The Dragon Emperor's Conquest: Teambuilding With Sherias Roots

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Macaquinho, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If anyone is looking for roots friends please add me. I have a BFF w/ halloween sonia but AS has like 25 turn CD which is so brutal...

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How do y'all feel about HGran/DKali/A.Indra/A.Orochi/A.Sakuya? I know it only has 2 board changers (including friend Roots), but I don't have another DKali or a RagDra. Is it still worth investing in?

3. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Mathematician of butt-kicking

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd say go for it. If you absolutely need to have an extra board changer (Ragdra furtively waving at your direction), replace A Sakuya or A Indra depending on the dungeon. Besides, Radra teams are pretty much forced to work with only 2 board changers, so with HGran as a lead, it's not much different, active/strategy-wise. Flexibility with the multiplier in matching 5/6 colors allows you to get away with one less board change and still do consistent damage.

4. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sounds good, thanks. I will definitely work towards RagDra, but YY ate my MP pretty recently (and has yet to do much with it).

On another note, thanks for adding me! 1/1 so far on Arena with the team haha. Was a pretty quick and easy run, nothing all that threatening. Thought I was going to die when LKali bound both my leads at once. I had blown Sakuya at the start of the floor to make sure Kali didn't ragehit me, but I almost one-shot her so I don't think I needed it haha. Managed to kill Kali with 20.25x. Will remember to save Sakuya next time.

5. Random Kitty

Random Kitty Just another Ronia n00b

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I posted on here a while ago, when I first rolled Roots. Finally pulled together enough decent dragon subs and skilled up Roots to start playing with him for reals. Desperately need Roots and/or Halloween Gran friends.

RandomKitty
    315 518 373 [NA]
    Skill Max +297 no latents or inherited skill
    A. Shiva, L. Kali, Panda, Kushi, Saria

It seems all the current propular leads right now use the cross gimmick and I do not like it one bit. What happened to working for your combos?

Macaquinho likes this.
  6. mageslay3r

mageslay3r Member

User ID:
    316-218-480
    PADherder:
    link
    Have you looked at renove he's been making me work for my combos

7. Random Kitty

Random Kitty Just another Ronia n00b

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @mageslay3r I don't have a Ronove, I haven't been rolling much lately so I don't have many of the patheons/GFE that have come out in the past year. I got Roots on a spur of the moment roll I did with a family member.

Besides, I do have A.Anubis and am waiting for A.Kushi to come to NA. So when I do feel like pushing (punishing) myself I can. If I could hit 10+ combos more reliably I would run A.Anubis all the time.

8. diz

diz Active Member

I really love this sonia gran dungeon with 40k HP.

9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pulled a Roots, he's hypered with 3 TE's and 2 SDR's. Looking for new friends.

10. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice one man, hope Roots treat ya well! I've been lax on this guide (again), but I'm always stealthily reading the new posts! Again, other mobile games are taking up my time (Tales of Link, Marvel Tsum Tsum). That, and I'm terribad at managing my time :dead:. Rest assured that updating this guide is always in the back of my head.

It's too bad I didn't roll anything interesting in the 10 stone GFE REM. Zuoh's a decent consolation, at least. Alas, no DKali, dupe Roots, or any game changing rolls I got.

11. mageslay3r

mageslay3r Member

User ID:
    316-218-480
    PADherder:
    link
    unfortunately i pulled the best renove team around and subsequently stopped playing roots.
    i do love recovery multipliers over heart cross here hoping for roots buff

12. diz

diz Active Member

Do you play only 1 team? I played Roots and Sumire most of the time. But yesterday I did sea of trees with Pandora. A team I didn't played for months.

13. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Just you wait, I'lll make a prayer circle for Roots to get a Radra-style buff for his uvo.
    ...Anyone willing to be a sacrifice for the circle?

I have quite an optimal Myr team, but I don't use her as much as Roots. Roots is just so much more fun to plan teams and play with. Myr is sorta a necessary evil for me to keep up with the game.

In other news, this announcement may be a bit tardy, but for the husbando lovers, awoken Okuni arrived (this handsome mofo ). 2 turn delay + 1.5x dark att attack for 2 turns is nothing to scoff at. Definitely worthy of filling up the wood slot for Roots.

14. Arranging

Arranging I will find you, my Gemstone Princess!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry if this has been answered before, but I was thinking of ways to imrpove my team and I was wondering if I should swap ASusano for AIndra.
    My current team is: SR, DKali, RagDra, ASusano, AOrochi

Is AIndra any better than ASusano or is it just a preference kind of thing?

Also, looking for some Sherias friends :3

15. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    In your case, AIndra is better over ASusano because of SBR requirements (AOrochi, ASusano have no SBR). AIndra is better in many cases obviously due to a more powerful shield. But ASusano is a great card to swap around when no skill binds are present. He can serve as an "oh shit!" button when you need to tank but your leads are bound. If you want to get a bit more experimental, swap out AOrochi in your current team for an unbindable water (sub-)type card to make a Roots team with unbindable subs.

Arranging likes this.
  16. Arranging

Arranging I will find you, my Gemstone Princess!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the advice, I'll add in Indra as soon as I can then! :3

Unfortunately, I have no unbindable water cards except for my LMeta...

17. 15 Lonely Jackalopes

15 Lonely Jackalopes Active Member

Just got myself ragnarok dragon last night to help out my roots team, working on evolution right now.

Just wondering what assist badge do you guys use on your teams? I'm using time extend right now but thinking I might be better off using the bind resist. Thoughts?

Macaquinho likes this.
  18. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    If bind resist worked on both your own and partner leads, I woulda used that badge like crazy. Too bad that's not the case, so my personal go-to is the RCV badge. It helps me to conserve heal orbs and stall more efficiently if I need to get back to full HP from a heavy hit. Worthy mentions are the HP badge (for barely meeting thresholds), unbind badge (at least your lead will do the partial multiplier), and skill boost badge (for short stages where you can't afford to stall).

@Random Kitty I forgot about adding ya, so I will get to it soon since I feel motivated to update the guide. Sorry for the tardy response!

Arranging likes this.
  19. diz

diz Active Member

I use the time badge for 'no awoken skill' dungeons and for everything else I use the HP badge to reach 30k+ HP.

20. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I've been running Arena 1 more now, and I am getting pretty consistent using Roots/Roots and Roots/HGran. Using a team of Roots, Dkali (new roll from 10 stone REM), RagDrag, AIndra, AOrochi (was using ASakuya before, but binds don't seem too bad). Having killers is so nice when you suck like me and sometimes only get the 5 colour match. It still will kill most floors with a tpa of light, green, or blue. So good.

I also love that I don't need to rely on any inherits on my team. It's so nice not worrying about timing actives to be sure to use the right one on the card. Sucks to inheriting! hah

This is the best I have done yet in Arena. Go Roots!

diz, Arranging and philsov like this.