[Team Building] Mono-Red Appreciation Thread V.2

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Vixen, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anybody here with an RLB they might be running? Pretty much a straight downgrade from Krishna in everything but possibly power and the fact that the leads are unbindable, but still looks pretty fun. This is what I'm planning to run now:

Don't have a good third Attacker with TPAs to use, so Leilan works for now. 47k HP and 6k RCV, both huge drops from my Krishna team, but three UUU should hit hard. I'll try sticking Freyr in over Leilan to prop up the sbr a bit more, get another UU and boost that kill shot, but it'll take a while to reach that phase. Right now I need to work on getting RLB and Rozuel ready. Just want to see if I can find any friends to pair with so I know how quickly I need to work on Rozuel. RLB is going to be hypered anyway and so will Rozuel now, but I have no use for her outside this so if this team won't see much use, I'll bump Rozuel down the list a bit too.

2. diz

diz Active Member

Can I make a Red team that can do some harder content?
    I have
    Belial
    2x Sanada
    2x Urd (one is used for SI)
    Gadius
    Minerva
    Shiva
    Terra
    Set

3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i think you can make a decent minerva team and a decent Revo Shiva team.

for minerva, you can put Shiva, belial, Terra and gadius which is solid. full SBR and doesnt touch light orbs, and Terra can fix a no light board. bleial and minerva have really sort cool downs so you can spam them, most of your team is unbindable, gadius gives you a burst board when paired with minerva. Pair with Ilm for huge damage and great RCV booats (as well as a better burst board) or Minerva for resist cheese.

For Shiva, Revo Shiva is very strong and really just needs orb changers and TPAs.
    So Set, Urd, Urd could be a good base, and you can throw in sanada for heart makling or Gadius for bind clears. its a flexible team.

4. JkGamma

JkGamma New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey guys I have a mono fire team with

urd leading
    Uriel
    Ares
    Set
    and Shiva

i just wanna know is this the most optimal team i should be running especially for mono fire

I'm also working towards evolving Tsubaki and playing around with her, if you know what i mean ;)
    But seriously help me. I'm pathetic

I also don't know if I have any other good cards that I can make other teams with so if anyone wants to look at my PADherder and just let me know it would be much appreciated ^.^

5. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    uhhh, why are you leading with Urd?

Revo Shiva is a clearly superior lead, and A Ares, Set and Urd are amazing subs for him. Easiest fix right there.

6. JkGamma

JkGamma New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After doing some research last night I realized hes a lot better so i switched off. When i Evolve Tsubaki fully should i make her the leader or replace Set with her?

7. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    From where I gather you are in the game, get Tsubaki up and running and that will let you get Shiva Awoken and then wait until you have 2 or 3 Red Snow Globe Dragons before Revoing Shiva and leading with him.

8. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    according to his padherder he already REvoed his shiva. which is why i suggested Shiva.

No reason not to run both teams. Revo Shiva is really powerful, but so is Tsubaki. make sure you evo to the R/L Uevo. As for leading with Tsubaki, you dont have great sub options but you have ok subs. Shiva doesnt change orbs, Set doesnt is a heart breaker so that's fine, and so is Ares, but Urd takes away light orbs that you need. But those options will give y ou Tons of OEs to make sure you always activate. You could lead Tsubaki and run Ares, Shiva and Set as subs, and then the last slot could be Urd but could be flexible. I ran Urd on my Tsubaki team for a long time, but i also had Gadius to make more light.

Your weakness on both teams is going to be binds. You should develop your Ame No Uzume. As either her R/B Uevo or her Awoken Evo, she's an unbindable bind clear. I'd reccomend the R/B uevo, it's on a shorter cooldown. Ame will be a flex sub in dungeons with preemeptive binds because neither Tsubaki nor Shiva are great at stalling. Your other option for bindclearing is Red Riding hood, but she's much weaker stat wise, and has a worse bind clear, though she does make hearts.

I would also work on making Awoken Freyr. He's an important sub, and will got right onto your Shiva team with his Two TPAs, taking Uriel, who doesnt contribute much off the team. Every memeber of your team woudl then have at least one tpa and most would have two or more. this means your red TPAS are going to hit hard on EVERY card, whereas before, Uriel was there mostly for heals. plus, Freyr's spike will be amazing for dungeons with extreme HP. AND he has Two SBR which would give you full 100% SBR even if you have to play around with your other subs for stuff like All Attributes dungeons and such.

Shiva and Tsubaki are both powerful and for different things. make both and use both.

9. JkGamma

JkGamma New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow dude thanks so much now i feel like i have a goal to reach in this game, this analytical breakdown is exactly what i needed!

10. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Ugggh if I knew Xmas Gremory would be buffed so awesomely I might have whaled!

