What does Aizen need for A3?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ViewtifulGene, Dec 26, 2016.

1. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just got Aizen today from the rank 50 Drink Bleach REM. Heard he was ridiculous for A3 and was sold when I casually shattered a Py's defense this morning. What would a good A3 Aizen team look like? Any specific inherits? Do all the subs need to be DB?

My Herder is dead, so I'm just gonna list everything I have as a potential sub:

DB cards:
    -Bikini Pandora
    -APerseph
    -LOLmiel
    -HallowIza (Karin)
    -Z8

Purple, but no blue
    -Super Pandora
    -Yomigon (Akechi)

Upside Down Colors
    -Ryune
    -Blodin

All 3 of my Orochis are currently earmarked for other projects, but I could be persuaded to move one here as an inherit, if it would complete a team.

For reference, I am more interested in speed than stability. Looking for a fast, sloppy team that can do 3/5 radars.

Thanks in advance.

juijin likes this.
  2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Uh. No Haku or Okuni or Typhon?
    Hmm. Going to have to ponder for a moment.

Ryune is sort of the color flipped Typhon here but the colors are backwards, making it more inherit than base.

Not having Eschamali is fine, I guess z8 is a budget impersonator. Panda is solid, as Panda often is, though not truly luxury or ideal imho. (Hp) Stats are decent though.

You will be happy, I hope, to know that you get some damage control at x36 with no crosses, so there's that.

Full multipler damage is so nutty you don't need all d/b subs, it's merely an ideal guideline, as some turns your aizen will be blue rather than dark and only modestly contributing.

I'm wary of double orb convert Persephone occassionally making a one half dark board that is so dense it is hard to create the crosses you need, which is an unreliable narrator awkwardness, but so it goes with going to war with the army you have. If it was a normal dungeon Id say, sure, but as it's survival percentage on a3 while trying to conserve other actives that may be holding inherits for end floor sequence/radar, just understand every once in a while it will get awkward.

You're thinking of running
    Aizen^??? / Panda^Karin / Yomigon^Akechi / z8^delay / Persephone^Ryune / Aizen^ulquorria

The thing about aizen is you often want to pop him to color shift him, so putting a critical inherit on him gets tricky, and the whole point of z8 is to pop often for skyfall percentage, so...

I think aizen or z8 nevertheless need to work a delay inherit in to the team. PreDra you can burst, but annoying perserverance will arise. I also think you wouldn't mind some burst / lesser multipler options, even with the multiple crosses multipler being absurd, and will probably naturally see some aizen friends with ulquorria (or whatever the spelling of that dark enhance burst guy is).

Lastly, bear in mind that while your RCV is x4 nice, your uncrossed base damage is x36, so it's actually awkward/tricky to stall a long time, particularly if dark skyfall boost is lingering in effect, as x36 can accidentally chip or sweep you past things.

Congrats on the pull.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    ViewtifulGene likes this.
  3. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If I had Haku, Okuni, or Typhon then I woulda listed them...

4. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Hephaestus will be a nightmare because it'll be hard to have the orbs to kill in 3 turns without actives and Hera Dragon totally out of the question as well. I'm sure he could burst gaia dragon in the 3 turns you get and has to stall out Noah dragon 99 turns since you won't be able to live any radar dragon hits pretty much period. You might be able to use a shield to two shot it but it'll have to be a 3 turn shield since your team also won't have the health to live a slap from the DQ. You'll need to pop it before the DQ then wipe that floor no matter what and try to two shot the Noah dragon but he may just absorb dark for both his first turns and fuck you. Noah dragon will be hard to stall on though seeing as you can't even push it below 90% but you have an unconditional 36x. It'll have to absorb dark and or blue when you go to heal and use those colors. Zeus Dragon may be possible with bursting to just above 50% so about 3 million per dark monster and 6 million per blue. Take the one hit for 22k and heal to jammer and you have to finish this turn but it'll be possible with 4 mil+ per dark guy and 8 mil per blue.

Other things that will most likely end your runs will be:

Sha Wujing pretty much needs a delay
    Zeus Hera is a pain without a poison or delay as well
    Sopdet only use subs hope skyfall don't happen
    Hino sucks with his skill delay then you have to be slow and don't overkill of course
    Vishnu will probably just end you without a long delay like Orochi.
    Make sure you have the health to live a lifive preempt that can lead into a DQ hit.
    Illsix you might not live most of his hits since it's for 39k and 45k before he gets to his frenzy point. Then hopefully you can kill with the jammer/heart/blue board he just gave since you have a static 36x and two main element blue guys.
    You also need a board changing active at the end in case of beelzebub.

