[Team Building] Mono-Red Appreciation Thread V.2

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Vixen, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You don't need delay, bind clear is more necessary imo. You could delay Kagu or you could put him under 50% and just bind clear. Apart from him, I don't see anything that would need delay. Since you only need the bind clear on two floors, you can inherit it on Gadius.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    xer 21 likes this.
  2. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Delays for sopdet are really nice. But soodet sucks for everyone. Krishna can tank parv's rage his so she doest really need a delay.

3. HayJay

HayJay Show me your moves!

User ID:
    340-015-495
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok good news, no delay was the answer I was hoping for. Yeah, better stats on Gadius and it may be useful to keep the extra boardchanger and hope for the best. Thanks for the help !

Yeah I have been testing in endless , practicing for sopdet. I think Ill go with leaving echidna out, and hope I dont get skyfall trolled too hard

4. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1) yes a bind clear is absolutley necessary with bindable leads. No, yamato doesnt really count because hes bindable. And echidna is absolutely not worth it. Delays are luxury subs in A1, not really necessary, especially since you can tank all the main rage hits and premempts with a krishna team.

2)Gadius can be good for some teams but he's too unreliable to provide a burst board for krishna and he is 100% troll as a bind clear with his active. I find thag running him as a bind clear on my ilm team is you have to plan ahead and save hearts for when you know a bind is coming, instead of relying on his active. His active is better used to clear hazard boards like beez, act as a heart maker for healing, and SOMETIMES burst (hes much better on ilm in this sense). Even then, i have a saria inherit on another sub to guarntee a row of hearts.

Because krishna is so orb hungry, gadius active ia super trolly so id say run ame. Ame is a super short cool down bind clear. Youll be able to spam her.

cjo likes this.
  5. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gadius himself isn't worth it as a bind clear. While he is unbindable, something that Yamato doesn't have going for him, his heart orbs are far less reliable. That is why I'd suggest using him only as the base and inherting an actual bind clear on him. His active, at the very least, can serve as a haste and can be slightly patched with a Krishna active on top. Far from ideal but I'd rather have an orb changer base that might see some use than a bind clear that is needed max 2 floors.

cjo likes this.
  6. HayJay

HayJay Show me your moves!

User ID:
    340-015-495
    PADherder:
    link
    @xer 21 Yeah, seeing as Yamato is not unbindable, I wanted to bring a more reliable bind clear. I was jusy making sure delays were not actually necessary and only "luxury subs" as you put it.

My burst is actually Urd+Sanada. It gives me 2/3 enhanced fire-heart board which consistently gives 10+mil damage a card.

I was thinking more like @Derpinator and using Gadius to inhert a hard bind clear over his active instead of to create a burst/hope he gives you the hearts for a soft bind clear. Id then be able to keep the situational board clear and not have to waste urd.

All the help is really appreciated guys.

cjo likes this.
  7. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Side note, RIP guides. The whole forum is much less active in general but the guides really seem to be dead, mainly just a place to have a specific conversation at this point. Though, to be fair, guides like this that are quite broad are a ridiculous hassle to maintain anyway. Then the fact that it seems like most people aren't too interested in guides anyway. Just kinda sad to see it so slow. Screw you co-op. :(

RageSedai, HayJay and pad_n00b like this.
  8. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i think more than coop, its that there havent been enough new dungeons to have to theorycraft for, that everything has already been said. and we get maybe 1-2 viable new teams with each major patch, so its hard to maintain broad guides when so little changes over time.

9. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anybody know the no skyfall fire leads?

10. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Crown, no skyfall badge :p

11. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

These new Reincarnations take forever to level ... hah ... So many new Metas to consider.

12. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Any Raoh x Freyr buds out there?

I play it from time to time, mainly when I have a Raoh friend up. My second acc rolled a Raoh but I'm too lazy to hyper him, that account is basically where I go to play RShiva and roll away all my stones for no reason.

Back on topic, RFreyr. A pretty noticeable power jump, going from 22.5 to 37.5 at full activation. Not a huge mult nowadays, but 1.5/37.5/2.5 (assuming on-type) is pretty respectable and usable. On top of that, 7c 2x awakening on Freyr and Leilan, if you sub her. Raoh also apparently picked up 2 more rows in JP, don't know when that happened.

Anyone looking forward to this or nah? RFreyr doesn't exactly put them anywhere they weren't before, there are stronger and tankier fire teams (Krishna) but the mult is a solid improvement.

13. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I think you'd be better to look at A Ares/RFreyr personally.

2/37.5/2.25 and only need to match RG and use a skill. Can use Leilan, Verd inherits, Ares active is great, and assuming RAres gets same buff as Hermes it's a 43.5x team. XMas Sonia is best board change for a burst. Instead of having to build rows like with Raoh, you can go TPA focused and use the board better for 7c.

Derpinator likes this.
  14. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Totally forgot about AAres, that's even better.

RageSedai likes this.
  15. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    I Can toss one up anytime you want to try it out.

I've been leaving Rowdin up a lot or using him to farm. He's crazy strong and I think I Like him more than ACC Honestly. He also technically has a higher multi when you take into account his 8 more rows than ACC (leads combined, 12 vs 4) and needs 3 less orbs.

Derpinator likes this.
  16. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'll definitely have to look into that. My Verds are both sitting unused so I'll figure out who to inherit one or two of them onto. Maybe something like Kagu/RLB/Markab!Verd/Misato or Rozuel!Bind clear. Basically just a bunch of triple TPAs lol.

RageSedai likes this.
  17. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    RHorus would be a good choice too to inherit on for a bit more TE since you'd want to be hitting 7c. Also a lot more stats than something like Rozeul.
    A Ares/Kagu/RLB/Markab.FDK/RHorus.Verd would be my choice I think.

18. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd trade an organ for RHorus on my main...

RageSedai likes this.
  19. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Second try, first run failed out of sheer stupidity.

Kali was all my bad luck. First Urd was 21-9, figured I could do better so I popped second one and got 22-8. Made the risky board setup for the extra combo since I was only getting 2 TPAs. Second TPA becomes three orb combo but luckily I got another fire combo from skyfall.

Ugly kill shot but it killed so that's all that matters.

As for a comparison to Krishna, 4/6 unbindable is a huge help, both in general and specifically on Kagu. I actually found myself using fewer actives thanks to the power TPAs packed. Fewer oe is also nice for damage absorb. Downsides would be less movement time, no sbr (used badge for 90%) and less HP/RCV.

20. Near

Near Active Member

Any JP players try out the Dantalion buff? He seems like a pretty decent lead in terms of damage mitigation and his hp shouldn't be too big of a problem since using the 2 heart combos are part of his kit in both survivability and damage.

I've been thinking of running Urd/Yamato/Krishna (or another Yamato)/Rozuel for an all purpose type of team. How does that sound?

On another note, any ideas for leader pairings with Terra from the FF collab? I've thought of pairing with R.Shiva to form some sort of TPA team or Ilm for a more synergistic pairing focusing on rows. Kind of a way so I can put all my donger red subs to some sort of use. I can be running something more viable but I have other teams for that, and this is purely for fun anyway.