[Team Guide]Dusk Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by *A44, Jan 14, 2016.

1. MrPurple

MrPurple Are we nearly there yet?

User ID:
    I think you are right - may not need the active to dispel..
    Just done some maths. I can't be right... Where have I gone wrong here?

A simple 2 combo match of :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:+:light::light::light: = 763,000 on each of my 297 Tsubaki

The double :monster2:killer version is 300 ATK stronger. Thats 18%. Her 763,000 becomes 900,000
    Then, if against a dragon.. X3 X3 = 8.1 mil

Right? Nooo... Surely not?

2. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Tsubaki doesn't hit as hard as ALB, so both teams would need a sub Tsubaki for this to have any chance of working, which unfortunately means I'm out. Don't forget that you'll want delay protection on your team. While you'll probably have a little more flexibility with actives than an ALB team, the SDR tama hits really hard and delays everyone on your team. And out of curiosity, assuming you both have Ilms, is there a reason why you're going with Tsuabki leads instead of Ilm leads? Ilm has a higher RCV multiplier, a higher attack multiplier, and only needs one more orb than Tsubaki thanks to Tsubaki's 5OE requirement. I imagine there won't be many times when you'll want to use the lower end of Tsubaki's damage by leaving out the 5OE match. Definitely let us know how this goes :)

And if you're doubting your math, you can always take your team to endless corridors, dragon rush, or one of the rogue dungeons and see what happens when you hit a dragon.

3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    im thinking with that team, you start, I would have to kill Scarlet next floor (and i'd probably use ilm to guarantee the kill), and we take three turns on volsung (or you can pass to me on Linthia) so i can Grodin, then i stall for the skyfall, you kill linthia, i pass to you to kill gainaut, then on Z8, its my turn, I spike with Muse, take my best shot, and you go for the kill.

4. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh and you guys should check out this video:

Setsu is farming SDR with Yamamoto. While Yamamoto packs quite bit more muscle than Tsubaki thanks to row friendliness and a 100x multiplier, it's the same basic strategy in terms of relying on Tusbaki's twin dragon killer awakenings for the bulk of the damage.

*One last thing, be careful with locked orbs. They will seriously mess with the effectiveness of Tsubaki's active...

MrPurple likes this.
  5. MrPurple

User ID:
    Yeah, no Ilm..
    In my disposal I have 5 Tsubaki (there's a reason my avatar is her...) - 4 are 297'd and one has 2 SBR. None are the dragon killer yet hence Im doing old school maths instead of Endless :writer:..

I'd have to max my Rodin Tamazo which is fine and can be done quickly.

Today I rolled Silk. I'm gonna have to think about her. Have Gadius and Lelian but would just cram in as many dragon killer Tsubaki I think..

@xer 21
    The only floor which is not dragon is Scarlet so may need a strong attack.
    F3 Volsung would be one go. Poison and OHKO. If the dragon killer is what i think it is may only need one match of 5 orbs.
    F4 Linthia should be the same GOdin and OHKO. She's wood too :dead:
    F5 will start to mess with skyfall due to locked orbs, but on his 1st go he'll increase :fire::light: 20% if Ilm is there. May need some passing here.
    F6 Use remaining Tsubaki skills and kill or Silk but I haven't full figured out her numbers yet.

6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    if you have silk, you can inherit her in one tsubaki and just probably kill through z8's shield TBH. i can bring ilm, tsubaki, grodin and revo shiva for TPA goodness. if you're running a full tsubaki team and the one silk, thats insane burst.

7. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Why would anyone play Tsubaki over Ilmnerva? Ilmnerva seems like a straight upgrade or am I missing something?

8. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    Plenty of reasons including one or both players lack the leads, Tsubaki leads have hastes for a "system" team, and playstyle preference. Despite there being some similarity in their leader skills, I find Tsubaki a lot easier to play. I could play Tsubaki, while I'm half asleep. I would never play Ilm when I'm that tired. Also, Minerva, like all resist leads, is better or worse depending on how many enemies happen to have the resisted attributes in a particular dungeon.

9. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

I felt like a system wasnt needed with resist. Also basically everything falls into Minerva's resist category (sub att included). And friend thing isnt really restricting with discord.

