Ugh! What is up with Diaochan?

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Son_of_Poseidon, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Son_of_Poseidon

Son_of_Poseidon Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Let me first start off by saying that I love the three kingdom series! I absolutely love Dynasty Warriors, and to see those in this game is absolutely amazing. Well, let's get down to business... Diaochan... I just feel like for such a rare card, she leaves a lot wanting still. I mean she is a 6* pantheon (in my opinion harder to get than 6* GFE because with the GFEs, they come around every GF), so shouldn't she be overwhelming?

Personally, I really like all of this pantheon except Diaochan. The TPAs on each are really helpful and are in meta right now. Semi Yi is going to be great for the DAthena team. Gan Ning is a great sub for any team that likes having Sheat. Ma Chao is a great addition to the already great green TPA teams. Xiahou Dun is a great addition to the TPA red teams even though there aren't too many.

Then there's Diaochan. Resists in this meta??? Why??? She is the only one without 2 TPAs and a Skill boost. They traded those for the resists. On top of that, all the others are dual orb changers... what does she get? A low cd skill that is a time extend and unlocks orbs (I like the unlocks orbs, but still...).

At least she has good stats and awakenings, so she could be a good card to put assists on... Oh, wait! D+ weighted stats??? Not so great awakenings. She is a 6 star pantheon! At least the 6 star GFEs come around every godfest.

Ugh, of course out of everyone in the pantheon, I pull her. If anyone sees a good use for her let me know because I don't see it. All I see is dust or MP. Why did they have to skimp out on a 6* pantheon... Even the dark one is just like the rest of the pantheon!

Edit: Also she is a pantheon 6* but only worth 5k MP???? She should be worth more than the 6* GFEs because the GFEs come around every GF! Play for the rolls, stay for the trolls... At least I pulled my first Balboa and Eshcamali yesterday. I also pulled my first Archangel Luci... Years after I rerolled for him back when he was op. (I've been playing off and on since the reign of Luci... So much has changed, lol).

To leave it on a good note, shout out to the artist! These pantheon cards look amazing! I just hope my fav from dynasty warriors comes to PAD: Ling Tong.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
  3. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd use her. 7c awakening is nice. Also, good inherit base

Arranging and LazarusPD like this.
  4. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Shes a good card to inherit onto, if you run Hathor and don't have Pollux she can replace that. The 7c2x awakening is actually pretty good.

5. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lol, ok. You got me on one use, but is she really any good at all though? That is such a niche situation. I'm just saying she is so subpar from the others in this pantheon. Like why did they have to make just her different?

@Sherufanir

You'd think a 6* pantheon would be replacing cards not a replacement if you don't have something though...

6. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How is she such a great inherit base? I mean her 7c awakening is nice and helps her mediocre attack, but still. Wouldn't most other cards you'd inherit on her be better to use do to her sub par awakenings (other than 7c) and low stats?

7. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

This will change to 15k in a later update iirc.

And honestly that active skill is bonkers. Back before skill inheritance it would've been pretty lame, but the fact that she can clear up two status effects (locked orbs + time debuffs) whenever the hell you feel like AND charge up for something if you aren't dealing with those effects is great. It's sort of like Ronove's active--it does just enough to be useful, and has basically no cooldown.

Arranging and wangatang0830 like this.
  8. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm not saying she is absolute trash, but compared to the others in her panth she seems so niche and mediocre...

9. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

Eh, I'd say that a pretty good portion of this pantheon is kinda niche.
    --People mostly care about Sima Yi because of DAthena.
    --Xiahou Dun converts away light, meaning that he's got no place on Kenshin/Ilmina or Minerva/Ilm, which are definitely two of the better red teams.
    --Are blue TPAs a thing? I guess people still play Rukia?
    --Ma Chao...eh. He's less exceptional because green has about a million other really good TPA subs as is.

Now, I'm certainly not saying this is a bad pantheon by any means--really would've loved to pull any of them--but I think they're all kind of specific in their uses.

Arranging likes this.
  10. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Short CD means the inherited skill comes up faster. There is stat boost from on color inherits, so her low stats won't be completely low anymore :p

It's situational, but given the right combo, it could work. Like if I wanted to inherit a shield onto a light team but everything had a CD that was too long. Probably not the best example, but like I said, it's situational based on what you want to do

Arranging, LazarusPD and PDF3 like this.
  11. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ya, I can see that, but I feel like she would be outclassed by other cards. I just feel like she would be better if she was like the rest of the panth.