So in order to even make it to the radar you'll need on the team a combination of a 3 turn shield, a long delay, a board change, and preferably another shield or delay. The leads are bindproof with a bindrow clear and active that makes heart so that's at least covered.

On the upside I think he'd just crush A1 fast with the right dark resist latents to make sure that's not an auto death at the DQ. 15% Hp badge may help some of your problems but the team really needs at least 46k health to not have to worry about the worst stuff. And at least 52k if you don't wanna stall the Noah dragon without a shield and plan to two shot.

Hope all this helps. I'm trying to climb this wall alone as well.

King Spin, ViewtifulGene and juijin like this.
  5. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Tag for later. Pulled him too and, while I have a good build to just blaze through A1, I have no sense of how I will cover the various utilities for A3.

6. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    I know, I'm just saying, it's going to be the XM budget version of XM, if you will, with a lot of potential to pull any of half a dozen upgrades to cards. All three of the above, plus dmeta, eschamali, etc, etc.

Setsu, despite being on vacation, posted today a bleach review that happened to link to an "casual" arena3 clear with Aizen, courtesy of LUKA, which, even though it uses some cards you don't yet have, you might find interesting....double z8 and Persephone base...

@Paul Blank tagging Paul just for vid awareness / solo interest.
    One run doesn't establish a solution or hit sufficient rng floors, obviously.

They get Sophdet and NoahDra this run, spanking Sophdet over three attacks with fairly simple single water TPA twice, and a single dark match, with a couple turns to spare. That was nice to watch.

NoahDra as soon as dark absorb was off, with a Susano shield, and just enough hp from inherits to tank the judgement hit, with Indra shield subsequently, and a pretty sweet high skill double cross while unblinding the board. That was a little fancy high skill, but hey. They did also boggle a moment at the start and stop the video to go lookup what the hell NoahDra does / what the approach ought to be, which was amusingly mere mortals of them. Given they ended arena with two inherits to spare, it's hard not to smile.

juijin and ViewtifulGene like this.
  7. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I saw a video where somebody had a long inherit on DIzzy so that she could use her shield on Haphdrag. That just barely bought enough turns to get in a natural kill. I might have to farm up one of those again for one of the sub slots, assuming her shield is sufficient.

8. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Not a bad vid for referencing. Cecil is nice for dark and heart and keep a similar active on him. I myself don't have any Orochi or Zeta hydra. I do have Okuni and the 2 turn delay batman though. The radar and Kali finish was total luck I felt though. He barely had enough actives between all his stuff to do the Noah dragon like that and didn't get burned by the wrong damage absorb when he had the killboard. Also he got the light Kali and luckily ended up with 5 dark orbs and enough other orbs to make a 7 combo to barely push her below her killing him. If it were dark Kali he'd have needed another active for damage. He also was smart enough to bring two shields because his Indra one got bound twice but if it would've bound his other Z8 he wouldn't have had a shield to go for the kill. His Susano shield reduction wasn't gonna be enough to live the Kali first hit to take away the shield but Indra may have been enough so he used it before killing the Noah dragon.

Inheriting a few on color things really helped the team out HP wise. With his long cool downs inherited he might've been able to do the Hephaestus as well. He definitely could've killed Gaia dragon. I still think that Hera Dragon is a game over.

He also has Cecil for dark resists and enough dark latents to maybe tank the DQ slap. He definitely didn't shield preemptively at the Defoud for it. Lifive to DQ could've been bad for him. Lakshmi was a lucky floor as well and no Vishnu. Overall it was a pretty smooth run with minimal activating for most floors. The team just needs a lot of help in the tankiness department.

I think he chose two Z8s as bases for the decent HP and being D/B for the recovery boost. Persephone is pretty much just there for the recovery.

9. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    I think he's just dead to lifive DQ, agreed. Best case he starts burning his shields and ends up screwed on NoahDra. But I'm okay with risk variance in the "requires a specific two floor rng appearance" department.

I think he's fine hoping the Kali board is workable, because he knows Indra shield will keep him alive through the rage hit if not, so that seemed fine.

I don't really like his double z8. I pulled aizen today and don't have the hands on past one TEC run, but I like awoken Haku quite a bit - slightly less hp, but massive rcv, a clearly better base active should it come to that, (say, on hepdra peeling off 15 turns of inherit/cd), and a solid mix of awakenings vs z8's.

I'm so far interesting in tagging in D/G Okuni for a base slot, offcolor subattribute be damned, as the 6135 hp (prior to latents or inherit hp) is vastly more than Persephone, and moderately above Haku or z8, and as the loss of the rcv boost for water cards is offset by the team running double Haku sporting super high rcv, so I'm considering base:
    Aizen - D/B A.Haku - D/B A.Haku - D/G A.Okuni - D/B Durga - Aiken

Where Durga is an experiment, swapping a +orb and 1cd for another TPA, (as his run illustrates even arena3 may never use the base active on either z8 sub/slot): Durga vs z8 vs Persephone vs Luci, all of whom are dark/blue, reasonably short cd for inherits, 1 to 3 TPA, and various tradeoffs wiggles of more TPA vs more +orb enhance with modest hp variations, with the exception of Persephone, who sacks hp for an actual base active.

