[Team Building] Mono-Blue Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Kiyo, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    His prongs seem great for You Yu as well, who is obtainable by anyone. I like him as a sub. Remember that some dungoens will still be designed short, where it's better to have his active up quicker. And his damage is no joke when at 297.

2. Ryan Frisvold

Ryan Frisvold Member

User ID:
    NerfNugget
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey, so I used to play this game a long time ago and am just coming back to it. I used to run red teams but I realized I have a ton of good Blue monsters (I&I, Lakshmi, Hermes, Gabriel, Sig, and Neptune) and should probably build a really good Blue team. I am working on them now and will likely be running I&I and Hermes leads but I need some Blue friends to pair up with. If you run Blue teams and would like to help me out, my ID is 313,435,311 and I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ryan

3. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    Little help guys. I have awoken Karin and Ryune for a NeptDra team. Which is actually better in a vaccum, if we assume I cannot run both?

Karin has slightly better Weighted stats, and the weight goes to HP where it is needed and RCV which gets neptunes multiplier
    Karin has a 1 turn lower cooldown
    Karin also has more awakenings, and while not specifically better they can be

Ryunes active is 100% on "color", in that it does not give you green like Karin and instead of hearts
    Ryune has more aggressive awakenings, in that she can hybrid TPAs for orb conservation on some floors.

Leaning towards Karin but if someone could tell me why I am wrong I would love to hear it.

4. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    From my experience, the difference between a good team and a really good team depends on the synergy between your subs. All else being equal, they're both fantastic subs and there isn't clear winner (although I'm about to argue for Ryune). Depending on your total sbr and skill boosts, there are dungeons where you'll want Karin either to get the drop on your enemy in the first round or to protect yourself from skill binds. But with the exception of those situations, Ryune is arguably better because of both A) orb conservation and B) heart-making. Sooner or later you will be heart-trolled and it can cost you winning a dungeon, so I always like to have as many heart-makers as possible on a team. Ryune also has more good options for creating a 2:1 water board for big bursts: Hermes can combo with both Ryune and Karin, Fenrir combos well with Karin (but kind of sucks if you have alternatives), hatsume and Amberjack combo with both (but hatsume and Ryune give a better board than Hatsume and Karin), and BValk and Siegfried break Ryune's hearts. So Ryune also plays well with more subs. As for the orb conservation...on hero-style leads like NepDra, conserving orbs and actives is really important because your damage critically depends on it. To make matters worse, with dual NepDra leads 2/6 monsters can't even make water orbs, which places an even higher premium on orb management (further favoring Ryune).

5. awanger

awanger Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    so quite the recent events; i've recently been lamenting my Blonia teams inability to keep up with my Shiva teams in overall dungeon clearing ability. the stupid LS and awakening (4 orbs/rows?!) make it hard to pick subs. this past godfest i was really pulling for +eggs for my yomi teams and got (among nothing else notable):
    I&I
    scheat.

now with my relevant blue subs I&I seems to be the better leader for me to hypermax than blonia.
    blonia x 2
    andromeda
    blOdin
    nut
    orochi
    karin
    hermes
    sunquan
    snow white, neptune x2, amberjack (max skilled but mid evo), fenrir, siren etc.

right now my team is set up for rows (B/L hermes; awoken karin) but with scheat and I&I leading i'll happily switch to TPA. i've got plenty of orb changers, SBR subs, utility subs seems like blue could be a team worth pentamaxing yes? (still wish blonia would get tpas...)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  6. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    It isn't exactly 4, it is 4+ so you're definitely better off going rows
    A.I&I/A.Hermes/Andromeda/Blonia/Karin/Ryune friend
    You could also lead with Blonia but you would have to evolve Hermes into B/L. Pair with another blonia for that

7. awanger

awanger Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    sorry i should have been more clear yes i know it's 4+ connected blue orbs. still when i use Blonda to lead and run w/ max rows i consistently underperform compared to my shiva.

my question is: now that i've got I&I to lead (instead of blonia; thus opening blue sub pool) is it more worth while for me to run a blue TPA team or blue row team?

if the consensus is that blue row > blue TPA then that's fine...i've already come to the conclusion that my blue row team(s) aren't priority to pentamax compared to my shiva or yomidra team.

8. Lysergic

Lysergic Member

PADherder:
    link
    ive been thinking about making a blue team for a while now but im not sure who to lead with and which subs would be optimal. i just pulled my second skuld this past gf which has got me further thinking. i think i have a decent blue pool that i have yet to really utilize. im guessing my best lead is either skuld or sumire. any help is appreciated!

edit - beast rider
    claymore x2
    a. karin
    karin
    andromeda
    gabriel
    sarasvati x2
    leviathan
    sadalmelik
    skuld x2
    u&y
    b/g sun quan
    non evo'd sun quan x2 - plan on making one of these awoken
    alrescha
    sumire
    kraken rider
    neptune x2
    ruka
    mori motonari
    i&i
    berry dragon
    chrono turtule
    undine (lol)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  9. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    I think you're running Blonia wrong. I don't know why you're so obsessed with TPA but that is not how she plays. Look at the 14x multiplier (I&I as well). You can't just expect her to have the same consistent damage as your A.Shiva team. Blonia is a better lead than him because she is capable of hitting 30k or 35k hp on her team while having the ability to heal to full in one heart match, making her really good at stalling. I&I/Ryune have 50k hp (up to 60k) and very high RCV. It allows you to stall well in long dungeons like Arena and you can't expect it to be as fast as Shiva. They are more consistent because something like DQ Hera just knocks Shiva dead, he can't stall a single turn on Beelzebub, stalling on Kali is much more stressful, etc. You have to play tanky rows by stalling for skills, bursting, then stalling again. The benefit of rows is the multiplicative effect. You get another bonus for each row you match, so on a flooded board Blonia or I&I can still hit very high levels of damage. This requires multiple actives, but like I said, they have defensive multipliers that allow them to stall for skills in most places.

