Whats the hype about Ruel about?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Barriboy1, May 19, 2017.

1. Barriboy1

Barriboy1 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hello, before you hate me and bash how much of an ignorant I am and all the mean things you plan on saying, I'm just wandering whats all the hype about Ruel about, yes originally I got happy when I got him as I heard he was like Dathena, but know I and a lot of people out there have her, whats the new hype and point of using ruel besides the logical fun of trying a new leader?

Please Explain...Thanks

2. sgt502

sgt502 人造人間、フラスコの中の小人

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  3. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

she's an ok leader but everyone hyping her up is either a hipster trying to play DAthena without playing DAthena or delusional pretending she's a top leader when she's clearly not. but sometimes it can be fun to clear content with a leader that's a little weaker than the rest so you might still find uses for her in that regard.

4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No skyfall 2.25/56.25/2.25 lead.

Unbindable lead with a TPA and a 7C awakening.

Active guarantees activation.

Pretty large sub pool.

Reincarnated Meimei fits in exactly like Haku does on D Athena. Correct typing, board change that is perfect, two TPAs and a 7C.

Its very similar to a wood based D Athena.

is it as good as D athena? Nah, but its pretty much the same team without the SBR issues at the cost of some fire power since the unconditional damage boost is smaller.

Snarf likes this.
  5. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

This is all correct. However!!!

D.Athena is dark which gives her a lot of points over green.

D.Athena has triple TPA on top of her massive 2500 ATK which gives her one of the highest damage values in the game all things considered. Ruel with 7c won't be able to touch DAthena. She also has higher weighted stats. 1000 more HP for that HP boost.

D.Athena has a better active.

They are similar. The only thing ruel has is 2 SBR but loses 2 skill boosts. You only really want 5 SBR and Ruel team would probably have something like 7. Meanwhile you kinda want as many skill boosts as you can get.

6. bp1976

bp1976 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Although, having four of your SBRs unbindable, when the Kraken binds green cards right before the tama floor...might come in handy.

I agree she isnt as strong as Dath, but with the right team she could be pretty strong. Some combination of vishnus and Kaedes and Meimeis?

7. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    No skyfall is huge.

8. Son_of_Poseidon

Son_of_Poseidon Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She has a lot of HP, hits like a truck, can use a Kaede system, has a great board changer, and has great damage control with no skyfall. The only big problem is with big preemptives, it's hard for her to heal it back. Her low RCV multiplier compared hurts her and MeiMei's low RCV doesn't help.

A smaller problem is that she needs bind clear too, which makes her lose out on another utility. A lot of newer teams are going without bind clear and using that extra utility to help them clear more consistently because they either don't need it (unbundable RaDrag team), or they can stall it out (RKushi/DAthena). This makes her not in any of the top tiers (she should be though because she is better than Acala, imo).

9. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I mean i DID say that Dathena was better. I wasnt trying to say they were equal.

10. Barriboy1

Barriboy1 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mmm with the points above I will consider making a team for her I do have her and like 2 meimeis...dont think she is going to do any thing like darth but seems worth it thanks

11. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    *waves*

Now I can horde my MP for a collab purchase that will age very poorly!

Edit: also for more hipster points, I was rocking Awoken Apollo back when Norsebound was a thing. Him and Awoken Persephone are the OG DAthenas.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    らぶたん likes this.