Who is hype for Fire Emblem: Heroes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by swintergreen, Jan 20, 2017.

1. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ammmm! Total filthy casual here but I'm still very excited!

Any fans of the series out there? This new F2P game from the franchise is coming to Android and iOS on February 2nd. It uses classic Fire Emblem strategic gameplay with a gacha element to summon new heroes like Lon'qu and Lyn.

They're doing a "PCGF" style voting event before the release: https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote

Official website: https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/

(Rumor has it that half the PAD population is quitting to join the Fire Emblem hype train... jk hahaha... ha...)

2. mybs

mybs \(^○^)人(^○^)/

I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully, their gacha doesn't have god awful rates as I'm not likely to spend much on any F2P game.

3. Otter

Otter Member

User ID:
    I can't wait to throw my phone in a ditch in permadeath rage.

4. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think they're allowed to do permadeath, as per JP gacha rules! There would be massive rioting in the streets.

5. Otter

Otter Member

User ID:
    I actually can't wait for this. Spent many days with Fire Emblem and Game Boy :D Thank you for the further information, I forgot about gacha laws.

6. Chenzi

Chenzi Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Fire Emblem nut. Have been since the first localized game. :p

So yeah, I'm pre-registered and everything. I'm really hoping I enjoy this game. I'm going to be taking the F2P route with it like all mobile games so I hope the game is at least moderately generous with the premium currency. Guess we'll see.

7. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    I wanted to post saying the app is now live in the US.

8. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    yey \(owo)/
    [​IMG]

Arranging likes this.
  9. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ooh nice, Camilla is a great pull. I had Robin (5*) in my first play but decided to reroll for my queen, Cordelia. Had a few good rolls in there, but no Cordelia yet!

10. Ginka

Ginka Just one more roll....!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got a 4* Camilla, and a 5* Tiki Scion Dragon. Off to a decent start I guess with a 3% pull. I like the play style, but the drawings are a bit too cartoonish compared to Fire Emblem Awakening, but it's not game breaking. I haven't played the newest installment since I found out I was too late to buy a Collectors Edition for the 3 games, and certainly siding want to pay premium on EBay. I'll get around to them sometime.

11. TheSeiferOne

TheSeiferOne Demon Destroying Star Angel Event Manager

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    rerolling until Tiki and then Nowi dont rly care about this game

12. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I didn't bother rerolling because I'm lazy af but on my second set of 20 orbs I got 5* Ryoma! Most wanted unit is my beloved husbando Takumi but I'll take it! I like Ryoma too :3

Ginka likes this.
  13. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    Enjoying this alot more than i expected to

Tho idk what to do on stuff

Like bettering characters and stuff

14. Chenzi

Chenzi Well-Known Member

So far I'm running with:

5* Child!Tiki
    5* Chrom
    4* Jagen
    4* Clarine

I'm off to a good start!

15. Ginka

Ginka Just one more roll....!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My wife pulled me 5* Raven? Who is Raven? LOL! I just like fighters in general from the FE series.

16. awkakes

awkakes what do I even-?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm rerolling this, I don't care but I havent gotten a five star yet and I- I'm sorry pad please wait after I do this, I'll come back for yooooouuuuuuu!!

17. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    After 3 batches of 5 summons each no Takumi RIP

What's got me salty is the last two summon batches, NOT A SINGLE GRAY ORB APPEARED! garrrrrrr

Oh well. Currently running with a red mage dude, Beruka, Ryoma, and a healer. Seems to work okay, Ryoma just carries me through everything. I'm sure I"ll get the hang of this eventually???

18. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    In my opinion, the game is lacking in different things to do, particularly micromanaging. The game revolves around story mode and dungeons incredibly like story mode dungeons, i.e. training and special events. Through these dungeons, you receive majority of your exp and SP, which is the core of micromanaging. When you review your box, all you get to do is look at skills, decide what skills you want your units to have, check if you have the SP to get them, and if not you grind dungeons to get them. The only other micromanaging present within the game is team building, which is relatively simple with 4 units and all.

I suspect training grounds will be where a lot of time will be spent since it seems that is where you will be getting the exp and unlocking materials.

List of spoiler tags to shorten my post.
    • larger maps like the original fire emblem w/ enemy reinforcements
    • a way to have more than a 4 unit party for said larger maps
    • campaigns where you take a single party/group into a multi-dungeon quest with a reward at the end
    • in-dungeon loot- please encouragement risky journeys deep into the dungeon to acquire some sort of loot!
    • an easier way to acquire better stats since the stat gains during levels are random and "merging" the exact same unit is distasteful (this aspect of the game actually encourages farmables, in my opinion, since stats are incredibly important in the game).
    • a way to easily navigate through your units and to view them all at once without needing to learn or equip a skill or build a team (like a "view monsters" tab in PAD)
    • I am unclear what friends are for other than to drop off items in your castle.
    • The aesthetics is great overall with nice little touches here and there, sort of what you expect from a Nintendo title.
    • The leveling and difficult curve are good in story mode and encourages you to cut back on progress and level other units.
    • The summoning is actually pretty generous as a pseudo-4+1 instead of the usual 10+1 I see in gacha systems. Many of the Fire Emblem characters seem to already be in the game with exception to a couple titles (I fail to remember which ones). Granted, the actual 5% rates are... okay. Getting specific units at 5* rating is like chasing a non-specific 6* GFE.
    • Having set skills for each character is an interesting choice for differentiating units from one another.
    The Arena is interesting allowing the player to choose an easier, moderate, and challenging opponent. I have yet to try out a challenging opponent. I suspect the way the UI works for pairing up challengers is averaging the Lvl of your team and other people's teams, then randomly pairing the teams based on some differential in the average Lvl. That said, this can easily be exploited where you have an Lvl 20 unit with 3 Lvl 1 units (for an average of 5.75, rounding up to 6) and face other "moderate" difficulty teams of Lvl 6 straight across the board.

19. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    STILL REROLLING -dead-

20. awkakes

awkakes what do I even-?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's supposed to be 6% chance to get a 5 star right? Why has one not popped up yet ;w;