Teams for Arena 2 and Arena 3

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Dafkz17, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Dafkz17

Dafkz17 Active Member

User ID:
    daf
    So just curious as to what teams are the general teams and leads for Arena 2 and Arena 3.

I have several Leads with optimal to almost optimal teams. I crushed Arena 1 pretty easily with Krishna but took a couple stabs at Arena 2. Made it to Kali twice in 4 tries but no cigar. Ill get there but its arena 3 I have no idea where to go with. I just want Hera Dragon for evo for YomiDra. Its my last piece.

I have leads such as

Krishna
    Shiva
    Tsubaki
    Sarasvati
    Sumire
    Ryune
    Nepdra
    A.Parv
    A. Liu Bei
    Ilm
    ARa(not much of a Ra player)
    A. Panda
    Luci
    Yomidra

I can run all of the teams well except Ra.

My Padherder is pretty up to date. Just curious as to other players thoughts!

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Minerva-Ilm semi-casually crushes A1 and A2 for me, but I haven't looked into the proper mix of inherits for A3. If the only thing you want is HeraDra...I imagine solo I'd tweak my inherits for Indra shield and Genie shield, to buy ~9 turns, though it would bear minding the shallow 2m a card damage cap with color-advantaged dragon-killer Ilms and god-killer Tsubaki on the team. Doable though, with appropriately sized matching. Would be annoying to build just for HeraDra when she only appears 20% though, and there are some end floor sequences with Parv + Vishnu that probably overstress actives. Dunno, just musing having browsed by your post.

I mostly Aizen and MinervaIlm A1/A2, (bored of Myr and too lazy to inherit her team for A3), and have been annoyed with A3 not actually dropping radar when you beat them that I've stopped running it and put it off in favor of just scooping up guerillas.

Pretty sure we are getting a guerilla for each of the five.
    It might be a lot easier to solve that, and quicker + stoneable, than the fullblown A3.

Arranging likes this.
  3. Dafkz17

Dafkz17 Active Member

User ID:
    daf
    Interesting. Thanks you for the info!! That all makes sense but your vocabulary far exceeds my own!! Haha!! Yeah I am strictly running it for heradrag and that's it. Mind you I have t even completed A2 yet and from your post, I'm not even going to bother with a3 at all and just wait for the guerrillas as you have mentioned.

Just trying to get the evo mats for yomidra and then neprdra for when they come.

What ilm/min you run??? I have several optimal subs. Was thinking ilm/ilm/tsubaki/tsunami/a.leilan/min would be the feont runner without an obvious utility

4. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

Arena2 is pretty similar to Arena1, as long as you bring a direct damage or armor break(NepDra and Luci are automatic). Or if you run heart cross (sumire).

Yomigon with ARa inherit works, as well...

Arena 3 is a completely different beast. You typically will need to design the team for Radar dragon.

5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I am thoroughly a slacker about using what is to hand versus properly fine tuning, but 90% clears from a lot of arena familiarity has me too whatevers to chase rigor. I disinherited mylaser for I don't remember what unrelated reason, as there's no compelling reason to farm A2, and lately repeat farm arena1 with

Minerva^Hathor - Antares^SQ - Tsubaki^Saria - LGadius^ZetaHydra - Ilm - Ilm

Hathor makes the Kali floor assured. It's fine to pop Minerva early floors if convenient or needed, it's easy to stall mid to late if a recycle needs some turns.

Antares godkiller is reasonable to question, owing to Sophdet, however I have Zeta as my Sophdet solver, so it's okay, as Zeta turns allow for skyfall retry and-or conservative gradual chip. (I have Squall as a similar cd7 haste fire maker minus the godkiller, but not polished and egged. Since zeta solves, I'll probably just keep Antares.)

LGadius as a base sub is Tama floor insurance. Every once in a while, rng luck will have multiples of the bind Tama spawn and be dicks. Being able to board change and bind break withdamage cascade is a safety feature to counter that. Zeta inherit is long cd such that base LGadius is available. The offchance it happens, I deliberate stall a bit later to get Zeta back for Sophdet/Parv etc, if I feel like playing towards safety.

SunQuan as a second delay is arbitrary, random spare dupes card with delay. Having two delays is quite deliberate though. Earlyish floor perserverance Zhou Yu is a dangerous annoyance unless you delay him on sight, as he throws up a shield first move, hits solidly off resist color, has a lethal rage hit, and has weak hp that is way too easy to skyfall. I don't want to burn Zeta, who isn't up anyway that early, so I go with SQ.

A spare/second delay is also advisable on Parv or Kagu. Either could be finessed without, but a delay is safer and clearly wiser / advisable.
    (If things are going uneventfully on floor appearance trolls (and I bother to remember) I pop SQ arbitrarily to get Antares back for late floor convenience/haste.)

Saria is just a board change upgrade. I tend to pop Tsubaki/Saria fairly liberally if I'm on some midfloor not a resist color that bears killing. (Though quite a lot you can just shrug and tank, provided you are familiar/confident about hits/effects, as team rcv is great). An Ilm is reserved for Kali, and I prefer not to screw around on some appearances like Lifive (awkward damage absorb if you durdle around), so I sub Ilm him, which means I want another board change for Beelze posion (noting Antares also changes poison), or offcolor Hera-Is assurance if the board isn't sufficiently solvable (vs letting her throw binds), so having triple board change: Saria, Ilm, Ilm covers end floor sequences nicely.

Ilm is Ilm. If it was A3 I'd inherit to protect him vs HephDra, but A1 vanilla is fine, and most of my friend Ilm also don't bother to inherit.

Zeta could be some lesser delay, though extra luxury is welcome, and it makes cycling whatever back up late floors easy. Sophdet has killed me enough with a wide variety of teams/leads I don't mind delaying him into next week.

Double dragon killer and a godkiller tends to make pretty short work of floors. I could swap variously and make a better composition, with better inherits, but the percentage gains would be mild.

You aren't invincible per se, but it's pretty reliable barring overt unforced errors. Play arena enough and you die to nearly everything at some point. I died to Osiris floor once for no sensible reason on a greedy chip that multiple skyfell, with all six card actives up, of all the things...

A note you can finesse even the worst triple shieldra absorb spawn with sensible matching as Minerva Ilm can go for light or fire adequately, or can kill Gaia with light while she absorbs fire, etc, etc. There are things you can trip over or rage hits you can be unduly lazy about, but they're things you have sufficent navigation/outs to if you play sensibly.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Arranging likes this.
  6. Dafkz17

Dafkz17 Active Member

User ID:
    daf
    Holy Moses that's a lot to take in!! But fantastic info to say the least. Looks like it's time to touch up my ilm team!!! Thanks for taking the time to post!!

Not Even going to bother attempting a3 at this moment. I just took down a2!!!! Just wait out the guerrilla for heradag and keep plugging

Now to spend my 300mp in the next couple a months

awkward.fistbumps likes this.
  7. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    I don't have a good device to check your padherder but if you are willing to coop arena 3 then Krishna is probably the way to go. In coop the team will have probably around 100k hp and between two teams you can have more moves to tackle the dungeon. Coop makes Heph dragon much more doable. The HP will make most of the other dragons okay and the color advantage makes Gaia Dragon doable in the first 7 turns to make it easy. Your only problem would be a stubborn Noah dragon.

8. Dafkz17

Dafkz17 Active Member

User ID:
    daf
    Oh I would have zero problems co oping a3 as well when I could find Krishna co op players. I actually main Krishna and it is my fave lead.

That's excellent info as well! Thanks so much!