Right now I'm struggling with Minerva being my bind clear since she can't also be an easy-peasy Defense Break/Orb Change AND Bind Clear/OrbChange in one dungeon; I have to pick one. And when breaking 10m defense means Urd+Sanada, having Minerva as a single short cooldown active to take care of them while also giving me some orbs to spare for the next floor would be preferable.

Gremory would actually bump Yamato who is kind of a staple on every Red Row team.

11. diz

diz Active Member

Okay I think I have my (very 1st) red team. I really like Shiva (and I have Ame no Uzume now) and his playstyle, but having only 3 TPA characters (Shiva, Set, Urd) make playing it feeling wrong.

So I choosed ReMinerva with Belial, Terra, Gadius and ReShiva. At first I choosed Ame for the last spot, but then I realized that this character would make nearly nothing for this team. :D

Now I need a lot of Tamadras! I do not know the last time I needed 44 Tamadras. :D

12. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Having all TPA subs on shiva is ideal, but certainly not necessary. I myself play him with only two subs. It works out just fine. His burst is great regardless, 49x on a ton of combos is no joke.

You should play both teams imo.

Derpinator likes this.
  13. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I've wasted so much money trying for a Shiva and two Vishnus. To date, I have 0 of each but so many pantheon dupes D:

14. CountAntonius

CountAntonius Member

Got a bunch of red subs wondering what my best team would be(besides XM). I'm hearing Revo Minerva is pretty good?

XM
    Ame No Uzume
    Minerva
    Uriel
    Yamato
    Gadius x5
    Sonia
    Rodin
    Rozuel
    Chiyome
    Horus
    Tsubaki
    Leilan
    Red valk
    Freyr
    Belial

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  15. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gadius System!

just kidding.

I see one obvious one.

Revo Minerva lead. Sub Yamato, Tsubaki, Gadius for a soft bind clear (not always necessary) Belial for a quick orb changer, Red Valk for a heart breaker, Rodin for rows, Freyr for a spike...lot of options, pari with Minerva for cheese or Ilm for all around utility.

16. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Revo Minerva/Tsubaki/Yamato/Leilan base. Usually Ilmnerva doesn't need more damage so I don't like Freyr, and Belial is redundant with Yamato and his cd is still pretty long. Rodin is good for predras as you can also clear orbs before poison kicks in.

I hate Gadius; lost an a1 run yesterday bc popping Gadius + Minerva + Tsubaki gave me 6 yellow orbs and 1 heart orb with rest dark (edit: fire) and I couldn't finish off Kali (was blinded). I'd prefer to run Uzume over Gadius if you're just using him for bind clear, and probably RValk (?) otherwise. Wish I had Leilan and Yamato NotLikeThis

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  17. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    how did you pop minerva and end up with dark orbs? you sure? gadius + minerva + Tsubaki is gonna getting you nearly a bi color. you should have just healed up if you were that close to death. you can stall almost endlessly on Kali with minerva.

18. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Wait what? Gadius + Minerva = Fire/Light/Heal and + Tsubaki is what I did. I should have looked at the orbs was careless. And I hit her under 5% lol

EDIT: Ah, I meant rest fire in my post.

19. HayJay

HayJay Show me your moves!

User ID:
    340-015-495
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey guys, First post!

So Im rank~350 (110 days, light IAP) and I think Im ready to tackle Arena 1. I have a decent fireBox (you can find my current box on my PADHerder). I will most likely attempt Arena with Krishna. After lurking around the forums for some time, I have two main questions,

1) I have read several people suggest that ideally, you would want a bind clear (especially for bindable leaders ie Krishna), board changers, heartmaker, burst and delay when taking on Arena. My current Krishna team is Krishna/Urd/Sanada/Yamato/Flex. This team pretty much covers all the above roles ... except for delay. I havent been lucky enough to roll a CaoCao and my only delay, red or not is echidna. Would it be worth it to fill the flex spot with echidna ? Is the delay absolutely necessary for running Arena 1 or can I look at better subs to fill my flex?

2) If the delay is not absolutely a must, I seem to have several options for a second bind clearer (Yamato already a given, I am referring to the flex spot). I have Red riding hood, gadius and Ame no uze, as well as a GRodin (inherit). Ive heard that Gadius can be such a troll with his active so I might prefer RidingHood with maybe an Ame inherit to inprove the active/get a stat boost. Any suggestions on the last flex spot that could benefit me more ?

I really tend to over prepare before attempting dungeons, hence my reluctance to take on Arena with the team I have now considering what I have read around the forums.

Thanks everyone for all the help in advance!!

20. XiaoTempest

XiaoTempest Member

PADherder:
    link
    could you please elaborate or put in some details about krishna, also great guide