Team for Arena 1

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Veros, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Veros

Veros Member

User ID:
    (Blue) 320,731,336
    PADherder:
    link
    I wanted to have a long term goal I could work towards (besides a working Myr team).

Current teams:

A Luci (Satsuki), Pandora, Zuoh, Eschamali, Eschamali

WIP: Myr, Apocalypse, A DQXQ, RVenus, ?

Other potential leads: RShiva, A Hermes, A I&I, A Bastet, A DQXQ, Anaphon, Gremory

Should I be considering getting Yomidra as a bind clear? (Since I'm gonna be using A Luci for the foreseeable future)

I also dont have Loki for damage enhance? (Durga/Oku/Nephthys?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yomigon is kind of a sketchy investment nowadays since there are other cards you can use as a bind clear that still fit Luci. Anything unbindable with a bind clear inherit or even just Lu Bu come to mind.

That said Yomigon a better A1 farmer than Luci anyway, especially since you have 2x Escha so might still be worth it. His new evo is also better than Luci for the most part so not a terrible investment with your dark box.

Basically the team you have now can do A1. Yomigon is only worth it if you want to farm A1 or you think you would get allot of use out of him in general as a lead/sub. Fwiw I still use mine all the time as a sub for various teams but I bought it when he was still a top tier lead and when there were no other viable bind clear options for dark.

Oh and yeah, just inherit Durga or Okuni somewhere and you're good to go. Or just drop Zuoh for Okuni, you already have enough board cleaners with 2x Escha not to mention the Satsuki inherit.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Faust likes this.
  3. Faust

Faust Active Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Like @Gr33nDr4g0n said, YomiDra is a big investment if you don't plan on leading with him. YomiDra is excellent at arena and you do have multiple Eschamalis, so this might even be an even better reason for getting him. But unless you're sure, I would probably just use Gremory as a bind clearer. While her unbind only lasts two turn, she's unbindable and has a really short cd.

If your goal is to beat A1, I would also consider more recent teams with higher damage potential like Ilm/Minerva and Awoken Cao Cao (ACC).

You could try a fire focused Ilm/Minerva team: Ilm/Awoken Cao Cao/Leilan/Tsubaki/Yamato Takeru/Minerva. This team would be slightly stronger in multiplayer because you're lacking a second heart-maker. The nice thing about an Ilm/Minerva team is that you get a RCV multiplier from Ilm, and 50% damage reduction against fire, dark and light. Resistance against these particular attributes is especially nice because it covers many of the Arena's nastier threats including both Kalis, Zaerog, Lifive, and dark hera (including her famous 39k pre-emptive).

I'm less familiar with his team composition, but I know Awoken Cao Cao is capable of farming the arena. I imagine something like ACC/Urd/Yamato/Rozuel/Antares/ACC could be effective. You could inherit a fairy tale girl on Rozuel to make bind clearing even easier. @ViewtifulGene has an excellent guide for soloing arena with Cao Cao- http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/awoken-cao-vs-arena-1-solo.97187

Gr33nDr4g0n likes this.
  4. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

^ditto.
    Yomidra is faster and easier especially in coop. Revo Luci in 6 months could be some crazy shit so yomidra could still be worth it as a sub there. I also like putting her in almost all my dark teams.

Gr33nDr4g0n likes this.
  5. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    REvo Shiva can do it, but there's a lot of insta loss spawns and a whole lot of rng troll that can kill you. i mean, Hera, Li Five, Dios...those preempts can wreck you. i wouldnt say it would be a very consistent clear.

I think Urd, Freyr, Rozuel are probably a good base, and Hino is probably your last slot. you could take off urd for more damage with Cao Cao, but you lose a burst board. that said, an orb cahnger and freyr's spike could probably take out kali.

that said, why not ACC? you have a dupe cao cao and lots fo good row subs. sanada, A Leilan, Yamato and Freyr could be fantastic. i think that's your best arena bet as far as A1 teams go.

Faust likes this.
  6. Veros

Veros Member

User ID:
    (Blue) 320,731,336
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks all for the fast replies!

I forgot to mention, but I'm playing solo almost all the time,due to timezone differences and stuff.

Might this seem more viable?

A Luci/ Panda/ Esch/ Esch (Oku)/ Gremory

Also, quick questions,

Uevo panda or A panda?

DD/BD/A oku?

