White Cat Project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by slope, Aug 11, 2014.

1. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Just heard about this game this weekend - apparently it's one of the most popular new F2P mobile games in Japan. Completely free to play ARPG with similar mechanics to PAD/Chain Chronicle, but with *no stamina*!

I don't actually have a good link to downloading the app - I ended up using the TigerVPN method to download the game from the Japanese app store for Android.

Check it out!
    http://app.steparu.com/games/228-white-cat-project/228-white-cat-project

PAD Friend Shironeko friends spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tCqZ0Zr3WIMQIGV9aTJisNAaAorfijn0DvjyfjhDjrc/edit?usp=sharing

------------
    EDIT: Here's a copypasta of a series of quick guides I wrote on the game.

The best Wiki for the game is here:
    http://shironekoproject.gamerch.com/
    You can use the language selector up top to auto-google translate most of the content.

This site has the most reliable character rankings:
    http://appmedia.jp/sironekoproject/22808

And this page has the most useful daily updates for things such as daily quests:
    http://shironeko.appbako.com/archives/category/イベント

Reddit has a nice compilation of translations and various guides:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/shironeko/wiki/index

Some things I wish I knew sooner in the game --
    -- The only way to level your characters up is using a combination of Souls and Runes. Souls drop kind of like money (randomly from everything), while Runes drop specifically from certain monsters and chests. You can also farm Runes from the rotating daily dungeons. The schedule for the daily dungeons are:
    Monday - Purple Runes
    Tuesday - Red Runes
    Wednesday - Blue Runes
    Thursday - Green Runes
    Friday - Yellow Runes
    Saturday - Orange Runes
    Sunday - gold dungeon

There are also 1-hour limited alert dungeons that happen every few hours where you can farm Souls at a higher drop rate. Typically not needed unless you happen to be power leveling a couple of characters at the same time.

-- Your town is really important - especially the Inn. Leveling up the Inn is the only way to increase your Team Cost, which is what you'll need to do to fill out your party with stronger characters that you get from the REM. Leveling up the Weapon Schools are also critical, as they eventually add up to be a very significant boost to your party's strength. And of course, leveling the gold mines is a good, consistent way to earn income.
    It's definitely a good idea to spend some Jewels early on into adding extra workers. I didn't do this at first because I thought this was one of the game's moneysinks, but it isn't -- you're limited to having at most 5 workers in the town. So increase your workers as soon as you can - or at least, to a reasonable amount to match the income of gold and stones at your current level, so that your worker utilization is at maximum.

-- Certain enemies are weak against certain classes (and strong against others). There's a table somewhere in Wiki, but the most important weakness to know is that the water droplet dudes are incredibly tough against physical attacks, so you need a weapon with elemental damage *or* you need a wizard/healer's attack to kill them. Also, Archers own bees.

-- Speaking of which, don't forget to pack a healer in your team. I think you get one for free very early on, but one of the biggest limiting factors to progression in this game is whether your party has a healer.

-----------------------------
    Translations

The weapons shop have the following options (from left to right, top to bottom):
    - Enhance weapon (pay gold to level up your weapon to make it stronger)
    - Evolve weapon (when your weapon hits max level, this will reset its level but start with a higher stats base)
    - Sell weapon
    - Trade weapon (this is used primarily to purchase REM weapons with other REM weapons; you can only trade 4* REM weapons for other 4* REM weapons, and the trade is 4 for 1)

The character/weapon stats in this game are:
    HP
    SP*** (aka MP)
    Attack (攻撃)
    Defense (防御)
    Crit (会心)

Each class is affected by all of those stats in pretty much the same way. Caster spells scale with Attack (even the healing spells), and defense/sp are just useful to have all around. Early on though, more importantly than filling out your stats, is getting access to the "white stats" in your tree as quickly as possible (the ones that cost Yellow Runes). Those usually provide significant boosts (increase your attack combo count, increase a certain stat by 10-15%, enhance the effectiveness of your skills, or add a second ability).

*** A note about SP. Characters recover SP by doing normal attacks on mobs (classically known as "white hits"). The amount of SP you recover per hit is dependent on two things: character class and max SP. You can consult the table on the wiki to find the various SP recovery breakpoints for different classes.

Aside from the main character, the more powerful (and expensive) parts of the skill tree are locked until you friendship awaken the character (you basically can level up to around 80 before you get stuck). You get friendship points by completing a mission with that character (note: you don't have to use said character, s/he just needs to be in the party you're running with). Your friendship points are tracked on the char sheet, and they're also shown briefly on the mission complete screen.

