Vishnu vs. Arena 1

Discussion in 'Co-op Matchmaking' started by MisterDrgn, Nov 19, 2016.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    @Ryeee @SamS @CloudnineXXX @RageSedai @Tachii

Anyone wanna try it sometime in co-op? I think it should be fast and easy. Tho I never ran much Arena, so I may not recall all the pitfalls. Probably you want green skyfall to be off for Sopdet. And I'll feel more comfortable fighting the boss once I get an enhance inherited on my Vish--gonna use Nim, but I need some red tans first.

(Altho enhance is probably less important in co-op...it's easy enough to at least knock Kali below 65% and grind a few turns if needed.)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    RageSedai likes this.
  2. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

Haven't run much Arena myself not have I cleared 1 shot yet but I'd like to try sometime. I prob won't be ready this weekend tho.

But to deal with Sopdet I think it's best to do 1 TPA and 3 combos, maybe 4. Results:
    image.jpeg
    5 combos is too much.

What's the ideal team for A1 anyway?

MisterDrgn likes this.
  3. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Again, I'm no Arena expert, but I think the team's strong enough that there should be a lot of flexibility. You want a full board changer for Beelzebub, a bind clear for whatever binds you (Apollo or something?), a damage shield (likely inherited) for DQ Hera, and damage enhance (also inherited) if you want to try and one-shot the boss. It's possible to bring all that in solo, and it should be easy in co-op.

...oh, and in co-op I guess you don't need the damage shield.

Ryeee likes this.
  4. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My vishnu team is baaaaaaaad. No board changer. I guess I can grab AAstaroth or Australis but no TPAs on neither. QQ.

Also if both of us have that bind resist party bonus thing, does that mean our leads are unbindable in co-op?

5. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    The badges only work in solo. I have LMeta inherited on Mathena for bind clear. Works pretty well, and if you time it right the orb enhance comes in handy also.

I'm running Meimei, who I guess is maybe the best board changer for the team. But I might actually prefer Verd for the hearts. The difference between a sub with one or two TPAs isn't that large when the triple TPA monsters are doing the majority of the damage (tho it is something).

Anyway, for co-op Arena I think one full board-changer across the two teams would be fine, since you only really need it for Beelz. Tho it doesn't hurt having more for combo shield and the like.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  6. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I think its better to have skybuff off, make set of 3 and max combo.

7. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Just tried it solo since I had stam to burn, just put up a random team together and got in. He hits like a god damn truck for a non-awoken pantheon!

Also I realized I could have used Vishnu and got 4 TPAs instead of that 4-4-3-3 lol, I was careless.

8. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You go on Discord? Easier to reach me there. I prob won't get my phone til like 4-5PM PST tho.

9. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I'd be willing to try it out sometime. I'm usually free M-F 9-4:30 EST to run stuff.

Sopdet can be handled with a blob of greens and low combos. Won't need a shield for DQ Hera. Some form of damage enhance would work.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Oh, guess I should have messaged someone. Well if anyone's around tonight let me know, or I'll bug someone in the next couple days to try.

I inherited Nim's Red Crest on Vishnu (2.5x attack for Attackers, will last two turns after a future buff). Worked well on LKali in Ultimate Endless--one-shot her with just three green TPAs.

Too bad I'll be losing bonus stats in the future by not inheriting something green. I don't have a Freyja or GZL.

(This is with Mathena enhancing all but two green orbs.)