The Dragon Emperor's Conquest: Teambuilding With Sherias Roots

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Macaquinho, Aug 19, 2016.

1. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi, need some friends here. Mainly my team is: Roots/Saria/GrOdin/Wee Jaz/A.Thor. Sometimes swapping GrOdin for Apocalypse. I also have Satsuki but I don't really like her in the team because her AS also removes water orbs.
    My Roots is max skilled, 2 TE, +251, and I always put him on my first slot.
    Add me: 323 914 430 (NA)

I used to have many friends with Roots leader but somehow they switched him with another leads.

My other leads are Sarasvati (recently got her so she isn't skilled up yet), sometimes playing Saria/A.Thor.

2. sorazme

sorazme Active Member

User ID:
    391, 559, 331
    PADherder:
    link
    So I'm building a Sherias Roots team and was wondering if GaiaD is a useful sub? I have no DKali like actives other than farmables like Linthia. I'll have to finally update my padherder and see what can be made EDIT: padherder is a lost cause..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  3. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Mathematician of butt-kicking

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Gaiadra is useful for the time being. Still, you have better options: farmable choices from either Linthia or Gainaut (both loads easier to skill up than Gaiadra), or Ragdra if you have the MP. You just need one board changing sub to make an effective team. 2+ board changing subs is just luxury for Roots. Gaiadra herself is not too shabby, with amazing weighted stats, but it's not like you'll be able to use her skill more than once a dungeon, unless you're willing to fork over woodpii's to her. She also places more restrictions on team building because she lacks a skill bind resist. It's up to you if you choose to use her. But again, you got better choices that are not dictated by the REM.

4. diz

diz Active Member

A 3rd rainbow maker is really helpful, but Not that important. And @Macaquinho toll you some good options for this slot (and you already have a Fat Chocobo, not extreme good, and Linthia and Some others are better, but it is something).
    More important is the utility and you have a good Pool for it. Mostly I use 1 shield but sometimes I wish I had a 2nd (I do not have one dragon shield). Just make sure to use AIndra (2xSBR) and your variety of Roots teams are endless (not really). You also have ASakuya, AOrochi, Sun Quan, Kanna, I think I saw a Susanno...
    I think this can be more important for roots than a 3rd rainbow maker.

PS: I play DKali but I am in need of playing A DIza/Ganesha as my best Shields and they more important for me than DKali.

5. sorazme

sorazme Active Member

User ID:
    391, 559, 331
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the responses. I'm saving my ~600k mp as I'll be buying the blue puppet or else I'd grab RagDrag. So is Linthia or GaiaD a better sub? I'll be using AIndra but unfortunately no SQ and AOrochi is unavailable as he's SIed to my Sumire (although he gets little action there..) and Susano is on YY (definitely staying there). My problem is effectively covering all colors with helpful subs. ASakuya covers blue and has bind clear but red is harder to cover..unless I do ANOTHER board change in Gainaut..? Or DIza?

6. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi all,

Today I pulled Sherias Roots from the Godfest. I don't have much experience with color leads (I couldn't even beat the last C9 with the fixed Roots team...), but Roots looks so cool and I like dragons so I'm interested in the possibility of making a Roots team. I have some of his better subs - Sakuya, DKali, Indra and Susano, Orochi - and am wondering what the absolute all-purpose team I can make is. Some considerations:

1) If I can improve my skills enough to master Roots, I want a team that can take on high-end content. That means C9s and C10s, and the Ultimate Arenas (maybe even the Annihilation dungeons if Roots can do those).

2) I do single-player only.

3) I have the MP to buy Ragnarok, but would prefer to hold off on the purchase until or unless I'm absolutely sure that I want to run my Roots team, so probably after the PCGF at the earliest. So I'd like team suggestions for running Roots with and without Ragnarok.