Anyways, whether you invest in your blue team or not is up to you, Yomidra takes care of Arena very fast with the right subs and I&I/Ryune and Blonia teams aren't as good as they used to be.

I think Sumire is your best blue lead right now. She is the best in dupes, but can still function without them. Skuld is pretty good for farming or you could pair with You Yu.

Sumire/Skuld/Andromeda/flex/flex/Sumire
    Probably 2nd Skuld and Gabriel can go in flex but whatever utility you need for the dungeon can go there too. Kraken Rider isn't too bad either but probably a pain to skill up.

Another lead you can try is Awoken Sun Quan. Pair with Awoken Hermes. There was a recent buff in Japan that made both their attack multipliers higher (assuming the Balboa and Persephone buff applied to Hermes as well) making it a 2/24/1 team without using a skill and 2/48/2 with one which is fairly powerful.

Awoken Sun Quan/Gabriel/Mori/Alrescha/?/Awoken Hermes
    I don't know if you have Marine Rider or Beast Rider but if it's the latter he can go in the team (Marine Rider is the green one) Otherwise just put something with a short cooldown like Claymore in the last slot. Urd if you have her (yes the fire one)

Ryan Frisvold and Lysergic like this.
  10. Ryan Frisvold

Ryan Frisvold Member

User ID:
    NerfNugget
    PADherder:
    link
    Lysergic, I agree with Graps about the A.I&I/Ryune Team. He walked me through my team and I have been super happy with it so far. They have far more than enough burst to OHKO anyone and I don't even have the team done yet. I'm running A.I&I, Gabriel, A. Hermes, Andromeda, Flex, Ryune. The flex in that team right now is usually an un ultimate evolved Neptune only because I haven't built up my Karin yet who will likely be taking over that spot semi permanently. I've attached a picture of what my very incomplete team can do at this point damage wise when I use Ryune/A.Hermes/AI&I skills together. Just imagine how much more it could do when they are all complete and Karin is in the team as well
    . IMG_0606.PNG

11. diz

diz Active Member

What did you do to make this happen?

12. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Under normal circumstances, I&I/Ryune cannot burst nearly that high. There was most likely a lot of skyfall involved, but using a 2/3 board + I&I burst will usually result in everyone dealing 2-3 million damage, not 6-7

13. Ryan Frisvold

Ryan Frisvold Member

User ID:
    NerfNugget
    PADherder:
    link
    If I get a perfect board of of 18 blue and 12 dark I usually get between 4-5 mil. per card (except Neptune because he is only like level 61 and only in second evolution...). That one did get a couple of skyfalls which is more common when you pop Hermes for the improved blue skyfall rate.

I would agree with Graps though. More often than not I only get 10 dark orbs meaning I can't make three rows and can only get one. Even with that though each card gets between 2-3 mil without any skyfall which results in about 13 mil total which is more than enough to OHKO most end bosses in dungeons.

14. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    you can still do 3 rows with 10 darks:
    :water::water::water::water::water::water:
    :dark::water::water::dark::dark::water:
    :dark::dark::dark::water::water::dark:
    :water::water::water::water::water::water:
    :water::water::dark::dark::dark::water:

15. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    There are ways to get perfect boards as long as you have 10-12 offcolour orbs, not just the obvious solution in 12
    http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=6iTKhJ2
    Jammer is optional, heart in bottom left corner also optional. 10-12.

16. Ryan Frisvold

Ryan Frisvold Member

User ID:
    NerfNugget
    PADherder:
    link
    AH! I clearly have much to learn still....

17. hannibal

hannibal Blue Heart Makers <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey could I ask you guys/gals for help, on how my A.Lakshmi is coming along, and subs I still need?

18. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    Looking at your padherder, I was about to make a few suggestions but realized you don't really have many options right now. Scheat needs to go, she really doesn't contribute anything. Sarasvati isn't a great sub either but she can stay for now. I'd say farm up an Amberjack for sure to replace Scheat. Maybe Toa could replace Sarasvati but with her super ult coming out in the following weeks, she gains 2 rows which isn't bad at all.

-------------------------------------------
    This thread seems really inactive compared to the other mono-colour threads, and as a general question to those who actually follow it, is there any way we could get those original posts updated? They seem super outdated and I woudn't mind helping out with writing a guide up.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Reine likes this.
  19. hannibal

hannibal Blue Heart Makers <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks! And yeah Scheat is just kinda there as a place holder, also ill get started on Amberjack next time we have a plus3 skill up event. But do you think Eight-Headed Orochi would be a decent sub too, since it has the 2 rows and skill boosts?

20. diz

diz Active Member

So I am still work Ing on my Sumire team. I am currious about the 5 team member.
    Sumire/Sumire/Sumire, AIsis (with AHaku/AKarin), XXX will be my team. Unfortunately I do not have Any blue heartmaker sitting i my box. Any advice for the missing spot?