[Team Building] Mono-Light Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by MisterDrgn, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

I'm helping my girlfriend make a team, and I'm trying to decide between these two teams. I'm leaning towards one of them already, but I would like to hear some outside opinions. Which team would you guys prefer to invest in?

or

Thanks.

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    ADQXQ will deal more damage for less effort.

That's a pretty cool Bastet team, tho. Any reason she can't run both?

3. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

@MisterDrgn Well, she can. But we're deciding where she should put her +eggs.

4. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    @MisterDrgn is right, the "real" Bastet team is lousy with Time Extends, that light version team, while packing considerable muscle will probably have a lot of problems hitting the combo threshold.

5. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    People mostly don't run the "real" Bastet team anymore anyway.

EDIT: Well, I do have several Bastet friends up right now, so that isn't fair. But she's largely fallen out of favor because 36x isn't what it used to be, even with TPAs.

6. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Which makes L.Bastet a worse version of an outdated team ;)

MisterDrgn likes this.
  7. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

I still run A.Bastet. =(

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Hey, respect to anyone who does. I don't have the energy to churn out those combos turn after turn.

I mean, from your sig, you obviously like to work for your multiplier, and you're likely a much better combo-er than I. But you could probably just AAstaroth everything.

9. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

Bro, I'm terribad with Astaroth. The lack of TE kills me when I have to make rows.

As sad as it is, you guys are probably right to say ABastet is past her prime and LBastet just came in way too late. They can still clear 98% of the content - I do have trouble clearing some of the special Lv1 dungeons like Scarlet and I don't think I can even touch Mech-Hera/Zeus. I feel confident with Arena 1,but I just use RaDra. But I think I'm safe to say that ADQXQ might be able to clear what LBastet can clear and more?

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah agreed.

11. nocutename

nocutename I still stink after 1100 days but I am still here.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi, Someone over on the green forum told me to think about Xiu Min purchase. I guess I have OK amount of light cards. Nothing like what everyone else has or what seems to be the common core team cards. I am normally not lucky enough to get those. Is there a link to this monster's guide or any post about this card?

The forum search comes up empty because of the name being too short. Doesn;t make any sense to me. I even tried putting the name in quotes. How does Xiu Min to the farmable Miru? I kinda wonder if a 300k purchase is worth it when a super strong farmable leader is heading our way.

12. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I wouldn't recommend buying Xiu Min--way too much effort for the amount of damage output (e.g., compared to You Yu/Bamboo). You aren't seeing a discussion because people just aren't that interested. Miru, on the other hand, is awesome.

That said, I'm sure some people will buy Xiu Min and have fun with it.

13. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @MisterDrgn That is what I am wondering too. I haven't heard a peep about the light Gentleman. My water team would not be SLR so You Yu doesn't make sense. I already tried switching over to Lakshmi as a viable leader but cannot because of the lack of SLR. As usually I am still in the lurk for a uber leader. Thanks.

Can you link the dungeon Miru drops from? I am wondering how difficult it will be to obtain her. I started slowly working on the uevo mats this past two weeks.

14. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=2150

It's pretty tough, but she's a 100% drop at either difficulty.

15. T-Money

T-Money Well-Known Member

That's funny, I was just going to ask if anyone was still planning on making and running Miru! I just finished accumulating the ridiculous Evolution Materials, so I'm ready to go! Anybody else in?

16. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

I think I'll be making a Miru team also. She looks really fun. But I dunno if I should go row or TPA focused, or hybrid?

I have:
    2x Apoc
    2x DQXQ
    3x Indra
    4x Wukong
    1x Light Akechi
    1x Light Satsuki

I haven't played this style before so I'm not sure if rows are easier to make or if TPAs are the way to go in terms of both difficulty and damage. I haven't done my research yet.

Edit: It seems like you just do rows when you can and TPA the rest since most subs have rows and TPAs. Now to decide how to put my team together. I don't have a Saria so Apoc will have to do. I can bi-color board combo with Apoc+DQXQ, but not with Wukong or Light Akechi. I'm thinking maybe Miru / Wukong / ADQXQ / Apoc / Flex (or another Apoc) / Miru?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  17. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    If you're able to play multiplayer, it removes a little of the SDR pressure since they are shared between both teams, like Skill Boosts.

18. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yup, rows for burst. A bit of TPA is fine, but that isn't how you kill the toughest enemies.

Apoc + DQXQ is really good. So good that you could even consider running two of each, imho. Or maybe inherit one of those actives onto your Miru.

Akechi is great with Saria but not so good otherwise (I mean still good, but maybe not the best option). Wukong is fine--a solid body with his awoken skills, even if the active lacks synergy with other subs.

19. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks but I am not going to make a monster purchase based on a part of the game that gives me little enjoyment. I really don't care for Cooping. Takes FOREVER to find a partner. Never know what they are going to do. Even scheduling sucks because, well life happens.

20. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    Fair enough. You are certainly not alone in that sentiment.

nocutename likes this.