Transferring and Saving an Account [iOS]

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Lifesavorz, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

Ok, I have heard many players ask "oh, well, I kinda want to keep this account" when rerolling, but don't know how. I didn't really know where to put this, so I'll just leave it for the mods to move it haha :p

First, download a file manager/browser for what ever computer software you have. I highly suggest "iFunbox", and this is what I am familiar with, so this guide will be for iFunbox. Just Google it and follow all the download instructions.

Once you have downloaded iFunbox, connect your iOS device into your computer with the USB.

1. Open iFunbox.

2. You will be brought to a Welcome screen. Close any popups such as app promotions, free apps, popular apps etc.

3. Look to the top. You will see tabs labled "iFunbox Classic" "Managing App Data" "Quick Toolbox" "Find More Apps" and whatever your iOS device is named, and what the device is. For example, mine is "Jason's iPhone 4S [ iPhone 4S ]".

4. Click on the "Managing App Data" tab.

5. You will be brought to a screen with the tabs "My Favorites" "iTunes File Sharing" and "All My Apps". Underneath the "All My Apps" tab, there will be a smaller "Click to show all" tab. Click that.

6. Now it will show all your apps installed on your iOS Device. Click on "pad" (if you want to save Japanese game) or "padEN (If you want to save an English game.).

7. Once you click on it, a popup will appear, with folders and the App Data. The folders consist of: "Documents" "Library" "padEN.app" and "tmp"

8. The Documents folder is where your save game is. Specifically, the data048.bin and the data056.bin files. If you want to save space, open the documents folder and copy those instead. For sake of time, I will call it the "Ra account".

9. Copy the documents folder (or data048.bin and data056.bin if you want to be precise.) and place it somewhere you will remember in your computer.

There, you have successfully saved your Ra account in your computer, where it is safe from harm! Wait... you must be asking... "but how to I play on it when I need it?" Good question!

Before you do anything, repeat the whole process of saving a save game on your device. Because once you insert the Ra account, it will overwrite your current save. Which means your active account may be lost forever (You don't want that to happen!)

1. Copy the "Documents" / "data048.bin and data056.bin files that you saved to your computer. (Ra account.)

2. Go back into iFunbox, and navigate all the way back to "pad" or "padEN" (steps 3-6 on the top of the post)

3. Then, after you have saved everything, paste it in "pad" or "padEN".
    Note that if you copied the data048.bin and data056.bin files, paste it inside the actual "Documents" folder.

4. It will automatically overwrite the current save game.

5. Go back into Puzzle and Dragons, and you will notice that your reroll account with Ra is back!

If you ever want to switch back, just repeat the process, except backwards. Send my a PM if you have any trouble (I know this guide may have been confusing... Im sorry, I tried my best to make it as simple as possible) This was the first guide I have posted, so very open to suggestions etc.

If you need any help or suggestions, just PM me, LINE, or Kik! :D My LINE is Lifesavorz and my Kik is Jason77776.

2. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

RE: How to "save" an account for later use (iOS)

Also, this is how I backup my accounts, instead of iCloud, because it is glitchy for me and I have ran out of storage space of iCloud lol.

3. rigormortis

rigormortis New Member

To save some space on your harddrive, you only need to copy/paste data048.bin and data056.bin to the saved game folders. Might not seem like a lot, but it adds up.

4. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

Thanks :) I just copy the whole folder because my hardrive is no where near full :p

5. rigormortis

rigormortis New Member

The whole documents folder as of now is 93.9 MB, compared to ~100kb for just the 2 files. If one has, say, 20 game saves, that's 1.878gb vs 2mb. :) I have like 50 saved rolls, lol.

6. DrammaLamma

DrammaLamma Active Member

PADherder:
    link

Good guide.

Putting a Link to this in my android guide now.

7. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

Woot :)

8. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

wow. i have one saved, since I dont reroll that much, and I find it tiring during non-godfest xD Ill try to get as many gods as I can during next godfest :p I have iFile, a mobile version of this, so all my save games are on my phone.

9. Back 5

Back 5 Active Member

Why go through all the trouble of saving these files?

10. jro

jro New Member

Why does anyone ever backup anything?

With these files, you can switch back and forth between accounts, or restore the game if something happens to your phone.

11. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

So...you don't lose your account?

12. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

So players who roll lets say... a Horus, or a Ra, or a Lucifer, want to keep and play on that account, while still playing on their main. I know its a hassle, but it becomes quite easy once you get the hang of it. :) I'm jailbroken, so I have iFile, a mobile file browser. Which means I can do all of this without a computer, even less work :p

13. Chellspecker

Chellspecker New Member

Is iFile by Darkness Production? I'm not jailbroken, and want an app that I can use to manage files on my phone. There's a bunch of apps with iFile in the name showing up in the App Store. Is it available for non-jailbroken phones, do you know?

14. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

Unfortunately, it is not available for non-jailbroken devices. No, don't buy iFile by darkness production. The file manager apps on the App Store are all things for business people on organizing their business files in their phone etc.. So don't trust people on the App Store for file browsing apps. Just download on a computer, or jailbreak your device! :)

15. Dubby

Dubby Dubulubu ♥

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RE: Transferring and Saving a Account [iOS]

~Moved to guides for now

16. kokowam

kokowam New Member

iTools works for both jailbroken and non-jailbroken devices

17. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

Yeah, I just like iFunbox :p But both iTools and iFunbox have the same purpose and will work just as fine.

18. RGIII

RGIII New Member

does iFunBox work on non-jailbroken phones? i have an account on my iPad that i want to switch to my iPhone later today, once i buy it.

19. Lifesavorz

Lifesavorz Member

Yes, I works for non-jailbroken devices, although I have heard problems with iPad Mini... but as far as I know of, most devices will be covered. Thanks for looking at this thread xD

20. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble restoring my original account after backing up and re-rolling during JPN godfest. I used iFunbox and copied data048.bin and data056.bin from the Documents folder to my desktop. I did a few re-rolls and now I want to restore my original account. I copied the two .bin files from my desktop back into the Documents folder on iFunbox, but when I open up P&D I still have the newest account. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Did I mess up by not copying the whole Documents folder? Should I delete the app and re-download before restoring?