[Team Building] Not GOdin's Girl Still - A Green Sonia Guide

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Derpinator, Dec 5, 2015.

1. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah. I was mistaken there. I was just looking at pad herder but I kept mixing in Skills from Ceres (above her) and Perseus (below her) when I did the comparison, so I mistakenly thought she did have a row. :eggface:

2. Hansey

Hansey World record holder: Slowest +egg farmer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would think that a row is better than an OE. TPA's aren't really Gonia's thing, and the unbindable isn't terribly useful unless she also has bind clear, which she doesn't.

I dunno, I'd be happy to be wrong, but I'll hold off judgement until I actually can try her out.

3. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ya, the TPAs might as well not be on either seeing how little we care for them, even post-buff.

The oe really depends on how many you already have the team as far as across-the-board damage goes. If you already have 5, then it isn't a big deal but if AParv is your fifth's then it should help quite a bit as far as general damage goes and orb changers.

Normally I'd agree with you on bind resist with no bind clear awakening but, seeing how your leaders both have one if you go double Gonia, I think they deserve some mention. Apart from full-team binds, AParv is an unbindable short cd heartmaker that can utilize Gonia's awakenings to clear binds. Obviously not as good as unbindable+bind clear, but they deserve some more credit than usual.

Then again, GGY is a think. :V But if it isn't a full team bind, better to not waste your short cd orb changer just to clear binds.

However, this row vs OE comparison between Canopus and AParv really doesn't do AParv justice because of how far superior her active is, not only complementing full bursts but also working as a small (but really not small) burst option too. Many times our enhancer is dead until the boss floor, either because of the cd or because we just don't need a full burst, but AParv doesn't work that way because of her dual role.

mkman likes this.
  4. Hansey

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Being able to create hearts if needed is definitely nice since a single three heart match is going to heal the team to full, though maybe I don't give it enough credit because I have Perseus (two of them now) who not only makes hearts but also converts the same blue orbs Parv uses to wood.

Bottom line though is that I'm quite happy to have more options.

5. mkman

mkman Green Guan Yu Power!

User ID:
    392 908 336

Nothing for GGY but Gonia got a few options, the first one mainly for skill inheritance and the 2nd can be a sub or skill inheritance as well.

1st one is 35% shield + 3 hearts orbs. She does not have dragon or balance typing but perfect for inheritance as she is on a low CD

2nd one makes a full row of green on the bottom and 3 random jammers.........on a 4 turn cd !!!! Balanced and has 2 rows!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. Hansey

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually pulled Kisuke this morning - first time I've pulled a gold from a collab REM, and it's one that's useful! I guess I need to farm the dungeon for skill ups now, hehe...

7. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    orihime - meh nb, nothing amazing either, the small shield+heal is p cool for some stuff but those awakenings :/ cd is p good too

kisuke - jammers meh, cd p good, double row is also good, row good, no sb is nbd, overall pretty solid card

will add to guide soon

mkman likes this.
  8. Esplen

Esplen Active Member

PADherder:
    link
  9. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wat @Esplen

Does this guide need any updates except descends?

Also where did everyone go to, where the pretty Gonia clears

10. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe the issue is just that there's not really much "new" to do at the moment?

I'm sure some (many?) of us probably haven't beaten at least some of the tougher coop content, I guess, but people might be farming +eggs or waiting for half stamina to come back to try those?

Derpinator and Macaquinho like this.
  11. Esplen

Esplen Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    My few dollars on the topic...

The Gonia buff was too little, too late. It mostly helped keep the Red and Blue Sonia's in line with the meta (although Red has still fallen out due to stat and thresholds). The sub availability that opened up with Balanced was pretty large... relative to how many subs there were for Gonia in the first place. It's still a laughable sub pool and all the ideal subs are off-type (aka Australis and Hanuman). Honestly, her current usage right now is as a sub. You're not going to run a Sonia Sylvie team because you're better off leading with Artemis, Astaroth or Freyja. The problem with Gonia wasn't even (initially) the typing, it was the stat spread.

Attackers have high ATK and low HP/RCV, so for Ronia, having the RCV multiplier makes up for one part of it (and you substitute in Lu Bu once he was released to make up for the HP difference). Additionally, the amount of God Devils and other mixtures allow strong Devil types (particularly dark ones) to have high HP, making the HP negligible until reaching the end-game (back in the day).