My PADherder is up-to-date. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  7. filphil

filphil New Member

caveat emptor - I suck so take my advice with a grain of salt

Sakuya, Dkali, indra - covers all your colors and sbr needs and will serve as a base for your team. If you swap in ragdra for dkali you'll want susano for the fire coverage and tpas. I don't think ragdra is worth it with what you have unless you absolutely want to main the roots and then by all means ragdra is a straight upgrade to dkali imo.

I've cleared c9 and c10 with roots/ragdra/susano/tamazo x a.odin/balboa/roots albeit not easily. I think with the subs you listed you should have a much easier time than I do. I'm not consistent enough to clear A1 with roots(other rainbows as well) of any variation because I have difficulty with combo shields. I'm able to clear with ronove if luck is on my side with spawns for reference.

bookwyrm likes this.
  8. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    @bookwyrm with what you currently have, Ragdra is more of a luxury than a requirement. You got (almost) all the key subs in order to make an all-around utility team. I would make a go-to team with DKali, AIndra, AOrochi, ASakuya.

If you want an unbindable team for the lulz, go sub in DKali, ASusano, ASakuya, Ragdra (if you buy him). Otherwise, Tamazo Odin with an inherit can fit in there too. Ragdra being unbindable, having godkiller, and also a board change, he just brings so much to the table that the luxury almost seems like a necessity.

Other subs worthy of mention in your box are Awoken Kushi , Balboa, Droidragon (pre-uvo, for board shuffle), Tamazo Godin, and awoken Okuni. Consider inheriting Sheen since Awoken Okuni's enhance isn't very substantial (though it is an amazeballs combo with his delay).

As long as DKali is in there, it's all a matter of plug-n-pasting the subs you need/want depending on the dungeon's mechanics. I personally think AOrochi deserves a perma-spot too, his delay's just waaaay too good to pass up.

Iluvatar and bookwyrm like this.
  9. diz

diz Active Member

Today I rage rolled Balboa for a my Roots deck. Roots, DKali, Sakuya, Balboa (now I know why I saved the 9 green piis), XXX looks good. Not sure about the last spot, maybe AOKUNINUSHI when I get a Xuansang?
    AOroshi is also nice. Kanna looks a bit to much...
    Not sure if I should still aim for RagDra, but He has so much utility. It is hard to resist.

10. filphil

filphil New Member

Please don't pii balboa. His skill up has been on reasonable rotation for 2 or 3 months now. =D

If you pick up that ragdra though then pii away!

11. diz

diz Active Member

I have enough green Piis for a RagDra, so it was a good decision to make some free box space.

12. Arranging

Arranging I will find you, my Gemstone Princess!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Arranging
    342,686,313 NA
    Max-Skilled
    +297
    Time Extend 3x, SDR 2x
    No Inherits
    Sherias Roots always in slot 1. Other leads include: Vishnu, ALuci, ALB, Miru, AKushinada

13. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been lax on the friend list adding so much, will get to that business very soon. I'll like your post of being adding once I finish doing that.

On another note, about the recent jp stream...
    *MAN*, nothing there pertaining to Roots happened, lead/subwise. Stream was very disappointing with respect to the new monsters they showed. On the other hand, latent killer awakenings! Since Roots is already part devil, you can stack more godkiller awakenings (3 more with the 6th latent spot). Assuming killer latents can be stacked, 3x1.5^3 = ~10x damage against gods, wowzas! To be fair, that sort of natural multiplier would make it impossible to deal with Sopdet. Well, you gotta choose wisely.

One more thing I do wanna ask from you guys is that I'm contemplating buying a 2nd Ragdra. I got that Another Crusader rare invade (after ~70 runs!) and will have pretty much his perfect team if I buy the 2nd Ragdra. I can also use that 2nd Ragdra for Roots, as well, maybe inheriting a bind clear or Balboa into him. Do you guys think it'd be worth buying another Ragdra? Might nuke some of the spare GFE's that are just lying around for him. Still, I could change up my box and buy a Nepdra to since I got Noahdra. At least Nepdra can serve as a poison sub if I'm not keen on making his team. Decisions decisions...