In addition, you can gain an extra friendship point with a character in between missions by visiting the town and tapping on that character (the game will show a little "+1" as the character does an emote). And as of the latest patch, leveling up the restaurant (which adds friend slots, which I'll get into some other time) will increase the amount of friendship points you get per mission complete. The chart is on the wiki, but basically:
    restaurant levels
    0-9: 2 points per mission
    10-19: 3 points per mission
    20-26: 4 points per mission
    27: 5 points per mission

Each character requires friendship 280 points to awaken.... so this is a HUGE improvement from before if you can get your restaurant high enough. Previously you basically had to grind out 140 runs per char (less if you stopped in the town in between).

------------------------------

About "Friends" - aka Following/Followers
    (not friendship points, which are a different thing altogether)
    You can manage your following/followers in the "friend" interface (top right option on the menu).

In the friends interface:
    You have two lists, following (top left) and followers (top right). Your "following list" is what shows up on the selection screen when you do a mission. The icons show the directionality of the relationship (up arrow = you're following them; down arrow = they're following you; both = mutually following).

AFAIK, there's no benefit to mutual follow, or to having anybody following you. The only thing that matters is who you follow, since that's what shows up on your mission select screen. When you run a mission with someone you follow, you get the benefit of their current party leader's Leader Skill.
    (side note: if you have open follow slots, the game will prompt you if you want to follow someone after you've run a mission with someone who you're not following)
    (side note #2: the game recently introduced bonus stones for doing Coop Missions with mutual follows; you can get up to 100 stones this way, and it resets pretty infrequently)

Oh, as for managing these lists -- when you click on someone in your follower or following list, if it shows you the green button, that button means "stop following this person". If it shows you the red button, that button means, "start following this person".

The other options on the friend interface are - find more friends (you can search specifically by name, or just have it generate a bunch of random people for you), send in-game mail, and last but not least, send your friendship code to someone outside of game (or twitter) to get free Jewels.

Quick guide to town structures
    The four options on the menu are:
    1. Civilian structures
      1. Mines
      2. Restaurant (increases friend slots)
      3. Inn (increases team cost)
      4. Weapons shed (increases your weapon stash size)
    2. Training schools (for all classes, more unlock as you rank up)
    3. Decorations (no practical effects)
    4. Stash
      • you can "stash" a building after you have made it
      • sometimes you get the ability to make certain structures as a quest reward (e.g. the speedstar building); this is where you'll find those
      • to stash a building, select the building, click on the info button, and click on the big orange button in the middle
    -------------------------------------
    Scrolls

I think the last important thing to talk about is the scrolls. The game gives you 2x scrolls as a daily login bonus on a rotating basis (as well as during events), and you can access these scrolls on the second tab in your Items menu. Each scroll lasts for 1 hour, and gives you 2x of whatever that scroll is for the mission. As of the latest patch, the 2x scrolls are stackable.

From left to right, the scrolls are: exp, gold, souls, runes.

The bottom two are books - you don't get these for free, but have to buy them with stones. The blue book gives you 2x of everything for 1 hour, and costs 5 jewels. The orange book gives you 3x of everything for 1 hour, and costs 10 jewels.

I've never used the blue book, but have used the orange book to farm limited-time dungeons. The rune scrolls are great for farming the daily dungeons when you need to level up your dudes quickly, and the gold scrolls are good for gold farming on Saturdays (aka Sundays).

Speaking of which, the whole game runs on JST. This means that the daily dungeons are all adjusted to be 16 hours ahead of us. Effectively, we're basically behind 1 day, so we get their Monday dungeons on Sunday, their Tuesday dungeon on Monday, etc. (It's the same with Puzzle and Dragons in this regard, basically.)

Use the scrolls at your discretion, though they'll probably be most efficient when you're able to easily clear/farm the hardest or second hardest level of the daily dungeons, since those are the ones that reward the star runes you'll need to get to higher levels.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Angelflames1337 and らぶたん like this.
  2. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

lol I actually just downloaded this earlier today after seeing some of TGP's new videos, haven't gotten around to trying it out yet though.

3. PCC

PCC Member

User ID:
    246852462 (JP)
    PADherder:
    link
    My friends got me playing this... Then I get the 4 star girl with the long spear shaped thing. High defense ftw

4. slope

slope Well-Known Member

I finally rolled a 4* starter earlier this week (the girl with the hammer). This game owns my phone battery. X_X

If anyone's playing this and needs help understanding menus and stuff, I can probably answer questions about it here. (if I remember to check up on this thread often enough)

5. ZombhezBrains

ZombhezBrains "What do you mean zombies don't have brains?"

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You rolled the half dragon girl slope? nicee :eek:
    I managed to roll the 4* elf archer a week ago, and managed to get my second 4*, the featured mage in the current gacha. And this game does completely drain my phone battery :'(

6. Paimon

Paimon Member

I got sick of re-rolling so I decided that the next acc I got I would stick with if I got 2 good 3*.
    Got 2 good 3* then my 3rd roll was green haired monk girl :D later on I got 2 more.
    Got elf archer and girl with pink dress (lancer)
    Fun game so far, only good way to level up units is multiplayer :/

7. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Time for a major thread necro. Is anyone playing this?

I started playing again shortly before the holidays of last year, and have been pretty addicted since. If anyone else is in the US and playing this (and reasonably progressed), it'd be great to do some 2-player Speedstar runs.

8. ZombhezBrains

ZombhezBrains "What do you mean zombies don't have brains?"

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I stopped playing cause gacha rates were literally horrible.
    Anything good happen?

9. slope

slope Well-Known Member

The REM rates are still as awful as ever, but they give away a ton of free stuff (including free characters and weapons), and *lots* of stones, so you can reasonably expect to get a few 4* characters if you stick with it. Also, one of the free characters (Douglas, the Lion Sword) is like one of the most OP characters in the game. Not sure when they'll make him available again, but they've released his dungeon several times over the past year already.

Nothing huge going on right now event-wise, except that the Speedstar coop dungeon has some ridiculously good prizes if you can consistently SS-rank on it.

10. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Ressing this thread since a lot has changed since the last post.

1. REM rates were permanently changed to double the drop rate of 4* chars, halved the rate of 2* chars.
    2. They added a 10+1 roll for REM (roll 10 get 1 free).
    3. It's a really good time to start playing right now -- at least for the next couple of days, you can get 2 free 4* characters from just playing their respective quests.
    4. White Cat Project topped the grossing charts on iTunes this week. Nuts.

Of all the games I've played, this is the easiest game to be fully non-IAP. You can play as frequently as you want, and they hand out a crapton of free stuff.

11. lance

lance Member

can i ask how the trading in weapon works? ive managed to get 4 4* weapons, but it keeps popping up with something thats not letting me trade the weapon for my 4* bow i want ~T__T

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just downloaded the game using my JP iOS account.

I did a quick Google search and didn't find any English language guides, but I'm going to fumble my way through it (like I did with Tetris Monsters up to stage 31) and see how far I get.

13. slope

slope Well-Known Member

I updated my OP with a wiki link and some quick info about the game.

The gist of it is that you're only allowed to trade out 4* weapons that you rolled from the REM (note: not 3* weapons that you evo into 4*). You can't trade out the free 4* weapons they give you from doing event quests.

Recently they added a tradeable 4* weapon called a Memorial Sword whose sole purpose is to allow you to do weapon trades (i.e. collecting 4 Memorial Swords == 1 free weapon). You get Memorial Swords by doing the in-town achievements.

14. lance

lance Member

what kind of achievements do i get that from :?

15. slope

slope Well-Known Member

16. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Bump. This game is hitting its 1 year anniversary. lots of free stuff!

17. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

this game is really fun, thank you for recommending it @slope :D I have a question about the gacha though, how many stones should I spend on rolling characters, and how many on weapons? I did a 10+1 roll on the Summer Gacha yesterday and got a couple of 4* characters. is that enough for now or should I keep rolling for more characters? and how many weapons should I roll for?

18. slope

slope Well-Known Member

Generally weapons are a lot less important than characters. You can get by with weak 2* weapons or the free 4* weapons that they give out from quests/events for quite some time.

That said, it's not a bad time right now to roll weapons because of the extra 4* weapons in the Gacha during the summer character event. It's probably worth it when you're starting out to have some decent 3* weapons for your 4* chars. (they'll be expensive though, esp in the beginning when you're poor)

Which 4*s did you end up rolling btw?

19. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I got Serina, Kasumi, Riam and Raven(or whatever his name is^^). I don't know if they are good but Kasumi is really cute so I'll take it xD it's also quite funny how many stones the game throws at you in the beginning, how much less is this going to be later on? since there's no stamina there must be another limiting factor, right :D

buzzyrecky likes this.
  20. slope

slope Well-Known Member

This game doesn't ever limit you by stones. You can use stones to speed up your progress, but you can play as much as you want and how you want without having to spend a single dime.

The only thing you'll be spending stones on are for rolling the character and weapon REMs, and early on, to buy workers in your town (which maxes at 5 so it's not a huge investment) and to expand your weapons stash capacity.

You might also spend some stones early on to buy the 3x/5x scrolls if you want to speed up progression, but eventually you'll collect so many free 2x scrolls that you'll just use those for most things.

らぶたん likes this.