What does Aizen need for A3?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ViewtifulGene, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I would leave Satsuki unskilled, especially since you already have Haku/Cecil and Pers' AS is really good anyway. Pers won't be up until after Heph's third attack(without haste or SDR) even if Satsuki is unskilled but she should be back up for Kali which is really big as part of being able to survive Heph is also being able to survive the Kali floor right after.

honestrade likes this.
  2. Neekoe

Neekoe Member

User ID:
    You could always pair with saito (might be misspelled) and not have to worry about the blue coverage on your subs for rcv. He allows for a more flexable team with better damage controll.

3. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That would be significantly less stable than pairing with another Aizen.

He's a straight downgrade to rcv because he requires using an AS to trigger whereas Aizen's rcv is passive. AS management is king in arena so having your rcv tied to using them is a huge liability. Also you would still need blue subs otherwise you're only getting a rcv boost from one lead.

You also lose your unconditional 36x which means you can't sweep trash floors with prongs and you also can't use prongs to easily bypass high combo shields. It just makes the team more orb hungry in general.

Saito is also bindable, has two less fingers and an objectively worse AS.

Lastly while you may gain better damage control you lose the high end damage that makes Aizen so effective against the radars and so consistent against the Kali's.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  4. Neekoe

Neekoe Member

User ID:
    All true, but for those who dont have azien (me) saitio pairs really good with him. Having noctis, oda, esh and a. okuni gives you a lot of ways to get around game mechanics. I personally busted 7 combo shield with my team with little trouble.

5. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene MEN... WEARING PINK?!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I made it to Haphdrag solo today, but couldn't kill him before his attacks went over my HP cap. At this rate I'm never gonna solo A3 without MinervAbuse.

6. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh definitely, if you only have Saito then Aizen is an awesome pairing for him. Just not so great the other way around.:p

7. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So how the fuck am I actually supposed to juggle everything A3 demands at once? I bring 2 shields, then one overwrites the board I need to not die to Beez. I use a shield to not die on DQ only to not have anything for the radar and Kali. I use a delay on Parv only to die on Vishnu. Or I hold onto my delay and get Himalayan Angered. This feels like a fucking crapshoot just getting to the radar. I load up on utilities everywhere just to die of heart troll on a midboss somewhere too early for the utilities. Or I use them early and get no chance to recharge them; it all makes zero fucking sense solo.

Do I need to rebuild my team from scratch? Do I need to fuck off and give up until we get the update with stat inherits? Do I need to throw my phone into the river and kill myself because it's hopeless?

8. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    It looks like you just need to get back to basics and mean it a little more then forcing it. Can you make your team tank the DQ hit with latents? To save that for yourself? Try to take it one floor at a time really.

Also who doesn't die when Vishnu comes out besides cheese and long delay? Definitely save your delay for him or call him a wipe imo. Parvati could be a control thing possibly. Have you tried bringing something that has poison resists? I'm not sure on the options for that but personally I have to use moogle if I'm gonna use Myr and that little shit resists everything. Can you use a shield on Parvati and get it back up by the radar to help with that instead of a delay possibly?

You could keep beating your head against the wall for now but can even make a success not feel as good if you spammed it till you hate it and are doing it just to get it done and be done with it. When the stat increases come so will great survivability for your team for these hits your barely not living without a shield. If you can fix your main problems, focus on them and have yourself prepared for the stat buff from inherit to take you the next level.

Also pick a move and don't be afraid to spam it. I'm not sure if you or the friend Aizen has its move doubled up instead of the Orochi and that'd be the move I'd spam since it gives heart.

9. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There is no place to stall back a shield after Parv, unless it's a puny shield like Izanami. But she is a stat mule not used for her base active.

There are no viable, reliable poison resist options to my knowledge. Serket would cover some, but her shield is worthless and I brought her for nothing on the 40% chance poison still happens.

10. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Halloween Thoth & Sopdet if you have them. 20% dark resist built in as well as 2xOE, SBR and a prong. That frees up latent slots you would need for dark to use on wood/HP instead to survive Parv/DQ without having to burn a shield. That's what my team does and I always go into the radar floor with both shields ready and haven't died to Parv or DQ in forever.
    Parv is actually my favorite spawn now since I just store some hearts every other turn while letting the rest match and let all my skills overcharge for free without any risk of dying to skyfall triggering rage. You just have to make sure you keep the hearts in the columns she doesn't turn to fire.

Also take your second shield off your only board cleaner, way too many ways that goes wrong as you pointed out. I'd inherit Apocalypse or Karin or Meimei on her instead since she isn't necessary for predras.

If you put a long CD shield on her she's a counter to Heph buying you up to two extra turns on his floor. She's also got a dark resist which can free up 5 latent slots.

11. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't have HSop. :|

Removing a shield means I either die on DQ or Noah. Both exist and it is not realistic to plow both on the same shield.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Who would I replace Lumiel with in my team if I want to not die on Parv and DQ, but also don't want to die of heart troll elsewhere?

Current lineup is Aizen (Hydra)/Yomigon (AIndra)/Lumiel/BPanda (Ryune)/Perseph. The team has 32.5K with an HP badge.

I don't wanna swap Yomigon because she will get an extra 1100 HP upon evo, putting her head and shoulders over the usual beef sticks. I don't wanna swap Panda and Perseph because they carry the team's RCV.

I'm considering Serket, Izanami, or Z8 for the second shield carrier. But evolving any of them will be a pain and I don't want to do all 3 just for a bit of trial and error.

I ultimately NEED 36.3K MINIMUM HP to tank Himalayan Anger. It is not realistic to assume I will kill Parv without triggering Anger, because that would require premature active use. Putting up a shield for her means I'm gonna die on DQ or Noah. Delaying her means I'm gonna die on Vishnu. There will be no place to recharge a shield at that point.

13. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you go with Diza you get ~1500 more HP. You would only need ~7 wood latents to survive Parv with that boost and even less once Yomigon gets the extra HP. And like I said she's also a built in Heph counter and when you don't get Heph you have w/e shield she's carrying. She's also a panic button on the early floors since you have awhile before you need the inherit. I regularly use mine on tans when I can't get enough orbs to kill them off one changer.

I would actually put Indra on her and your other shield on Yomigon. You're slightly more susceptible to Noah because of binds but less susceptible to Heph that way. I'd also swap Ryune onto Pers and inherit something like unskilled Akechi onto Panda. Pers isn't nearly as useful on the late floors because she doesn't let you heal before possible preemptives whereas Panda does so it makes more sense to me to have the card you can't use till Beeze be a heart-breaker and the one you can use be a maker. You can still use Pers freely on the early floors too as long as you find a safe floor to stop using her by so Ryune's up by Beeze.

14. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Both of my Akechi are skilled. -_-

I'll try to hyper Izanami though. It'd only be the 4th time I made one after the other 3 got fed off.

Gr33nDr4g0n likes this.
  15. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you have an unskilled Apocalypse or extra Ryune you haven't skilled or something like that? Skilled Akechi is fine it's just not useful against Heph.

Oh forgot to mention you'll still want some dark latents for Heradra preemptive if you don't have them already but it's only 38k so not that many with the built in resist and extra HP from Diza.

16. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Basically everything with a useful active for inheritance has already been skilled or sold if I had a dupe. Only unskilled orb change option is a dupe Satsuki I haven't touched.

17. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Perfect, there's your inherit. She's not a heartmaker but she's better than a breaker and I absolutely love having her as an inherit on my team.

She also gives you extra insurance against Lakshmi and Grisar if needed so you don't have to worry about getting Ryune back up for Beeze if she was needed for one of those. Lakshmi is avoidable most of the time but I've been trolled by skyfall on the Egyptian floor and been forced to move on with 2 jammers stuck on the board and had to pop a cleaner before her floor. Grisar can obv be killed without a cleaner or with a heart+dark maker but Satsuki simplifies things if you can't get the kill on him with natural orbs.

You'll want to throw an SDR or two on Panda though since her CD is only 12trns.

18. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT GOD FUCKING DAMMIT GOD FUCKING DAMMIT GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

I JUST FUCKING GOT FUCKING BACKSTABBED BY RYUNE.

I made it all the way to Zeusdra and knocked him down to 65% on the first turn. Then I went in for the kill with a Ryune active, only to not get enough orbs for a double cross. Or rather, the double cross was on me and not the boss. I WAS FUCKING BETRAYED BY MY OWN FUCKING SUBS.

WHO IS THE FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT CALLED A3 EASY WITH AIZEN. WHERE IS HE. WHERE DOES HE LIVE AND WHEN CAN I MEET HIM. HE IS A FUCKING LYING NO GOOD PILE OF KENTUCKY DERBY HORSESHIT. I'M GONNA SHOVE MY FIST SO FAR DOWN THAT FUCKERS THROAT, HE'LL NEED A FUCKING PROCTOLOGIST TO PULL IT OUT. IF A3 WAS FUCKING EASY WITH AIZEN THEN I WOULD'VE FUCKING GOTTEN IT BY NOW.

19. Redmy

Redmy Member

You supposed to stall until you have a kill shot. Clearly it's not your subs fault.

20. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I thought Ryune was a kill shot...