Water's Devil Boys Art Thread

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by WatermelonOwl, Jan 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WatermelonOwl

WatermelonOwl Smol light demon

User ID:
    399 756 307
    Ohh I've seen that anime before, when it first came out!
    Ryouma kinda does look like Typhon except less angry and more smiley. He's like Typhon but with Gadius's personality :smuggrin:
    Personally, Typhon always reminded me of Li Xingke from Code Geass lol
    [​IMG]

foxwaffles likes this.
  2. Apollogee

Apollogee Amateur PAD Member

User ID:
    I love A.Baal...He's super gorgeous <3

WatermelonOwl likes this.
  3. WatermelonOwl

User ID:
    399 756 307
    Finally I got myself to shade something properly this year :p
    Revo Apollo looks so good now. His awoken form really wasn't to my taste so I can't wait for this update to reach NA!
    0.png
    In other news... I keep rolling shit on my main while my alt gets all the uber good 6*s and featured pantheons. *THROWS PHONE ACROSS THE ROOM*
    *waits for the fire boyfiend to be featured next gf*

foxwaffles, graps and Ovine like this.
  4. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

5. WatermelonOwl

User ID:
    399 756 307
    I haven't posted anything on my pixiv in ages, but I do have a tumblr that I update frequently

6. ronmoho

You don't like any of the archangels?

Baal is one of my favorite too, I'm pretty sure GH feels like giving him HP mult would make him too good(Ilm, Ilmina pairing) so they ended up switching to rcv instead boo. I'll still find a way to use him anyway :3

7. WatermelonOwl

User ID:
    399 756 307
    Oh I like the archangels, I just don't draw them much.
    None of them want to hang out with me in my PAD journey </3

I feel like they really should have made Baal devil/physical... Then I would be more ok with the RCV multiplier. And then he'll actually have some good, reasonable, low rarity subs like Saria and Sun Wukong...
    But I was prepared for a lackluster LS because he's not waifu. : P
    What I can appreciate though is that GH buffed a lot of his possible subs like Ars Nova and the troll gold light machines.

8. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    they just have to make belial 2x hp and r/l :v

tbh i don't know if i should switch my baal evo or not :c

9. WatermelonOwl

User ID:
    399 756 307
    pls gh

His current form is far more useful imho... Unbindability, stats, and multiboost is a strong combination. If I didn't care about him as a lead, I would leave him in his uuvo form.

10. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    i think awoken is better as a general sub, bc the tpas are quite nice to have

my myr team is bad to the "has to use either moogle or apollo" level and i like it for arena dc with randoms, so making awoken baal could solve that problem

however, unbindable/multi boost is so good for farming. I'm too bad to roll masamune/grimmjow so I need to use Baal for farming stuff sometimes : (

The way they could have solved this problem is easy, just make his awoken a good lead. Or even something to make him more unique, like 3 TPAs instead of 2. They didn't. :/

11. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    318,472,268 (NA) 255,394,397 (JP)
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd say the solution to the UUEVO vs. Awoken dilemma is to just get more spare Baals, but I think that's easy for me to say because I'm the one with 3 Baals. orz
    Awoken still has the jammer/poison conversion edge, which I am looking forward to, but everything else is... so blargh. Machine subtype? Really?

I maintain that we should've gotten a half-naked farmer Baal for his Awoken. :angelic:
    Heck, half-naked farmer Baal on a tractor. That'd make more sense for Machine subtype than it does right now.
    (That's... still on my to-do list. I just haven't been drawing at all recently...)

12. WatermelonOwl

User ID:
    399 756 307
    I think I may overvalue unbindability. Maining dark in my early days / devils probably made me too paranoid about binds. The new AS is on par with a board change so now he has that going for him.

My Myr team is pretty bad too. I don't have enough light heart makers either.
    I basically have scrap my Myr team into inherits if I want to have heart makers for A.Baal lol

Technically GH did make Amon and Baal unique in uuvo by giving them the new awakenings first so of course the new awokens are kind of bland. But yeah. No love.

I need more Baals... but godfests are brutal since archdemons are only featured like twice a year.
    The machine type does make me feel not so bad about never drawing his spider legs. :p I assume that's the machine part about him anyways.

I feel Baal's art could have been so many things that would have been better than what we got fageylglawelyal *signs pension for half naked Baal*
    My biggest problem with his art is that his face doesn't look like Haughty Baal nor his first two forms. I could go for a while about the art but I'm trying to embrace it rn qq

13. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    half-naked baal on a tractor o_o

@Ovine speaking of archangels where tf are the awokens LOL let's riot together

14. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    318,472,268 (NA) 255,394,397 (JP)
    PADherder:
    link
    Ugaritic!Baal is a fertility god, and that's my (flimsy) justification.

And I've been internally rioting about the lack of Awoken Archangels since the beginning of the year, haha. If the next stream doesn't have them I'm drawing another version of the L/W Raph we all deserve.

EDIT: Typo. D:<

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017 at 8:03 PM
  15. Apollogee

Apollogee Amateur PAD Member

User ID:
    Woah I feel the same way. I feel like the first angels set get no love esp. since they will (probably) get awokens in April or even May. I hope they don't get meh awokens.

16. WatermelonOwl

User ID:
    399 756 307
    #MachineRaph
    I need healing
    jk
    i think

Honestly the archangels can't get worse as subs. Their actives will always be good, except Luci, and anything's better than those autoheals.
    As for LS, I would like something like kinnikuman, but who knows

YamaP tweeted something about no more streams until "communication problems" get solved earlier this month.
    ...Not sure if they've clear up those issues or not, though I sure hope this means they'll go back to their old format and do near-weekly ult releases on twitter again.

foxwaffles likes this.
  17. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    all i want for gabriel is 3 tpas :rolleyes: everything else is optional

b/r would be nice also

machine raph yes

18. ronmoho

They probably have ls that have something to do with hearts or just turn thems heart cross.

Anyway, my dupe Uriel* and Raphael are waiting :)

*there was a time when I look at him and think "hmm, looks cute wait... is Uriel actually a tomboy?" and then remember that he's shirtless in his pre-evo.

19. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I wish I had more than one of each Archangel (except Gabriel who I already have to omany of). I've lavished so much love onto my Raphael and Lucifer I'm loathe to have to de-uvo them twice..... :(

I max skilled my Lucifer too...

20. WatermelonOwl

User ID:
    399 756 307
    Heart cross has been milked enough the last year. Do not make angels heart cross no matter how much it kind of fits their lore or whatever. Let us casual stoners have a chance at Noctis or Kinnikuman

Exactly why I need more Baals. I'll miss his white hair and self-entitled crown.
    And one day I'll roll an archangel...

foxwaffles likes this.