[Team Building] Mono-Light Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by MisterDrgn, Apr 23, 2013.

1. recife

recife Well-Known Member

the prejudice! i kid... pretty sure she can't take the harder content anymore, but i DID see an Arena 1 clear with her recently.

@Kurii i run ABastet too, but i will be swapping over to LBastet when she is hyper. tell your girlfriend to add me if she sticks with LBastet. for those particular team options you offered tho, i'm not feeling it. too much heartbreaking going there. maybe inherit one of those minivalks into LBastet and replace her with a something more tanky or utility. ADQXQ would be good (as a sub i mean) for extra TE and heartmaking/board clearing (in this sense, might as well start hypering ADQXQ team for 3 of LBastet's subs...).

i'm trying to balance my LBastet team like i balance my ABastet team, no need to go crazy on the damage (i swap in a triple pronger when necessary). carry a couple heartmakers (Verd and Perseus), Mei Mei because she is great, and have a flex slot (normally Osiris). so for LBastet i will be running Apocalypse and DQ for the heartmaking (and prongs after Apoc uevo), and 2 flex (Apoc covers Mei Mei position and Verd heartmaking). got mini valk, AApollo, Ariel, Kanna if i need more burst. will be making Orpharion (probably fixed when i do). there are actually too many option for the team... bride LIza, AIndra (once we get him), ASakuya or AAma for binds, Yuna, heck, even ARa or RaDra for extra TE with proper inheritance...
    Linka is looking pretty good to me now. something like LBastet, Apoc, DQ, AIndra, Linka should leave me with the same amount of TEs i have on ABastet team. and after so much practice i hardly ever need that much anymore.

@HeartlessIndigo about AIndra on RaDra, i was on the same boat, but getting LBastet made me want to swap his evo. you see, with 2x TPAs he will deal the same amount of damage (granted that you are matching light TPAs) as god Indra. RCV will suffer a bit but you get 700 HP instead, extra time (great because imma inherit dark gemstone on my RaDra for the huehues), and an arguably better active.

2. recife

recife Well-Known Member

i am so hyped about LBastet that i forgot what i came here for lol
    is there any other reason to get Gadius except as Miru's sub (no one ever gonna run him as lead, even tho i would). i can and want to buy him because the card itself is pretty good and has a lot of potential on future teams (i guess?), but i can't justify the purchase only for Miru's sake (i also got LAkechi) when i can achieve a similar effect with Apocalypse + DQ.

3. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I ended up buying him because I'm getting lots of MP these days and I didn't have another good MP target. Overall I'd want him less if I had Apoc. However, his stats/awoken skills make a nice body on the team, and there's room to bring two of those big combos, especially with skill inheritance. (Reco seems to run LGadius on his Miru team, tho I think he inherits Saria or something on it.)

If you buy him, I'd be happy to mess around with running LGadius teams with you, but yeah, that certainly isn't a reason to buy him.

4. recife

recife Well-Known Member

good (?) thing i didn't read this post earlier or i would've gone for it. :/ had a pretty hectic day so it was nowhere in my mind. i dunno, it is just one of those things that i feel im gonna regret later on... well, maybe next time!

now i can seriously consider buying Linka, tho. bride gacha gave me more than enough MP...

5. ATrain

ATrain Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I plan on running Miru and wanted to know what you all thought about my team options. Putting all of my best Miru subs (Apoc, DQXQ, Saria, June Gadius) on the team gives me 80% SLR, so for solo dungeons with skill bind, either Saria or Gadius has to go. Probably Saria.

Others I'm considering:
    1. Moogle for the even more consistent heart making and awakenings to resist all things annoying. Good inherit target for Indra (Arena only) or chibi DQXQ
    2. Baal - Extra rows, makes light orbs without breaking hearts, could inherit a bind clear active to use in case there are not enough hearts for a row and cross
    3. Ama - Easy bind clear
    4. Ilm - Strong active, but only usable on floors without preemptive or in conjunction with Miru Active

Which do you think I should use for most dungeons?

6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I think Saria is great for people with Light Akechi and a bit less exciting otherwise (certainly not bad, esp. with haste).

Ilm's active combos nicely with Miru--or with DQ in a pinch. And it's nice to have something to go with the Miru active, unless you're just using it to stall (or using skill inheritance on Miru). I'm definitely considering running Ilm, tho my options are a bit more limited.

Apoc + DQ is awesome. LGadius + DQ is solid also. Honestly, if you had it I'd considering bringing a dupe DQ.

7. ecyoung

ecyoung New Member

recife likes this.
  8. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

Is Miru's final form attack always hit, hit, bind, hit hit? I don't think padx is up to date on this. It doesn't even mention the locked on orb, and the damage doesn't seem consistent with the videos. I'm curious to know because I don't have a Thanatos, but I have a Raphael.

9. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

I'm playing around with Apoc + DQXQ in a simulator and yeah... that damage is insane. Getting over 20m easy.

I'm not really a big fan of Miru's active. So I'll be inheriting something onto her as you suggested.

I'm keeping Wukong because his SB are amazing and to add some diversity in actives. I'll also be putting my LAkechi onto Wukong because they are pretty much the same active, but LAkechi's light enhance will be pretty good if I need it for 30m burst at the end.

I was also debating having AVenus (Apoc) with Miru (ADQX), but I really don't want to delay my key actives too much.

I'm thinking I have 2 options:

1)
    Miru (ADQXQ)
    Wukong (LAkechi)
    ADQXQ
    Apoc
    Apoc
    Miru

29,643 HP
    4,677 RCV
    11 Light Rows
    10 SB - Apoc available on turn 1. Miru (ADQXQ) available on turn 5.

2)
    Miru (Apoc)
    Wukong (LAkechi)
    ADQXQ
    ADQXQ
    Apoc
    Miru

28,858 HP
    5,139 RCV
    12 Light Rows
    9 SB - Apoc available on turn 2. Miru (Apoc) available on turn 8.

I'm thinking I might go with option 2 since there aren't many situations where I would need Apoc active on first turn. There is Floor 1 Beelz, but I haven't seen that in a long long time, and even so, I can just cancel with ADQXQ and Miru to tank.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  10. SA TQW

SA TQW Member

User ID:
    SA TQW
    PADherder:
    link
    I ended up buying LGadius after rolling LAkechi on a yolo because the two of them basically make Miru 'worth it' to me. I'm working towards:

Miru(LAkechi)+Baal(Thumbelina)/LGadius/ADQXQ/Flex+Miru(Saria)

Saria->LAkechi should make a near-optimal, enhanced board, and having Thumbelina on tap with Baal (who has amazing awakenings) give you the option to fix for hearts if your Saria board gives too many red and not enough hearts. Thumbelina also allows you to use Ilm as a flex spot with Ilm->Thumbelina. Then you've got LGadius->ADQXQ as a spike as well. The other option is to go with AVenus(???), with some sort of utility active (wish I had Thor), or MZeus/Z&H if I need a gravity.

11. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

Hey all. It's been a while since I checked in. P&D time is pretty limited these days.

I've noticed the trend of the leveling up dungeons (do these have a more specific name) becoming the go to for new content. Is the meta game to use a team that levels up faster (like using low rarity cards like light Hanzo)? If so, what teams are my fellow light users leaning on?

Also, can anyone give shoot out a tier list of light cards right now? Both as leads and subs. I see Xiu min in my shop as a tempting choice for my first shop purchase! And Myr is getting a lot of love right now. I seem to have spent some time on cards that don't get a lot of love recently (anyone playing with elia or pollux at all?)

Thanks

12. Hikarin

Hikarin Ooh, early birds~

User ID:
    (NA Primary)309,703,434 (JP)378,630,551
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm not exactly high-ranked or anything, but I can give you a good idea of Pollux right now.
    Since "pad time is pretty limited", I'll assume you haven't checked up on things since before this current update.
    As of this update, Castor, Pollux and Fire Trap Mechanical Star God all got split Ults. Spica and some others will get Ults in a month or so. Pollux's ults are L/R and L/D. The L/R ult is a little bit more aggressive than the pre-ult form, in that it drops the 30% damage resist in favor of 1.3x (or 30% more) HP and ATK on Machine-type subs, while also bumping the damage multiplier from 4x to 5x. And you get a Skill Boost because that's cool, too. Basically, L/R Pollux is a low-sub-pool, high damage version of her predecessor. You can spike your way through all the easy Descended dungeons with her, from what I've seen. And you have decent health for harder Descendeds. With an average combo, she does a bit more than 1M damage. I'm sure if you have better subs than me, you can get more than that.

L/D Pollux, on the other hand, is a more versatile, but potentially less damaging card. She keeps pre-ult Pollux's leader skill, but gains two Skill Boosts and a God Killer. This can make her far more useful for Machine Zeus and such dungeons, not to mention she isn't locked to Machine subs. And well, there isn't much else to say about her. She's just normal Pollux who deals 12x damage against Gods. 48x if you're running double. And 60x if you're running L/D Pollux with Alcyone, who gives you a TPR. Going a step further, that's 78x with L/R Pollux as a helper.

The gist of it all is, neither of them are bad and Pollux is formidable now. So yeah.

EDIT: Oh right, Myr. The reason people keep talking about her is because she gives 7.7x with a Heart Shield. That's the big thing. 52x with dual leads, or something.

13. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just gotten Pollux, is it pretty much a straight up upgrade over Valk? Uh, I guess in context it's a Thoria team.