Physical have high HP and low ATK/RCV. Again, the RCV multiplier kicks in and assists in a weakness, whilst the high HP is already apparent. Having a nice Blue sub pool come in (that keeps getting bigger and bigger as the game progresses) certainly doesn't hurt, especially when, now, the current team flexibility in a Bonia team is tremendous. You can now choose between what actives you want instead of choosing between an active or awakenings.

Balanced have... balanced stats. Except that in the game, there is really no such thing as balance, when you put together the weighting system. By having a balanced card have more RCV, it needs to have less of something else. That typically ends up being slightly more HP than an attacker, but the attack is between Physical and Devils (at least, back in the day). And then you go ahead and say: Nah, breh, we're just doing Dragons. Which, you know, would have been cool since Dragons are basically Physical, with the option of trading HP for ATK (in the case of Samurai Dragons and a few other biweeklies). Except that the actual list of usable Dragons in a team are very limited and the meta had progressed way beyond that point. If you wanted to see a time where Gonia could have existed as a Dragon-only Green Leader, it would have to be before awakenings, back when ADKZ was a top-tier leader.

It's possible to bash your head against certain dungeons until you clear it, and a Gonia team is not... weak, per se. In fact, there are a few dungeons where running Gonia is a lot simpler than running my current spike teams, which reaches more than 3x damage of the entire team by a single card without type advantage. However, it's not viable outside of being a niche tank team, and it doesn't do it's job as a tank team (and hasn't for... well, basically since inception). It also doesn't help that GungHo still doesn't know if it wants Green to be Row based or Prong based, and is now throwing Machine everywhere.

I personally don't think that inheritance is going to change any of this, mostly because of the current meta where everything is kill or be killed (insert flowey face here). If you get a chance to stall, then you can surely utilize it and heal up, but then you're just a sub-par Xiang-Mei team. If you don't get a chance to stall, you probably won't have the tools to constantly barrage bosses again and again without respite, especially with having lower health than a Bonia team.

The problems with Green right now are that most of the Green cards that fulfill the type requirements of Gonia are meant for Prongs or Rainbow, not Rows. It's definitely possible to still create a Row team, but you're better off (like I said before) leading with a different leader, even if you're aiming for Rows.

Maybe we'll see something good come in the future with more Reincarnation Evolution, farmable focus, and potentially a green Orchid. As it stands, the best place for Gonia, in the current meta, is a sub.

Fingers crossed for Awoken Gonia or Reincarnate Gonia. I'd rather see her become a more active leader instead of a guaranteed leader. Maybe I've conditioned myself to running rainbow teams, but her weaknesses far outweigh her strengths.

12. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Edited because it came off way more dick-ish than intended/anticipated.

The basic idea was that I don't really see the point of your previous post or the one before that. We already know what Gonia is lacking and agree on it (apart from the weakness outweighing her strengths), that has been discussed here and elsewhere and is fair to be considered common knowledge among this thread. Gonia doesn't have the HP that Bonia does and her RCV is just overheal, so she isn't as well rounded as Bonia and didn't jump in "greatness" like Bonia did. She definitely got way better but not like Bonia did.

Her sub pool issues are also well known but they aren't that bad, most of her niches are covered, she doesn't have a plethora of options and is really REM-heavy. Everybody knows and agrees that greens have been mostly catered to for Attackers and Attackers are mostly TPA focused. Even with Gonia's ls buff, that doesn't matter because rows>TPAs for us. GH needs to flesh out green Dragons/Balanced/Physical/not Attacker a bit more, though they aren't all absolutely shit or anything.

As for better teams that can do what she does or do it easier, how is that relevant? This is a Gonia guide, why do we care if we can run Artemis or somebody else over Gonia. We all knew that already, we are here finding out how to run Gonia. If we just looked at the best things to run, we might as well scrap the guide section and replace it with a tier list.

However, you horribly exaggerate the difficulty of Gonia's dungeon clears. They are fairly safe and not "bashing" your head or anything. Unless we are talking a really budget team or a bad team comp, Gonia can pretty safely handle a whole lot of content. Trying to make it seem like she cannot even do harder dungeons well or without "bashing" your head is intentionally misrepresenting the situation to make her seem worse than it is.

Regardless, based on your previous post it seems like a more whine-y approach because something isn't as good as something else and that really isn't something worth wasting time on. So I don't intend to really discuss this further, we've done it multiple times in a less whine-y exaggerated way if you want to read the thread and some other discussions of Gonia. Judging by your first comment though, I doubt that you came here to do much else except complain.