Undecided on that Durga/z8 flex slot, but if D/G Okuni as a relevant base active hp stat stick can keep team hp up above where tanking rage hits with a Susano/Indra shield is good, and DQ with a modest amount of latents can be finessed unshielded, I'm for it.

10. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just got an Ultimate Endless clear with APanda/BPanda/HallowIza (Karin)/Perseph. Perseph usually gives enough orbs to make a double cross without too much trouble. The RCV is overkill, to the point where I would consider swapping in some dark/whatever subs.

Biggest problems are HP and Zaerog. It's game over if DQ spawns or Zaerog absorbs dark.

11. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Been soloing A1 all day with the same team, but I swapped Zuoh for Lumiel. I think I'll be ready to throw myself at this once I get my inherits sorted out.

Lumiel is a fridge brilliant sub for Aizen because she combos with him for a just right amount of purple and hearts. Zuoh + Aizen usually makes too much to separate two crosses, but Lumiel leaves some blue separators.

I'm thinking I'll put a shield on Yomigon and a delay on Aizen. The Akechi active currently on Yomigon is superfluous.

12. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lumiel is a really interesting pick. Other than her boards being even more troll prone than a tri-color change that true damage has so many uses and is 10X better because of the board change with it setting you up for the floors after.

Personally I'm going with: Aizen(Exa Hydra), A.Haku(A.Karin), Z8(Yuna or Kushinada, wish it was Indra), Diza(Ganesha), Halloween T&S(Satsuki), Friend Aizen(Unskilled Aizen or possibly another delay now that I think of it).

Unless I'm missing something the team has the tools to deal with every spawn and every Radar assuming the skills are up when needed and if I can get the right stuff overcharged before Hephdra if he spawns. And luck ofc.

Having Halloween T&S, Diza and the +15% HP badge means being able to tank DQ without a shield and also makes her, Zaerog and Ilsix damn near free stall floors and eliminates the need to bring any dark latents freeing up slots. It does need some light and wood latents for some random stuff but only ~5 of each.

Wish I had Cecil but HT&S seems like the next best thing if you want to not have to burn a shield on a preemptive that might not come or waste a ton of latent slots for said 33% preemptive.

13. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been following along on this thread too and am just getting around to thinking about my team.

I think this is where I'm at right now.

Aizen (SI TBD) / A.Haku (a version of Karin) / YomiD / DMeta (Satsuki, Ryune or Lumiel) / A.Perse

Lumiel is an interesting idea but I have several options. I have A.Okuni that hasn't made the cut yet either, but with the other changers, I feel like I may not need him unless the HP is needed. I also have Cecil, but that HP is so low, he may not make the cut either.

14. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The big benefit of Cecil is that he has dark resists built in and that gives you ways to build that make shielding before DQ unnecessary which is a huge benefit since you can save your shield(s) for the Radars. Other than that though his board change isn't exactly optimal since you can't combo it with anything but it does make hearts which doesn't hurt.

Personally I think your team base is good though, only thing I might change is Yomigon for Z8 but they each have their advantages. You'll definitely want a delay somewhere but not Okuni lol. You can always just pair with a delay friend though. A good strat seems to be one Aizen dedicated to holding the delay and the other is free to orb change as needed.

Oh and inheriting a better shield than DMeta is highly advisable, Indra is the best choice if you have him.

15. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofy Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For Arena clears I plan on running:

Aizen(Orochi)/Eschamali/Cecil/DMeta(Indra)/flex/Aizen

Unsure of my flex spot though and I have a lot of options too, which doesn't help narrow down what I can use. I've boiled the flex slot down to the following: Escha, A.Persephone, A.Panda, YomiD, Plum, Beach Panda, Anaphon, or Okuni.

16. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Be careful with Escha. I think she can make it harder to kill Sopdet.

BPanda is phenomenal for sniping down floors and RCV padding.

17. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was thinking Beach Panda with A.Ra's laser as an inherit - if I was going to go that route.

18. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Why the laser? You can break Predras' defense with 2 crosses and a purple 3-pack. I think there are better inherits for her.

19. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    True enough. The Ra inherit was a "just in case" in the Predra stage. Any other suggestions? I was thinking, another board change - possibly Karin.

20. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Shields will cover aizen's only true shortcoming and are probably his best inheritable skill