[Team Building] Jammer & Poison Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by kiarahakura, Aug 15, 2016.

1. BillyBlanks

BillyBlanks Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually have a skilled Jorm, I need to delete my padherder as it is horribly out of date, sorry about that!

Looking at your sample team I realize I made a mistake just looking at "what makes jammers" and ignoring the rainbow aspect, thanks for pointing out it doesn't have to be all jammers all the time. :)

Given the updates that have been announced I will start playing with a couple of teams and see if I can get used to this, thanks!

kiarahakura likes this.
  2. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    @kiarahakura Thanks for being a true doggie lover. I got a bit sad when I didn't see any D Fenrir friend, but luckily I saw your Viz!

I'm excited for the buffs, but I am not sure if I will lead with Fenrir or Viz.

+ devil flex

I would prefer Viz due to some tankiness, but lacking a second Viz means I would encounter jammer problems almost every 3rd turn unless I find some devil + haste with short cooldown... which I just did and I have two of them!

perhaps switch Ceres with dark unbindable bind clearer (I don't have Gremory, but just some ideas)

kiarahakura and xer 21 like this.
  3. Noobzilla

User ID:
    I'm liking the idea of Kakkab.. coz more doggies!

T1: Viz1
    T2: Viz2
    T3: Kakkab1 + Viz1
    T4: Viz2
    T5: Kakkab2 + Viz1
    T6: Viz2
    T7: Fenrir

then repeat T1...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  4. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Interesting... never thought to use Kakkab. :) Also not sure why you would have jammer problems every 3rd turn? You should be able to clear crash floors pretty easily using just 3 or 4 jammers, and then save the rest for the next floor. And due to the HP/RCV buffs on his new leader skill you should be able to take a hit here and there and just heal it back. :p

And no problem. I always have either Viz or DFenrir available. I try to switch between them being up so different people can enjoy both.

As for the new buffs.... I think Viz will by far be the more popular one due to the all stats buff he got on his LS. But as @bibi stated, a lot of people will probably be mixing the two as leads because not everyone has viz. And dfenrir is actually somewhat common in people's boxes.

Viz + Viz pairing = 2.25/225/2.25
    Viz + Fenrir pairing = 1.5/675/1.5
    Fenrir + Fenrir pairing = 1/2025/1

I personally will still lead with both. I'll use Viz when some survivability is necessary, and Fenrir when I can just use the "kill or be killed" mindset lol

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  5. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    Just a heads up, the scaling for Fenrir's rainbow clause is 1.5x, 3x, 4.5x for 3-4-5 colors, respectively. I did not see it posted here yet so putting it out there. With exactly four combos including one dark match, Fenrir will strike 200k+ on Sopdet. Rely on other colors to knock Sopdet down to dark and then you can reliably use dark matches to take down the rest.

Yeah! This is a great idea and I was just thinking about it not too long ago. I actually have a max skilled Leonis and wanted to make a TPA focused Viz team:
    Viz / Apoc / Kanna / Leonis / AAma

Strong TPA sub options though none of them are Devil types :/ All the hastes on the team help to augment the lack of a true Viz system and push the damage up as you keep making loads of jammers. You would be surprised how strong TPAs are on Viz compared to rows.

With the update to Viz's leaderskill, it seems like going all devils is almost the way to go, even if the subs are off color. With 2.25x passive and the jammers on top of it, you can get some really amazing numbers with very few jammers- one Viz active can potentially last you a few turns if you play your cards right. Viz's HP makes it easy to get past 50k HP even without a full set of Devils.

Here's a breakdown of double Viz damage and leaders to compare the damage. These calculations will assume Devil type (therefore, 2.25x already included):
    3 jammers- 36x, Awoken Bastet level (not Reincarnated), Aizen without any crosses, Minvera with fire/light match.
    4 jammers- 56.25, A little less than Myr's multiplier
    5 jammers- 81x, nothing comes to mind that is around this multiplier
    6 jammers- 110.25x, Meri and Yamamoto albeit this is a hard comparison because they all generally rely on rows and can stack color combos for more damage
    7 jammers- 144x Ra Dragon multiplier, Aizen with a dark cross, Krishna at full multiplier is comparable to this level as well
    8 jammers- 182.25x
    9 jammers- 225x

Keep these numbers in mind, especially if you are matching rows. Preferably, you would want all Devils to better approach opponents like Sopdet (and because of Viz's Godkiller).