(btw Ronia is Devil/Dragon, not Attacker)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    King Spin and mkman like this.
  13. Esplen

Esplen Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Derp, it is Devil/Dragon, and Devils are varied in HP and ATK, but low on RCV, typically.

I dunno, after two years of trying to main Gonia, it just wasn't feasible to keep going because each new dungeon was another wall that was ridiculously hard, if not nearly impossible, to clear. Obviously with the Balanced buff, you can spread your wings and take on new strategies (such as not going Rows) or adding in wonky new subs to cover other weaknesses, but the harder the dungeons, the more she struggles to keep up.

14. mkman

User ID:
    392 908 336
    @Esplen If you thought Gonia was hard, you should try GGY :D
    Gonias 2.5x multiplier back then wasn't cutting it once harder content came out and monsters had no HP. However with this new buff and monsters like sylvie, kameo, uevo perseus, etc gonia can do quite a bit now. Shes not #1 but shes decent and if your game is to use the #1 team, then you may want to use ra dragon, yomi dragon, etc. Some of us actually don't follow what the majority do and try leads that may not be the best but see how much we can complete with the decent lead.

I do hope GH can get it together and give green more balanced, dragons and physicals (for GGY) and give us better monsters than the crap they've given us so far.......

Linthia -kali active
    Jormungandr -kali active
    Rag drag -kali active
    Green rem from Summer rem -kali active.

I mean if the above had something other than kali actives, it would have been awesome but GH is screwing with us and green got screwed in the MP department........both odin drag and rag drag aren't that great BUT frigging red got shiva dragon whose a beast AND now got Orchid whose top tier.......frigging bias right here by GH!

King Spin likes this.
  15. Esplen

Esplen Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    My goal isn't to use what's #1, but when you can literally just swap your sub with your leader and it makes the team better, you may want to rethink your teambuilding skills.

16. mkman

User ID:
    392 908 336
    @Esplen Sorry bud but I don't agree. I have almost every monster in the game but do I run them all? No and I dont care to run any of the popular teams. I'll struggle and use GGY or Gonia teams but I'm having fun and thats all that matters......has nothing to do with team building skill so take that crap out of here. We know she isn't #1 but who cares.

CORINTH and King Spin like this.
  17. mkman

User ID:
    392 908 336
    AS: (it's good to assume that they are going to apply to the whole series / cards with similar actives)

part 1

• Famiel - Also do 100k fixed damage to single enemy
    • Yamato - Also enhance heart
    • RGY - Unbind 3 turns (from 2)
    • Anima - Also increase dragon and devil damage by 2x for 1 turn
    part 2

• Grape Dragon - Heals 30% HP instead of 3000
    • Alrarune - Also increase RCV by 1.5 for 7 turn
    • Liubei - Heal 30% HP instead
    • LMeta - Heal 25% HP instead
    part 3

• DD Haku - CD 8 turn (from 9)
    • Zuoh - CD 8 turn (from 9)
    • UEvo Satan - Spawn 6 dark orbs (from 3), CD 15 turn (from 20)
    • Lubu - Devil type 3x damage (from 2.5x), CD 12 turn (from 11)

Guessing Guan Yu getting 3 turn bind clear, Liu Bei 30% hp heal and Melon Dragon getting a 30% heal, also perseus getting enhanced hearts......pop a GY and bam a board of enhanced green!!

...........NOT BAD overall!!

King Spin likes this.
  18. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's horrible reasoning, if you are making a team for a leader, you don't look at the leader skill for the subs, you look at the sub value. If you are running Gonia, you know you are running Gonia and you probably know other things are better but that isn't relevant if because you chose Gonia as your leader. Running a sub that is a better leader than the leader it is subbing for means nothing in regards to teambuilding skills. It just means you chose a certain leader and you want to run that leader.

King Spin and mkman like this.
  19. King Spin

King Spin That Guy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't know about any one else but I have said time and again I run gonia and ggy BECAUSE ITS HARDER I've got plenty of leads that are more powerful and can clear the same content easier but since I'm running out of content to clear why would I want to just blast through it when I could put a little thought and work in and feel like a beast for doing it with a supposed sub par lead.

mkman likes this.
  20. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

My avalon drake is ready for an upgrade. Woohoo! Another actual "traditional" dragon to use on my gonia lineup! And, reincarnate adk, I guess.