Ult Ars Nova, Goetia, and Split ult Seraphis. Thoughts

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Jsttu, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No one has posted about these evolutions, and i'm curious what people think about them. Of significance is the SBR both grimoires will get, do you think that will make them more viable subs? Their leader skill seems like a glass cannon farming lead for those without ALB or Meri.

For reference: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=641

MegatronG likes this.
  2. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

I think Goetia/Ars Nova are great. IMO they are quite different from ALB/Meri/Yamamoto, because Goetia/Ars Nova are unconditional, like Shivadra.

And honestly, unconditional 49x is no joke, especially considering UUevo Shivadra is only 39x. While Shivadra pack triple TPAs, the Grimoires pack tons of OEs, and has a much better AS than Shivadra.

The most significant place I can think of where the Uevo Grimoires are gonna shine is ranking dungeons. In particular, Goetia. Ragdra's killers will make max damage score very easy to achieve, and Gronia provides an extremely strong on colour bicolour board.

For every day farming, I think I'll prefer Ars Nova. L/R sub pool is pretty great: Ariel, Attacker Ama, Awoken Baal, Ilm, Pollux, and Saria are all very strong subs.

Marr, Arranging, Jph81 and 4 others like this.
  3. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Excited for Ars Nova. I have a lot of F/L. Ariel x2 for ThreePA :D

4. Unknown_PC

Unknown_PC Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Quite some farming potential on the Grimoires. I'm actually pretty excited to run wood systems on Goetia, either with 4x Urahara or some split Osiris. Drop one of them for Ragnarok in ranking dungeons for the killers.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  5. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    personally i'm going to try out a quad zuoh approach with goetia just because i havent sold any of them yet...

xer 21 likes this.
  6. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

I'm quite interested in the giant death robot DEATHpharion. Something like DEATHpharion/Escha/Hamal/Barbara/Barbara/DEATHpharion in co-op can bring massive death & deathstruction.

7. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I mean, they differ from Shivadra somewhat, but basically they fill the same niche, right? Good for ranking dungeons and Arena 1, but mostly worse than Swipe/Button teams otherwise.

8. Near

Near Active Member

x49 unconditional (besides the type req.) is pretty great, but I already have other farming leads. Any use for them as subs?

9. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ars nova is pretty hilarious with maeda keiji's active if a random light orb skyfall happens. currently i have ariel, saria, ilm, and maeda for the best subs. will probably fiddle with the team since its such a powerful unconditional.

10. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, budget Esch/LEsch (from an awakenings standpoint), and they're really low CD orb makers AND enhancers. this allows them to fix a lot of boards.

11. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

As someone who never bought Shivadra, now I'm glad that I didn't. Indeed like you said, they fill a similar niche.

12. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

surprise u end up holding back on shivagon purchase lol

wangatang0830 likes this.
  13. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I'll try out Ass Nova bit since my Goetia subs are all undeveloped, but I am wondering if she's really on a decent level. her atk multiplier is nice but she literally has nothing else. she's lacking the RCV multiplier the other farm leads have and is the increased multiplier really that much better compared to ShivaDra, considering you have no TPAs on your leader? if you put in 1 TPA subs like Ama or Saria I don't really know if that'll give you the damage you want.

14. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really hyped for DOrph as a lead, incredible bulk high damage and perfect damage control, sub pool is limited but on point, although a lack of heart makers kinda sucks.

15. whyme

whyme Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Goetia! She was my first pull, and I even sent away my starter dragon to make her first on my CHR list!

xer 21 likes this.
  16. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

My body is ready

Marr, Arranging, fabien and 4 others like this.
  17. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Damn it suddenly I want ramen

18. BoBo

BoBo Awoken Yomi / Verdandi

User ID:
    BoBo
    PADherder:
    link
    Unconditional is great as 2 combos is too much thinking. I'll try Goetia/Zuohs.

19. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    Unconditional x49 is a lot better than most are understanding. You can run Tifa as a sub for shields and Heart breaking on Ars and have a healthy HP pool and just do gobs of damage. I think it may actually be just a bit more than a "farming" team, its going to clear real content a lot of the time.

20. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    Eh, I'd rather just have my Shivagon as an unconditional 39x over these. Better awakenings allowing for more damage with less orbs.

Deathpharion is the more exciting of these to me. I enjoy no skyfall leads and couple that with one that allows you to increase dark orbs for your next turn you can really set up boards well after clearing a full board. On top of that you'll have controllable, scaleable damage and HP/RCV modifiers and he's going to be amazing. Lack of heartmakers is about his only downside but you can inherit some onto his team, especially if you're using dupes of Esch you should have a skyfall buff up anyway.

chazzyclaws likes this.