Tips for most efficient use of quest dungeons

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Macromind101, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Macromind101

Macromind101 Member

User ID:
    Macromind101
    So the countdown for the hour-long dungeons I received from the difficulty quests is starting to approach the expiration date so I figured I should get a jump on that. Ideally, I should get the most out of the hour I have so I thought I should save up on magic stones and form a push-button team (I never made one as of yet) so to speed through the dungeons and refresh stamina for an hour to get the most out of the dungeons as possible.

My first question is, ideally, how many stones should I have saved up before initiating countdown for each of the reward dungeons? I am rank 518 currently (and I anticipate ranking up about 10 more levels before my push button team is ready - I think that is around 280 stamina). The dungeons I am referring to are the weekday dungeons, King Dragon Infestation, Tamadra Infestation, etc. My plan being to clear the lower-level dungeons once and spend the remaining time clearing the top dungeon (which is 50 stamina for the weekdays and 99 for most of the infestations).

Second question is if the Liu Bei + 4 Zeus Dios (without multiplayer) is a reliable push-button team for all the quest dungeons? The ones I am somewhat doubtful about are Monday legend and Extreme King Metal Dragon (as in, is the Mercury Genesis spike reliable for those guys?). Also, I've only seen the Liu Bei farming strategy for multiplayers. So would a single player Liu Bei/Dios team (assuming all max skilled and fully awakened) be remarkably hindered via the Zeus Dios starting the battle with one or two countdown turns still left? (I do have the skill boost badge though, btw)

2. Majora

Majora Would really like to have some Diaochans

User ID:
    The way I see quest reward dungeons are that they are guerilla dungeons that you can choose to play as and when you like it (until they expire that is), so how many stones you want to spend depends on how desperately you need certain stuff and how you usually farm these dungeons. And plus, evo mat dungeons are not worth stoning at all lol. Plus, it's more efficient and cheaper to farm the lower level for certain dungeons like Predra and Tamadra Infestations.

ALB team doesn't work anywhere as well in solo. Zeus Dios requires 16 turns at max skill and a team of ALB and 4 Zeus Dios is only 12 turns of SB. However, since most of these dungeons are only five floors, you may be able to get away with replacing a Zeus Dios with Tengu and using the SB badge. This allows Zeus Dios to be up on the second turn and you only need five orb changers to sweep through. As for damage, I'm not too sure but since the stuff you are farming are pretty weak the team should be able to kill everything, even without coop boost awakening.

But tbh, there are better ways to farm these dungeons lol. Everything but the highest difficulty weekend dungeons pretty much use low HP high DEF enemies which can be killed by true damage, poison or damage void easily (just gotta do some inheriting to deal with the pesky skill delays from Latent Tamadras). Or you can even use Kagutsuchi to brainlessly speed farm jewel dragon infestations and the lower levels of weekend dungeons (idk if that works for the other quest dungeons but I highly doubt it).

3. hirosan31

hirosan31 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Majora lower level of predra and tamadra are not the most efficient anymore. SDR invade more often on higher lvl, and for tamadra higher lvl has always at least one TAMADRA drop.

Majora likes this.
  4. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Out of all those dungeons, only Tamadra worth stoning. I wouldn't sweat even if I couldn't clear them all in the time window given. You won't even get a stone after clearing them all.

5. Majora

Majora Would really like to have some Diaochans

User ID:
    Oh my bad. I wasn't aware of Tamadra Village being buffed (and only confirming that after a lot of Googling to find just a single Reddit thread referencing so). Predra wise I was thinking from the perspective of farming MP for some strange reason. Latents wise (even if we're not talking about SDR), it is indeed better to farm the 99 stamina version. Guess that's what I get from trying to work this out at 2.30am lol.