12. Lunatic

Lunatic PaD_n00b

User ID:
    Lunatic
    Two Diaochan is optimal on Anubis.

13. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was really hoping for Sima Yi (I do have the perfect A3 D Athena team without the perfect inherits, so he would be more of a luxury sub: 3 A Haku and an A Loki). I just personally feel like the others are a lot easier to make meta than Daiochan. Ma Chao is outclassed by a lot of TPA subs, but he has a dual orb change and orb unlock with a 7 turn CD. He also doesn't effect hearts, which a lot of dual orb changers do.

14. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    You start your post by saying Sima Yi is great for Dathena. That's just 1 team and that's the only reason anyone wants him. Very niche. Yet Diaochan, who is amazing on an Anubis team, is just mediocre, even though it's an identical niche situation? Just sounds like you don't have a use for her so "she's bad."

Arranging, Zaku, Roe Stack and 3 others like this.
  15. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    basically any team with a skill usage clause would love her. Revo Horus and Revo Ra immediately come to mind. two of these on a Horus or Ra team would mean you could hit full mult on every singe activateable board.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  16. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just believe that Diaochan is not the most niche for the future. I mentioned Sima Yi because he can be on most dark TPA teams. He also pairs extremely well as an inherit on row teams that contain a Zuoh, haku, typhon, or even ronia active. It's more of an annoyance of the damage reduction awakenings. I feel like she could have so much more potential with them. I'm also confused why they would make one oddball instead of all the same or just the L and D pantheons different.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  17. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Shes pretty much a staple on Anubis rn. Double Diaochan.

18. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    *looks at my double diaochan in my box*

*has no sima yi got two diaochan instead*

I'm gonna be making a light-based Kushinadahime team when her Reincarnated evolution comes around, Revo Kush is bonkers and I don't own Anubis. I'll be overwriting her actives but honestly 2 turn cooldown is bonkers, if I used Revo Ra more often she'd be a great sub, it's the same reason Awoken Isis was so good. After all Awoken Isis seems pretty mediocre compared to the other Egyptians even at the time of their initial release when Bastet and ARa stomped the meta and here's a few reasons why...

1. Uncommon colors. Back then B/G was really hard to find and Isis had it, plus she was unbindable. L/D is still a hard color to cover fore frequently so Diaochan has advantage of covering L/D and not being Pollux.

2. 7-combo 2x attack awakening. It's not a TPA and since she only has one 7c2x while the other 3K2 guys have 2 TPAs, she only outputs 2x damage compared to 2.25x. But that's honestly not much difference, and Diaochan still preserves the advantage of damage control that TPA also has (don't make 7 combos vs don't make 4-orb matches).

3. Short cooldown. This was why Awoken Isis became one of the best subs in the game, and is still considered part of Ra Dragon's ideal template. Short turn active. A.Isis's active on its own doesn't really do much but it was critical to activating Awoken Ra on a regular basis and became a great skill to overwrite later on with something else. Diaochan falls in the same category--this is why Revo Venus and Revo Parvati are considered good enough as Ra Dragon ideal sub replacements.

It's just a bunch of little things that ultimately add up to a card with a niche that is becoming more and more valuable. It started out niche but now with skill inheritance she is a legitimately good card. It can be argued that "a card shouldn't need skill inheritance to be good" but skill inheritance has been integrated into the game and is here to stay, so why shouldn't we add it into our framework of how we judge new releases? Shouldn't we be glad that Diaochan is essentially a card with a blank space for an active card, letting you customize almost whatever you want? That's actually pretty darn unique and really cool!

I have rambled on for way too long and it's probably because I have two of them :banghead:

Oh I forgot also

4. she is a cute waifu

apparently that is really important.

waifu marketing doesn't really work on me but gotta add that in :angelic:

Arranging, Murdurus, cjo and 5 others like this.
  19. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

I just came here to say that Diao Chan is the best and your wrong opinion is wrong. kthxbai

20. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    Yes she is.

I'd wager 2 of her is optimal on virtually any team that requires using a skill to achieve full multiplier (even off color). Her active is EXTREMELY useful for teams that rely on pure combo ability; more time is everything. The fact she gets rid of locks is also an added bonus.

You also underestimate the usefulness of resists still in this day and age. There are only so many latent slots and for teams without an HP multi, light and dark resists (two elements with 100% gravities) that come standard with her is actually quite good. Saves you slots to use on something else.

Arranging, ko300zx, cjo and 4 others like this.