I think PAD is going to be changing a lot with this JP update. They may have only mentioned a select few cards to become inheritable, but I suspect many more will be allowed to be inheritable, including Khepri (seeing as how Serket was on the list). With Khepri, many combo shield problems will be solved and thankfully, many Viz subs carry a couple skill boosts to decrease the turns need to reach that inherited skill. Again, this is speculation, but this seems incredibly probably to me.

Aside from the dogs, I am hyped to see Constellation 2 evos. I am really hoping they can become great Fenrir subs.

grinder likes this.
  6. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Interesting ... never thought to go TPA on Viz.... Although I don't have most of the cards you mentioned. I just barely pulled kanna during the last godfest and the only other TPA light card I have is Ariel.

Also when/where were the constellation 2 evos announced? I don't recall seeing anything about that! o_O

7. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    Algedi and Alcyone are shown as 2/55 of the cards to receive evolutions. I assume the rest of their pantheon will receive their's as well.

8. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Hello everyone!

Just updated Viz's sub listing! I know I'm probably missing some devils out there that would be good for our dog, so let me know if you can think of any not already in the list. :) I will be working on throwing together some sample teams of each color for him.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on new ideal subs for Viz! I'm still deciding what should go there for each color. ;)

Next I will be taking a look at dark Fenrir's sub list to see if there should be any additions or changes on him as well. But I doubt there will be too many since his overall rainbow kill or be killed playstyle didn't change too much - it just got easier to activate. :p

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  9. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    I think dark row subs are worth mentioning as well. Dark rows have a lot of options and while dark rows with clumps of jammers is blocked by many mechanics in the game, it is still very powerful.

Pandora awoken or super ult, Akechi, Gremory, and Zuoh are notable dark row subs. The main problem with most of these subs are lower overall RCV. Viz paired with another dark row lead should be fine as well.

kiarahakura likes this.
  10. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I was debating listing rows for the reason you mentioned. But as we all know, dark is loaded with tons of devil cards. So it's hard to pick and choose what might work and what might not. :( I did list Zuoh though just because I felt this active could be a good combo with Viz for a kill shot.

11. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
  12. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Im so hype about Algedi! Very nice damage control and doesnt require a ton of jammers for fully activate. I'm officially pumped :) I'm thinking Leader Algedi/Sub Algedi(Jorm)/Urahara/Verdandi/Odindragon. Verdandi and Odindra provide all the utility needed (OE, Bind clear, fingers, healing), the rest provide all the rows and jammers. What you guys think?

xer 21 likes this.
  13. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

Yes! It's not jammer-cross :joyful: but it's still jammer shields!

14. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You have an OP team in you signiture!

Dando likes this.
  15. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    I like Verdandi for the OEs but I'm not sure I'm sold on her active? If you get a heavy green board then the additional algedi/urahara active could make it hard to combo. Or at least it would for me cuz I'm terrible (especially at rows). :p So for heart making I'll probably still lean towards Parvanti...

16. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I started thinking about that too and I think you are right. Might do Parvati or A.Perseus instead.

17. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

I prepared for this day and will only need some evo materials and tamadras :cigar:

18. Noobzilla

User ID:
    Just penta maxed my doggos and deleted inactive friends. LF more Fenrir friends. Either breed is fine :D

19. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Aroooo!

I think I just accepted a friend request from you. My dark Fenrir is always up in slot 1. I have to admit I've neglected him a bit lately, but I did use him for challenge 7. OK, that's not too impressive... I'll just say I was easing myself back in ;)

20. kiarahakura

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    Gotta start getting used to the jammers again so when the buff hits you can be the first one to show us that sweet x2025 screenshot for our thread. :)

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa and cjo like this.