7. Veros

Veros Member

User ID:
    (Blue) 320,731,336
    PADherder:
    link
    @xer 21 the only reason i havent considered ACC is coz I didnt get the right cards till quite recently, so most are underleveled/skilled

8. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Do you only have one Panda? If so I think awoken for the better leaderskill but if you are set on leading with luci super panda has rediculous rcv and 2 time extends.

Gr33nDr4g0n likes this.
  9. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That will work well. Uuevo Panda if you're only using her as a sub and Awoken Okuni definitely.

10. Veros

Veros Member

User ID:
    (Blue) 320,731,336
    PADherder:
    link
    nope, have 2 pandas, 1 each

11. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    then the answer is both

12. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

If you have just one spot just ask yourself if you would prefer the extra rcv and finger over the haste hp and one extra row. I like having 2 heartmakers especially for arena because gravities and preemptives can add up in the last couple floors.

13. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

Awoken okuni is better, unless you are planning on investing on Yomigon.

14. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    why don't you play ilm x minerva? you have a great team for it. ilm (you need to evo yours to the l/r leader version) / yamato / tsubaki / antares* / saria or awoken leilan / minerva would smash arena 1. honestly this team is a lot stronger than awoken lucifer, pandora or okuninushi.

if you ever pull krishna you have a great team for him too.

*antares will make sopdet scary though.... you would need to be really sure of your damage, an orochi or hydra inherit somewhere would be helpful. but maybe he is not the best choice for consistency, acc is an alternative. or, actually, you could just not activate his god killer awakening.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  15. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Antares is amazing in A1 and really helps on kali...

But ot makes sopdet almost an auto loss. Anything over 66k heals her. Ive got a love hate relationship with antares, because i swear to God sopdet spawns at least 50% of the time for me in A1. Ive beaten her only once ever because i have no delays.

16. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene MEN... WEARING PINK?!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With IlmNerva, you really need an all or nothing approach to God Killers. My team got a lot more stable when I suppressed my oversized number fetishist and benched Antares.

xer 21 and Faust like this.
  17. Faust

Faust Active Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    This is why I suggested Cao Cao. I would take Cao Cao over Antares because of 1) better stats, 2) unbindable, 3) delay built into his active, 4) doesn't get rid of hearts, 5) no god killer, and 6) with you would have a useful amount of fire rows between Cao Cao (2 rows), Yamato (3 rows), Minerva (1 row), and Leilan (2 rows). Ilm and Leilan's boards will often give you enough fire orbs for massive row damage. The disadvantage of as set-up like that one is that 3/6 members of your team are board changers who don't have the shortest cds. Luckily stalling is doable with Minerva's defense and Ilm's RCV multiplier. You just need to wait for enemy's that don't hit too hard and that are fire, light, or dark. Stalling in the arena is key pretty much regardless of the team you use. A big part of the learning curve is just learning where you can get away without attacking to clear orbs, charge actives, heal, etc. Most recent arena-capable leads, including Ilm, can one-shot pretty much anyone in the arena except Kali (who often can be killed in one hit) and enemies with damage shields like Sopdet and Parvati, which is why all of us hate them so much.

Another option if you want to keep your rows and cut down your cd is to farm a Scarlet. What makes Scarlet amazing is that she has 2 rows, a ridiculously short cd, and a haste. The catch is that Scarlet makes fire orbs from non-fire orbs, which means you risk losing light and heart orbs. You would have to use her active very carefully.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  18. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not sure who id put in there except for a second tsubaki though. I depend on antares haste and low cooldown to take me through the dungeon. Little wary of L Kali too without Antares Godkiller.

19. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah I do think awoken cao cao is the best option in that slot, probably with a hydra inherit.

20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you want to just clear it once and be done, Lucy can do it, it's just not recommended. He's slow and you honestly have to be more careful than you would think AND you have to have a very clear understanding of the teams damage vs. specific rage points. Trust me I know, I "farmed" it with Pandora/Zuoh/Goetia(poor mans Esch before I rolled mine)/Yomi D. Goetia had Awoken Loki on her. If you know exactly how much damage you do per row it's still a chore to complete and the team is orb hungry so you do have to stall to get skills back up.

If you want to farm it, get a Yomi D, you have 2 Eschamali's, the rest is much easier to get. Also with her upcoming ultimate paired with a D/L Kanna solves a lot of issues for the team.