1. Do you play all the newest mobile games? Want to get those games for FREE?

AppInvasion.com is looking for passionate mobile gamers to be their moderators. PM NeoCHI for more details.

What is everyone's fascination w/ archangel lucifer ?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Kane, May 20, 2013.

1. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I don't really get it ... he's not particularly great ... I'd rather have any gravity user over him ....

2. hunhao78

hunhao78 New Member

Latest and greatest always incites a feeding frenzy. He's a dime a dozen now.

3. TheTeacher

TheTeacher BRB Arena Mode Bawss Staff Member

He's the only 2x HP/RCV Dark leader.

His active is amazing. His art is excellent.

Also, being the mythical angel cast down from Heaven to become the King of Hell, the Lord of Flies, and Master of Lies doesn't hurt your popularity.

The devil's hot stuff these days.

4. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

haha indeed ... a ton of people on my friend's list have him.

he wouldn't be a dime a dozen if so many other people didn't just keep re-rolling for him ... retarded.

5. CowTemplar

CowTemplar New Member

Clears the crazy hard dungeons that everybody spends stones on without spending stones, doesn't require godlike matching skills to do so.

6. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

I'm more excited about Raphael, but I am biased

7. Zigjustice

Zigjustice Member

HE'S SO PRETTY!!!

Seriously though, Dark has very high HP already, and he crazy amplifies it. I wasn't able to pull one, but I'll be running Loki with friend AA Lucifers for the 4/2/2 team.

8. TheTeacher

Where's that Hera clear video of a guy running dual Lucifers with Hera/Hades/Hades/Hera-Is subs when I need it?

He had like 72k HP, the dungeon was essentially NBFD.

9. Misa

Misa New Member

I still don't completely understand the hype (never did) and to be honest, I think everyone is overrating him and I feel like there is an almost excessive amount of bragging going on in the forums because of him. :-/

I was happy to get him, but not because he was Archangel Lucifer- I was happy to get another potential god leader for something other than mono-red (I refuse to waste exp on starter dragons).

I don't think he will be used in tandem with another Lucifer for daily dungeon clears. At least I won't be using him like this. So I find Loki/ Persephone leaders of equal importance.

He is useful in terms of his skill, but only situationally in my opinion. I found him helpful in one-shotting Thanatos in the first conditional (which seemed to be a potentially risky fight because of the 17k damage skill) and a few other bosses for really quick dungeon clears this morning, but otherwise he's just been a benchwarmer so far for me. I'm sure I will find him useful in Descended dungeons, but I surely don't see him as a holy grail or anything of the like in everyday use.

10. TheTeacher

Misa, for people who run primarily Dark teams, Lucifer is a Godsend (lolcwutIdidthar?). We've been waiting so long for a 2Heal leader. Previous to this, Dark and Light were the only teams without it, forcing us to run the more limited 2.25xall, or some combination of 2x1.5, or 4/2/2.

Now with 2heals in Lucifer, Dark facetank teams like double Noel Dragons is very possible.

11. Fluffles

Fluffles Radio-Reactive Member

Once the hard dungeons roll around again everything will become clear, I also held the same questioning attitude before, until I plowed through most of the descends with only 1 Hera and 3 Rainbow Keepers; sometimes even with just 4 rainbow keepers.

12. rufus

rufus New Member

I'm with you (though I too have a light bias). I actually got both and am more excited about the day-to-day usability of Raphael.

Raphael and the RBG angels all have helpful skills that augment standard 4/2/2 and 3/3/1.5 lineups without fundamentally altering their gameplay mechanics. Lucifer is great, but using him as a sub isn't as easy of a decision (unless you one-shot the boss, which... ok, fair point).

Honestly, all the angels are pretty awesome. I can see why Lucifer is getting everyone so excited, but I'm surprised the other ones aren't getting more love.

13. DonPerion

DonPerion New Member

He clears 2 heroes, hera, zues, valk, hera -is, goeman dungeons easily i believe.

14. Misa

Misa New Member

In terms of everyday use (which is more important than situational use to me), I just don't see him as being all that amazing. I won't use his skill on most bosses and I will likely pair with a Loki instead of another Lucifer. I am sure he is great for Descended dungeons (as I think I said before), but those only come around every so often.

Just my opinion though. Didn't mean to belittle his skill/ versatility in any way. Maybe I just need to work with him some more since I'm new to the mono-dark scene.

15. DonPerion

DonPerion New Member

Use naga in comjuction with lucipher n u have 1.2 mill dmg to light. Also pair up with vitra n gravitys. It will decimate high HP bosses. Not to mention high def monsters are a joke now.

16. radav

radav New Member

Lucifer is definitely pretty crazy. I do think the other angels are getting lost while everyone basks in his glory. I do wonder about Raphael's ability to combo with a heartbreaker. It seems like you could do some crazy stuff with that.

17. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Costs you 2 CDs and a turn... and it's light damage, which is not as useful against those crazy light bosses (but effective vs Hera, granted).

18. Phage

Phage New Member

Luci is awesome since you can turtle while also having ridiculous boss damage, this means tackling Valk, Zeus, etc with basically zero stones and tons of security.

Outside of descended dungeons, basically any team can work.

That is basically the entire obsession, Luci opens doors that are otherwise too time consuming or risky for other teams. Raphael basically does the same thing when paired with Zeus and Hades, although is harder to build since Zeus is harder to get than Hera. Astaroth (g/d devil) is also awesome since her active can deal tons of reflect damage and since she isn't a god she avoids some binds!

Once we get Hera-Is, Blue with Orochi and Siren will probably be even better due to versatility. Eventually there is a fire Hera as well so it is just lolGreen that has limited end game potential at the moment.

But really being able to zero-stone Valk and Zeus, arguably one turn them, is enough reason to be obsessed. Everyday can be tackled by anything so why would you focus on those dungeons?

19. SeinaruAverra

SeinaruAverra The Quiet One who speaks the Loudest.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well Here;s What I See.

RGB: LolNoelTurtle for the Win.

Dark/Light(Before Angel/devils): .... how Many Plus eggs do I need to do shit.. How Many Stones Will I need to Use..

Dark Now: Lucifer Is The Badass Version of your Silly Snowglobes RGB! HAH!

Light: Raphael! HEART ORB THE EVERYTHING! -Insert Any Heartbreaker For LOLsomuchwindamage-

In The Immortal Words of RvB:

"Suck It Blue!"

20. rufus

rufus New Member

One could argue that Lucifer's costs you a turn (or more) as well - you need to heal back up. The 2 CDs is a bummer, but that impact will be mitigated slightly by poring dungeon.