14. Arranging

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As long as you're not replacing anything that is vital to your Sherias Team it should be a nice to run a second RagDra for the haste, awakenings, and board change.
    On top of that, RagDra is, in my opinion, the best MP Dragon since it can be used in so many teams such as Ronove, Mathena, Kushinada(?), and I've read that it works well on a RaDra team despite its lack of God Typing.

Macaquinho likes this.
  15. diz

diz Active Member

@Macaquinho: I do not have Ragnarok (but he will be my next purcase, 120k and some useless 3rds to sell) and I think I will never have a 2nd Ragnarok (even if we will get this 300k MP present japan will recive), so my answer will not have the highest value.

Just for Roots it should be enough to play 1 Ragnarok (as the 3rd and final board changer). In my eyes utily is more needed (even 20x can kill nearly everything).
    I have Baldin since yesterday and does a great job on the team. Also AOrochi/AOkuni.
    This is the only team with less then 30k HP. It feels crazy. Over 100x Atk, 3 godkillers, but just ~28 HP.

Okay, Ragnarok have a lot of great awakenings, another god killer, and 2 haste effects are nice to have, but a 4th orb orbchanger is not needed.

PS: Yesterday I tried god rush (the harder version) and I was killed by a 30k+ preemtive. Are shield effects a possibility aganist them?

Arranging likes this.
  16. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I assume you were killed by DQ Hera's pre-emptive. You should pop you shield before reaching her floor. Inheriting Thanatos or any shield to one of your team member, or stack up dark resist latent awakenings.

17. Arranging

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Died in Arena 2 due to the tilt... If I had made the last Wood Match I would've been able to one shot :c
    [​IMG]
    I was, however able to clear it the next run after that so it was good! :D Got myself a Shynpy!
    [​IMG]
    DKali has Ra Inherit
    Orochi has Awoken Susano Inherit
    Friend's Team: SheriasRoots/RB Ame/AYomi/AOrochi/LKali

How do I change the image size...? I am quite a noob when it come to these things...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Macaquinho likes this.
  18. Shift17

Shift17 Member

So i took a bit harder of a look at my box and i realized i have some awesome options for my riots team. Too many options for me to decide. I have 2x roots ragdrag sakuya dkali baldin balboa orochi indra susano. I also have lightning available as a possible inherit to upgrade roots active. My initial thought was roots/roots/sakuya/ragdrag/baldin. Basically that last slot could be baldin susano or dkali. Dkali has 2 TEs which would be helpful but her active is pretty redundant considering the dupe roots and ragdrag. Baldin seems awkward because i feel like you wont want both parts of his active at the same time. I dunno though I have some serious first world problems right now.

Macaquinho likes this.
  19. diz

diz Active Member

Roots, RagDra, Baldin, ASakuya, XXX.

A lot of time and 3 godkiller and all colors are a perfect base. Last spot could be another god killer in form of Balboa. Or more time and haste in form of AIndra. Also AOrochi makes a good job when you can find a floor for him. But 3 board changer are enough.
    When you find something like a standard, the unused make great SI's. DKALI on RagDra or Roots. Baldin, Balboa, AINDRA on AIndra, Balboa, Baldin. Or when you have another Bind cleaner you could do something like ASakuya!Balboa and Baldin!Amaterasu or something like this.

BTW I max + my team (Roots, DKali, ASakuya, Balboa, Orochi, AOkuni will follow soon) snd reached 30k HP with this 5% badge.

PS: You are right with Balboa and his 2 effects. Thats why you should use another shield or delay. Esp with your Pool you have a good variety of options for nearly every situation. Def reduction and a attack boost in combination with shielding is like having a swiss knife.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Macaquinho likes this.
  20. Shift17

Shift17 Member

Wow. Im surprised dupe roots is a no go. Anyway ill probably do orochi in last slot for now until susano/indra are up and running. Thanks for the advice