14. Hikarin

Hikarin Ooh, early birds~

User ID:
    (NA Primary)309,703,434 (JP)378,630,551
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, assuming you don't very badly need Valk's TPA. Pollux's stats are solidly better than Valk's, her AS also covers Jammers, Poison, and Mortal Poison, and the OEs are better.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  15. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anyone here run Xiu Min regularly?

16. nocutename

nocutename I still stink after 1100 days but I am still here.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have been running her fairly regularly these days. She has become my rogue farmer. If you need her send me a request.

17. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm actually deciding if I should buy her or not. The main planned use is Arena farming, I was thinking AAma/AApollo/Wukong/Apoc with +15% HP badge, but I'd definitely use her for other things as well. What subs are important, both as staples and as flex?

18. nocutename

nocutename I still stink after 1100 days but I am still here.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I pair up with Tifa only. I found heal back was tough pairing up with herself. But that was before I got DqXq. I haven't ventured into Arena territory so I cannot give much help with that. I did just clear Ultimate Endless with her after way too many tries thanks to Shiva.

I mainly use Min / Rei Sirus / Apoc or Apollo / DqXq / Ilm with Tifa. It is super quick farming for Legend rogues. Team is all hypermaxed aside from Sirus who is not plus egged. I do sometimes put in Apollo over Apoc because of the shorter CD. Sirus is for a quick up on the first floor orb changer. I use him for a quick 62.5 or even just a 30x. I just need to have either 3 or 5 light orbs on board before activating him. Wukong would be find as I use DqXq as my board clearer. Rarely do I need hearts as I get 2x with either a light or red row. So healing backing is rarely an issue. My team with Apollo on it and the HP badge gets 34k HP. I have put on Indra for defense from time to time. For M+ I use Ra, although I am told this team can burst through the PreDras. Just haven't tried it.

Key subs are orb changers. You need to have the up on the first floor. Of course you can go for defense but as long as you can tank out the hits, it should be ok. Now Shiva sucked and I did have to use Indra to get passed him. So it is up to the dungeon. I normally don't have an issue with binds if they are subs so AAma would be replaced by a quick orb changer. Even Verche works well. I use Sirus because he makes reaching higher combos quite easy.

Overall it is a very fun team to run but I am getting bored with it too. After I finish skilling up some Rogue bosses, I am moving to a different team. The bigger boards, make doing regular boards tougher now.

Derpinator likes this.
  19. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

I run Xiu Min with Tifa as well. Pairing with Tifa allows the team to heal back from a 99% gravy with just 3 hearts. They are basically my go-to team for most things. However, for farming Arena, I prefer using Super Krishna since he makes it so brainless. Anyway, if you want to use Chrys/Tifa for Arena, the only potential danger is Kagu, iirc, so do inherit a poison or delay. I agree with nocutename with removing Ammy, because binds aren't really a danger in Arena. You can usually stall out or make use of Wukong to deal with it. Replacing her with a quickie like Fuma is better. Another thing is that the 2-sec badge is better than the HP badge, because Tifa's active can shield against the Dairy Queen, and the 7x6 board needs as much time-extension as it can get.

Oh yeah, Xiu Min is a "he", I'm pretty sure... I think. Maybe.

EDIT: I just remembered another reason why I don't like using this team to farm Arena. It's because of Zaerog and his damn Light-absorb. I just cleared One-Shot-Challenge with this team, and had the crappy luck of meeting a Zaerog who casted Light-absorb 4 times. 16 turns of stalling just on that floor.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Derpinator likes this.
  20. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My bad for the super late replies, I saw the post and wanted to reply from my laptop, but completely forgot.

About the Tifa pairing, PADx wasn't accurate when I checked at the time so she looked like an underwhelming pairing. However, that was cleared up and now I understand the preference for Tifa and will probably look to go that route myself.

Now that Tifa is part of the equation, I can see bind clear not being an issue. For the replacement, I had some box discoveries while looking into that. Turns out I do have Rei Sirus as well as Leonis, both of whom I forgot about. Between Rei and Leonis, Leonis has better HP and ATK but Rei has RCV and a matching subatt. In place of Rei's double killers, Leonis is unbindable. Rei's active is 2 turns shorter but Leonis has haste, both will be up first turn.

If we throw Shedar into the comparison, he makes a row (one more orb) but his cd is one turn longer than Leonis. In the stats comparison, he is in the same situation as Leonis except with a matching subatt. No TPAs and sbr though, rows and bind clear instead.

So between Shedar, Leonis and Rei, who would be better? Or is Alcyone better?

I can probably still throw Light Swordsman onto Leonis or Shedar if I end up going with one of them seeing how they are both unbindable.

In regards to Arena, my only problem with Krishna lead is that it is so much work. A really lazy reason, I know, but seeing how A1 is 90% of my PAD life now, it kinda piles up. I won't be leaving Krishna completely, it'll just provide a little variety. The light absorb would suck but stalling looks really easy so I'm not sure it'll be a huge issue.