About the skill required, that's true. Tsubaki is ridiculously easy to proc. Probably the best reason to play Tsubaki over Minerva

10. MrPurple

User ID:
    I have Revo minerva sat at level 1 (which I guess is no problem as it's a rougue dungeon). Never used her before as a lead either. Got a lot of love to Tsubaki and prob spent the longest stint using her over my 830 days login. IlmMin may be more powerful but with a full team of Tsubaki already at 297 I'm curios to see how well she does.
    Regarding the resist, I don't intend to stick around enough to need it! May be useful with invades but that's all..
    Been running the dungeon with Aizen recently- he's more powerful by miles but this may be more simple..
    However, I agree, IlmMin would work with the already built Tsubaki's I have. And haste systems aren't as good on coop - only the leaders will get a CD turn each turn, if you know what I mean.. But for now I'm gonna try with the one and only Tsubaki.

@xer 21
    Only amendment I'd make on your team is inherit Godin on a fire card for more fire power.. Gadius maybe - he has the devil killer for Scarlet?

11. uncleaner

uncleaner Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been running it solo with Ilm and a Tsubaki x2/Echidna/Leilan and it's actually easy, dragonkiller Tsubaki wrecks that dungeon. Tsubaki lead should handle it no problem if you pair with an Ilm friend unless you get trolled by + orbs or something.

A match five with another fire match thrown should be enough for Scarlett, and Ilm's active is enough for Z8 as long as you clear out locked orbs before his floor. Everything else will just die to a match 5.

MrPurple likes this.
  12. uncleaner

uncleaner Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I want to try her with an Aten sub, on Ilm/Minerva his damage is too insane.

Against dual type enemies he'll hit harder than anything else on a Tsubaki team with just his sub attribute lol.

13. MrPurple

User ID:
    Nice. Just evo'd one Tsubaki to dragon killer and the damage speaks for itself.
    With your team do you ignore the F4 awoken skill bind then? Echidna for the resolve on F3 I assume..
    Also does F4 always just activate the 20% f/l on turn 1 with ilm there? Says something about him looking funny?!

14. uncleaner

uncleaner Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have a Godin inherit on a Tsubaki for Linthia, I run the time badge so I can't really tank anything. Echidna can be a poison or something, but I don't have sdr latents on everything so she's good for recovering from early floor tama invades.

If you don't want to have a weird inherit on a Tsubaki you can replace one with a Chiyome since she gets 9x against Z8 and 3x against everything else.

And I've died to that f4 buff before lol, it's some bs that only works with old Ilm evos. Gungho stealth patch when.

MrPurple likes this.
  15. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    People keep on saying Elgenubi doesn't have a home b/c Krishna already has enough OE. Kind reminder that she looks like a fun Tsubaki sub

*A44, pad_n00b and xer 21 like this.
  16. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

ikr! Elgenubi looks like a great sub, basically a better Dantalion imo unless you really need that haste for whatever reason

17. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Obligatory revo suzaku mention.

More HP, more attack, and more friendly color coverage are among the many perks! Yay.

My team now looks something like Tsubaki, Elgenubi, RMinerva, Suzaku, Yamato.

I don't see myself hitting 7 combos easily with Tsubaki, but far from impossible. A Tsubaki/Ilmina combo could really optimize those 7c awakenings, provide true damage, and a shield. RCV might be a problem, but a hypered team should be ok.

18. Tobypine2

Tobypine2 Coffee drinker

PADherder:
    link
    I've been running, and clearing much short of Arena 1, with Tsu/Anteres(chibi Saria inherit)/Gadius/Urd/NY Mitsuki with Tsubaki friends.

My box had never been overly heavy in red due toREM luck, lots of wood, etc. but in past few fests ive picked up Shiva Indra, Baldin andmy first Scarlett.
    Still no Leilan,Ilm, Saria or lots of other better subs.
    I've thought of swapping Coloring Book Sakuya for Gadius or Urd but I dunno.

Any thoughts? Should I put my new Shiva in until Scarlett's skilled up?

19. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Shiva isn't really a bad sub, but his active is fairly irrelevant. Urd combined with a Tsubaki active creates a decent board, would use her over Sakuya. In general, Gadius is better unless you absolutely need a bind clear because he does have a chance of making a decent board

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Lunatic likes this.
  20. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I strongly suggest you put Ares over Urd as a sub. Urd makes you need to use a tsubaki active with her since she deosnt create light. Ares will also give you a lot of red orbs, making him a stand alone kill shot. You already have the saria inherit and mitsuki to make hearts if needed.