White Cat Project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by slope, Aug 11, 2014.

1. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

tbh I got annoyed by gacha-based games as a whole. but if I have to play it then it needs to have decent rates. right when most of us began we were complaining how much worse the Shironeko gacha was compared to the PAD gacha(and nowadays there's even fairer gachas in other games). but when Colopl then also started to get super stingy with stones and on top make it so your characters got all but obsolete after maybe a month(as opposed to slowly phasing them out like they used to do in the beginning) that pretty much put the nail on the coffin for me. I know the whole point of gacha games is to make you constantly roll more, but in PAD i never had the feeling that I absolutely had to roll that new character or not be able to have as much fun anymore, whereas in Shironeko I got that after a while. in the end most of my time spent in Shironeko was to farm more stones to roll the gacha more.

2. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

you were just lucky getting dkalis and kannas smh

at the end there's all these games wants you to roll more.

3. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

Rabu, will you come back for shinki Chaguma Kasumi? xD

4. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

summer Kasumi was always my true bae and she already got her OP shinki. but if she gets a second awoken-shinki I'd be in :p

sunglassesmichael likes this.
  5. CherryLimeade

CherryLimeade (?・・)σ

User ID:
    [​IMG]

yay, rank 100!! what do people normally post at this rank to celebrate in shiro? :eek: shinki wish list?

also poorly timed screenshot, rip

Hachi and らぶたん like this.
  6. frostmourne16

frostmourne16 House Elf Rights Activist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yay for Cherry! :D

7. CherryLimeade

CherryLimeade (?・・)σ

User ID:
    thanks, frost! :D

btl2 joshua was my first main character. :x so tempted to farm the souls for his shinki and run him for the nostalgia. then i'll have 4 characters i use often-- almost a teamful!

i don't really have anything to add about powercreep. my most used character outside of coop is a year old despite that i ended up using a lancer party for a few missions because there's some monsters i really prefer lancer for fighting over just about any other class, so... ^^;;

8. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

Infinity Dungeon is out! (except it's only 500 floors)
    New Four Star Project with guaranteed new 4* on your first 10+1!
    The Mage has a 400% Defense buff to party for 15 secs... powercreep pls

9. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

I normally avoid the shironeko thread after last time's heart breaking gacha fiasco, where i rolled all my farmed gems for a freaking 4 star weapon and got nay.

As most people said here, Shit'onekos powercreep is really out of control; Look at P&D, look at Soccer spirits, look at..well many games, they have powercreep but with a waaay healthier unit recycle/alternate way to earn cash (not just $$ the newest gacha).

Shironeko/ColoPl to be more exact is dying, sry if this triggers or sounds bad for some of you.

-Recently ColoPL shut down Kuroneko Eng, Korean and Mainland China, taiwan version is also in a very bad situation, among this it also shut down several other games i cant even bother remembering.

-Rune story got shut down (eng shironeko) a few months ago.

-According to some sources i read (not very sure, feel free to comfir it by yourself) currently Shironeko JP lost around 40% of profit (or was it playerbase?) this year.

-ColoPl announced that mobile gaming industry is saturated and they are aiming nearly all there resources in VR gaming, after this statement was made, there stock markets plummeled.

ColoPL is not in their best moments right now.

I myself would advice you people to not heavy iap in any of ColoPL games for the time being, just to be cautious.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  10. CherryLimeade

CherryLimeade (?・・)σ

User ID:
    ouch, krehan. >.o do you - or anyone else- know of any games similar to shironeko that have a healthier company than colopl? right now, shironeko is one of only two mobile games i'm actually having fun in(3 if you count an android port of a ps1 game i played until my ps1 stopped working).

english not required. 2nd choice would be japanese.

11. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Tbf i dont know any other game that has Shironekos gamestyle, the only ones close enough are pure 3D ones from Com2us (East odyssey, Kritka, etc) and I doubt you like them.

There`s also one called Battle High schoo girls (someone made a thread here long long ago) but is also from ColoPl, its basically Shironeko gamestyle+ Highschool girls..but our main concern here is the profitability and logenvity of ColoPl as a company..so venture in it at your own risk.

12. CherryLimeade

CherryLimeade (?・・)σ

User ID:
    i haven't tried many com2us games. at least, i don't recognize the names of the two you suggested. ^^;; how's the storyline in those?

aww. :c it sounds like the combination of how the controls and dungeons work, plus unlock-able friendship art is kinda rare.

...tbh, tho, i'm most likely going to stick it out to the end. :x

13. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

To be honest, those games arent my cup of tea either...so i havent tried them at all.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  14. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

gave shironeko another chance

i picked btl2 tetra, summer kasumi, bow kasumi, bow terese, 2 axe kagome, bow kamome, cross saber fran, xmas shizuku, and fist charlotte

top wants, either kasumi and terese
    ok wants tetra and shizuku

end result

kamome

rip, back to the trashbin

15. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    Rip. Sorry, Tony.

I think it's kinda funny that they take a goodwill move and make it a 10% chance that people will be happy with the result.

Some people had a hard time coming up with 10 they wanted, then of course received one of the ones they only picked to fill out the list.

It should have been pick 5, at most.

16. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

tbh it was still a nice thing to have, regardless of 1 out of 5 or 10.

honestly i wish they could have kept the possibility for old character to re-appear (chaguma incident), then the game wouldn't end up keep pushing out new characters and probably the powercreep would haven't got out of hand.

not like i don't like kamome, just wish it was somethign else lol

17. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The rotation between the usual class icon and the a present seems to be designed to appease people who feel superior about getting theirs the first time around. lol

Yes, it's certainly nicer than having no opportunity to get past characters, but by making it 1/10 that you get the one you really want, even if they had this event every month you might not get it after a year of trying. lol

That's why it seems kind of funny to me to take this opportunity to try and make your players happy, but throw in the chance to troll them at the same time. lol

18. Kev13579

Kev13579 Member

I forgot who I picked other than CS Fran, BtL Tetra and X-Mas Fran :p. But I got X-Mas Fran so I'm happy! Now I'm only missing CS for all Frans :3

19. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Obviously they're not gonna bring this back all the time, but it would be nice if they did it again some time.

I started a Bluestacks alt and an alt on my old iPad trying again for Summer Kasumi.

Bluestacks got NY Therese and the old iPad got Chaguma Fran. Both were acceptable enough that I'm not gonna go through the trouble of rerolling, I think.

Fran account did a couple character rolls on a whim and has Kurani now, as well, but not the deck cost to put her with Fran. lol

I'm not planning to invest too much time in these alts, just use them to cheese things every now and then, but I guess I will want to invest a little in their towns to make things more convenient.

20. CherryLimeade

CherryLimeade (?・・)σ

User ID:
    congrats! c: