[Team Building] Mono-Blue Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Kiyo, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

[​IMG]

WELCOME TO THE MONO-BLUE TEAM COMMUNITY

Welcome, to the Mono-Blue Team Appreciation Thread! This thread is meant to be a place where those who are currently established as water team players and those who would like to learn more about the most wonderful mono-team in the game, can interact and learn from each other. Below you will find a a hub of information with all of your mono-blue concerns, questions, and comments neatly arranged and easily accessible. Enjoy!

OVERVIEW
    I. INTRODUCTION
    • A. General Information
    • B. Pocket Dictionary *UPDATED*
    • C. Why Mono-Blue?
    • D. What's New? *NEW*
    • E. Update Log
    II. MAIN LEADERS
    • A. Fortune Deity Lakshmi
    • B. Idunn & Idunna, the Twin Archers
    • C. Icedragon Depth Plesios
    • D. Commerce Deity Hermes
    • E. Water Dominion Gabriel
    III. SPECIALIZED TEAM LEADERS
    • A. Demon Viper Orochi
    • B. Siren, the Enchanter
    • C. Crystal Aurora Dragon & Megalodran
    • D. Undine the Water Elemental
    • E. Awoken Deity Odin
    • F. Water Deity Holy Isis
    • G. Snow Dome Dragon Bleu
    IV. MAIN WATER SUBS
    • A. Fenrir Knight Kamui
    • B. Sea Deity Neptune
    • C. Water Mech Warrior Midgard
    • D. Sea Devil Kraken
    • E. Blue Wind Ninja Hatsume
    • F. Awoken Hera-ls
    • G. Earth-rending Emperor Siegfried
    V. SPECIALIZED WATER SUBS
    • A. Leviathan
    • B. Beast Rider Merlin & Marine Rider Robin
    • C. Blizzard Archdemon Amon
    • D. Satan, King of the Underworld
    • E. King Bubblie
    • F. Descend Dragons
    VI. TEAM BUILDING
    • A. Basics
    • B. Advanced Team Building
    • C. Tips & Tricks
    • D. ECON 101
    • E. Friend-Wise
    • F. Directory *MOVED*

INTRODUCTION

GENERAL INFORMATION

This thread is by no means the only source for team building and learning about what it takes to be a water player. However, here you can learn general information about all the different styles of play water monsters have to offer. Because I will write this guide as if you are already an advanced player, and know much about the game, I suggest you first take a look at the preexisting guides below. They should give you a general idea as to how to play the game, and when you can start advance building teams, in order to utilize the information here more efficiently.

TEAM BUILDING GUIDES:
    Beginner's Guide to Team Building
    The Advanced Guide to Team Building v1.1

I also recommend that you read the following threads as they, too, will be briefly touched upon in this guide.

OTHER GUIDES:
    Common Abbreviations and Definitions
    Stuck in a dungeon?
    FAQ (Beta Version)

Pocket Dictionary

The Puzzle & Dragons game has something to offer everyone. If you're reading this guide right now, I suppose, you might want to know what Water can do for you. There are a few things you'll need to know about P&D's water monster, first, before you can fully dive in.

Below are the abbreviations and their definitions you will commonly see in this guide, to speed things up.

[​IMG]

WHY MONO-BLUE?

So if you're still reading this guide, you may be wondering why should you be interested in Mono-Water? When water isn't as offensive as Light & Dark teams which has no resistance and isn't as aggressive or farmable as Fire teams, Water does have something special that makes it just as enticing as the other elements, if not more. Water teams true strength doesn't lie in it's raw power, if you're looking for a team like that I'd suggest ADK or Zeus, but instead Water teams have some of the best powers in the game. Water monsters have access to most of the top tier active skills such as Gravity with Hera-Is and the best current Delay in Orochi. If you like thinking things through, using powers and tricks to get ahead, and to have some of the most flexible monsters in the game then look no further; Water is for you!

2. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

INTRODUCTION (CONT.)

WHAT'S NEW?
    In this latest update to the Mono-Blue Team Community thread, you'll find more information regarding water monsters than ever before. The Main Leaders section has gotten a slight revamping to include tactics from the newest version of P&D, 5.2. In addition, the thread will finally include highly anticipated information regarding subs and the completion of the Specialized Team Leaders section. Enjoy the threads, new and fresh reimagined look which includes major structural changes as well as plenty of quality aesthetics.

Old features have gotten new looks and improvements as well, including our new Pocket Dictionary! Plus, the long awaited return of the Directory is finally here. As time goes on, viewers will also be able to get involved and interact with the Community unlike ever before! So sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay at the NEW Mono-Blue Team Community.

[​IMG]

UPDATE LOG

Code:
    4/18/13 - Mono-Blue Thread Created.
    4/19/13 - Started II. Leaders & Team Suggestions.
    4/25/13 - Added Directory. Finished II. Leaders & Team Suggestions. Minor aesthetic change.
    5/08/13 - Major Directory changes. Major aesthetic changes. II. Leaders & Team Suggestions became II. Main Leaders. 
    5/08/13 - II. Main Leaders updated for P&D Version 5.1.2. Started III. Specialized Team Leaders.
    5/09/13 - Continued revamping of hub for Version 2.0.
    5/21/13 - Small Directory changes. Slight hub update to optimize space.
    6/15/13 - Beginning Update for Version 3.0
    6/15/13 - Updated II. Main Leaders. Finished III. Specialized Team Leaders. Directory updated.
    6/16/13 - Began IV. Main Water Subs.
    6/17/13 - Finished IV. Main Water Subs.

3. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

MAIN LEADERS

FORTUNE DEITY LAKSHMI

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 2197
    • ATK: 1236
    • RCV: 660
    • TOTAL: 4093
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 1046
    • ATK: 824
    • RCV: 440
    • TOTAL: 2310
    Indian God

The first team lead we will discuss is the cute Indian God, Lakshmi. Although, she is overwhelmingly cute, she is just as strong. Lakshmi's strength can go head to head with the best of them. Out of the other main blue leads, only Hermes makes her attack look sub-par (but that's just because Hermes is exceptional strong and awesome.) However, Lakshmi's best stat quality is her maxed out RCV. She has the most recovery out of the 4 main blue leads and even has more than her Green counterpart Parvati and iconic Japanese God Amaterasu. In fact, Lakshmi even gives Siren a run for a her money in the RCV area. Lakshmi's leader skill only makes her that much more desirable. Lakshmi augments all 3 stats of water monsters by 1.5x. This gives her access to 3/3/1.5 for Water teams. This format is extremely balanced and with the right subs can take a few hits without having to worry you. Alas, she is not perfect, and many people prefer 2/4/2 format since 4x ATK is tempting. However, I believe that a balanced team is just as good and has perks of their own. Lakshmi's active skill is where she really falls short. In a game where nearly all the other water monsters have some sort of important or really useful skill, she doesn't. Her skill allows you to recover half the points you cause to opponents this turn. Water monsters always have ways of recovering health, so odds are you won't be worried. I could see some viability for it if the cooldown wasn't so high. At 25 CD, it's hard to use especially since she is the only monster in the game to have this skill. Reaching Max Skill level is nearly impossible but if achieved would knock CD by 10.

This monster as a sub: Lakshmi is a decent sub. Her nice attack stat makes her useful among the others however, her active skill is terrible in comparison to Gabriel and Siren. Consider using her as a sub if you don't have any other blue monsters and are replacing her as the lead with say, Gabriel or Hermes.

Spirit of Water Rapids: 1.5x ATK, HP, & RCV for Water Monsters.
    Magic-Draining Light: Recovers half the damage points you cause. (25 CD/15 CD)

Strengths: Weaknesses:
    • High RCV
    • Decent All-Around Stats
    • Balanced Leader Skill
    • Terrible Active Skill
    • Can't be used in 2/4/2 format
    • Least flexible out of all the other leaders (Not good as a sub)

IDUNN & IDUNNA, THE TWIN ARCHERS

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 2455
    • ATK: 1252
    • RCV: 529
    • TOTAL: 4236
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 966
    • ATK: 821
    • RCV: 346
    • TOTAL: 2133
    Norse God / Balanced

The infamous I&I, Twin Archers. They are without a doubt my favorite Mono-Water lead. I&I have the best stats out of all the other main water leaders, just barley beating out 6 star Gabriel. It's obvious that this duo is definitely dynamic. They have great HP and a wonderful Leader Skill which doubles their ATK & RCV in addition to all other water monsters on your team. They are one half of the 2/4/2 format team along with Hermes. Their stats are good enough that if you have another leader, you can put them on a team as a sub. Their active skill backs up this type of build as they enhances water type attacks for one turn by 1.5x which could come in handy in a pinch. However, they shine much brighter as leads.

This monster as a sub: Like mentioned above, I&I make a great sub on a mono blue team. They have great stats and a great active! Can't really ask for much more. Pairing them up with Hermes/Lakshmi leads will give you a greatly balanced team.

Grace of the Golden Apple: 2x ATK & RCV for Water & Balanced Monsters.
    Water Enhancement: 1.5x Water attribute attacks for a while (1 Turn.) (17 CD/12 CD)

• High HP
    • Best Water Leader Stats
    • Amazing Leader Skill
    • Can pull off 2/4/2 team format
    • Highly flexible
    • Dual Water Element (added damage)
    • Active Skill is great but has a high CD
    • Can be replaced as a lead by IDP

ICEDRAGON DEPTH PLESIOS

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 2195
    • ATK: 1156
    • RCV: 264
    • TOTAL: 3615
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 798
    • ATK: 429
    • RCV: 115
    • TOTAL: 1342
    Starter Dragon

Not much to say about this one. He isn't anything spectacular. Sure, he can do what I&I does but he doesn't excel at it. His active skill is just barely better than Lakshmi's since it's an actual damage inflicting move, but that doesn't mean much. On top of that he has some of the worst stats out of all monsters in this section; his attack is somewhat decent but is still inferior to the others. Plus nothing can make up for his laughable recovery (really, a ultimate blue monster that can't break 300 RCV.) So why would anyone use him when he can't even be a decent sub at a later point in the game? Simply because he is accessible. If you choose to, you can start with him and raise him into this big, underwhelming beast. He is easily outclassed by I&I though, so if you plan on IAPing, think about replacing him immediately because there will come a point where he can no longer get the job done... at least not easily.

This monster as a sub: I'll make this quick... Don't even attempt to put IDP as a sub unless you're running short on monsters.

Power of Icedragon: 2x ATK & RCV for Water Monsters.
    Blizzard Breath: Water attack of 20x your ATK (AOE.) (30 CD/10 CD)

• Easily Accessible. Can get him numerous ways in the game.
    • Can skill up easier than the gods (Still hard)
    • Amazing Leader Skill
    • Weakest main Mono-Blue leader
    • SHOULD be replaced by another blue leader
    • Requires lots of material to raise and evolve over the course of 5 stages, which could be used on other monsters

COMMERCE DEITY HERMES

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 1774
    • ATK: 1398
    • RCV: 164
    • TOTAL: 3336
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 739
    • ATK: 932
    • RCV: 91
    • TOTAL: 1762
    Greek God

Well lets jump into this one. Hermes is very interesting. In his current form, stage 2, his stat total is actually worse than IDP. I know, I even said that IDP's RCV was laughable but Hermes is worst. However, Hermes is still one of blue's most prized possessions. He boosts the highest attack stat out of all the other leaders, and this is not even in his ultimate form. This small boost is still worth it as, just like the last two, he has access to the 2/4/2 team format. 4x his already great attack is amazing! In addition he doubles HP which none of the aforementioned can. So while Hermes can't really hold his own if you're trying to do a double Hermes team, or what have you, his true powers lie in unity. Everyone running blue will want to be your friend, and you should definitely accept those blue friend requests as they WILL all benefit you in the long run. What makes Hermes so great though is his flexibility. He is the most flexible leader thus far. He has, my favorite and possibly, the best active skill which allows him to change Wood and Heart orbs to Water. When we get into team building, you'll see how useful this is. No matter where you want to put Hermes on your team, he can fit, and fit well.

This monster as a sub: Hermes makes a decent sub. Not the best, but much better than Lakshmi and IDP. His active makes him useful and he is best paired up in a Dual Gabriel team with a few other orb changers. However, Hermes is probably the best hard hitting blue lead and should probably stay in his comfort zone.

Grace of Commerce Deity: 2x ATK & HP for Water Monsters.
    Double Attack Stance-Wt: Changes Wood & Heal Orbs to Water Orbs. (16 CD/10 CD)

• Highest ATK
    • Great Flexibility
    • Amazing Leader Skill
    • Best Active Skill of a Main Water leader
    • Attracts Water friends
    • Can't reduce CD easily
    • Worst overall stats
    • Heavily relies on other water leaders for stat support

WATER DOMINION GABRIEL

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 2438
    • ATK: 1119
    • RCV: 603
    • TOTAL: 4160
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 975
    • ATK: 646
    • RCV: 402
    • TOTAL: 2023
    Biblical God

Gabriel, is the most unique leader out of the bunch. He's sort of an odd ball, but in the best way possible. He holds the second highest stat total out of all the other main water leaders, beating out everyone but the twins. Additionally, he is a rainbow monster, allowing himself to attack with water and light orbs. See, I told you he was different. However, he doesn't stop there. Gabriel also has one of the most useful orb changing active skills in the game. He turns light orbs into water, and dark into hearts. Coupled with blue's naturally resilient and high recover, one can guarantee an attack and heal all in the same turn. This makes him an excellent choice for a sub if you already have a preexisting blue leader. As a leader, himself, Gabriel is extremely defensive. He has the same stat augmentation as Bleu, increasing HP & RCV by 2x for all blue monsters. For some of the newer dungeons, this is extremely important and useful, plus his high stats makes Bleu near-obsolete and him the perfect candidate for a 1.5 mil exp boost. Not much else to say about him except that he is surly the hottest new addition to the blue pool of monsters.

This monster as a sub: By far the best monster to sub in this section. Incredibly versatile and has a great balanced active. If you don't need a tank team to grind out descend dungeons, Gab should always be a sub in your team if you have acesse to him. However, if he is your best lead, then he will do perfect there too.

Water Oracle: 2x HP & RCV for Water Monsters.
    Miracle of Ice: Changes Light Orbs to Water & Dark Orbs to Hearts. (13 CD/8 CD)

• Second Highest Stats
    • Most Flexible Leader
    • Great Defensive Leader Skill
    • Can pull off 4x HP or RCV team formats
    • Surly will attract Water friends
    • Can safely complete Descend Dungeons
    • Can't reduce CD easily
    • Lacks high ATK
    • Can be substituted with Snow Dome Dragon Bleu

4. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

SPECIALIZED TEAM LEADERS

DEMON VIPER OROCHI

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 2690
    • ATK: 1150
    • RCV: 222
    • TOTAL: 4062
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 1320
    • ATK: 793
    • RCV: 150
    • TOTAL: 2263
    Japanese God

Like the other Japanese Gods, Orochi finds himself with niche uses as a leader. He is the only monster capable of pulling of the special and oh-so popular Zombie team. His leader skill is responsible for this. As long as your HP is above 50%, you can't be OHKO'd which is useful, I suppose, but you'll mostly run into mobs of monsters on the first few rounds of dungeon meaning you'll likely get hit multiple times in the same turn; voiding the purpose of his ability. His best features are his stats and active skill, but we'll revisit this later. For the time being, a low HP team which has a hard time making it through the first few rounds is highly unstable. Oh, and did I say niche? He has his uses, and couples very well with Amaterasu or Siren, but that about it. Zombie teams should be avoided like the (zombie) plague. Get it? (It's laughable just like Zombie teams.)

This monster as a sub: Orochi makes a great sub for plenty of teams. You can easily pop him in on a mono blue team instead of a Water Mech or for that last sub spot. He makes a great sub on Egyptian and other Rainbow teams. Try placing him in your Dual Gabriel team next time you want to use tanks on a descend dungeon.

Perseverance: Can't be OHKO'd if HP >50%.
    Force: Delays enemy attacks by 5 turns. (25 CD/20 CD)

• Niche Uses
    • Decent All-Around Stats
    • Great Active Skill
    • Terrible, unstable team builds
    • Joke as a leader, better as a sub

SIREN, THE ENCHANTER

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 1311
    • ATK: 785
    • RCV: 691
    • TOTAL: 2787
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 690
    • ATK: 436
    • RCV: 432
    • TOTAL: 1558
    Healer

Siren is a great, flexible monster. She's pretty self-explanatory so I'll keep it brief. She has a lessor version of Ama-O's leader skill allowing her to heal you every time orbs of any color are matched. This means she can be a replacement for the aforementioned light God. But she doesn't make a good one. Her active skill makes her the go-to-girl of healing for water teams and it's easily maxed making her highly splashable.

This monster as a sub: Siren is the perfect sub on a blue team. Easy to skill up, makes sure you have access to recovery every 5 turns, and goes great with orb changer subs. Plenty of combinations when you have FKK, Sieg, Gab & Hermes on your team. She is essential if you fully want to control the board and, ultimately the course of the dungeon, which is blue's specialty after all.

Rondo of Healing: Heals 3x amount of RCV whenever orbs are matched.
    Guard Stance - Water: Changes Fire Orbs to Heal Orbs. (11 CD/5 CD)

• High RCV
    • Decent Leader Skill
    • Highly flexible
    • Great, easily reduced Active Skill
    • Not a great leader
    • Poor overall stats

CRYSTAL AURORA DRAGON & MEGALODRAN

[​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 3055
    • ATK: 1264
    • RCV: 202
    • TOTAL: 4521
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 1222
    • ATK: 903
    • RCV: 101
    • TOTAL: 2226
    V.S.
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 2194
    • ATK: 863
    • RCV: 310
    • TOTAL: 3367
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 593
    • ATK: 345
    • RCV: 155
    • TOTAL: 1093
    Resist Dragons

These are the two Water Resist dragons. They have their slight differences, like CAD having better stats and an offensive active skill while Megalodran has the same active skill as Siren but has a dual resist leader ability. Not much needs to be said about these two. They have their handful of uses, like with certain weekly dragon dungeons. Maybe they could even stand a chance against Hera-Is. No? Probably not. For the most part, these two won't see much action when you really start building your team and collection of monsters. Easily out classed by the Greek God Neptune.

These monsters as subs: Mega could definitely be a sub if you felt the need to incorporate him. He can take Sirens place if you see fit. CAD on the other hand, shouldn't be considered at all... I guess... unless you really have to use him.

Ice Barrier: Take 50% less damage from Water Monsters. Blizzard Ball: 20,000 Water Damage to All Enemies (AOE.) (15 CD/10 CD) Ice Flame Barrier: Take 50% less damage from Water & Fire Monsters. Guard Stance - Water: Changes Fire Orbs to Heal Orbs. (11 CD/5 CD)
    • Accessible. Can get either.
    • Good Active Skills
    • Resist Leader Skills
    • Sub friendly
    • Can be replaced by Neptune
    • SHOULD be replaced by mono blue team
    • Niche uses

UNDINE THE WATER ELEMENTAL

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 1005
    • ATK: 1193
    • RCV: 389
    • TOTAL: 2587
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 437
    • ATK: 497
    • RCV: 259
    • TOTAL: 1193
    Elemental

The Water Elemental... makes no sense as a leader outside of niche uses where you need a certain HP to meet a threshold. It's unfortunate that she lacks everything, but she does. If you have her, you'll probably find her in the depths of your box for quite a while. If you are trying to start out with her, then you definitely need to pair up with one of the Main leads, which would be hard at this point, and then immediately switch to IDP or one of the Gods. She is definitely not recommended at the moment. Maybe GungHo will revive the elemental series in a future update, but now is not the time to use her.

This monster as a sub: She makes a situation sub, but more sense as one. You could bring her into something like the Fire Skydragon's dungeon and bypass Fire damage for a little while which could definitely be helpful when paired with Siren or Megalodran. But you won't see her in your team much, when you really start to get into the game.

Grace of Water: 2.5x HP for Water Monsters.
    Water Rapids Field: Void all Fire damage for 3 turns. (20 CD/15 CD)

• Situational Active can be useful
    • OK Sub...
    • Terrible everything
    • Bad overall stats
    • Terrible leader compared to other monsters

AWOKEN DEITY ODIN

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 4281
    • ATK: 1191
    • RCV: 548
    • TOTAL: 6020
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 1946
    • ATK: 916
    • RCV: 274
    • TOTAL: 3136
    Norse God (Special)

The Blue version of the standard Odin. He is pretty sweet indeed. A badass design, and packing the highest stats in the game, I'd say rightfully so! As a leader you have access to many different combinations as he doesn't affect just Water monsters, but all Gods as well. He is known for giving blue teams 1/6.25/1 format for extremely high attack. Definitely a good lead if you're farming. Just make sure you bring along a Siren and a couple attack orb changers to ensure control of the board.

This monster as a sub: Odin makes a great sub, even better than he is as a leader in my opinion. He is a beatstick monster with his high stats, so he definitely out ranks Neptune and Orochi as subs if you aren't looking to use their situational actives. Plus his dark active attack makes taking down light monsters incredibly easy.

Rune of Fate: 2.5x ATK for God & Water Monsters.
    Diabolic Lance Gungnir: 50x your ATK Dark elemental damage to 1 monster. (17 CD/12 CD)

• Highest Stats in the Game!!!
    • Very Flexible
    • Nice Active Skill
    • Beatstick sub
    • Can't reduce CD easily
    • Huge Team Cost Weight

WATER DEITY HOLY ISIS

[​IMG]
    Level 99 Stats
    • HP: 3038
    • ATK: 1097
    • RCV: 603
    • TOTAL: 4738
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 1215
    • ATK: 731
    • RCV: 402
    • TOTAL: 2348
    Egyptian God

The beautiful Egyptian Deity Isis! One of my most favorite monster designs. She makes a great Rainbow team leader. She is incredible in any Tri Color dungeon as her leader skill allows her to have 9x attack when you match three colors. While she is more for rainbow teams, you very well can make a mono-blue variant of a rainbow team since rainbow monsters have recently gotten more support.

This monster as a sub: She is not the best sub, of course, out classed by Siren in the same vein as Lakshmi. However she has great stats and out ranks other monsters in the fight for a last sub.

Grace of the Nile: 3x ATK when 3+ Att. ATK at same time.
    Quick Heal: Heals 3x amount of RCV. (8 CD/3 CD)

• Very High Stats
    • Great Rainbow Leader
    • Slightly Flexible
    • Will attractfriends
    • Can't reduce CD easily
    • Niche Active Skill
    • Require rainbow subs

SNOW DOME DRAGON BLEU

[​IMG]
    Level 50 Stats
    • HP: 1225
    • ATK: 918
    • RCV: 220
    • TOTAL: 2363
    Level 1 Stats
    • HP: 777
    • ATK: 500
    • RCV: 100
    • TOTAL: 1377
    Enhance Material

Little bo... I mean dragon Bleu. He is definitely great to start off with. He outclasses IDP easily. He can do much of what Gab can, only not as well. It's possible to use the tank strategy with him and a Gabriel, if you don't have access to the latter. Whether you intend on collecting him, or feeding him to one of your other blue monsters, he is a great addition to any monster box.

This monster as a sub: Bleu is a great sub on a mono team. Decent enough stats for what he is, enhance material, and a nice auto maxed skill level active. He should be replaced when you can, but can enjoy being a team sub if needed.

Prayer in Holy Night-Wt: 2x HP & RCV for Water Monsters.
    Ice Gift: 30x your ATK Water elemental damage to 1 monster. (13 CD/MAX)

• Great Defensive Leader Skill
    • Can pull off 4x HP or RCV team formats
    • Will attract Water friends
    • Can possibly complete Descend Dungeons
    • Auto Max Skill Level
    • Can feed to a blue monster for 1.5 mil EXP!
    • Lacks Level Growth
    • Easily replaced by Gabriel

5. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

MAIN WATER SUBS

In this section the most important monsters of any mono-color team will be discussed... subs. Subs are the four monsters in which you put in your team in order to back up your leaders with stats and active skills. Blue subs are particularly interesting because they are so diverse and give access to many utility skills. Without sub monsters, once could not fair nearly as well in dungeons as they could with them. Most certainly the lynchpins of any team, prepare to dive into the pool of knowledge that are Main Water Subs.

[​IMG]

FENRIR KNIGHT KAMUI Mystic Knight
    The first main sub we will discuss is Fenrir Knight Kamui. He is the fully evolved form of that little guy, Mystic Ice Knight, the water member of the Mystic Knight series. Kamui, or FKK, changes Wood orbs into Water orbs every nine turns or less if you can skill him up. This is great because there are no ways to guarantee that you'll have a water orb on the board at any given time. But with him, and other orb changers, you can have some say in the matter. Orb changers are the core part of Mono Colored teams, so you'll definitely need to include him. His stats are sub par compared to the others, but his active skill is unique. He also can't easily be skill up as the only Mystic Knight to not have a special Survey Dungeon. Alas, you'll still want to get him if you plan on running Mono Water seriously, especially since he is farmable occasionally.

Roar of Fenrir: 2.5x Attack for Balanced Type Allies.
    Water Orb Change: Changes Wood orbs to Water. (9 CD/5 CD)

SEA DEITY NEPTUNE Roman God / Physical / Devil
    Here we have the Roman God Neptune. Neptune gives water access to Poison with his active skill, Hydra's Poison. Hydra's Poison isn't any ol' poison, it's the strongest poison skill in the game. See I told you that water has nearly all top tier skills and does them better than all the other colors. That being said, Hydra's Poison still does have a larger cool down than the poison attack of Lillith, and doesn't have any way of being skilled up. However, that's okay since you won't have to try and survive just to give the poison time to work on higher level monsters. Unlike Lillith, Neptune can easily take most monsters down with his poison.

Additionally, Neptune has great stats and tank-like HP. He should be included on any team that is lacking in the stats department, or those that are underdeveloped. You won't find yourself using poison much until you get into those upper tier normal stages or in descends like Hera. But rest assured that you should call on him if you need a poisoner. He also has a nice resist leader ability that can easily replace CAD like mentioned in the last section. This brings me to my next point...

Being a Roman God, Neptune has the ability to choose one of two paths. You can choose to evolve him into a Dual colored Water/Light monster or send him into the abyss to come back as an ass-kicking Water/Dark monster. Both have their pros, but the latter really doesn't have many cons. The Light Heaven Neptune gains a Physical sub typing, which really doesn't have much support. However, he is still a light monster and if you plan on running a light team, this could come in handy. The Abyss Neptune is a fan favorite. He gains that dark coloring and even a Devil sub typing. Both of which have immense support in comparison to the former. I'd definitely recommend the Dark Abyss Neptune if you have any dark monsters, or just don't have any light monsters. You'll find him much more useful in the long way this way.

Barrier of Holy Ocean / Ice Demon Barrier: Half the damage from Water & Light or Water & Dark monsters respectively.
    Hydra's Poison: Poison Damage of 5x ATK after every Orbs Elmination. (20 CD/15 CD)

WATER MECH WARRIOR MIDGARD Mech
    This guy is a true tank. He makes Neptune's HP look like a King Bubblie in comparison. However, he doesn't even break 1000 ATK at max level and his recovery is as bad as a Fire monster. But if you're trying to tank hits, add him to your team and just make sure you have a Siren to make up for his terrible recovery. He could definitely help with HP thresholds if used with Bleu or Gab, but other than being on a tank team he has "niche" uses. His active skill is common and can easily be skilled up. At max skill level you can reduce the damage you take by 50% which is basically a sub version of all those resist leads. However, it only last for 3 turns, but reduces damage of all colors. This means you'll have at least 12 down turns without halved damage. If you have him and are just starting out, he should definitely be included in your team. Once you've gotten to a certain point, I'm sure you'll come to the conclusion that you will no longer need him. Still he makes for an interesting sub choice even when on one of the specialized teams. If you don't plan on in app purchasing, you can always farm him. Likewise, Keeper of Blue can take his place if you need him for whatever reason.

Freeze Counter: 25% chance of countering x10 Damage Taken with Water.
    Defensive Stance: Reduce 50% Damage for 3 turns. (20 CD/15 CD)

SEA DEVIL KRAKEN Mythical Beast / Devil
    The Sea Devil Kraken, man or girl? It's currently pretty rare to obtain, but will really help enhance the raw attack power of a Water team. Nice HP and great ATK plus an active skill that rivals that of I&I. Kraken, like the other Mythical Beast, have an orb enhancing ability that augments the strength of water with each orb for a turn. This is amazing with an AOE, especially on bosses. Kraken pairs very nicely with Orb Changers like Sieg, Hermes and Gab and will surely bring more cohesion to any water team, if you can first find one in a special water dungeon run.

N/A: This monster has no leader skill and thus should never be a team leader.
    Enhanced Water Orbs: Enhance Water Attribute Orbs. (15 CD/10 CD)

BLUE WIND NINJA HATSUME Sengoku / Healer
    The ever so stealthy ninja of wind, Ms. Hatsume. She may be even harder to obtain than Kraken as like the other ninjas, she only comes from the REM and Ninja REM events seldom happen. However elusive she is, Hatsume is just as great. Another orb changer for your team, if you don't like having all subs being orb changers, she should definitely trump FKK. Better HP and RCV, she only is beaten out by him in ATK and only slightly at that. Plus since the arrival of the Sengoku Dragon Dungeons, you can skill her up, which you still can't do easily for FKK. Nice stats, great design and skillup-able? As if she wasn't the whole package, she is also a healer making her very flexible and able to splash into more than one team.

Ninja's Breathing Secret: 1.5x ATK, HP & RCV for Healers.
    Ninja Trick Dk to Wt: Changes Dark Orbs to Water. (9 CD/5 CD)

AWOKEN HERA-IS Greek God (Special) / Devil
    Hera-Is, the monster that changed blue teams forever. Only one of three colors to have gotten a monster with Gravity active skill, Hera-Is is the epitome of flexible, versatile, and... well... just pure greatness. When subbed, she allows you to reduce the monsters current health by 30%. This makes her very strong and capable of shortening the time of completing dungeons sharply. She makes sense on any blue team, however she really shines bright on a Gabriel tank team. Her already 3k breaking HP, when quad-ed, adds to the stability of the team build. One of the drawbacks to tank teams are how slow they progress through dungeons over all other teams, but with her you will have a much more time friendly experience dungeon grinding.

If we ever get her here in the US, make sure to pick up a couple of her. You can't really have too many Hera-Is' but two should be enough. Amazing stats and an active skill are only made better by the fact that she also has a dark sub attribute. This means she can attack whenever you match dark orbs as well. This slightly gives water even more advantages over monsters like Zeus or Valk descends. She also has a leader ability which raises dark monsters attacks by over double it's base power. Alas, it doesn't benefit water at all, and so she should just remain a sub. If you ever wonder who should be on the receiving end of your Blue Pengdras or +Eggs look no further than her.

Power of Pitch-Black: 2.5x ATK for Dark Monsters.
    Ultra Gravity: Reduce enemies' HP by 30%. (30 CD/15 CD)

EARTH-RENDING EMPEROR SIEGFRIED Heartbreaker / Physical
    Last but not least, we have water's very own beast, the heartbreak, Emperor Siegfried. One of my favorite monsters, he is amazing. With a better stat total than Hera-Is, he rivals that of Blue Odin. He is also an orb changer, turning hearts into water. Like all other orb changers, he is worth chasing. However he is the best of all singular changers and thus you should always have him in your mono blue team. He is not so hard to get, his dungeon, Two Heroes, just happens to appear randomly. If you're serious about your water team, you'd do that dungeon as many times as it takes to get him as he is vital for higher level team building, especially if you don't plan on stone purchasing.

He is also easy to skill up with the monster named Marin which appears in the Poring Tower collaboration dungeon. At max skill level you can change hearts to water every 5 turns. This makes him best paired with a max skilled Siren or Megalodran, all of which take little effort to skill. Having the ability to ensure water orbs every 5 turns adds to the control of your team as well as the raw power your able to dish out. Definitely consider running him in a team with all other orb changers and/or water enhancers for maximum control.

Additionally, Sieg has a wicked leader skill that triples the attack of Physical typed monsters. This gives him the ability to make some awesome rainbow teams with fire and light monsters. While it's not mono-blue, they are worth mentioning as this shows just how flexible a monster he is. He also is half fire attribute, so he can possibly fit on a fire team if you wanted to boost stats. Back on mono blue teams, with Hera-Is, Gabriel and Neptune you can do damage with all orbs except wood, which means rainbow-blue teams are definitely becoming possible, with Isis. No matter what team you want to make, Sieg surely has something to offer you.

Bloody Kaiser: 3x ATK for Physical Monsters.
    Attack Stance - Water: Changes Heal Orbs to Water. (11 CD/5 CD)

OUTLINE Stats & More
    Now that you know a little bit more about each of our main subs, it's time to view their stats and general uses in a team. This section is best if you're already familiar with the game and blue monsters. If not, I'd suggest reading about the subs above before proceeding here, to ensure that you have the best experience understanding. All stats are in HP/ATK/RCV = Total format when monsters are at max level. (Lv. 99)

Orb Changer Good for Control Decent Stats 2037/1253/326 = 3616 Best Poisoner Resist Lead Split Color Evolutions Better as Dark/Devil Tank Stats 3102/1451/467 = 5020 Best HP Tank Monster Pairs with Gabriel or Bleu Temporary Sub 5107/ 896/8 = 6011 Orb Enhancers Great Attack Raw Power Rare Spawn 2211/1629/-100 = 3740
    Orb Changer REM Only Skillup Able Healer Subtype 2129/1105/678 = 3912 Extremely Strong Gravity Active Skill Dark & Devil Typing Flexible Team Sub 3504/1234/428 = 5166 Extremely Strong Orb Changer Pairs with Heartmaker Fire & Physical Typing Flexible All-Around 4119/1309/129 = 5557
    [/table]

6. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

7. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

8. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

9. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

TEAM BUILDING (CONT.)

DIRECTORY
    Here's a HELPFUL and ORIGINAL feature made just for water friends. Post or PM in order to be added to this directory, which will serve as a hub for all people playing Mono-Blue. Just fill out the form below and you'll be added for everyone else to see, as soon as possible. Viewers can see what water monsters you have to offer, in addition to what friends you want most. Don't play Mono-Blue often but want to be included anyway? Go a head and send in a request as others can now see how often you use water teams with the Priority field. Enjoy our PREMIER matchmaking services + send in your request today!

Code:
    [b]Name[/b]: Forum / In Game
    [b]ID[/b]: Your P&D 9-digit in game ID goes here.
    [b]Leader[/b]: This should be a Mono-Blue leader. Please use the monsters number or full name.
    [b]Alts[/b]: This should be other blue alternative leaders that you may run. You can include up to two and they don't have to be just for mono-blue. (i.e. Isis, Orochi) Please use the monsters number or full name.
    [b]Priority[/b]: How often do you play Mono-Blue on a scale of 1 - 3 with 1 being your absolute main? If you change constantly without any main team put "Random" or if you will change to your blue leader when requested put "On Request."
    [b]Matchmaking[/b]: List up to 2 different monsters you're looking for as friends. This should be any blue monster you want for friends. Additional if your friends list is full or if you're not looking for an friends at this time, you can put "Closed" and have this updated at anytime.
    [b]Comments[/b]: Optional. Place any comments or concerns here. (i.e. May switch leaders to other colors occasionally, etc.)
    Forum Name In-Game Name ID Number Leaders Priority Matchmaking Comments
    Kiyo Kiyo 347,649,238 On Request Closed Friends list full + Can offer anything in sig.
    Havok HavoK@PF 344,140,219 First Occasionally Valk + Lakshmi friends welcome.
    IronH Cloud @PF 304,642,265 First Closed May switch leads.
    runes01 runes01 394,547,247 First Closed I&I ready + On Request.
    ijack1286 ijack1286 386,144,224 Unknown Occasionally Valk.
    PhantomForteGS Forte@PF 302,334,288 First Closed Occasionally Awoken Odin + Other situational leads.
    TannerMS Tanner@PAF 392,245,259 Unknown Unknown Occasionally Amaterasu Ohkami + Resist.
    kyrs.isley kysk @pg 320,640,247 Second Occasionally Isis + I&I or Blue Odin on request.
    Xirtas Xirt@PF 323,640,227 Second Only adds @PF players.
    Midnight08 ReyT@PG*PF 304,140,231 Second Occasionally Dark + Isis.
    rufus rufus@pf 310,742,276 First 60% Water / 40% Light User.
    gutsssu guts 392,842,294 First Water all the way.
    Tris Tris 353,152,203 First Occasionally A. Odin + Other situational leads.
    risend risend@PF 362,258,201 First Occasionally Archangel Lucifer.
    Murlocks murlocks@PF 370,942,269 First Occasionally ADK for farming.
    Glowcat Glowcat@PF 360,243,211 First Occasionally Dark + Resists.
    Ta||onSS Ta||onSS 339,833,289 On Request Mostly Water + Plenty of other leads on request.
    trestan Aether@PG 325,849,277 Third Full time blue team.
    maya maya@PF 390,940,295 First Occasionally Vamp.

10. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

DIRECTORY (CONT.)

Forum Name In-Game Name ID Number Leaders Priority Matchmaking Comments
    das989 das989@pf 363,948,289 First Occasionally Wood + Dark.
    15 Lonely Jackalopes Ben 15LJ 385,638,294 First Closed Occasionally Parvati, Ra + Shaitan.
    darrenalilim 那個@PGF 333,842,209 First Occasionally Vritra + FDP
    Nonok Nonok@PF 392,159,206 First -----
    hotdiabling 홍길동 @PF 336,555,221 First Newer Player.
    reenon reen@PF 342,653,200 On Request Newer Player.
    Heil Heil 377,447,280 First 50% Water / 50% Dark User.
    calorie calorie@PF 393,353,207 First -----
    Superpeon gcv@PF 372,250,206 Second 50% Water / 50% Dark User + Lucifer or Loki on request.
    Elysias maleran@PF 333,141,272 On Request Occasionally other colors + Additional leads in sig.
    sluttysteve Bang@PF 377,055,242 First Newer player.
    dolee dolee 398,459,201 Random -----
    Aikage aikage@PF 358,554,204 First -----
    Smoogy SmoogyPA/F 376,540,262 Second Mostly Fire but working on Lakshmi & Blue Odin.

11. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

I won't say a word to anyone else... because your Artemis helped me get a Dub-Mythlit! :D

12. Zefa

Zefa New Member

Looking through the guides, it seems to me that Blue his hands down the best mono color of all the colors.

Red has Echidna but blue one up's it in Orochi.
    It's got the best active healer in Siren
    Neptune is the best poison/anti armor
    It's got Hera-Is for gravity
    It's got blue odin for a huge stat stick/2.5x leader
    Even its ninja orb changer can act like a leader for healer/valk teams unlike the other less useful ninjas' leader abilities.

Talk about having it all.

13. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

Ya Blue = Playing the Game on Easy Mode

14. ThatGuy

ThatGuy New Member

Nice job Kiyo! I was waiting for someone to make a mono-blue thread when I noticed people were working on mono-green and red.

Well, since this is still a work in progress, I can offer what little knowledge and feedback I know of mono-blue teams :p

15. Md95678

Md95678 New Member

Been waiting for this one!

16. Kiyo

Kiyo ANTI

@Nite - glad she could help! :)
    @Zefa - yup, that about sums it up!
    @ThatGuy & Md - thanks guys, glad you like it and welcome!

17. Marty

Marty Meow?

Looks awesome Kiyo! Can't wait to see it all get fleshed out.

18. Zera

Zera New Member

Those guys in my sig are getting restless and need moar info!!!!

19. Trix

Trix New Member

I know you try to expose your water team, Zera. But your sig barely does it on my screen :-/

20. Zera

Zera New Member

Meh, I'll have to shrink them. I'll work on it tomorrow.