Voltron Collab and the short sighted.

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Obelisk, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Obelisk

Obelisk Active Member

Look ya ppl, I know you're frothing at the mouth for that D in athena or something (perverts) but you guys aren't seeing the big picture here. Yes the collab sucks, I mean by my standards it did, I'm not going to roll in it, I see no point in doing so.

But here's the thing, it's a reskin, a reskin with un-updated cards (Much like that godfest, with ilmina or whatever). Look at bleach/eva, it was actually pretty mediocre set ups, then the second round of them came and boy, did they bring it UP a notch, grimmjaw, aizen, unit 13's. By the time we get this collab again (we will) we are going to see some game changing farming/subs/tactics in general.

It also opens the door up for reskins of the DBZ collab, monster hunter, even the shonen cards. Take a breath, cus we just got a door opened with a lot more opportunities, and like most gungho related projects, they don't blow us away with the first step.

Now save your stones for the summer collabs because we all know you're going to want to see some of your waifu's in bikini's.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  2. Lunatic

Lunatic PaD_n00b

User ID:
    Lunatic
    no you're just wrong there, we just wanted usable cards. and not including fuujin was insulting.

but yes, a second round could bring these cards to Bleach level but i still doubt it.

Memememememe likes this.
  3. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

I honestly just want a better artwork for the mech lol

4. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly, we should just be glad that NA even got attention. Everyone complains about how we have no access to cards in JP collabs because they'll never make it to NA, but now it can in some form of fashion. Yet now that it happens, everyone's complaining about how bad the cards are. Apparently having something is worse than having nothing. And if you don't like the collab, just don't roll in it lol. Just pretend that it never happened and it's another collab we never got or doesn't exist.

I guess people will always find something to complain about though :D

Roe Stack, aFireBlaze, Reni and 3 others like this.
  5. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    It feels like we're getting a very old, broken toy from JP

Rather have nothing tbh. The thought itself is painful. Prefer having nothing compared to having what is essentially an insult

Exoxist likes this.
  6. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    we have plenty of usable cards stop complaining, you wouldn't have rolled for the fujin anyway

what part of "opens up the door for reskin of better collab" did you not understand?
    this is also the first time voltron has come around, those are always trash
    if you expected the first coming of voltron to be OP you're stupid, if you don't like it don't roll

7. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I guess it comes down to whether we see this as a stepping stone or the norm for the future. (Well, more like what we think GH views it as.)

If we view this as a stepping stone, we'd be happy. But if we view this as something that will be the norm that will persist until it is "broken" (example of how I'm using the terminology: it was the norm for new pantheons to have 5* base and to need two non-awoken uvos before an awoken uvo; that norm has only recently been broken), then we're upset because it's an insult.

I hope to God this is a stepping stone.

8. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not a fan of how having a negative opinion of this collab is suddenly seen as short sighted. My vision is crystal clear on this one. They dangled this crap out there for 3 or 4 months like it was some big thing and when it is revealed we see JP's leftovers without the good card tossed in. Sorry if I don't have sunshine and rainbows coming out of my ass over this one but really this isn't that great at all. Maybe all of this stuff gets a buff in the future and it is the sickest collab since FotNS or Final Fantasy but right now it is a big pass for me. If this is the gateway for us getting all of the content that has been behind the wall put up by distribution rights for various countries then that is a legitimately good thing and a big deal but as of right now we can't jump to that conclusion and this collab as it is will not see any rolls from me.

KeViN, Arranging, Exoxist and 7 others like this.
  9. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

I don't see much to be happy about. We get a fraction of the collabs JP gets, but there's a CHANCE that IF the Voltron collab (that sucks) returns it MIGHT get a considerable upgrade.

In short, what we buy (if we buy it) might not suck in 6 months.

Name one other product you've bought because it "might not suck" in 6 months.

I agree, it could be worse. I don't enjoy McDonalds hamburgers. The fact the burger "could have been worse" if the restaurant employee had shit in the bun doesn't make me any more inclined to buy one.

KeViN, Songlian and PDF3 like this.
  10. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I dont wanna jump in on this argument, I will keep my opinion to myself. But this was fucking funny as shit!!!

EDIT: Pun not intended LOL

Ele, PDF3, nickjr and 1 other person like this.
  11. ssj2jeff

ssj2jeff Active Member

Can't wait for the reskin of the DBZ collab and they leave out Vegetto

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  12. Obelisk

Obelisk Active Member

Most games from ubisoft and graphics cards that were released with shit drivers.

13. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

I bought a Wii on release, despite it having zero good games for the foreseeable future, with the hopes that Brawl would make it worth it. It didn't, but there was no way to tell that a year and a half in advance, and all the info that had been released to that point had made the game look extremely promising and exciting. I'm fairly certain that a lot of people who buy new consoles on release have a similar mindset - oftentimes the launch lineups are not very good; if you're lucky, there might be one really good game at launch, but most of the things people are looking forward to are one or two years out from launch, so people buy early and wait for their purchase to be justified.

I roll in collabs even when they're bad because of the off chance that something in there will randomly be a key sub or inherit for a ranking dungeon or farm team down the line. Something like Keith certainly falls into that category, except instead of being a 6 star base like he was in JP, he's been downgraded to a 4 star base which means he'll be substantially easier to roll multiples of for inheritance.

14. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

LOL! I've heard rumors that there are unscrupulous employees who "cum in the bun" but I guess taking a dump in it is worse.

15. ta11geese3

ta11geese3 azure rathalos

Didn't you guys all roll heroine on the premise that it might not suck the next time it came around?

LOL

Everyone got suckered.

16. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nope. Meri was awesome the second she rolled out of the dragon.

Murdurus, mtb911, Dando and 2 others like this.
  17. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

Not just Meri. There are tons of good pulls from the Heroine REM. I use my Sheenas all the time as inherits for my Light team because of the awesome Light bicolor boardchange (Ilm is nigh unobtainable), and Kuvia & Elgenubi are mainstays on my Shivagon team. Ilmina makes S-Ranking super-easy and has an awesome active. There is no comparison between the Heroine REM and the Voltron Collab. One has a bunch of good cards with gorgeous art, while the other is "cum in a bun". But I guess it could be worse lol.

Murdurus and Freddyfudrucker like this.
  18. KeViN

KeViN Active Member

User ID:
    I don't support the lynch mobs this collab has created. I also don't support the people who thinks we should be making scarifices to show GH how grateful we are for getting an exclusive collab.
    If we offer GH constructive criticism about our grievances with the collab maybe they will improve on future collabs.

bp1976, nickjr and CloudStrife like this.
  19. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is the internet and not the place for common sense. You must pick one side to be on and dedicate yourself as a keyboard warrior to destroy the other. :confused:

20. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    No,
    and more no.

CloudStrife likes this.