[Team Building]One-Winged Angel, Sephiroth

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by scrubbo, May 20, 2016.

1. scrubbo

scrubbo Managing Events since 2016 Event Manager

User ID:
    He's still fun... and when he first came out his multiplier was high enough to make people sit up and take notice. I still like to run him on no RCV dungeons. It's just that he's always been on the cusp of greatness and the buffs to other FF peeps got us all excited and then he pretty much got.... bupkis. The killer awakenings make him a great situational sub, but don't help him reach the tier of usability that a collab leader NEEDS to be at to get enough people to invest in him. They restrict him heavily with no sub color on a 5 color lead, binds/blinds/jammers/poison mechanics ALL messing with him (although his scaling makes the jammers/poisons less problematic), no self-damage enhancing worth mentioning (enhanced orbs on somebody who needs 5 different colors is not a great enhancement), no self-utility (bind clears, orb refresh/L Meta equiv/tons o time extend), AND they make him super rare. They erred on the side of caution in not making him OP and instead you get a tease of what greatness he could have been.

nickjr likes this.
  2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Serious, any of: SBR, Finger, Diff Sub Colour, Prong, HP modifier, RCV 2x modifier (his subs are often sub 100 base RCV and modern RCV mods are 2x), Hearts in match 5 activation, Hearts in match 6 activation for 3.5x, Poison or Jammer in match 5/6 activations, Enhance Killer (instead of making him lose at Parv/Sopdet make him win at Predras), would all have been better buffs.

*edit*

Also how good would Bankai Ichigo have been if he got any sub colour but Dark, especially if it was D/L. Two Pronga, two Fingers, Rainbow with move time enhance *shivers*.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  3. blackchaos26

blackchaos26 Past Compulsive Roller, Seeking to Adopt A Bastet.

PADherder:
    link
    Dude. just inherit an L.kali on a Fenrir.

from what I can see you have a pretty decent team of Seph/Fenrir/A.Perseph or D.Meta/A.Yomi/Satuski.

Not A tier material but It's certainly serviceable

4. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Seph [Batman+Remote Claw] / Ace Horus / Satsuki [Indra] / Z8 / H Alruane [Dark Dragon Knight] / Seph is doing pretty much everything I could want. I want to take it through A1.

I swap in Cursed Wyrm when I need a quick shield. The only major problem is no way to heal when I get orb trolled. I may put H Thoth and Sopdet in for Satsuki or just deal with that as a team weakness. I used to have a friend with Maede inherited, but that takes so long to come up.

How are you guys healing in the face of massive heart troll, or do you just accept it as a team weakness? For A1, a way to actively heal is pretty much a necessity, imo.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  5. scrubbo

scrubbo Managing Events since 2016 Event Manager

User ID:
    You're pretty much screwed on healing with Seph.

Orange Crush likes this.
  6. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I inherited that board shuffle Samurai onto him for that reason. Most of the time the resuffled board makes a match anyway which results in a two turn haste, so in my book that's the best straight upgrade to him. If you have like 10 Dkalis lying around you can inherit one into your HKali or Horus, but I doubt that's true for many here xD

7. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I'm so torn on what to do with my Ichigo. I basically have the perfect set-up:

Ichigo/Ace Horus/DMeta/A. Okuni or A. Yomi

Problem is, I REALLY want to play with Awoken Ichigo. But I don't really have a good replacement for Ichigo. I have several options, but all of them would be a significant downgrade.

Last year, around New Year's, didn't they put all seasonal MP cards into the shop? If they do that again, I may entertain buying HKali. That seems so wasteful though :-/'

8. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Kenshiros new buff seems pretty badass. Three prongs, 2 TEs, 2 SBRs and covers tricky Red/Light. Let's you run new SEVO Ichigo, some combo of H.Alraune, A.Hades, A.Okun, A.Yomi and D.Meta, Zweilhander, D/B Okun, Lumiel, Z8 or A.Perse in the last two slots. Only considerations are a bind clear, and a how much move time you need and whether you want Okun for his utility.