus got a buff by increasing the time limit of orbs movement by 2 seconds instead of one, so can't wait for that to get here.

minka22 and kiarahakura like this.
  10. nadtz

nadtz New Member

User ID:
    nadtz
    PADherder:
    link
    So I pulled Horus, got him leveled up and am reading various threads to get a better idea about team comps.

Currently running
    Horus
    Echidna
    Cu Chu
    Siegfried
    Vampire Duke
    while I get used to playing with Horus.

I'm guessing I probably have some other goodies to use with Horus (particularly some of the god monsters I've pulled) and I have Hera and D/L Hades, any suggestions for a team better than what I'm currently using? My biggest issue right now is no dark monsters so "m thinking either Hades or Hera to replace one of the 2 blue changers i'm currently using, or re evo my vamp duke (or get another one) and do the dark evo...

Hrmm, cant post links yet, but I can update with my padherder once I have a few more posts.

11. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    If your only problem is dark coverage, then pairing with an A.Horus friend could fix that. :)
    I did that for the longest time myself because I also had problems covering that color when I first got him.

12. suppachuppa

suppachuppa Horuser

PADherder:
    link
    You don't need (and honestly, shouldn't have) one of each main attribute - aim to cover your colors with subattributes. Also try to prioritize the descend bosses you need to make Awoken Horus; he's much better than F/F or F/L Horus.

For your subs, try covering light with a Gigas - pretty easily farmable from something like Athena Descended. Based on the sub list you posted, it looks like you don't have any light attributes among your subs? If you're pairing with F/L Horus, pair with Awoken instead and just toss a light monster onto your team if you don't have F/L Gigas yet. Eventually, uvo Gigas will be what you want to cover light in most cases. Aim to cover water with Rozuel and wood (eventually) with R/G Cao Cao. If you find yourself needing a board changer, you could slot in your chocobo or Maeda Keiji. If you don't need that, you can use a delay, shield, or another orb converter. If you like the safety of Echidna you could just stick with her in that slot for the time being.

13. nadtz

nadtz New Member

User ID:
    nadtz
    PADherder:
    link
    Hrmm, thanks for that, I wasn't even thinking about A.Horus. My biggest problem is just getting used to playing with Horus right now, I had been running a tank/stall type team that let me play pretty lazy up till now, so getting used to having a lot less health but much higher/bursty damage... I.E actually getting used to solving the board and making combos. =D That said im just running some easier dungeons to get used to making my 4+ combos

14. nadtz

nadtz New Member

User ID:
    nadtz
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been trying to farm a gigas for a while with pretty amazingly bad luck, I'll keep working it as i keep hearing he is a good sub. I believe I can post my padherder with one more post...

15. nadtz

nadtz New Member

User ID:
    nadtz
    PADherder:
    link
  16. minka22

minka22 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    we got a small buff! also with skill transfer, who are you guys going to give to horus?
    I was thinking of giving him Lkali

17. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I was thinking a bind clear or shield. but I'm not sure yet.

Also, do you guys know whether we can use (or abuse) skill-transfers on a friend's helper?
    In other words, if I put a bind clear on my A.Horus; can my BFs benefit and use the extra skill as well?

If so, I am definitely going bind clear or shield skill transfer since I'm sure most of my other horus BFs will do some kind of board change.

18. suppachuppa

suppachuppa Horuser

PADherder:
    link
    Yes, your friends see the inherited skill. I wouldn't go for a bind clear since Horus himself is bindable, but that's your call. Lkali is a decent choice if you don't have DKali or one of the collab board changers with hearts. Personally, I put Valen on my Horus since I find the board change not as useful as a utility skill. A delay like batman would be a good idea as well. I'd also consider a heart breaker into fire or situationally something else like a true damage skill (Lightning would be preferable here)

19. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, that's true. But I don't have any DKalis. And my extra LKali is going to need a lot of work before I can skill-transfer her. :(
    So honestly I have no idea what I am going to do yet. I just don't want to double up on stuff I rarely use anyway.
    I might just awaken my dupe Susano and transfer his shield over.

20. suppachuppa

suppachuppa Horuser

PADherder:
    link
    Looking through your box, I'd personally transfer Valen or RValk (and use Gigas on the team). You have LKali, which you can use as your board change in addition to a friend's inherited skill if one of your friends adds a board change to theirs

kiarahakura likes this.